Bring4th

Full Version: Why do we have to ask for protection daily?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings sisters and brothers,

I, like so many of us here, frequently experience "psychic greetings", which for me, now only occour in my dreams.

When these "greetings" take their toll on my mental / emotional state, I am reminded that all I have to do is ask for protection before I go to sleep.

But that protection only lasts for one night and if I forget to ask for that protection every night, the protection seems to vanish!

What is a about our Human existence that requires us to ask for protection on a daily basis?

I would appreciate any thoughts you may have.

L & L

Jim

(09-20-2012, 08:38 AM)Jim Kent + Wrote: [ -> ]...
What is a about our Human existence that requires us to ask for protection on a daily basis?

IMHO it is so because of the nature of this catalyst. There is something to learn from this and it looks like it will be better assimilated if we need to consciously attend to it on a daily basis.

Another option is that you are supposed to get the greetings so that you process some of the fears you have repressed. So the opportunity to do so comes daily and you simply postpone it every time you invoke protection. You ask for it to go away and it does, but the catalyst not having been processed comes back.
Some people can energize self powered protection that lasts a day, mine lasts about 3 hours. Aside from that I have another level of shielding now, which are positive identities that aid my purpose. This was very surprising to me when they appeared.

If you deal with this in your sleep you most likely have an entity in your personal field. Look at clearing out your bodies and space.
Greetings Patrick and Pickle,

Many thanks for your input!

I've been meaning to perform the Banishing Ritual of the Lesser Pentogram in my home for years now - perhaps I should get off my arse and actually do it!

L & L

Jim
(09-20-2012, 08:38 AM)Jim Kent + Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings sisters and brothers,

I, like so many of us here, frequently experience "psychic greetings", which for me, now only occour in my dreams.

When these "greetings" take their toll on my mental / emotional state, I am reminded that all I have to do is ask for protection before I go to sleep.

But that protection only lasts for one night and if I forget to ask for that protection every night, the protection seems to vanish!

I would appreciate any thoughts you may have.

The reason why it doesn't last, is because the alignment with the protection has not become a permanent part of your vibration. There are vibrations you offer consciously, and there are vibrations you offer unconsciously. Vibrations that are consistently offered consciously, over a period of time, become habitual unconscious vibrations. An example of this is a belief. A belief is a vibrational offering of thought that has become so consistently offered, that you offer it by default without even really consciously thinking about it.

It's interesting, but even the universe, with all its resources, still cannot usurp your own creative power. Every soul is creating their own reality. And the positive, and negative forces of the universe are limited to interacting with you based on the vibrational inroads you allow, by your complimentary vibrational offering.

The problem with being a human being (even if you are a wanderer, you have still elected for 3rd density DNA connections between mind and body), is that as a 3rd density being, we are not always consciously aware of just what, precisely, our vibrational offering is. Your vibrational offering is a mishmash of thoughts, emotions, beliefs, desires, and intent. Occasionally, we have faith that we are being guided and or protected, and we will experience the reality of that to the degree the purity of our faith is. But, sometimes we waver, and doubts start to creep in. It doesn't take much to get off on a negative tangent. It creates a crack in the door for negative influences.

All influences are invited by our vibration. A sort of "thought war" goes on inside you. On the one hand you are offering vibrations or thoughts that go something like, "I am fully protected by those positive influences that surround me." On the other hand, you might be activating a vibration that goes something like, "But what if they can only protect me for a certain amount of time?" or "I'm not worthy of protection." or "What if negative beings are viciously trying to attack me right now?"

Every subject is a stick that has two sides, the negative side, and the positive side. Your attention determines which side is vibrated or activated. The more these negative thoughts are thought, the stronger they become, and the same goes for positive thoughts. These are the signals the universe, through the law of attraction, is matching. Think a thought long enough, it becomes a belief. A belief is a stronger, more consistent, and more definite, vibrational offering than a regular thought is. Reality is made up of so called "beliefs". All realities were focused into being.

Why is one person "protected" for a day or a night, and another person protected for only a couple of hours? These are questions to ponder. The basic common denominator is one's vibrational offering. Oftentimes, an individual will perform a ritual, and their faith in the efficacy of the ritual causes the ritual to perform its intended effect. Another may perform the same ritual, and their faith is not up to speed with their desire, so the desired effect is not achieved. Often a person will desire protection, but what they say and what they actually think (or place their attention on we might say) are often at odds with each other, so the net result of most individuals is that they sometimes feel protected and sometimes they don't.

The purpose of a positive protection ritual is the gradual tuning of one's vibrational offering to the point where you filter out negative influences for the most part. You could look at positive affirmations as another kind of "banishing ritual". Thought is creative, so we learn to banish those thoughts or thoughtforms not consonant with the Law of One.

It just takes practice, practice, practice! Smile
I found that if i am not in any workings that entities may want to block, my shielding holds at a steady level. My problem is that when my shield is up i am fully unaware of attacks, which seem to have the effect of weakening it. For the most part, i just do not think of it, which lessens it like not watering a plant.
(09-20-2012, 08:38 AM)Jim Kent + Wrote: [ -> ]When these "greetings" take their toll on my mental / emotional state, I am reminded that all I have to do is ask for protection before I go to sleep.

At some point you'll figure out that balance provides its own "protection". People tend to stave off the aspects of themselves which "psychic greetings" are attempting to address. It's *exactly* like ignored catalyst, and something you can easily handle if you give yourself a chance.
On the other hand, each situation and each entity is unique, and each reacts to catalyst in a unique way.

No matter WHY these events happen to you, the net result of consistent calling of protection, of focusing your attention on a working of consciousness, is the development of the faculty of faith, is development of the indigo ray. And as anagogy said, the process will eventually work its way into your conscious balance. The protection will become a part of you.

I also like what zenmaster said about cutting to the heart of the catalyst. Do you already KNOW why it happens, but don't want to look at it? Have you asked why it happens? (To your higher self/guidance system)

This situation could be trying to teach you multiple things.
I would like to know in what manner calling for protection could be a way to develop faith.
I tend to agree with zenmaster here. Ra said that the only thing negative entities can really do is "energize pre-existing distortions." In that sense, I am grateful to have these distortion highlighted, which may have otherwise gone ignored or unnoticed. I offer gratitude to any "psychic attack" and attempt to use it to my advantage. We can choose to interpret catalyst in any fashion we wish, and I don't choose to be a victim of an attack. These are my distortions being highlighted, I take responsibility for them.

I do think that protection rituals used prior to magical workings can be useful and serve a different purpose from just seeking protection during our normal daily activities.
A "distortion" can be dis-ease. The individual that has a positive effect on others can be seen as a thorn in the side of negatives.

And so the simple activity of actively making a difference can have the effect of attempted energizing of pre-existing health conditions, or even as Ra mentioned, dizziness causing the individual to fall in front of a car.

I do find protection important for some. Depending on those pre-existing inactive conditions, some can breeze by these influences, some can't.
(09-22-2012, 11:31 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to know in what manner calling for protection could be a way to develop faith.

Contacting other entities by thought. Focusing one's intent. And then, without having any reliable method of sensing energy events around the self, knowing that you are being protected.
But why would one consciously put such an unnecessary burden on other entities? It would seem to me that such an approach would be the opposite of faithful - i.e. doubt of self?
(09-23-2012, 11:27 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]But why would one consciously put such an unnecessary burden on other entities? It would seem to me that such an approach would be the opposite of faithful - i.e. doubt of self?

Ah! Faith in other self or faith in the self ? My friend, service-to-others also means that you can accept help from all your other selves. Those other selves that wants to help us so much.

Is faith in other selves then doubt of self ? I would say no, because STO is actually Service-to-ALL (others and self).

Only STS would reject help from others and believe they contain all they will ever need. They are not wrong of course. It's just a completely other way of evolving. A path which ultimately is illusory, but isn't all paths within the octave illusory? Smile

On the STO path, you can still evolve while having much more distortions than on the STS path, simply because you can rely on other selves to fill in the gaps of your self.

On the STO path, you do not have to be an adept in order to evolve. On the STS path, you do have to become an adept to evolve.
(09-23-2012, 09:41 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2012, 11:27 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]But why would one consciously put such an unnecessary burden on other entities? It would seem to me that such an approach would be the opposite of faithful - i.e. doubt of self?
Faith in other self or faith in the self ?
As protection is already "built-in", as it were - requiring discipline just as will, it would seem to me that there would be a specific requirement of lack of faith in order to not appreciate that. Do you not see what I mean? The service-to-others bit is not really related.

i.e. "the great pitch of light is held high above such an one so that all interpretation may be seen to be protected by light."
(09-23-2012, 09:41 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Only STS would reject help from others
No one is talking about rejecting anything? I'm going to bow out of this conversation.

(09-23-2012, 09:41 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]On the STO path, you can still evolve while having much more distortions than on the STS path, simply because you can rely on other selves to fill in the gaps of your self.
Had to respond to this notion. Others don't fill in your gaps - that'd be an infringement of free will and diminish ones contribution to creation. "It is impossible to help another being directly. It is only possible to make catalyst available in whatever form, the most important being the radiation of realization of oneness with the Creator from the self, less important being information such as we share with you."

Even in STO, you can't surrogate your evolution. Not asking for help is not a STS act, it's taking some degree of responsibility for your self (we're already borrowing just about everything *except* what we manage to create) when there is a choice in the matter. Offering help is indeed a STO act (whether or not it is wise or acceptable or useful to another). Accepting help is either STS or STO (whether or not it is wise or acceptable or useful).

I'm not necessarily agreeing with the earlier suggestion that asking for protection helps build faith (I haven't thought about that too much, but I do see where that statement is coming from.) However, I don't necessarily see asking for protection from others to be doubting the self. In certain situations, it's possible, but I think when it comes to the universe, there is so much going on that an entity has to break down spiritual evolution into portions. Spiritual evolution is not so much a ladder as a much of a multi-spoked wheel where each spoke is a different area of spiritual pursuit:

For example, Ra talks about the magical personalities, about sacred sexuality, and about healing. There are also so many other things to pursue on the spiritual path, including channeling, internal chakra work, crystals, dreamwork, aura reading, tarot, clairvoyant abilities, as well as more worldly spiritual pursuits as working in a homeless kitchen, being a meditation teacher, etc.

I think asking for protection from others, in a third density life where we often learn faster by focus on particular areas of growth one at a time, is merely a recognition that the mastery of self-protection is itself a deep spiritual field. I believe there was a Ra or Q'uo channeling that spoke about when a negative fifth density individual approached Carla during a Latwii session and impersonated Ra and how it would have been able to imprison Carla in a negative time/space and how very few except master adepts know how to protect against that.

I know myself for example, with my current focus on balancing my own chakras, giving hope to people who have lost it, and focusing on subtely awakening others, I don't have too much time to spend for self-protection other than the basic sage stick and maybe a crystal or two along with some basic aura/chakra meditation reinvigoration techniques. In a certain sense, with my chosen path, it may actually slow down my spiritual evolution, when faced with a strong psychic attack that is not amenable to the above protections, to drop my pursuit of the other spiritual matters and delve deep into psychic defenses or to simply "ride it out". It actually may be faster for my spiritual evolution if I ask for protection and be protected (and in a way build faith, for often we ask without hearing an overt answer) and continue to studying my chosen field of spiritual growth.

By asking for protection in these situations, I am confident in the belief that I am not asking because I lack faith in myself, but I ask because I am confident and have faith in the belief that my spiritual growth is best aided by continuing my current regime of study, and I am confident and have faith that my request for protection will be answered.

I guess after writing that out, I can see how asking for protection builds faith on multiple levels - it shows confidence and faith in your chosen path of spiritual growth, and confidence and faith in aid from other selves.
The chapter on Psychic Greeting in Carla's "Channeling Handbook" is well worth a read, for anyone who might be interested.
(09-24-2012, 02:14 AM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]I guess after writing that out, I can see how asking for protection builds faith on multiple levels...

I can see how asking for protection builds faith on multiple levels too now, and I haven't thought about it like that before; whether it is asking other entities, or One Infinite Creator, or whatever one believes in.

That was a good point, Aaron.

Cyan

The reason one would ask for help is that a more developed entity could benefit more from the act of being offered the service of helping you as opposed to the service of simply observing you try to help yourself.

The universe works, by my view, in a way that what ever you do for what ever purpose you do your "mind" will work it around so that it is the right thing to do, because infinite energy + infinite lots of other things creates situations where you will find an entity that is willing to do anything that you request simply through the virtue of the guidance system.

Just saying out loud "I ask for any spirits willing and able to help to approach me and help me with this task. Thank you!" or some similar is as powerful a protector that i need most of the time. The other being that I invoke the name of the entities that have incarnated to breed me (all familial + planetary evolutionary + spiritual evolutionary lines) and all those that will be altered by me and my familial/planetary/spiritual evolution in a way where they value my contribution, and in the name of that contribution i ask that they simply clear a round shape around me of all entities external and internal, themselves included, for a given time so that i can "catch my breath".

I dont care if the entity is 5%sts or 95% sts if helping me complete a task is part of its way of service. I'm only concerned with the task at hand being such that it, itself, isnt harmful to other selves intentionally.

And besides, who do you think is going to answer a "all points bulletin" asking for general assistance in a infinite cosmos? My bet is some aspect of my future self. IN fact, the best way to evolve, if i were to believe my future self, would be to simply surrender entirely to the concept that all is one and start the next octave because awareness of the all is one and seeing it in action at least once in a way that is beyond the laws of conventional physics would mean that my continued progress could be best served in some form of "cosmic high-school" as opposed to a "neutral boiling pot that we are constantly observing for the harvestable entities"

But, i dont take everything my higher selves say at "face value" because my present self actions can drastically alter my higher/future self.

Reality is that i'm probably doing something terribly terribly wrong and should immediatly correct my actions of asking for help or face the wrath of the uumpah above the clouds.

I feel the act of asking for help is as much an act as working on it yourself.
(09-20-2012, 08:38 AM)Jim Kent + Wrote: [ -> ]What is a about our Human existence that requires us to ask for protection on a daily basis?
It has to do with developmental imbalance. That is lack of awareness of certain aspects of self which have yet to be accepted.

There are also certain practices and attitudes which may increase imbalance - to raise energy to higher centers before lower have been adequately accepted.

"As the entity grows in self-acceptance and awareness of catalyst the location of the comfortable seating of these experiences will rise to the new true-color entity. "

In order to address imbalance (which directly causes one to feel vulnerable, and feel the need to ask for protection), Ra has suggested exercises such as 5:2.

Ra states many times that "Love" is the great protector. Faith is built from the experience of these seatings. Hint: you can't have another seat them for you. You can ask another to do so, and we do this all of the time, both consciously and unconsciously, in this density. But once you accept the responsibility you do not have to 'ask' and if when you do ask, it's much more of a conscious, mutual agreement (and so much more effective at addressing what is needed).
(09-23-2012, 09:51 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2012, 09:41 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]On the STO path, you can still evolve while having much more distortions than on the STS path, simply because you can rely on other selves to fill in the gaps of your self.
Had to respond to this notion. Others don't fill in your gaps - that'd be an infringement of free will and diminish ones contribution to creation. "It is impossible to help another being directly. It is only possible to make catalyst available in whatever form, the most important being the radiation of realization of oneness with the Creator from the self, less important being information such as we share with you."

Even in STO, you can't surrogate your evolution. Not asking for help is not a STS act, it's taking some degree of responsibility for your self (we're already borrowing just about everything *except* what we manage to create) when there is a choice in the matter. Offering help is indeed a STO act (whether or not it is wise or acceptable or useful to another). Accepting help is either STS or STO (whether or not it is wise or acceptable or useful).

It is possible to help another being directly IF they directly ask for this.

Probably just a question of semantics, but here is what I meant.

Quote:72.7 ...We may note that such a configuration of free will, one-pointed in service to others, also has the potential for the alerting of a great mass of light strength. This positive light strength, however, operates also under free will and must be invoked. We could not speak to this and shall not guide you, for the nature of this contact is such that the purity of your free will must, above all things, be preserved. Thus you wend your way through experiences discovering those biases which may be helpful.

"...Others don't fill in your gaps - that'd be an infringement of free will and diminish ones contribution to creation..."

Since there is only One, when we are in veiled 3d, there is much more of our Self in other Selves than within the aware Self that we think we are.
(09-24-2012, 10:38 AM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]"...Others don't fill in your gaps - that'd be an infringement of free will and diminish ones contribution to creation..."

Since there is only One, when we are in veiled 3d, there is much more of our Self in other Selves than within the aware Self that we think we are.
Yes, others may be used as mirrors. But when you realize you are doing that and withdraw projections, you have a choice in the matter. You don't have to. And if you don't ask that's not (of course) "rejecting help" which you claim is a trait of negative polarization.

Cyan

(09-25-2012, 12:03 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2012, 10:38 AM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]"...Others don't fill in your gaps - that'd be an infringement of free will and diminish ones contribution to creation..."

Yes, others may be used as mirrors. But when you realize you are doing that and withdraw projections, you have a choice in the matter. You don't have to. And if you don't ask that's not (of course) "rejecting help" which you claim is a trait of negative polarization.

So, you have this ability to ask for help by having others be a part of yourself and mirror you. And when you realise you do it, you have the ability to choose not to do it. Well. does that not apply to all forms of communication and interaction, when you realise you do somethin gyou have the choice of not doing it. when you realise that you breath, you have the choice of, not breathing?

So. Looping logic. Ofcourse you can say that you dont want to use that ability (form of help) but if that ability (form of help) is turned down without clear instructions as to why it was faulty then your "other selves" have no way of providing you with more tools as they have no understanding why the previous one was faulty and will continue to provide tools (catalyst) at random.

When you admit that "having others echo for me is not a good thing because (insert logic here)" then by your logic it makes sense. But, beyond that, i think turning down help, especially tools that you have used without "major harm in your life" in the past, why turn them down now. It is like this, if you wake up one day and realise you are in the middle of the battle field, do you stand up and try to walk towards the exit hoping no one shoots you. Or, Do you stay down, not shoot anyone, drop your weapons and try to stay hidden and find the first exit and run like the devil. Or somewhere in between.

Rejecting help would be the guy that stands up and wills himself to walk out, the guy that asks for help is the guy who has a soldier next to him go "psst, sneak out from under here, its a long walk but it has flowers"
So Cyan, why do you think that having others echo for you is not a good thing?
(09-25-2012, 12:03 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not sure that I'm claiming that. But I am so confused right now that we never know. Smile One of the goals of 3d is to confuse us and it's certainly working well on me.

Cyan

(09-25-2012, 10:48 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]So Cyan, why do you think that having others echo for you is not a good thing?

Joking answer would be that its difficult to harmonize.

Serious but equally or just as true would be that most people feel offence at others even talking of their divinity and its applications, let alone having you do anything except observe. Getting a succesful echo group going that doesnt require 2 hours of chanting and walking around every day to get the group soul to talk is a unbeliavable hazzle (Getting a group that is easy and loving to stay in a channeled state with more than 1-2 times a week)

So. i suppose this plane/density is not meant for it.

You can always have others echo for you but if you want to echo more than jus tyour own things you need to echo the thought that they are aware of the ability to echo. That generates intense hostility from MANY people. So, by default, i choose not to echo unless explicilty told to do so and then even only if i judge the others to be in actual need and not in need of "i wanna see if its cool". Firstly to guarantee that they cant later say it was against their will to be "echoed" and then to guarantee that it cant be negative (contact can only occur if i decide to allow it to occur and within boundaries that i set because i dont communicate in the spirit if i'm not sure that is ok by default so if i communicate in spirit i by default accept it is ok. For most social situations, not to mention interactions echoing is not a good idea. It leads to a spacecampy type personality that says weird random things. Much like my behavior here in general. Difference being that in social situations i dont do "the echo" unless, well, messing up or sure that it is desired. If in doubt, default to not echoing.

Thats my thought on the matter.

Tl;dr (Too long, didnt read): Echoing, in general, leads to social poverty and lack of emotional depth and an inability to communicate with more shades than just "deeply compressed binary black and white".

I don't ask for protection. I do ask for "aid" in dealing with certain catalysts that might come my way.

To me, protection implies fear. I don't fear psychic greetings...hell, I doubt I'd recognize one other than to note some physical effects to myself and wonder..."What the heck did I do/eat that is making me feel this way?"

(09-26-2012, 03:39 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]To me, protection implies fear.

I put a helmet on when I ride my motorcycle, I guess that implies fear on my part?BigSmile

(09-27-2012, 11:55 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]

I put a helmet on when I ride my motorcycle, I guess that implies fear on my part?BigSmile

Maybe it does, but that does not mean that this fear is unjustified. Smile
(09-27-2012, 11:55 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]

Basically, yes.

Pages: 1 2