Bring4th

Full Version: The songs of our planet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

here's a link to an mp3 of the recordings http://www.nasa.gov/mp3/687631main_68701...orus_1.mp3

I think the idea of our planet singing is quite a beautiful one, even if we don't have the ears to hear it. To me the recordings sound almost like dolphins or the sounds of a jungle.

I think there are some interesting metaphysical implications to this.
perhaps I should have put this in the science forum, if an admin wants to move it be my guest Angel
(09-29-2012, 01:11 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I think there are some interesting metaphysical implications to this.
What are some of the metaphysical implications?

I'd like to let people come up with their own, but for myself it comes from a perceived connection, on my part, between electromagnetic fields and the activity of the mind and spirit complexes.
(09-29-2012, 02:18 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to let people come up with their own, but for myself it comes from a perceived connection, on my part, between electromagnetic fields and the activity of the mind and spirit complexes.
And what about that is interesting to you?

(09-29-2012, 02:21 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2012, 02:18 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to let people come up with their own, but for myself it comes from a perceived connection, on my part, between electromagnetic fields and the activity of the mind and spirit complexes.
And what about that is interesting to you?

The fact that these fields are being generated by the Earth itself and are creating sound that we can pick up through our radios and that the sound reminds me at least of the sounds that creatures of the Earth themselves make. Also the fact that these 'songs' might be responsible for generating the Van Allen belts and these so called 'deadly electrons' almost makes me think of a protective barrier, sort of like the one that is supposedly keeping this planet under quarantine.

If it is the Earth generating these fields for a reason that would imply intelligence and help to reinforce the notion that the planet itself is a living entity.
This is awesome. Reminds me of the feeling you get when you hear the wind speaking to you through wind chimes.
How would you describe this connection between EM fields and mind/spirit complexes?
(09-29-2012, 02:34 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]How would you describe this connection between EM fields and mind/spirit complexes?

I've long held onto the idea that the mind and spirit can be measured in terms of electricity and magnetism. I have no evidence to support this conclusion, I can offer no specifics. I don't really operate well in the world of hard statistics and certainties. There's a reason I chose this username Tongue the mind forever wanders. I did not want to include my own opinions in the OP because I wanted others to find their own meaning in it. I see I should have left the last line out but for some reason I felt the need to type SOMETHING.
(09-29-2012, 02:47 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2012, 02:34 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]How would you describe this connection between EM fields and mind/spirit complexes?

I've long held onto the idea that the mind and spirit can be measured in terms of electricity and magnetism. I have no evidence to support this conclusion, I can offer no specifics.
Electricity and magnetism as in the first density principles, or their analogs in higher densities?

(09-29-2012, 02:47 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really operate well in the world of hard statistics and certainties.
What about art then?

(09-29-2012, 02:47 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I did not want to include my own opinions in the OP because I wanted others to find their own meaning in it.
Why do you feel that offering your insights would prevent others from finding their own meaning? Because it would lead their thought processes (i.e. through suggestion) or would be distracting?
(09-29-2012, 02:57 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2012, 02:47 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]

I've long held onto the idea that the mind and spirit can be measured in terms of electricity and magnetism. I have no evidence to support this conclusion, I can offer no specifics.
Electricity and magnetism as in the first density principles, or their analogs in higher densities?
I think that electrical signals are physical responses to the operation of the mind in time/space. I also know that magnetism has some effect on the pineal gland's ability to synthesize DMT, which I see as a sort of bridge which connects the body to the soul.

(09-29-2012, 02:47 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really operate well in the world of hard statistics and certainties.
What about art then?
I would say I have a musical mind Smile

(09-29-2012, 02:47 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I did not want to include my own opinions in the OP because I wanted others to find their own meaning in it.
Why do you feel that offering your insights would prevent others from finding their own meaning? Because it would lead their thought processes (i.e. through suggestion) or would be distracting?
I like people to come to their own conclusions independent from my own suggestions. I guess this kind of stems from my occasional lack of confidence in my own reasoning process.
(09-29-2012, 03:07 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I like people to come to their own conclusions independent from my own suggestions.
What I've found is its not at all possible to not share what perceptions you find interesting or compelling. If you do not do this sharing consciously, you will do it unconsciously. Indeed, as part of your general seeking nature you will be constantly "asking" others about it while looking for more signposts.
To me there is tremendous value here in leveraging the unique experience of the individual in consciously determining the qualities of our collective experience, because in that manner we may learn further. Do not dismiss what has become interesting to you, both for the sake of your own and other's evolution. There is always risk to sharing what you know, of course, but that risk may be greatly mitigated in conscious dialog.