Bring4th

Full Version: Becoming ill after performing healing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been attending a local spiritualist camp quite often over the passed month or so and one reading I had, she was fascinated by my healing abilities which is the reason why I chose healthcare as a profession. She said I have the ability to see what's wrong with a person before even knowing which I haven't quite grasped yet.

She recommended I look into reiki along with cranio sacral therapy and see how I like them. The problem that I have and she was dead on with this before even telling her is my ever continuous need for balance between my intellectual and spiritual sides.

I do remember at one point when I was first found the LOO info, I was really seeing everyone as myself in a way tha was amazing. I had to X-ray a woman's knee who could barely bear weight on it. After I got her on the table, I just put my hand on her knee during each position and kept saying to myself that we are all one but never really gave it much thought. After I finished, I helped her off the table ever so gently but as she put a little weight on her knee, she went a little crazy. She kept saying "it doesn't hurt anymore". She start bending both knee and even hopped up and down completely blown away as to how it happened.

My intellectual nature just chalked it up to coincidence until I had this reading some months later. I then attended a crystal healing experience where the healer placed me on a bed with crystals hanging above each chakra while she performed a reiki healing. She too noted my healing abilities along with an incredibly strong power center in my abdomen. I guess she said she couldn't even measure how strong it was as the further her hand went, she could still feel it.

So after that long winded background statement lol, I attended a intro course to cranio sacral therapy yesterday. After watching a few people practice it on each other, the woman next to me asked if I could practice on her to which I said yes but in my mind was more content on observing lol. So I went through the various positions and at the end during the point where I cradled her head to align the spinal canal, I really focused on the fact that we were connected and in fact one.

Not 5 minutes later, I became incredibly ill. I fought it for about 15 minutes until I had to get up and vomit. I could also feel my lower GI tract bubbling so I was in all kinds of trouble lol. Luckily it ended a few minutes later and the woman I had performed the healing on, noted my healing abilities but I had to cut her off as I explained my sickness. She said that sometimes one can absorb another's problems which can make them ill.

I thought it was remarkebly coincidental though my intellectual part wants to chalk it up to the fact that a couple hours prior I ate a large quantity of seafood and especially mussels where I had a bad experience some months back from. I ended up running back and forth to the bathroom all night which was fun but a part of me really wonders if I did have some sort of empathetic response and absorb part of the woman's sickness.

So has anyone had any experience like this during a healing?

Brittany

It's very easy to absorb the illness of others if you're attempting healing work without really knowing what you're doing. I've absorbed my husband's seizures before. His seizures immediately stopped, but then I had all kinds of internal problems. You are likely not grounded enough. Though I noticed some healing potential within myself, I ended up developing my abilities in a different direction, so there isn't too much specific info I can give.

I would simply give this advice: taking the suffering of others into yourself purposefully is not wise service. I know some who would gladly take the ailments of others onto themselves simply to help the other, and who go so far as attempting to breathe in the suffering out of the air, content to be miserable while thinking they are making the world a better place. One specific person I know who does this kind of thing has gotten very, very sick and will likely never see full health again. Moving an imbalance from one person to another does not heal the imbalance, it just creates further imbalance, and it takes away the potential for future service. I'm not saying this is what you're trying to do, but you do seem to have the ability to do such things and I'd hate to see you mess yourself up. Better to find someone who can school you in proper healing techniques, where both parties can experience healing.
Quote: You are likely not grounded enough.
This.

You are bringing others up to your vibration. If you do not consciously keep yourself at your vibration you can be brought to the vibration of the person you work on. So, practice makes perfect.Smile
Healers can get drained of energy and must recharge.

Cyan

(10-09-2012, 02:43 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Healers can get drained of energy and must recharge.

Problem is, it just feels so darn good to be so fully drained you collapse onto the floor like a pair of used clothes and your other selves carry you off to bed and re-inflate you! BigSmile