Bring4th

Full Version: What's your perception of time like?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Avocado

I'm making comparing my current perception of time to that of it 2 to 2.5 years ago.

I can honestly say it feels 3X faster! That means 1 hour feels like 20 minutes.

I'm awake on average 15 hours a day, that means my day feels like only five hours.

Ah! Confused I can't keep up with it... lol

Any one else exhausted??
I have less free time because of a higher paced schedule. Otherwise it seems the same.

Around the 5th i experienced a time shift that caused confusion. Didn't think much of it until a friend said she lost a day around the 5th. She kept going on about how the date was not matching the day.

About a year ago a whole family i knew experienced the same thing.
The overall flow of my day has been feeling equally faster and the duration of my days seem to be becoming extremely compressed, with the amount of events that unfold in my day seem to be either shrinking or unfolding too rapidly towards the moment when I go to sleep.

What a funny and illusory thing "time" is, especially in these recent days. Tongue
(09-18-2012, 06:19 PM)Avocado Wrote: [ -> ]I'm making comparing my current perception of time to that of it 2 to 2.5 years ago.

I can honestly say it feels 3X faster! That means 1 hour feels like 20 minutes.

I'm awake on average 15 hours a day, that means my day feels like only five hours.

Ah! Confused I can't keep up with it... lol

Any one else exhausted??

Yes.

I feel sort of "timeless" these days. I hardly feel the passage of time anymore. 4 hours will pass in the blink of an eye. Weeks are like days, days are like hours, and minutes are like seconds to me these days.

it is the same with me Anagogy :-) i have lost track of entire months and where i was in them because of this :-P. i think it has to do with both my living in the present and time as we know it "speeding up".
Well, I'm on a project at work to where I feel the pressure of time. But other than that, it feels timeless. An hour to me can feel like days, and sometimes a whole day feels like an hour.

Unbound

Things move.

Avocado

AH! Awesome. Thanks for sharing your experiences everyone. C:

Bumping this up. My perception of time I would estimate is literally that of a third of what it should be.

Anyone else experiencing the same as we move to and though the 21st?
Things do seem to be moving along at a bit of frantic pace sometimes don't they? The manic dance of excited children BigSmile

Unbound

No different than my perception of space, a perception.
For those with time:

My perception of the passing of time depends upon what I am doing. Sometimes when I'm doing something more "right brained" many hours can pass in what seems to me like a moment. Conversely, sometimes when I'm doing something more "left brained" time seems to stand still. Oddly, when I was still working, creating a massive spreadsheet that pulled data from many other sheets and did some tricky calculations made time pass in a more right-brained mode - meaning I could sit there for hours and hours focusing in on the project and suddenly realize that everyone else had gone home and I was very late leaving the office.
To be free of time is one of the greatest freedoms of all. To wake up every morning when you feel like, naturally, without artificial alarm signals, guided by your own sleeping/waking cycles—the natural rhythms and flows of your own mind/body/spirit complex—rather than the arbitrary schedule of the clock nailed to your wall; to fly through the days without counting the days, without minutes, without hours, without schedule, without deadlines, without pressure—limitless as infinity, living in the now forever and ever. To live in such a timeless fashion is incredibly liberating and consciousness expanding, and certainly one of the greatest feelings there is.

This is how I have always lived my life (striven to, and even struggled to in my relationships with other-selves) since I was a child. When I was little I was even scared to death by the ticking of the clock, that terrible, dreadful sound of time "running up"—the feeling of impending doom! (Especially at night when everything was quiet.) Yes, I passionately detested clocks, watches and any other time-measuring device. I also really hated birthdays, holidays and any such scheduled celebrations and customary formalities. I hated the feeling of being controlled by a clock, and it seriously freaked me out to witness everyone else around me submitting religiously to such man-made artifice! Indeed, I had a big problem with time, because, in my opinion, time shouldn't be "passing by" to begin with! Sooo... something was obviously awfully wrong in this reality! What was this insanity? I wondered as a child. What kind of delusive trickery is this?

As I grew up have continued to live life as if there is no time, seeing "time" as merely part of this... shall we say, collectively agreed upon arbitrary delusion called "consensus reality." I always had this peculiar tendency to say I had "no time" when people inquired about my age, or just humorously replying I was "millions" of years old. And I was just about 8 years old in the body as per human time standards.

Now when people ask me in the streets what time it is, I look at my naked wrist as though there were a watch there, and then I answer: NOW. And if they look at me slightly flabbergasted, I reassure them: No, no, I'm pretty sure it's NOW right now. Look, see? NOW! As a matter in fact, it's always been NOW right now.

What more do you need other than the orbiting of the planets around their sun for "time"? What more do you need than the morning and evening and seasons? You don't need clocks for that. And you certainly do not need time to measure spiritual evolution. It's not a matter of time.

It might be a "while" before people give up the illusory notion of time and start enjoying the NOW of every moment, but... before we know it, it's already mid 4th-density!