Bring4th

Full Version: What is Magic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have seen quite a bit in the Ra material about magic and magical, but I would like a simple explanation of what "magic" means in this context. I am NOT talking about the Tarot card, the Magician.

However, now that I've mentioned the Tarot, a second question would be why does Ra speak so much about the Tarot and the cards in it. Is it perhaps because Carla and her group are especially interested in this "distortion"?

To me Tarot and Astrology have meaning perhaps because there are so many thought forms built up around them in the mass consciousness.

Getting back to my first question, can anyone explain - in very simple terminology - what Ra might mean by "magic"?

Unbound

Well, I think they are basically using it as a synonym with "metaphysical". Also, they are referring to various practices of ceremonial magic, and also natural magic, which can be seen as the exercising of the will to influence changes in the conditions of the environment or experience. This is done through the means of invocation and evocation, or connecting to different fields of energy/intelligence, thus creating pathways or geometries of information which are thus "input" in to the field of Creation.

At least, if I was to word it...
Quote:71.15
Questioner: Could you please comment on the accuracy of these statements. I am going to talk in general about the concept of magic and first define it as the ability to create changes in consciousness at will. Is this an acceptable definition?
Ra: I am Ra. This definition is acceptable in that it places upon the adept the burden it shall bear. It may be better understood by referring back to an earlier query, in your measurement, within this working having to do with the unmanifested self. In magic one is working with one’s unmanifested self in body, in mind, and in spirit; the mixture depending upon the nature of the working.

These workings are facilitated by the enhancement of the activation of the indigo-ray energy center. The indigo-ray energy center is fed, as are all energy centers, by experience but far more than the others is fed by what we have called the disciplines of the personality.

Quote:71.5
Questioner: Define, please, the unmanifested being.
Ra: I am Ra. We may see that you wish to pursue the deeper stratum of information. We shall, therefore, answer in a certain way which does not exhaust the query but is designed to move beneath the outer teachings somewhat.

The unmanifested being is, as we have said, that being which exists and does its work without reference to or aid from other-selves. To move into this concept you may see the inevitable connection between the unmanifested self and the metaphysical or time/space analog of the space/time self. The activities of meditation, contemplation, and what may be called the internal balancing of thoughts and reactions are those activities of the unmanifested self more closely aligned with the metaphysical self.
(09-19-2012, 12:54 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen quite a bit in the Ra material about magic and magical, but I would like a simple explanation of what "magic" means in this context. I am NOT talking about the Tarot card, the Magician.

However, now that I've mentioned the Tarot, a second question would be why does Ra speak so much about the Tarot and the cards in it. Is it perhaps because Carla and her group are especially interested in this "distortion"?

To me Tarot and Astrology have meaning perhaps because there are so many thought forms built up around them in the mass consciousness.

Getting back to my first question, can anyone explain - in very simple terminology - what Ra might mean by "magic"?

According to Ra, magic is the ability to use the unconscious mind consciously. Another variation on the definition is the ability to create changes in consciousness at will. Since all is composed of consciousness, this is literally tapping into the primal powers of creation itself. Many magical rituals are designed, through symbology, to create a condition whereby one's will is communicated down through the trunks and roots of mind, that we do not ordinarily have access to, where they affect a level of collective mind or consciousness we might call "cosmic" or "universal", thus causing changes in the less broad levels of reality we perceive at. In magic, one is working with their "unmanifested self", or that time/space analog of themselves, that does its work without regard or reference to other selves -- the self become creator, in other-words.

The significance of the tarot is that it, among other systems such as astrology and the tree of life, is a map of the archetypical mind. The reason Ra talks so much about Tarot, as opposed to the other systems or maps of the archetypical mind, is firstly because they were questioned so much about it, and secondly, when Ra was 3rd density, it was the system they used to study the archetypical mind, which they found quite useful for understanding the mind, body, and spirit.

Ra says:
Quote:The philosophy was to create a foundation, first of mind, then of body, and then of spiritual complex. Those concept complexes you call the tarot lie then in three groups of seven: the mind cycle, one through seven; the physical complex cycle, eight through fourteen; the spiritual complex cycle, fifteen through twenty-one. The last concept complex may best be termed The Choice.

Upon the foundation of transformation of each complex, with free will guided by the root concepts offered in these cycles, the Logos offered this density the basic architecture of a building and constructing and synthesizing of data culminating in The Choice.
What is magic(k)? It partly depends on the interpretation of the observer and practicioner. Thus, I may only offer my particular slant on it:

Within a 3rd density framework, magic could be defined as the conscious and intentional act performed by a magic practitioner (be that a fledgling neophyte or an experienced adept) to bring about desired changes or effects upon a 3rd density environment. Magic is largely an act of a metaphysical nature (which is why things can be affected remotely, or non-locally, or intra-physically). And that is precisely the key: that magic is about tapping, funneling and drawing from the inner/higher selfness of one's being (particularly indigo-ray nexus or "oversoul") to manipulate, alter, transmute and affect the outer realms of manifestation. This is based on the very simple truth that thoughts create one's immediate reality, as external reality is always a reflection of one's own inner state of being (i.e. feelings, emotions, imaginations, desires, ideas, as well as degree of awareness). Or to put it even simpler: you attract, and thus create, how/what you vibrate. In this context, the magician is simply an individual who is aware of, and sufficiently grasps, the underlying mechanisms of reality-creation. In other words, within the dream of 3rd density, the "magician" is a lucid dreamer, whereas the "laic person" dreams asleep.

In the most esoteric of terms, the magician is an alchemist, consciously transmuting, transforming, transfiguring his/her experiential reality with every thought and act of will.

However, when one realizes the "holistic" nature of all Creation, all things may be recognized as sacramental and/or magical in nature—from the metamorphosis of a caterpillar to the birthing of an entire galaxy.

The very Creation itself is a magical phenomenon.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no need for complex ritualistic Hollywood-esque ceremonies or extravagant paraphernalia when doing magic. These various tools and techniques simply serve as a form of "psychodrama" to set the proper ambiance/environment for the magical working and thus aid the magician to attune, focus, stimulate, induce and potentiate his/herself for the desired work. In essence, rituals are only useful as long as the practicioner finds any use in them. One can still work in very magical ways without any need for candles, altars, pentacles, daggers, ceremonial robes or any elaborate props. This, of course, also depends on the nature, or intensity/magnitude, of the work at hand. Thus, the "psychodrama" may still prove quite effective (especially for the neophyte).

EDIT Oct 22 2012
To avoid any potential "misunderstandings" here, let me add that I am emphatically NOT undervaluing, minimizing, disregarding, negating or discouraging the actual utility of the ritual/ceremony itself—for even I use such on occasions (especially in "sigil magic")—and to refer to it as a psychodrama does NOT in any way dishonor or devalue the act/practice itself. The magical act is first and foremost a metaphysical/psychological activity rather than a physical/material one (the inner/higher affecting the outer/lower, or "mind over matter"). The latter is ONLY a manifestation/representation of the former, so it would be only natural for the magician's inner energetic rhythms, motions, vibrations and thought patterns and focus to find expression in the external, physical dance that is the ritual/ceremony—there is after all, a profound holistic/sacred, as well as spiritually ecstatic and as aesthetic feel to it, differentiating this practice from any other common mundane performance. The only point I wanted to bring across was that the ritual/ceremony is not absolutely necessary in every magical operation.
Hi caycegal.

according to Ra, the mind has a geometry and geography to it.

now, on the surface, that sounds like an absurd statement to say. Aren't thoughts just passing through the brain or consciousness, being drawn by whims and on-the-moment connections?

but if you go with Ra, and learn the nature of the archetypal mind (the geometry and geography) then one can travel very efficiently through the realms of the mind.

one does 'magic' because one can intend a particular configuration of mind and have it manifest out of 'thin air'.
Questioner and Ra were talking about "white magic," which I interpret as making preparations to connect with time/space at some level. Being in third density means that this can only be vaguely understood by most of us. This magic is for enhancing the space/time self for beneficial purposes and not for influencing other-selves to any degree that they would notice. So no flash and surprise.

I interpret "black magic" as a form of cheating the system for a selfish purpose.
It might be worth noting that both the Ra contact and the Cayce readings meet the definition of making changes in consciousness at will.

Shin'Ar

Magic is a term which is applied in various ways, so to ask about it, one must specifically point to a particular definition of it.

I can tell you what it is not.

It is not the ability to alter creation, or to willfully manifest anything that one might think up or desire.

I can also tell you that ritual is key to such practice as it is via ritual that certain elements are brought into the field which enable or activate specific magical attributes.

To suggest that one might be able to simply will a feat of magic based upon one's power of mind over matter is neither informed nor rational. is it possible? Of course it is possible, we have creation as evidence of that. But we must act based upon experience and memory, and that even more vital element of connection. And what we have access to does not include such power as being able to willfully alter creation. Not at this level of evolution.

What we do have access to is higher fields of connection which can enhance our ability and understanding, and experience and memory which reveal to us rituals which also enhance our abilities and understanding.

Within such enhancement one is able to focus more intensely on the metaphysical environment of their field of consciousness and tune into the vibrations of that environment, in effect being able to realize the invisible and discern what things are available for manipulation of some sort. In other words, magic is the ability to perceive one's actual field, and its interaction with other fields, thereby enabling the utilization of opportunities that would have remained otherwise invisible.

The ancient rituals which have been applied throughout history were taught to us by ancient fields knowing that such would be useful in our coming to such interactions. What would be the purpose or reason for dismissing them?

If you do not like symbolism, do not use it.

If you do not like chanting then do not use it.

If you are not aware of the power of the field, then ignore it.

But do not boldly declare powers of connection to be under the control of your will, somehow at your disposal and call. For to do so is to call upon higher powers which would like to reveal to you their own powers which would relinquish yours and deny you your pride and arrogance.

One does not stick their hand into a beehive in arrogant defiance, without taking certain precautions, without finding out that the bees are not under their control.

Do not deny the Sacred Eye. Do not claim it as your own. Its very Design is that more than one is required to establish it. And THAT is its magic.

Cyan

Magic is any technology so sufficiently advanced that description of its basic working function would be impossible to do with accuracy to a "normal" person within that social memory complex.

Unbound

I deeply appreciate your respect, Shin'Ar, it brings a joy and smile to my heart and face, but admittedly also fits of giggles and laughter. All in love, of course. Smile

I am very curious about the higher beings you commune with, both seen through and not, your individual spectrum of perception. Is it truly the ritual that is meaningful to the higher being?

In my own experience, it all depends on which facet of the higher being one is choosing to commune with. It also depends on one's individual construct and in what way their thought system creates a sense of BALANCED EXCHANGE that allows this or that manner of communication with other fields to arise.

You see, the only thing that is necessary for a two-way connection between fields is an even exchange of energy. This happens by a sort of geometric "puzzle-piecing" between the information of the fields, in my perception. In that regard, a ritual may be reduced to an intention, a single thought, because that is what a ritual is about. A ritual is a navigating or movement in consciousness in which a state of singleness of intention brings about an action.

The reason that a ritual can be long and packed full of symbolism is that one is attempting to compound all of those attributes in to a single thought and intention, hopefully this being of love.

However, what is ultimately sought is an experience of equal exchange. We hope that by appeasing, or adhering to the Gods or higher beings, we will receive their knowledge, their blessings, all to do with what we will.

To me, we are confounding their teachings by exalting them. They, supposedly on a platform above us are reaching down a hand, and we are too busy ogling the nature of their generosity that we have forgotten that they wish to rise us up as equals!

It is very good to contemplate and meditate upon the nature of this generosity, for it is the nature which we must learn to be as equals. However, we must remember that the business of the hand is to assist us, and if it is truly of a higher being, truly of Love and of Light, then it shall never strike you.

But! That doesn't mean they won't give you some tough lessons that you may perceive as a strike. Tongue

I say all this because in my experience, these higher beings are also us! Each is unique and absolutely individual, however, this also means that every iteration or different form of each higher being has experience to share. Remembering of course, once we have raised awareness to this or that lesson, we need to move on to concurrent experiences.

(09-20-2012, 06:01 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Magic is a term which is applied in various ways, so to ask about it, one must specifically point to a particular definition of it.

I can tell you what it is not.

It is not the ability to alter creation, or to willfully manifest anything that one might think up or desire.

I can also tell you that ritual is key to such practice as it is via ritual that certain elements are brought into the field which enable or activate specific magical attributes.

To suggest that one might be able to simply will a feat of magic based upon one's power of mind over matter is neither informed nor rational. is it possible? Of course it is possible, we have creation as evidence of that. But we must act based upon experience and memory, and that even more vital element of connection. And what we have access to does not include such power as being able to willfully alter creation. Not at this level of evolution.

What we do have access to is higher fields of connection which can enhance our ability and understanding, and experience and memory which reveal to us rituals which also enhance our abilities and understanding.

Within such enhancement one is able to focus more intensely on the metaphysical environment of their field of consciousness and tune into the vibrations of that environment, in effect being able to realize the invisible and discern what things are available for manipulation of some sort. In other words, magic is the ability to perceive one's actual field, and its interaction with other fields, thereby enabling the utilization of opportunities that would have remained otherwise invisible.

The ancient rituals which have been applied throughout history were taught to us by ancient fields knowing that such would be useful in our coming to such interactions. What would be the purpose or reason for dismissing them?

If you do not like symbolism, do not use it.

If you do not like chanting then do not use it.

If you are not aware of the power of the field, then ignore it.

But do not boldly declare powers of connection to be under the control of your will, somehow at your disposal and call. For to do so is to call upon higher powers which would like to reveal to you their own powers which would relinquish yours and deny you your pride and arrogance.

One does not stick their hand into a beehive in arrogant defiance, without taking certain precautions, without finding out that the bees are not under their control.

Do not deny the Sacred Eye. Do not claim it as your own. Its very Design is that more than one is required to establish it. And THAT is its magic.

Shin'Ar

(09-20-2012, 06:29 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]I am very curious about the higher beings you commune with, both seen through and not, your individual spectrum of perception.

You see, the only thing that is necessary for a two-way connection between fields is an even exchange of energy.
I say all this because in my experience, these higher beings are also us!

I have brought a clip from another thread that more deeply reveals the difference between what Ra described as the magic of the unmanifest self by pointing out that this automatically implies that there is also the magic of manifested self. I hope that this can reveal to you the difference between Tanner's magic of manifested self, of channeling information from his own higher field of consciousness, and the actual magic of different fields of consciousness coming together in the Sacred Eye, the magic of the [b]unmanifest self[/b.

The connection of which you speak is mere memory that you have stored.

I beg the tolerance of the moderators of this community to allow this.
The connection revealed in this writing below is true magic.

"Man must regain what has been taken from him. And we can do this by discovering these ancient teachings in their uncorrupted form. The most important aspect of these teachings being the learning of how to tune into that frequency of our reality which allow us to 'walk in the spirit.'

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would." Gal 5:16-18

No greater warning was ever given! So you can see, there is much truth to be found in ancient religion, but only if one can discern the truth from the corrupted misinterpretations and additions.

Experiencing this human life should be a matter of understanding our place in the design of creation; understanding our position on the ladder of evolution. For if evolution is factual reality, than there is a state of evolution that far exceeds where we are now, that other created beings have already reached, "the above". The ascended.

Can these interact with us in ways of which we are unaware? Could these be gods to us? Do they assist us in our evolution, having once been themselves, where we are now? As Above. so below!

Who knows? Can we consider the possibility, and how should we acknowledge such possibility? What would we call such an effort to inter-relate? Magic? Miraculous?

Well, if there is a degree of ascendance on the evolutionary scale, than there is obviously also a degree of lower state of being.

The mystery schools of ancient teaching suggest this and acknowledge that everything that is created has a fragment of the consciousness of the Source. Every molecule, every microscopic creature, and every element of matter. Living or non living, everything created in this universe is created and designed to evolve via this vehicle of consciousness originated from the creator itself. Each one, not a holographic reflection, but rather a reproduction or expression of their Source. From the most miniscule aspect to the greatest, and so, these teachings have long acknowledged this progression from the lowers states to the higher states and declared, "As above, so below!"

This realization is the 'magic' of human existence. A magic that has been suppressed by extraterrestrial and human conspiracy. A magic that, when finally learned, can liberate the human potential, and free them from their bondage. Much of this magic has been corrupted, but that does not mean that the true magic is not still as powerful and available as it has always been. For this is, after all, the true design of the true Source.

The magic is in the learning of how to enter into the spiritual state whereby one develops and fine tunes abilities that they would not otherwise be able to experience. This state is acquired through a combination of meditation, a natural psychic ability that all men have, and wisdom which can only be acquired through knowledge. And one must also be able to tune out the physical world, using psychic abilities which remain lethargically inert in most humans, and understanding the truths I have revealed here, will be the means of your escape from the suppression under which most of humanity suffers, and also accelerate you into a state of evolutionary progress that can potentially end your need to experience this universe bound to its physical aspects alone.

Creation has far more to offer than we can possible imagine. Knowledge offers us the opportunity to experience the universe the way it was designed to be experienced. How long will you choose to remain behind?

The Sumerians called these 'gods from the heavens', the Anunnaki. These gods brought civilization to the human experience, and also taught us much about creation. They devised a culture that allowed the human to grow in potential, but unfortunately there were also corruptions. This culture, although it can offer wisdom to those who manage to discern it, also creates the very system which can also suppress us. That very culture taught to us by extraterrestrials, and corrupted and manipulated by some of them as well, has evolved into the religions and political empires of today. Within exists both truth and deceit, and it is for the intellectual few among us to discern benefit from what it offers, drawing the poison from it. Mother Earth has much to offer us if we know how and where to find it, and as we do we dilute the poison just that much more.

We can drink from its poison and suffer the tainting, or we can drink from its purity and enjoy its vitality, and to discern the difference we must uncover the secrets found in the ancient teachings.

These ancient teachings are today spoken of as occultism, as Paganism, and magic, and have been corrupted and abused by many who either wanted to subdue such powerful opposition, or to defeat the antagonism to their own faiths. Because of the mystery and deception surrounding it, many people view it as either fantasy or evil. But isn't that exactly what the extraterrestrial elites who would want to hide it from also want us to think?

This magic, its rituals which taught the practitioners how to mediate between the physical and metaphysical aspects of human reality, and its knowledge, which brought its students to higher levels of understanding creation, was carried from the earliest civilizations with migrants as they traveled the world. Its teaching has been spread across the globe, and yet, because of the corruption it had to endure, it must be excruciatingly discerned in order to extract its pure truths. This extraction process is known as 'alchemy'.

Beware of the Mystery Schools and the occult practices!

There is truth and benefit there, but the corruption is overwhelming, and because of this poison only the knowledgeable, discerning seekers of 'Light' are able to extract truth from its offerings. There is great danger in pouring from that grail without proper knowledge, and yet every human is walking that path and must, at some point, confront this process in order to evolve. This is the 'holy grail' sought after by so many, and hidden so secretly by the few. It is not a cup that once held the blood of Jesus Christ, nor the secret truth of some bloodline conspiracy. It is much more ancient than mere Christian influences.

The Sacred Graal is simply the alchemist's cauldron which can contain both poison and the antidote. Only wisdom and knowledge can ensure that you drink of the life giving formula, and not the opposite. Discerning the truth, being aware of the danger, and honing your mystic abilities into skill, is what defines the true magic doorway between the physical and the spiritual. Meditation alone cannot accomplish anything without the other ingredients of that recipe.

The true alchemy of the Mystery is that the process to being 'all that the human can be', by natural design, is based not on one part of a process, but on the blending of many countless various ingredients to create the true recipe for success, and the true 'mixture' that will result in the evolution of the consciousness.

The ingredients of that mixture do not suddenly yield immortality, rather it reveals to you your true self and the immortal you already are.

This is the truth which the occult teachings of alchemy offered for thousands of years, through the Pagan Circles, which has all but been obliterated by the church, the pawn of the elites, during the insurrection of the dark ages. This was when Paganism was virtually wiped from the face of the earth, and with it the last of the enchantings of our Mother Earth. The true identity of the human is impersonated by what each now thinks is their identity. And they either do not want to know any different and choose to hang onto to that identity as though it was their very life, or they just don’t know how to let go.

This truth is the Holy Graal the church and the elite hierarchy tried to hide, and it is the Mystery that became the secret, hidden treasure sought after by thousands of treasure hunters hoping, in their ignorance, to find wealth and riches.

In reality, the Holy Graal is simply the key which opens the door to human potential. A key so camouflaged in deception and secrecy that few humans have been able to discover it. And yet a key producing such great Light that it burns within the heart of every form. A potential so ascending that each climbs certainly toward that Great Mystery, so as not to be left behind.

However, because of the present specific attributes of our cosmology in this year of 2012, in correlation with the efforts of many great adepts, a global opportunity for enlightenment is now taking place. The world has entered into a new era, and with it comes opportunity. Do not miss the bandwagon and be left behind. This is not just about you and I. This is about everyone that you love, who’s future wellbeing you care about.

Today's world has created an environment where material aspects are considered more important than spiritual aspects. This has led to self-gratification of extremity where the human places his needs and desires in the highest priority. We are taught that success should be our goal. We are trained to conform to our particular cultural values defining such success. We have systematically been lured away from what should be our priorities.

The alchemical mixture of the human experience has been radically altered and corrupted. Healing is required. Mother Earth requires enchantments.

Yes, we all like to believe that we sacrifice much of ourselves for our loved ones, and in many ways we do. But be honest with yourself. Is the welfare of humanity really one of your highest concerns, when compared to your income and personal comfort? And are you really helping your loved ones by leading them into the same system of deceit and delusion to which you are bound? They may not listen nor understand, but you still have enchantment.

Shall we really seek to become The Only One?

As a human, no!
Without our humanity, we are not human. Just as without our God, we are not gods.

Should we ever become the last one of our species, how would that affect what we think we are then? And should we become The Only One, what then of interaction with “others”.

When we become aware of our reality as a fragment of the All, as a conduit of the One Consciousness of creation, we no longer see ourselves as individual, but as humanity as a whole, as creation as a whole. Our true identity becomes a whole instead of an individuality. This individual identity that we think we know now, as our self, is just a fleeting vehicle, and one of thousands of other identities our consciousness has used to experience this creation. So why would we identify ourselves with only one moment, one life, one tiny aspect of our entire existence? Our true identity is not as one human, or one individual consciousness, but it is as many, as humanity, as the All.

Understanding this, and understanding how 'THEY' want to suppress that truth from us, then our priority should be more about the wellbeing and success of our humanity as a whole, rather than our fleeting individual experience. We should love and care about ourselves, yes, but we must do so with the intent of being a benefit to our humanity as a whole, to our brothers and sisters who are sharing this experience of creation with us; instead of being a cancer to the planet and the future wellbeing of our species. If we are a cancer to humanity by being lost in delusion, and a part of 'THEIR' agenda, than we are certainly of no benefit to our own present life, or our future, or humanity.

Our goal and priority should be to re-attune our spiritual aspects with the frequency and vibration of the All, so that we can apply our mystic skills to the improvement of the human experience as a whole.

Within the occult community this has been known as the 're-enchantment' of the earth. It was the heart and soul of Paganism. Which is exactly why The Elite struggled to kill it. It does not benefit the agenda of their selfishness to have the human population become aware of such truths and power. As the heart of Paganism, and its teachings passed down from The Ancient Ones, was driven into hiding and seclusion, the loss of such positive energy field connections from across the globe resulted in a vibrational poisoning of Mother Earth.

The Earth is diseased and needs to be healed. Our talents and understanding are desperately required. Step forward.

Our humanity, and our planet, are plagued. Its magic has been polluted and corrupted by our own ignorance, as well as the influences of both human and extraterrestrial bloodline and hierarchy. But we have the power to turn that around and re-enchant our mother earth with our spiritual re-attunement and interactions.

Love is our weapon, our sustenance and our advantage. The harmony of mankind and the re-enchantment of our home is our goal.

Our success, and "THEIR' failure, will simply fall into place as we renew, retune and enhance our spiritual realities. It is just a matter of time. Will you add to that time-span, or help to decrease it? Your choice!

Will you bear the burden of physical reincarnation longer than you must just to once again taste the same taste that self gratification always offers? Or will you hurry your ascendance into higher evolution? This is the greatest decision you will ever make; 'in any life'.

You can certainly go again, if you desire. But in so doing you do not add any benefit to The All, nor healing to Mother Earth.

You gratify only your temporary self delusion.

The Earth needs you. We need you.

But if you choose to continue to walk that old dog to death, over and over again, we will gladly smile at you as you pass, and await your imminent arrival. It will happen. It is just the matter of when and Mystery."

I beg the tolerance of the moderators of this community to allow this copy and paste. It is not meant as spam, just recognized as pertinent to beach thread in the same way. I know you had warned me of this being what leads to 'preaching', but I cancel that out by fully disclosing here that this is not for the sake of recruiting into any religion, nor do I seek any followers. There is no agenda here but to share information in the quest for further understanding and harmonic appreciation.
I don't think there is any way to live in this world without "changing creation," i.e., without our minds creating and modifying the reality we are and move in. That's pretty much all we are - just mental creators. Some of us are aware and some of us are unaware that this is what we are doing all the time. We grow in awareness and become aware that we are joined with "others" who are creating with us.

My awareness is such that I am aware much of the time when I am creating, aware of tremendous surges and flows of energy that SEEM TO BE outside of me, aware often of the energy of "others." I am not yet aware of exactly how we are all creating together, especially when it seems that some of us are choosing to go in one direction and others are choosing to go in another.

I believe that those who seem to be "others" are to be respected and I am not to attempt to control them.

There is much more I could say, but it seems wise to bite this subject off in small chunks.

Just one more thing. If we are constantly creating, as I believe we are, then where does the "magic" come in? It seems as if the universe is just all magic, just a creation of mind.
Indeed our will mixes with the will of the rest of the Creator (other selves). Thus we are co-creators until we become all there is once more.

Shin'Ar

(09-20-2012, 11:08 AM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed our will mixes with the will of the rest of the Creator (other selves). Thus we are co-creators until we become all there is once more.

We are already all there is.

But by design we evolve into Mystery that lies ahead.

A Mystery that will never be caught.

We create only the experience of what is made before us to explore.

That Mystery is of our making only because our choices have not all been made, and because we are NOT The Creator of All, catching The Mystery is not one of our choices to make.

You believe that Creation is finished and there is naught left but the unraveling of what has already happened and been chosen.

I think that is wrong.

Creation is Infinite and the Mystery continues as Mystery, not a solved memory.

(09-20-2012, 10:56 AM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is any way to live in this world without "changing creation," i.e., without our minds creating and modifying the reality we are and move in. That's pretty much all we are - just mental creators. Some of us are aware and some of us are unaware that this is what we are doing all the time. We grow in awareness and become aware that we are joined with "others" who are creating with us.

My awareness is such that I am aware much of the time when I am creating, aware of tremendous surges and flows of energy that SEEM TO BE outside of me, aware often of the energy of "others." I am not yet aware of exactly how we are all creating together, especially when it seems that some of us are choosing to go in one direction and others are choosing to go in another.

I believe that those who seem to be "others" are to be respected and I am not to attempt to control them.

There is much more I could say, but it seems wise to bite this subject off in small chunks.

Just one more thing. If we are constantly creating, as I believe we are, then where does the "magic" come in? It seems as if the universe is just all magic, just a creation of mind.

There is a great difference between experiencing creation, enchanting creation, and changing creation.

There are many ways to experience creation without enchanting it. Most in this world now do just that.
(09-20-2012, 12:00 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]...
You believe that Creation is finished and there is naught left but the unraveling of what has already happened and been chosen

I do not believe that at all and, like you, I believe that the mystery is eternal and infinite.

When we become all there is once more, a new octave of experience is then ready to be manifested. For now the next octave is only in potentiation.
(09-19-2012, 12:54 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]However, now that I've mentioned the Tarot, a second question would be why does Ra speak so much about the Tarot and the cards in it. Is it perhaps because Carla and her group are especially interested in this "distortion"?

(09-19-2012, 05:01 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]The significance of the tarot is that it, among other systems such as astrology and the tree of life, is a map of the archetypical mind. The reason Ra talks so much about Tarot, as opposed to the other systems or maps of the archetypical mind, is firstly because they were questioned so much about it, and secondly, when Ra was 3rd density, it was the system they used to study the archetypical mind, which they found quite useful for understanding the mind, body, and spirit.

Somewhere I think read a discussion by Carla about why she, Don, and Jim chose to investigate the tarot when Ra gave them the choice of tarot, astrology, or the Tree of Life. I can't find it on llresearch.org, so maybe I'm just remembering something she said. If I'm remembering right, they had some familiarity with the western magical tradition (Tree of Life) and felt that it would take more time and energy than they had available. I can't remember what she said about astrology, but I think she said that since they had little familiarity with the tarot they felt that it would be a good one to choose because they would be coming to it fresh, basically.

Shin'Ar

(09-20-2012, 01:12 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]
You believe that Creation is finished and there is naught left but the unraveling of what has already happened and been chosen

I do not believe that at all and, like you, I believe that the mystery is eternal and infinite.

When we become all there is once more, a new octave of experience is then ready to be manifested. For now the next octave is only in potentiation.

Then I need you to define exactly what you mean by The All.
(09-20-2012, 01:16 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2012, 12:54 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]However, now that I've mentioned the Tarot, a second question would be why does Ra speak so much about the Tarot and the cards in it. Is it perhaps because Carla and her group are especially interested in this "distortion"?

(09-19-2012, 05:01 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]The significance of the tarot is that it, among other systems such as astrology and the tree of life, is a map of the archetypical mind. The reason Ra talks so much about Tarot, as opposed to the other systems or maps of the archetypical mind, is firstly because they were questioned so much about it, and secondly, when Ra was 3rd density, it was the system they used to study the archetypical mind, which they found quite useful for understanding the mind, body, and spirit.

Somewhere I think read a discussion by Carla about why she, Don, and Jim chose to investigate the tarot when Ra gave them the choice of tarot, astrology, or the Tree of Life. I can't find it on llresearch.org, so maybe I'm just remembering something she said. If I'm remembering right, they had some familiarity with the western magical tradition (Tree of Life) and felt that it would take more time and energy than they had available. I can't remember what she said about astrology, but I think she said that since they had little familiarity with the tarot they felt that it would be a good one to choose because they would be coming to it fresh, basically.

This would have been a wise decision in that there would be no bias to dilute the information they would receive, at least not on their end of the connection.

Shin'Ar

Patrick,

just so my question does not get lost in all the fuss at your end, see above.

I think I managed to pull off some magic today. I convinced my boss, 2 border guards and myself that I had a valid passport, only when I got back home I noticed it expired last week BigSmile

Shin'Ar

(09-20-2012, 05:22 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I think I managed to pull off some magic today. I convinced my boss, 2 border guards and myself that I had a valid passport, only when I got back home I noticed it expired last week BigSmile

Next week you`re gonna have to learn how to vanish at will.
(09-20-2012, 02:37 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2012, 01:12 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]

Then I need you to define exactly what you mean by The All.

That sentence should have read like this instead: "When we ALL (that is to say everyone and everything) becomes all there is once more, a new octave of experience is then ready to be manifested. For now the next octave is only in potentiation."

There are no words and even without words, it would still remain a mystery.

Quote:28.1 Questioner: I may be backtracking a little bit and make a few false starts today because I think we are at possibly the most important part of what we are doing in trying to make it apparent through questioning how everything is one, and how it comes from one intelligent infinity. This is difficult for me to do, so please bear with my errors in questioning.

The concept that I have right now of the process, using both what you have told me and some of Dewey Larson’s material having to do with the physics of the process, I have a concept that intelligent infinity expands outward from all locations everywhere. It expands outward in every direction uniformly like the surface of a balloon or a bubble expanding outward from every point everywhere. It expands outward at what is called unit velocity or the velocity of light. This is Larson’s idea of the progression of what he calls space/time. Is this concept correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This concept is incorrect as is any concept of the one intelligent infinity. This concept is correct in the context of one particular Logos, or Love, or focus of this Creator which has chosen Its, shall we say, natural laws and ways of expressing them mathematically and otherwise.

The one undifferentiated intelligent infinity, unpolarized, full and whole, is the macrocosm of the mystery-clad being. We are messengers of the Law of One. Unity, at this approximation of understanding, cannot be specified by any physics but only be activated or potentiated intelligent infinity due to the catalyst of free will. This may be difficult to accept. However, the understandings we have to share begin and end in mystery.

I'm sorry that I can't explain myself any better.
(09-20-2012, 07:19 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]That sentence should have read like this instead: "When we ALL (that is to say everyone and everything) becomes all there is once more, a new octave of experience is then ready to be manifested. For now the next octave is only in potentiation."

Isn't the Buddha in the next Octave?
(10-11-2012, 09:08 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2012, 07:19 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]That sentence should have read like this instead: "When we ALL (that is to say everyone and everything) becomes all there is once more, a new octave of experience is then ready to be manifested. For now the next octave is only in potentiation."

Possibly and he is certainly not alone there. But still the next octave is only in potentiation, at least from our current perspective.

Yes and no. And the same goes for you. Smile

Ever faced a mirror towards another mirror and watched the reflections seemingly go on forever?

Octaves are a lot like that. They are reflections within reflections within reflections. All there is is consciousness, which we might describe as "Clear Light". Everything that you can perceive is a distortion of that Clear Light. Everything is contained within that light. This is infinity. Everything exists and always has. All times. All places. All spaces. It all exists within this light. It is All Being. But it only appears as an octave of densities in distortion. Any environment of objects which we might perceive is just an infinitely minute cross section through that infinite plenum of everythingness. In the 8th density, there are no densities. There only appear to be densities when you have, by free will, elected to experience distortion again.

It's not even necessary. It's just for fun. BigSmile It is chosen as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought that binds all things.
(10-13-2012, 06:10 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes and no. And the same goes for you. Smile

Ever faced a mirror towards another mirror and watched the reflections seemingly go on forever?

Octaves are a lot like that. They are reflections within reflections within reflections. All there is is consciousness, which we might describe as "Clear Light". Everything that you can perceive is a distortion of that Clear Light. Everything is contained within that light. This is infinity. Everything exists and always has. All times. All places. All spaces. It all exists within this light. It is All Being. But it only appears as an octave of densities in distortion. Any environment of objects which we might perceive is just an infinitely minute cross section through that infinite plenum of everythingness. In the 8th density, there are no densities. There only appear to be densities when you have, by free will, elected to experience distortion again.

It's not even necessary. It's just for fun. BigSmile It is chosen as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought that binds all things.
I like your post. Everything that exists is consciousness, that's how I see it also. As far as light, I'm not sure if it is a distortion created by God/Consciousness as a building block, and if there is some other building block in another dimension or universe. Or it may be, as you intimate, that light is an essential part or aspect of God/Consciousness. Does Ra comment on any of this, do you know?
(10-13-2012, 03:51 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]I like your post. Everything that exists is consciousness, that's how I see it also. As far as light, I'm not sure if it is a distortion created by God/Consciousness as a building block, and if there is some other building block in another dimension or universe. Or it may be, as you intimate, that light is an essential part or aspect of God/Consciousness. Does Ra comment on any of this, do you know?

Quote:54.27 Questioner: Would you please do that?

Ra: The origin of all energy is the action of free will upon love. The nature of all energy is light.

The Clear Light I refer to is not light in the usual sense of the word. It's really just a poetic way of describing consciousness, as consciousness is that essential attribute that "illuminates" existence. The light we are aware of in the physical world is the tangible, materialized reflection of this illuminating property of consciousness.

How would you know existence, if there was no consciousness of it? It may as well not exist, right? Thus, consciousness equals existence. It is Clear Light. Smile

All realities that exist were focused into being. They were illuminated by consciousness.
Most interesting to me was the discussion regarding ritual. In things I've read, some have pointed out that we may make a useful distinction by stating that the occultist uses ritual while the mystic rises by devotion (the path of the arrow). One path works for the intellectual and another for the feeling type--but that we will likely be trained in the path opposite to the one we find most appealing in order to maintain balance in our natures. Love--Wisdom--Power. All roads lead to Rome. BigSmile

Respect to all of you on your respective Paths.

HeartHeartHeart
(09-19-2012, 12:54 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen quite a bit in the Ra material about magic and magical, but I would like a simple explanation of what "magic" means in this context. I am NOT talking about the Tarot card, the Magician.

In simple terminology----
I would say that Ra is simply referencing the ability to manifest.
We all have the ability to create.
Magic exists in our words, thoughts and deeds. Smile

Shin'Ar

(10-14-2012, 12:51 PM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]Most interesting to me was the discussion regarding ritual. In things I've read, some have pointed out that we may make a useful distinction by stating that the occultist uses ritual while the mystic rises by devotion (the path of the arrow). One path works for the intellectual and another for the feeling type--but that we will likely be trained in the path opposite to the one we find most appealing in order to maintain balance in our natures. Love--Wisdom--Power. All roads lead to Rome. BigSmile

Respect to all of you on your respective Paths.

HeartHeartHeart

This is the thinking that establishes the notions that magic is some action that we perform. Making it seem that magic exists only in the state of interaction with human intelligence or emotion.

Magic has nothing to do with training, ritual, intelligence or feeling, just as the very existence of the universe has nothing to do with any training or ritual that we may have acquired.

Magic is simply man's definition of those natural phenomenon which they cannot understand or explain. Very much the same as what many would choose to call miracles.

To such minds magic is the absurd and the unreal.

However, it is not rational for one to attempt to explain this to those who are not yet able to comprehend such things, so I will just direct you all to one very simple example that you can all try and realize despite your degree of understanding.

Many of you have heard of the male/female exercise of trying to lift a chair from behind, which cannot be done by females because of the difference in our physical design.

In that exercise it is not a matter of mind over matter, but rather the sudden realization that nature in often unrelenting with regard to our efforts to manipulate it.

In this exercise which I would now have you experience I hope to reveal to you that very power which exists all around you despite any personal effort to tame it.

First of all you must have a full length mirror or one that reflects at least most of your standing image.

Now stand before it, about six feet away from it, and begin a slow effortless jog remaining in one spot. There is no need to lift the knees high or to attempt to increase heart rate. This is not a physical exercise.

It is vital to allow your mind to become fully at ease with the movement of your body as you focus on the image in the mirror.

Once you have become balanced in your spot you can now begin to take a couple of steps forward, and a few steps backward, moving ahead and back very rhythmically.

Once again try to focus on this movement and become balanced and comfortable with it, all the while never taking your eyes off of the reflection. It should only take a minute or so, depending on one's physical conditioning.

Now without losing focus on your balance and rhythm, you must try to let your body react without your control in such a way that it will react according to its natural environment rather than your own attempt to manage it.

If you can enter into this state, the results will manifest as you now attempt to return to jogging in the same spot, in one position without moving forward or backward.

When done with proper focus and effort you will realize that your body will be magically pulled backward even as you deliberate to move forward to counter the pull.

Once this state has been accomplished you will realize this pull without any doubt as to its reality.

This is the very natural state of the dual nature of your field of consciousness regardless of your physical state of being.

Magic is not our effort to manipulate or control. And it has nothing to do with our even being there at all. It exists despite any awareness or interaction with it.

Magic is not the interaction of the human intellect with the elements via ritual, neither emotional nor intelligent.

Magic is simply the definition we give to a state of being that is realized when and if we become able to experience via our field of consciousness, rather than our physical means of interpreting our environment.

There is much in this existence that goes unrealized by the human intellect for this reason. In using only our brain we experience only what it can interpret. But when we disassociate with that one means on interaction and begin to realize an interaction via our field of consciousness, many other experiences become opened and available to us.

It is in such states that telepathy and telekinesis is achieved.

It is such states that those without understanding of it choose to label it as magic.

This interaction consciousness and nature, regardless of what you choose to call it, requires the focus and concentration of the consciousness in such a way that what is being attempted by the brain as interpretation is countered by the actual field of consciousness so that more than sensory interpretation can be realized.

The brain is often a barrier to realizing such interaction between field and environment.

So try to understand magic as the difference between seeing the world as a blind man experiences it, and how a sighted person experiences it.

That difference has nothing to do with intelligence or ritual.

It has everything to do with focus and intention.

The sighted will walk along relying completely on their brain function to acquire the interpretation of their environment to establish their path.

The blind person, not having that option, must focus intently on awareness rather than sensory input. Yes, they may resort to hearing and touch in lieu of sight, which are still physical senses, but the point is that concentration/focus/intent, despite physicality or intellect, is the difference between experiencing our environment via our field of consciousness rather than our physical senses alone.

It is by opening this doorway to intensity of field experience that magic is revealed to us, and becomes available as energies and opportunities that we would not have realized in the physical state alone.

And this has been the purpose behind ritual. Ritual is simply a means of entering into that state of awareness. And in that state we can become connected to other fields which we may choose to respect and honor with some form of recognition and appreciation. In so doing ritual can also become a matter of engaging in such displays of acknowledgement.
Pages: 1 2 3