Bring4th

Full Version: Halloween's Atlantean Origins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-01-2012, 01:59 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2012, 01:27 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Is October 31st the day before the fall of Atlantis? And if this is so, did they indeed have a costume party and this is the inspiration for the holiday?

You are correct in your presumption that the premise of the holiday known as Halloween correlates to the downfall of the civilization of Atlantis, however while the ceremonial event itself was not bestowed that title at the time, the occasion was both a hallowing and a harrowing one. The imminence of their empire's destruction was well-known and ongoing, thus it had been decided to host one final event with which to both commemorate the longstanding quality of their culture and to provide one final opportunity for the inhabitants to experience enjoyment before their inevitable destruction. In some ways the event conveyed a sense of sardonic allowance of their own demise as the divergence from originally pure intents rested solely upon those who drove Atlantis into the direction of seeming misuse of their conjunction of spiritually advanced information and technological prowess.

The adoption of this holiday in scattered regions of which its celebration is sustained to the present day was a result of the exodus of the survivors of Atlantis' destruction carrying with them the desire to devise a tradition in which to honor and remember their homeland, thus providing also the inspiration for the simultaneous terming of this holiday as "Los Dias De Los Muertos", translated in English as "The Day of the Dead", in Spanish-speaking cultures and their inverted alteration of the purpose of the holiday to honor the dead post-termination rather than the original Atlantean intention of a dreary celebration before their then soon-expected obliteration. However, the scope of the commemoration has grown to encompass all deceased as the knowledge of the specificity of the honoring as being directed towards those of Atlantis has long been forgotten.

I think it would be nice to hold some kind of ceremony, be it happy or solemn or anything in between, in the name of the true origins of these two holidays.

Although I would love to have one great big party with all the members here dressed up in various costumes, we are scattered throughout the planet.

I was thinking we could get together in the chatroom and discuss this event (or any subject, in the spirit of a true party) to commemorate this planet's major lost civilization on October 31st and/or November 1st. I was thinking 6pm Eastern on either day(depending on when most people are available) or maybe leave the timing loose and just stop by the chatroom either of those days at any time you feel like it? Another idea would be to hold a guided meditation at some point, perhaps with the goal of releasing the energies of 'Empire' that grip this planet heavily to this day (which would be appropriate considering Atlantis blew itself up over the energies of Empire).

Also, if you are unable/don't want to attend, it would be nice to keep the true meaning/origins of the holiday in your thoughts if you are celebrating the more mainstream holidays.

I am open to ideas for the logistics of this as I have never attempted to plan anything like this in my entire life. Or you could just ignore me and not worry about it. Blush
I didn't know Halloween was of Atlantean origin, very interesting. I'd love to come hang out in the chatroom for a discussion if I am free one of those nights. Smile
Bump!

I definetly don't have anything formal planned for this, but I will try to hang out in the chatroom tomorrow.
A new Halloween and this is on my mind again. It seems like there is an ineffable 'force' or sense of anticipation I sense starting in late September/early October which reaches a crescendo today.

I would like to acknowledge this 'past' event and invite anyone to celebrate it with the knowledge of it's true origins. I encourage anyone to post their thoughts.
today's my gma's bday. happy bday gma! she died in 07
It's my mums birthday today!

Me - born on the winter solstice.

My grandmother, her name, Rose Stone.

Coincidences?
As per tradition (at this point), this has been on my mind yet another year. However, the odd feeling I get thirty days leading up to this date wasn't as strong this year.

Still, I always wonder if I will see our true history revealed sometime in this lifetime.

At any rate, I honor the dead with my thoughts today.
(10-31-2014, 02:55 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Still, I always wonder if I will see our true history revealed sometime in this lifetime.

Well, who should be doing the revealing then?
Starting around this time of the year, I can 'feel' the anticipation for this event as though it were a building electrical charge.

At a restaurant, I get the impression that many of the same people and a similar culture experienced impending destruction. I always wonder what the details were. What style clothing did they wear? Was there the same little girl with a bow in her hair? Did they drive around some sort of car, and what did they look like? Did people go about their business even though they knew their likely destruction? Did they really dress up in costumes in the final days?

Did I directly experience an incarnation during that time or am I simply tapping into other's incarnations? Or am I simply projecting my own fascination with this Hallowed event?

Will I ever see a history channel style documentary on this or will I go on wondering the rest of my life?
Hmm.
Halloween is my favorite time of year, I would Love to celebrate it with the B4 inhabitants BigSmile

If it is linked to atlantis, it could be how the STO beings choose to accept their destruction, in joy rather than dread.
(09-20-2015, 04:01 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Starting around this time of the year, I can 'feel' the anticipation for this event as though it were a building electrical charge.

At a restaurant, I get the impression that many of the same people and a similar culture experienced impending destruction. I always wonder what the details were. What style clothing did they wear? Was there the same little girl with a bow in her hair? Did they drive around some sort of car, and what did they look like? Did people go about their business even though they knew their likely destruction? Did they really dress up in costumes in the final days?

Did I directly experience an incarnation during that time or am I simply tapping into other's incarnations? Or am I simply projecting my own fascination with this Hallowed event?

Will I ever see a history channel style documentary on this or will I go on wondering the rest of my life?

Both and;
I had a dream about a costume party last night. Vaguely related, I'm sure.