Bring4th

Full Version: The Story so Far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a bit of a lengthy narrative of my journey with spirituality up to this point. It's not very dramatic or captivating, but I felt and urge to write it, so here it is.

The first half of my life so far was spent in relative isolation in the desert, outside of a small town in New Mexico. I was raised with very little spiritual influence. Religion was not something talked about much at school or among peers, and my parents did not practice religion at all. However, my mom did get into some New Age/Native American Warrior and Medicine stuff when I was very young, and led a pretty spiritual life. She was always careful not to push her beliefs on to my brother and me, and encouraged us to explore and believe whatever she wanted.

However, she would talk a lot about her beliefs and experiences. Being young, I didn't understand much of what she said, but there was one particular thing she said that stuck: when I was around 6 or 7 years old, she mentioned people “channeling beings from other places, like Ra, Michael, and Seth.” Even at the young age, this concept captivated me. Being so young, I struggled to ask the right questions, and had no real context for understanding what she was talking about, but nevertheless, it stuck. Specifically the part about Ra. My entire life, I wondered what she was talking about. Ra was stuck in my mind. Every so often, throughout my entire life, I would try to look up what she was talking about without having any real clue or context. Any searches for Ra in encyclopedias or online only rendered information about an Egyptian deity, never leading to answers. I didn't relate this to spirituality in any real sense...yet it never left my mind.

Rough catalyst eventually separated my mom from her spirituality and relocated us to an urban area of North Carolina when I was around 12 years old. This was a pretty big culture shock for me, as not only was I raised in a completely different environment, but I lacked any real spiritual grounding. I learned very quickly that the fact I did not attend church made me an outcast among the children of the Bible Belt. I was bullied and ridiculed for being both socially awkward and without Christian beliefs. This caused a lot of pain, and I began to resent the Christians who belittled me every day. In a critical developmental time in my life, I began to build a framework of belief based around a reaction to this pain. I established myself as a staunch atheist, or even further, an anti-theist. I resented religion and spirituality in most every form. I held tight to the belief that any sort of spiritual or religious belief was trickery and exploitation of human insecurity, and that it created narrow-minded lemmings who were coerced into being controlled by a fear of death. I was never a crusading atheist, but I resented spirituality. I claimed to be a true skeptic, though it was probably more true that I was a “debunker,” or cynic.

Growing up out of my socially awkward phase and pulling myself out of the depression caused by the bullying, through the end of my high school years and some time after, I became a pretty happy person. I found meaning in life, marveled and the beauty of nature, and refined a sense of compassion, though these things did not register as “spiritual” to me. I was comfortable with the idea of temporary life resulting from random inexplicable chaos, no real meaning, just existence.

My life delivered me to a very comfortable situation. I was able to secure a job making substantial money working part-time hours, living with my best of friends, no school, no cares, no obligations...just a lot of free time and fun to be had. Of course, with all this free time, I had a lot of time to think. Having no real spiritual or philosophical experience or basis, thinking never got me far, until I started star-gazing.

I would lay on the hood of my car and just stare into infinity for hours, days, weeks, months, years. The longer I did this, the more I sensed that there was a reciprocal depth inside of me equal to the infinity which I gazed upon. I felt it penetrate deep inside of me. Eventually, this cultivated a concept to grasp which could propel me into actual significant thought: infinity.

As I danced with the idea of infinity, I touched on concepts that once seemed insignificant and now seemed incredibly significant. Awareness, consciousness, DNA, the experience and recognition of beauty...particularly the idea of consciousness being an attainable state through evolution within the infinite possibility of our universe. These concepts started to move me in a way I had never experienced, yet still I did not relate any of this to spirituality. Spirituality was still just trickery to me, and I avoided spiritual information loyally.

In true synchronicity, a person was attracted into my life who chose to openly discuss these very concepts around me. I would listen to him talk about these very topics without joining the conversation, just listening. A lot of what he talked about seemed bogus, but I could tell he was aware of that. Then one day he said something that I could not ignore. It was a reference to a Bill Hicks quote, and went something like, “Do you ever think that the universe is a conscious being, experiencing itself through us subjectively?” This kept me up all night. The next time I saw him, I engaged him in conversation, and we stumbled through these cursory philosophical ideas for a while without gaining any real ground.

The was a significant breaking point for me when he came over to my house one day excited about a news story he just saw about UFO's. I didn't really care about UFO's, I figured any sightings were hoaxes or people exaggerating regular aircraft sightings. I was at a point where it would probably take a NASA astronaut to convince me that there was an inkling of legitimacy behind the UFO phenomenon. That is exactly what he showed me. My jaw gradually dropped as we stumbled upon video after video of military personnel, government officials, politicians, astronauts and pilots all discussing personal experiences with UFO's...some of them in reality-shattering detail. I had no clue why this was so significant for me, but I felt the connection between our philosophical discussions and UFO's. I felt somewhat in a state of shock. Before then I could not remember a particular event shattering my reality like this. The implications of this information for me seemed huge, yet I didn't understand at all.

It was not long afterward that he showed up to my house again with yet another video he was excited to show me. It was a David Wilcock video discussing concepts which “resonated” strongly for me, but the one piece of information that flew out at me was his mention of the Ra material and the Law of One. A gong sounded in my head. There it was. Whatever this was...”Ra,” this obscure, intangible, unrelatable concept which never left my mind and haunted me my entire life...it smacked me in the face. I knew that I had to go home and ask my mom about it.

So I did just that, and my mom took me to their storage room full of boxes, pulled down a box full of books among 30 other boxes full of books, opened it up, and sitting right there on top in the first box we looked in were the first four books of the Ra material. I felt the fire burning inside of me, as if I were on to something major, yet they seemed so alien to me. I read the back of Book 1 and scoffed, I flipped through the introduction, looking at all of the pictures, and almost put the books away for good, thinking this was some weird cultish New Age crap. But that night I started reading, and was captivated by the words. I felt such a strong resonance inside of me that I felt like I was on fire. There was some obvious power behind what I was reading. I got about halfway through Book 1 that night before I closed it, put it down, and thought “I am being tricked. This is no different from any other spiritual information, just playing on insecurities and hopes of mindless drones. I mean, come on...Infinite Creator? Love and light? BS.”

I wasn't able to dismiss it as easily as I wished. I could not get this material out of my mind...everything I had experienced up to that point, from staring at stars, to dipping my toes into philosophy, to learning about UFO's; I knew it was all connected, but I tried to deny it. So I decided I was going to be a loyal skeptic. I would not simply dismiss this based on previous bias. If I was going to judge the quality and reliability of this material, I was going to have to dedicate myself to learning about it. I was going to have to grasp where it came from. I was going to have to completely explore the method of its inception. The only way I was going to be able to satisfy my skeptical mind was to learn how to channel myself.

This happened around 3 years ago.

The next era of my life is what I suppose most people would consider my “awakening.” I read the rest of the Ra material and set out on a journey to absorb and understand every bit of channeled information I could find. On top of this, I established a dedicated meditation routine along with frequent balancing per Ra's exercise, which is the information in the material which stuck with me the most the first time through. I explored other New Age concepts, read a few books about meditation, spiritual philosophy, Buddhism, but a huge part of my time was spent researching channeling and channeled material. My ultimate goal was to channel, but before I was going to take even the first step I wanted to have a solid basis for understanding what channeling was.

Obviously, in spending so much time with channeled material, I was introduced to a massive amount of spiritual information, some gold, some crap...it took some time to figure out which was which. In meditation, balancing, and study, I was able to reach relative balance, purge conditioned thought-forms, realize and break old habits, and transmute much of my old way of thinking into a more spiritually aligned configuration. I decided to release my old inhibitions around spirituality and figured I could consider myself spiritual, but I was still skeptical and took everything I experienced and encountered with a grain of salt. Still, this was a massive period of growth for me. I still had massive amounts of free time, and I spent almost all of it in meditation and spiritual study. As I absorbed this information, integrated catalyst, and meditated routinely, I could recognize an obvious shift in my awareness and perception of reality. The idea that “All is One” was actually starting to gain some traction in the framework of my philosophy.

Around this time I experienced a massive amount of paranormal phenomena, from UFO sightings, altered states, an “abduction experience,” strange sightings, and many types of experiences that I simply have no context to relate them to. These all helped me to release my previous notions of what reality and consciousness is and become flexible in my beliefs.

Channeling became a reality for me once I found a book called “Opening to Channel.” Around the same time I found this book, two of my roommates started to down their own unique spiritual paths. One was a devout Christian who felt like it was her mission at that point in her life to help me in whatever I was going through, and the other was what I would consider the epitome of a Wanderer. I talked to both of them about channeling a bit, and they both decided that they would like to explore the idea. Neither of them really had any experience with New Age concepts, the Ra material, or any channeling information at all. We practiced the exercises in “Opening to Channel” routinely and spent time meditating together and “calling.”

I won't go into a lot of detail about what we experienced during these times. We had a lot of success with making contact with outer sources, and the experience was almost as significant for me as when I stumbled upon the information about UFO's. While I was able to experience a channeling state myself, I realized at this point that the state could simply be a type of self-induced hypnosis where the subconscious mind flow freely. Luckily, the girl was extremely receptive to contact and had basically no knowledge of these concepts I had previously been exploring. What she offered me was a control for this experiment. Her success in relaying concepts she shouldn't know about was tremendous. I went through the motions of what I considered a skeptical approach, asking vague questions, making false suggestions (I figured, if it was simply hypnosis, suggestion would stick most of the time...which it never did), and attempting false flags. Despite these attempts, she clearly and sharply communicated information which, as far as I knew, she should not have known.

The channeling circle did not last long as the negative attraction proved too difficult for us to handle as a group, but I didn't care. I got into channeling to attempt to satisfy my skeptical side, which had been done by that point.

The story from that point contains little detail. My paranormal experiences have slowed down significantly; I still continue to study channeling and try to understand what happens during this state; I have refined my meditation and balancing exercises to a more ritualistic and crystallized approach; I focus less on exploring spiritual information and more on experiencing. I do still channel for various reasons, but I use the experience differently than most.

However, the Ra material remains the cornerstone of my spiritual framework. No information or experience I have encountered has offered more to me in the way of tools, information, and utility as this material. It seems obvious to me that this material has called to me my entire life. It never left my mind for a reason, and when I was ready to encounter and explore these concepts, it found me, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Thanks for reading.
Hey Austin,

Thank you so much for sharing this story, I found myself immersed while reading it. The confusion and "hunger" for knowledge, great spiritual growth and now a seemingly "quieter" time.
All of which I remember having been through and being on. As well much "weirdness" has stopped since the fast spiritual growth spurt had "ended".

I seek also more experience now than "knowledge", put to practice what was learned. For me it goes so so as I sometimes let the illusion swallow me for a while and then "wake" again.
But it seems that when I start to get more busy with things I feel important for growth.. magic is back ,D

Not that it should matter as I think its a natural thing to occur, when you open you're eyes you see, when you squint you see less, when you close.. You embrace the illusion.

Thank you again my friend, relating to you're story has had an helpful effect on me Smile

Love and light Heart

thanks for sharing your bio Austin.

It's a big thing to open up one's life to outside scrutiny.

one thing I did notice, though, and this is a general observation, not just on you, is the obsession and enticement with channeling.

I mean, we have with Ra the most undistorted, highest density source of communication that we are aware of.

we have with our Higher Self a mid-6d source that holds the last vestige of positive polarity, before it turns back to the Oneness.

we have a system of spirit guides and presences that are always with us, and know us better than our conscious mind can.

and yet there is this 'allure' to contact outside entities, and have them tell us the 'truth'.

(09-19-2012, 12:03 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]one thing I did notice, though, and this is a general observation, not just on you, is the obsession and enticement with channeling.

I mean, we have with Ra the most undistorted, highest density source of communication that we are aware of.

we have with our Higher Self a mid-6d source that holds the last vestige of positive polarity, before it turns back to the Oneness.

we have a system of spirit guides and presences that are always with us, and know us better than our conscious mind can.

and yet there is this 'allure' to contact outside entities, and have them tell us the 'truth'.

Yeah, there is a type of culture that has built itself around the channeling phenomenon, but I think the reasons are numerous and varied. Some people may not understand their own connection to their guidance systems, some people may be interested in "transient" topics which they're unable to explore outside of channeling, some people may use it as an exercise in self-reflection, some people may be looking for a savior...etc etc etc.

The main observation I've had with this channeling culture which I find a bit odd is the idea of "resonance" being a sign of truth or accuracy. Exploring the idea of why you are attracted to something, instead of the idea that you are attracted to something, is much more beneficial to spiritual evolution in my opinion. Many people seem to take the resonance and run, while I would suggest to sit with it.

My own interest in channeling had a lot more to do with satisfying my skeptical side. To understand it fully, I had to submerge myself in it.

My relationship with channeling now is very different. Like I said, I use it in a different way than most people. I obviously don't offer channeled material publicly because that is not my intent behind it. Not to be stingy or secretive with information gleaned, but there are different types of "contacts" or "sources," with different types of sharing, depending on the intent behind attracting the information. It's important to remember that these entities behind the contacts are part of our guidance system, and sharing can be just as beneficial for them as it is for us. Both channeling entity and channeler can grow from the relationship if it is conducive to such. When I channel, there is as much offered as received.
Thanks, Austin. I enjoyed reading your very compelling and well written story. You seem to have a knack for stringing the salient points together in an interesting way.

I am also very skeptical. Skeptical may not be the best word--perhaps scientifically minded is better. There was something about the Ra Material, though. My superficial reaction to the book was similar--I was compelled by it yet it seemed so new-agey on the surface. I picked it out from dozens left to me by a neighbor--all spiritual, UFO, and the like books. I did the same thing and read into the wee hours the first night I opened it. The information was different, sophisticated, and brought up things I had known so long which were not said anywhere else I was aware of.

There is just nothing out there like the Ra stuff.

i came home during my lunch break to read this

it was like reliving my own process of learning. i love this story.

except i've been lazy about the channeling part. haha instead i've been playing video games waitin for harvest BigSmile

ok back to work hahaha
Dear Austin,

Thank you for sharing your story. (It was about that time! BigSmile)

As with almost each story here, I resonated with a lot of things, smiling when reading parts that I have also experienced, recognizing many things within myself.

I especially loved this part:

(09-19-2012, 01:34 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]So I did just that, and my mom took me to their storage room full of boxes, pulled down a box full of books among 30 other boxes full of books, opened it up, and sitting right there on top in the first box we looked in were the first four books of the Ra material. I felt the fire burning inside of me, as if I were on to something major, yet they seemed so alien to me. I read the back of Book 1 and scoffed, I flipped through the introduction, looking at all of the pictures, and almost put the books away for good, thinking this was some weird cultish New Age crap. But that night I started reading, and was captivated by the words. I felt such a strong resonance inside of me that I felt like I was on fire. There was some obvious power behind what I was reading. I got about halfway through Book 1 that night before I closed it, put it down, and thought “I am being tricked. This is no different from any other spiritual information, just playing on insecurities and hopes of mindless drones. I mean, come on...Infinite Creator? Love and light? BS.”

I wasn't able to dismiss it as easily as I wished. I could not get this material out of my mind...everything I had experienced up to that point, from staring at stars, to dipping my toes into philosophy, to learning about UFO's; I knew it was all connected, but I tried to deny it. So I decided I was going to be a loyal skeptic.

What are the odds of these books being in the first box, just on top of all others when you "called" for this information?... Beautiful!

And the part of being "tricked". I remember how nauseous I felt just before I started to investigate what the heck this Ra material was. Cause I didn't know anything about what it was or who L/L Research was when I just started to read the material. I jumped right into reading sessions, and they were so beautiful, so alive, so out-of-this-world-amazing that I felt this nausea when thinking "what if this is just another hoax"? I was so afraid of it! Afraid of it not being "true", and I would find it out when starting to investigate what this "contact" and the organisation called L/L Research is...? =)

(09-19-2012, 02:01 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]The main observation I've had with this channeling culture which I find a bit odd is the idea of "resonance" being a sign of truth or accuracy. Exploring the idea of why you are attracted to something, instead of the idea that you are attracted to something, is much more beneficial to spiritual evolution in my opinion. Many people seem to take the resonance and run, while I would suggest to sit with it.

Hmm... This was interesting... Why do you think that we are attracted to the Ra material? Do you have any thoughts to share in this regard? And how should we "sit with it"?

Once again, thank you for sharing, brother. I loved your story! Heart

And um... Welcome to the forum! BigSmile
(09-19-2012, 01:34 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]...when I was ready to encounter and explore these concepts, it found me, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Excellent story my friend.

Yes that is how it works. We may sometimes be tempted to be proud that we managed to awaken within this very dense illusion, but in reality the more proper feeling is gratitude. Because we are never alone on this quest and being grateful attracts ever more wonders to us.

Much love to you !

Heart
(09-19-2012, 04:21 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]You seem to have a knack for stringing the salient points together in an interesting way.

Thank you! That is a great compliment coming from a writer. I used to be a professional writer as well...I think the biggest regret of my life is giving up my writing job which I loved.

(09-20-2012, 10:59 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I was so afraid of it! Afraid of it not being "true"...

That's a great way to put it...I felt the exact same way. It was scary that something that could move my mind so deeply could possibly be just a hoax.

Quote:Why do you think that we are attracted to the Ra material?

That's an interesting question, and I don't think that my answer for the Ra material would be the same as for any other source of channeled material.

In my extensive submersion into channeled material, the Ra material has stood to be completely unique. I could be walking a line of hypocrisy when I say this, but I believe the Ra material to be in a completely different league of channeled material. It's the only material I've found that was transmitted in that unique way, where Carla's personality was completely removed from the process and Ra was literally using her body to talk. Usually in channeling, concepts are translated through the mind of the channeler and are subject to the biases, experiences, or inexperience of that individual. Their essence is present in the process no matter how automatic or removed they may seem. Q'uo once said that they aim for 70% successful transmission of concepts, 30% belonging to the instrument alone, and even those successfully transmitted concepts are subject to the instrument's own conceptual framework.

So I think there would be varying levels to why one might resonate with the Ra material. If one is a wanderer of Ra, I have no doubt that the words would strike them deeply as they themselves played a part in their inception and transmission. I would imagine any other wanderer might be drawn to the material, perhaps less-so than a Ra wanderer, as they could have experience with the concepts talked about already. On another level, any entity who has already done the groundwork for knowing the self and is ready for a more "advanced approach to the system of studying the patterns of the illusions of your body, your mind, and your spirit" would probably be drawn to it as well.

While any of that may be true for any other source of material, the concise and undistorted nature of the Ra material, the likes of which I haven't found anywhere else, makes me feel that it would be more appealing to someone in any of those situations.

As for resonance with other material in general, whether it is channeled material, general spiritual material, or even art, stories, concepts etc., I'm not saying that resonance won't signify truth in any case. However, if something strikes us, it is signalling contrast. This is the reflective nature of reality. When something takes precedence within our perception, it is offering itself to be examined within us, not just outside of us.

So if there is a particular channel, or set of channeled material, that resonates with us, why would we assume that the resonance automatically equals truth? For instance, if someone has deep insecurities about death, they're going to be drawn to something offering them eternal life. A resonance towards a constant reaffirming of eternal life would be pointing that person to examine why they are drawn to that concept particularly, ultimately asking them to face their insecurity and sort it out. Someone who feels hopeless because of a lack of control in their life might be drawn to the idea that we have complete control over our own reality. It's the same with any particular bias. It's impossible to distill the truth from channeled material without challenging it, but it doesn't lose its utility if we are constantly using it to examine ourselves.

I'm definitely not saying the Ra material is exempt from this type of biased reflection. For instance, why might one be drawn to the specific mechanics of harvest? Why might one be drawn to accounts of alien abduction? What fears or desires are being highlighted when these things stand out to you?

There are some more subtle things, and particular channels will express concepts for different points along the spiritual path, signifying particular energy centers or energy center configurations. Someone being pulled towards universal love might be drawn to 4th density sources. Once they successfully grasp universal love, they might be more attracted to a higher source, and so on.

Quote:And how should we "sit with it"?

I would say, always asking yourself "Why?" Take a concept that you are drawn to the strongest and explore the reason you are drawn to it. Meditate on it, point your intention towards understanding the part of you that is drawn to the information, and dive into yourself to figure out where the resonance comes from. In my opinion, if balancing any distortion this way is successful, the resonance towards your true being will remain while your interest in otherwise transient concepts will fall away.
great story austin. however i disagree with what you said about resonance, slightly. there are many instances where i resonate with stuff that says something i don't even want to be true. but it still resonates as true. and sometimes something that i want to be true just doesn't sound like it is. resonance is just a word and therefore subject to the semantic interpretations of the individual.
i think it's more about what you don't resonate with you're supposed to discard. because if it is true you're not ready for it, and if it isn't then it isn't. and if you do resonate something that doesn't mean it's true but if it serves you to think so then who are they to take that from you? i used to read Sheldan Nidle and during that time i needed it. when i stopped believing in Sheldan i was still grateful for the material for getting me through things. now i dunno what i believe about Sheldan but it taught me something about resonance indeed.
Thanks much Ocean BigSmile

I definitely don't disagree with what you said about resonance. I didn't mean that if something resonates it means you want it to be true, but rather you are drawn to that concept for a certain reason. Basically what you said, "if you do resonate something that doesn't mean it's true but if it serves you to think," is what I was talking about. However, some people do not utilize the information for thinking, so it does not serve them in that way. What I perceive to be a large part of channeling followers "take what resonates" as truth, or at least "personal truth," rather than a concept to be explored within themselves.
ah i see.
Glad you shared your story, my friend. Your initial skepticism when you first encountered the material (especially the bit about being alienated by the photos of Carla in her instrument setup) is nearly identical to how I initially approached it. I only wish I would have been able to have a 'channeling' experience as you did, as I wanted this very badly for quite awhile(although I no longer need this to confirm my thoughts).
I had a lot of nausea and vomiting when I first opened spiritually.
(09-21-2012, 09:33 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Q'uo once said that they aim for 70% successful transmission of concepts, 30% belonging to the instrument alone, and even those successfully transmitted concepts are subject to the instrument's own conceptual framework.

I've been thinking about this for a while... You don't happen to remember which session it was where they said it, do you?
(09-25-2012, 12:12 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2012, 09:33 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Q'uo once said that they aim for 70% successful transmission of concepts, 30% belonging to the instrument alone, and even those successfully transmitted concepts are subject to the instrument's own conceptual framework.

I've been thinking about this for a while... You don't happen to remember which session it was where they said it, do you?

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0712.aspx

Near the end of the session:
We feel that we are approaching the level which we attempt in the training of each instrument that is, approximately two portions, or a 70% from our source, and one portion, or approximately 30% of that of the instrument.

I believe there was one session where they gave these numbers indicating Carla's own accuracy...I'll try to hunt it down.
http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0915.aspx L/Leema Wrote:...N: I have a query. I would like for you to differentiate with reference to the spirit as concerned with the difference between trance and meditative channeling.

I am L/Leema, and we feel that we may best respond to this query by suggesting that the meditative type of channeling, which is the conscious channel and which is utilized in the meditation, is of a dual consciousness variety. The ones serving as instruments are aware of both their own experience and consciousness and aware that there is a stream of thoughts moving through their minds. As the thoughts are spoken, the channeling occurs. It is a product of our thoughts combined with the thoughts and concepts of the instrument that we are able to blend into our messages, shall we say, all tailored to meet, hopefully, the queries and needs of the ones requesting the information. Thus, we speak within boundaries determined by the questions, the use of words, and the experience of each instrument.

In the trance type of contact, the one serving as instrument plays a much more neutral, shall we say, role, for though words are used, words and concepts quite beyond the instrument’s experience and vocabulary might be transmitted, for the instrument in the trance type of channeling is much more the machine, shall we say, much as your telephone allows two entities to speak in a relatively clear fashion by its use. Thus, the information which one might derive from the trance type of channeling is potentially more precise in its ability to convey concepts.

May we answer further, my brother?

N: Thank you very much. But I was wondering if in trance if the instrument’s spirit was sort of displaced?

I am L/Leema. Upon this point we may suggest that in the trance type of channeling there is a greater need for the entity’s, as you have called it, spirit, or mind/body/spirit complex as it has been called by those of Ra, to step aside for the duration of the contact. This is what allows the more neutral participation, shall we say, in that the one serving as instrument does not lend its own personal coloration to the contact or the information, for that coloration is not present...
Thanks Patrick, that's a great explanation.

I like that they call it "meditative channeling" rather than "conscious channeling," because in my experience (and many others), it seems very much like an unconscious act. I would only be aware of the first parts of the contact before I "phased out," and in any other context I would call it a "trance," though it is not trance channeling.

Everyone experiences it differently though. For my channeling partner, she would experience vivid visuals throughout the entire session which would be translated through her into words. She would not remember a single word spoken during a session but could recall the visuals perfectly. Sometimes she did not consciously grasp the symbolic nature of the visuals. It was very exciting listening to her describe what she saw vs. the words that were spoken, and figuring out symbolic significance.

Another important factor of channeling is the fact that some of the accuracy of concept transmission rests in the hands of the channeling entity. It is very much an artful task for them to work with particular channels and knowing exactly how to transmit concepts in order for the channel to accurately express them. The longer a particular entity works with a channel, the better they know how their messages will be received and translated. However this can also be taken advantage of by negative entities looking to corrupt the info transmitted.

Some channels will consciously or unconsciously create a "character" which comes forward during channeling. The character is often created by both channeling entity and channeler, a sort of archetypal state of mind which can be shared and where concepts can more accurately and efficiently be transmitted. This also helps the channeler separate the channeling state from a normal conscious state. Bashar is a great example of this. I believe the theatrical nature of his character not only hooks people into listening to his message, but helps convey messages in an understandable way. When the channeler becomes proficient at presenting this personality, it gives the channeling entity a bit more "to work with." They have more control over the character than over the person themselves, and certain things can be shared which otherwise might not be clear.
Do you feel the conditioning as a pressure on the front of your entire energy system ?
The conditioning for me was actually a sort of intense twitching, though sometimes I would feel pressure or a streak of heat across my forehead. The conditioning is something unique to everyone as well.

You notice Darryl Anka makes those "clicking" noises when channeling Bashar as part of his conditioning. Carla made similar clicking noises when she used to ask for conditioning, which she doesn't any more apparently.
what's conditioning?
(09-29-2012, 12:20 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]what's conditioning?
It's just a way to aid the communication.
(09-29-2012, 12:20 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]what's conditioning?

Here is an example of conditioning a new channeler/instrument. This is typically done by Laitos(4D) but is done by Latwii(5D) at times during this session.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0326.aspx Wrote:(Carla channeling)

I am again with this instrument. I am Laitos. We were able to get the feeling of conditioning with this instrument but the conditioning that is desired has not yet, shall we say, peaked. We shall continue working to substantially aid the instrument in feeling our presence and meanwhile we would go on to the one known as N and say to this instrument, you are not expected to do anything, or, if you wish, to say anything. These vocal contacts are services that may be performed for the benefit of others. It is one of an infinite array of ways to help another. There is no extreme rightness or cachet to the ability to channel nor is there any lack of service if one wishes to serve in other areas. To channel is not to be spiritual. There are times when to be spiritual is to desire to channel. We ask all of those who may see or hear these words to keep this in mind. Meanwhile, we shall rush upon our way to the unsuspecting next channel which is latent within the one known as N’s bosom and attempt to make some verbal communication such as “I am Laitos” clear to this new instrument. We now transfer. I am Laitos.

N: Laitos promised to turn up the volume but he didn’t turn it up.

(N channeling)

I greet you in the love and light and light love of the one infinite Creator. You are … I think I lost it.

A better example of this may be found in this session:
http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...06_01.aspx
This type of channeling goes a long way towards lending channeling in general credibility(in my book, at least), as the same story is continued on from one person to the next throughout the entire group by the same speaker (Laitos). If someone were merely 'making it up' instead of channeling an outside intelligence, they wouldn't know where to pick up where the story left off unless they all very carefully rehearsed it beforehand.
(09-29-2012, 03:23 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]A better example of this may be found in this session:
http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...06_01.aspx
This type of channeling goes a long way towards lending channeling in general credibility(in my book, at least), as the same story is continued on from one person to the next throughout the entire group by the same speaker (Laitos). If someone were merely 'making it up' instead of channeling an outside intelligence, they wouldn't know where to pick up where the story left off unless they all very carefully rehearsed it beforehand.

I agree with this to a certain extent, but I don't see the evidence being in the continuity of the story itself. The channeling state can allow for a great flow of creativity. Even if there were no outside entity guiding the story themselves, a group of people channeling their own creative faculties could easily create an interesting and complete story without any bit of rehearsal.

What might be more interesting is the channeling circles where the story draws upon a theme which is not revealed until the conclusion of the story. Where each person in the circle is given a piece of a "puzzle," and it doesn't form a complete picture until the story is finished. A simple story is one thing, but an untold yet consistent theme present within each person's piece I believe does a better job at suggesting something more to the channeling rather than the peoples' own unconscious minds.
(09-19-2012, 01:34 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bit of a lengthy narrative of my journey with spirituality up to this point. It's not very dramatic or captivating, but I felt and urge to write it, so here it is.

The first half of my life so far was spent in relative isolation in the desert, outside of a small town in New Mexico. I was raised with very little spiritual influence. Religion was not something talked about much at school or among peers, and my parents did not practice religion at all. However, my mom did get into some New Age/Native American Warrior and Medicine stuff when I was very young, and led a pretty spiritual life. She was always careful not to push her beliefs on to my brother and me, and encouraged us to explore and believe whatever she wanted.

However, she would talk a lot about her beliefs and experiences. Being young, I didn't understand much of what she said, but there was one particular thing she said that stuck: when I was around 6 or 7 years old, she mentioned people “channeling beings from other places, like Ra, Michael, and Seth.” Even at the young age, this concept captivated me. Being so young, I struggled to ask the right questions, and had no real context for understanding what she was talking about, but nevertheless, it stuck. Specifically the part about Ra. My entire life, I wondered what she was talking about. Ra was stuck in my mind. Every so often, throughout my entire life, I would try to look up what she was talking about without having any real clue or context. Any searches for Ra in encyclopedias or online only rendered information about an Egyptian deity, never leading to answers. I didn't relate this to spirituality in any real sense...yet it never left my mind.

Rough catalyst eventually separated my mom from her spirituality and relocated us to an urban area of North Carolina when I was around 12 years old. This was a pretty big culture shock for me, as not only was I raised in a completely different environment, but I lacked any real spiritual grounding. I learned very quickly that the fact I did not attend church made me an outcast among the children of the Bible Belt. I was bullied and ridiculed for being both socially awkward and without Christian beliefs. This caused a lot of pain, and I began to resent the Christians who belittled me every day. In a critical developmental time in my life, I began to build a framework of belief based around a reaction to this pain. I established myself as a staunch atheist, or even further, an anti-theist. I resented religion and spirituality in most every form. I held tight to the belief that any sort of spiritual or religious belief was trickery and exploitation of human insecurity, and that it created narrow-minded lemmings who were coerced into being controlled by a fear of death. I was never a crusading atheist, but I resented spirituality. I claimed to be a true skeptic, though it was probably more true that I was a “debunker,” or cynic.

Growing up out of my socially awkward phase and pulling myself out of the depression caused by the bullying, through the end of my high school years and some time after, I became a pretty happy person. I found meaning in life, marveled and the beauty of nature, and refined a sense of compassion, though these things did not register as “spiritual” to me. I was comfortable with the idea of temporary life resulting from random inexplicable chaos, no real meaning, just existence.

My life delivered me to a very comfortable situation. I was able to secure a job making substantial money working part-time hours, living with my best of friends, no school, no cares, no obligations...just a lot of free time and fun to be had. Of course, with all this free time, I had a lot of time to think. Having no real spiritual or philosophical experience or basis, thinking never got me far, until I started star-gazing.

I would lay on the hood of my car and just stare into infinity for hours, days, weeks, months, years. The longer I did this, the more I sensed that there was a reciprocal depth inside of me equal to the infinity which I gazed upon. I felt it penetrate deep inside of me. Eventually, this cultivated a concept to grasp which could propel me into actual significant thought: infinity.

As I danced with the idea of infinity, I touched on concepts that once seemed insignificant and now seemed incredibly significant. Awareness, consciousness, DNA, the experience and recognition of beauty...particularly the idea of consciousness being an attainable state through evolution within the infinite possibility of our universe. These concepts started to move me in a way I had never experienced, yet still I did not relate any of this to spirituality. Spirituality was still just trickery to me, and I avoided spiritual information loyally.

In true synchronicity, a person was attracted into my life who chose to openly discuss these very concepts around me. I would listen to him talk about these very topics without joining the conversation, just listening. A lot of what he talked about seemed bogus, but I could tell he was aware of that. Then one day he said something that I could not ignore. It was a reference to a Bill Hicks quote, and went something like, “Do you ever think that the universe is a conscious being, experiencing itself through us subjectively?” This kept me up all night. The next time I saw him, I engaged him in conversation, and we stumbled through these cursory philosophical ideas for a while without gaining any real ground.

The was a significant breaking point for me when he came over to my house one day excited about a news story he just saw about UFO's. I didn't really care about UFO's, I figured any sightings were hoaxes or people exaggerating regular aircraft sightings. I was at a point where it would probably take a NASA astronaut to convince me that there was an inkling of legitimacy behind the UFO phenomenon. That is exactly what he showed me. My jaw gradually dropped as we stumbled upon video after video of military personnel, government officials, politicians, astronauts and pilots all discussing personal experiences with UFO's...some of them in reality-shattering detail. I had no clue why this was so significant for me, but I felt the connection between our philosophical discussions and UFO's. I felt somewhat in a state of shock. Before then I could not remember a particular event shattering my reality like this. The implications of this information for me seemed huge, yet I didn't understand at all.

It was not long afterward that he showed up to my house again with yet another video he was excited to show me. It was a David Wilcock video discussing concepts which “resonated” strongly for me, but the one piece of information that flew out at me was his mention of the Ra material and the Law of One. A gong sounded in my head. There it was. Whatever this was...”Ra,” this obscure, intangible, unrelatable concept which never left my mind and haunted me my entire life...it smacked me in the face. I knew that I had to go home and ask my mom about it.

So I did just that, and my mom took me to their storage room full of boxes, pulled down a box full of books among 30 other boxes full of books, opened it up, and sitting right there on top in the first box we looked in were the first four books of the Ra material. I felt the fire burning inside of me, as if I were on to something major, yet they seemed so alien to me. I read the back of Book 1 and scoffed, I flipped through the introduction, looking at all of the pictures, and almost put the books away for good, thinking this was some weird cultish New Age crap. But that night I started reading, and was captivated by the words. I felt such a strong resonance inside of me that I felt like I was on fire. There was some obvious power behind what I was reading. I got about halfway through Book 1 that night before I closed it, put it down, and thought “I am being tricked. This is no different from any other spiritual information, just playing on insecurities and hopes of mindless drones. I mean, come on...Infinite Creator? Love and light? BS.”

I wasn't able to dismiss it as easily as I wished. I could not get this material out of my mind...everything I had experienced up to that point, from staring at stars, to dipping my toes into philosophy, to learning about UFO's; I knew it was all connected, but I tried to deny it. So I decided I was going to be a loyal skeptic. I would not simply dismiss this based on previous bias. If I was going to judge the quality and reliability of this material, I was going to have to dedicate myself to learning about it. I was going to have to grasp where it came from. I was going to have to completely explore the method of its inception. The only way I was going to be able to satisfy my skeptical mind was to learn how to channel myself.

This happened around 3 years ago.

The next era of my life is what I suppose most people would consider my “awakening.” I read the rest of the Ra material and set out on a journey to absorb and understand every bit of channeled information I could find. On top of this, I established a dedicated meditation routine along with frequent balancing per Ra's exercise, which is the information in the material which stuck with me the most the first time through. I explored other New Age concepts, read a few books about meditation, spiritual philosophy, Buddhism, but a huge part of my time was spent researching channeling and channeled material. My ultimate goal was to channel, but before I was going to take even the first step I wanted to have a solid basis for understanding what channeling was.

Obviously, in spending so much time with channeled material, I was introduced to a massive amount of spiritual information, some gold, some crap...it took some time to figure out which was which. In meditation, balancing, and study, I was able to reach relative balance, purge conditioned thought-forms, realize and break old habits, and transmute much of my old way of thinking into a more spiritually aligned configuration. I decided to release my old inhibitions around spirituality and figured I could consider myself spiritual, but I was still skeptical and took everything I experienced and encountered with a grain of salt. Still, this was a massive period of growth for me. I still had massive amounts of free time, and I spent almost all of it in meditation and spiritual study. As I absorbed this information, integrated catalyst, and meditated routinely, I could recognize an obvious shift in my awareness and perception of reality. The idea that “All is One” was actually starting to gain some traction in the framework of my philosophy.

Around this time I experienced a massive amount of paranormal phenomena, from UFO sightings, altered states, an “abduction experience,” strange sightings, and many types of experiences that I simply have no context to relate them to. These all helped me to release my previous notions of what reality and consciousness is and become flexible in my beliefs.

Channeling became a reality for me once I found a book called “Opening to Channel.” Around the same time I found this book, two of my roommates started to down their own unique spiritual paths. One was a devout Christian who felt like it was her mission at that point in her life to help me in whatever I was going through, and the other was what I would consider the epitome of a Wanderer. I talked to both of them about channeling a bit, and they both decided that they would like to explore the idea. Neither of them really had any experience with New Age concepts, the Ra material, or any channeling information at all. We practiced the exercises in “Opening to Channel” routinely and spent time meditating together and “calling.”

I won't go into a lot of detail about what we experienced during these times. We had a lot of success with making contact with outer sources, and the experience was almost as significant for me as when I stumbled upon the information about UFO's. While I was able to experience a channeling state myself, I realized at this point that the state could simply be a type of self-induced hypnosis where the subconscious mind flow freely. Luckily, the girl was extremely receptive to contact and had basically no knowledge of these concepts I had previously been exploring. What she offered me was a control for this experiment. Her success in relaying concepts she shouldn't know about was tremendous. I went through the motions of what I considered a skeptical approach, asking vague questions, making false suggestions (I figured, if it was simply hypnosis, suggestion would stick most of the time...which it never did), and attempting false flags. Despite these attempts, she clearly and sharply communicated information which, as far as I knew, she should not have known.

The channeling circle did not last long as the negative attraction proved too difficult for us to handle as a group, but I didn't care. I got into channeling to attempt to satisfy my skeptical side, which had been done by that point.

The story from that point contains little detail. My paranormal experiences have slowed down significantly; I still continue to study channeling and try to understand what happens during this state; I have refined my meditation and balancing exercises to a more ritualistic and crystallized approach; I focus less on exploring spiritual information and more on experiencing. I do still channel for various reasons, but I use the experience differently than most.

However, the Ra material remains the cornerstone of my spiritual framework. No information or experience I have encountered has offered more to me in the way of tools, information, and utility as this material. It seems obvious to me that this material has called to me my entire life. It never left my mind for a reason, and when I was ready to encounter and explore these concepts, it found me, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Thanks for reading.

everything is written in the stars! (i hope.)

"UFOs" or "UFO's"? which is right? now i'm confused.

thanks for sharing!!! Heart