Bring4th

Full Version: Genetic Roulette movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"When the US government ignored repeated warnings by its own scientists and allowed untested genetically modified (GM) crops into our environment and food supply, it was a gamble of unprecedented proportions. The health of all living things and all future generations were put at risk by an infant technology.

After two decades, physicians and scientists have uncovered a grave trend. The same serious health problems found in lab animals, livestock, and pets that have been fed GM foods are now on the rise in the US population. And when people and animals stop eating genetically modified organisms (GMOs), their health improves.

This seminal documentary provides compelling evidence to help explain the deteriorating health of Americans, especially among children, and offers a recipe for protecting ourselves and our future."
Say zen- I've been getting this notion in my mind over the last few weeks that the whole backstory about the Greys (we are earthlings from the future who lost the ability to procreate) will have emerged out of the timeline where GMO crops took over the earth.

Maybe the cultivation and consumption of GMO crops is what gives them the right to "override" what we think of as free will choices.

Thoughts?
I understand but don't subscribe to that backstory in the least and I think multiple timelines are BS. The only treatment that makes sense for me to consider, as far as a relationship between them and us, is one where there are complimentary aspects to both of our conditions which are being mutually explored. There are too many common allegorical themes.
Was the video taken down? I was looking forward to watching it when I got a chance.
(10-01-2012, 09:32 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Was the video taken down? I was looking forward to watching it when I got a chance.
Copyrighted. Pay $3 here: http://geneticroulettemovie.com/ and watch it for up to 7 days.
Here's a link. I just "donated" the $2.99 they requested. It's totally worth the money, though I will note the irony of restricting access to this documentary about Monsanto for the sake of profiting from intellectual property laws. I know it cost money to make this video, but they could have made the "donation" piece voluntary and asked for it at the end.

... and wow... I've never been a defender of GMOs but this really opened my eyes to a few things. It's much worse than I thought.

zenmaster Wrote:There are too many common allegorical themes.

Which ones are the most striking to you?
Do you have opinions about the Institute for Responsible Technology? Did you find the movie worth it? Was there evidence in there worthy of presenting to a real skeptic?
(10-01-2012, 11:11 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have opinions about the Institute for Responsible Technology? Did you find the movie worth it? Was there evidence in there worthy of presenting to a real skeptic?
Haven't watched the movie yet.

EDIT: Just paid the $2.99 and am watching it now.

(10-01-2012, 10:59 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
zenmaster Wrote:There are too many common allegorical themes.
Which ones are the most striking to you?
Parenthood, stewardship, being thought of as special or chosen, delivering a message, having a mission, emotional connection, examination of self.
(10-01-2012, 11:11 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have opinions about the Institute for Responsible Technology?

It appears well-intentioned to me, however I don't know if I would call it a legitimate "institute".

Quote:Did you find the movie worth it?

Yes.

Quote:Was there evidence in there worthy of presenting to a real skeptic?

If by "real skeptic" you mean a person who withholds judgment on a matter until presented with compelling arguments, then there are some claims which look promising, but would need to be more fully vetted.

I found this on their website: State-of-the-Science on the Health Risks of GM Foods which has 132 references, some of them to actual studies. It is a tricky situation to find studies though, as Monsanto is a big donor to colleges that conduct agricultural research, and those who might be inclined to critically investigate GMOs appear to be disencouraged by their esteemed colleagues and/or lose their jobs.

Plus, because current intellectual property laws allow Monsanto to "own" their seed, it is difficult for research institutions to get a hold of it. How convenient. Dodgy

If by "real skeptic" you actually mean fake skeptics, who are really posers that have already made up their minds and refuse to consider any evidence that contradicts their preconceptions, then no. It probably won't convince them of anything. Wink

(10-01-2012, 11:12 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Parenthood, stewardship, being thought of as special or chosen, delivering a message, having a mission, emotional connection, examination of self.

Interesting. So is there a backstory you have found plausible?

(10-01-2012, 11:27 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]So is there a backstory you have found plausible?
No. 4D has basically nothing to do with 3D as we know it. There is basically no objectively meaningful "story" or "agenda" as we are capable of appreciating in a rational manner.
(10-01-2012, 11:50 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]4D has basically nothing to do with 3D as we know it.

But then are you saying the greys are 4D entities? If so- what qualities would allow us to identify them as such?
(10-01-2012, 11:53 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2012, 11:50 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]4D has basically nothing to do with 3D as we know it.
But then are you saying the greys are 4D entities?
Nothing to do with as far the vast difference in life, sensibilities, and therefore experience itself. Not like the difference between GMO corn and regular corn.
(10-01-2012, 11:53 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]If so- what qualities would allow us to identify them as such?
Well, how do you tell the difference between lower astral larvae, a "demon", a recently deceased individual, a channeled 4D+ entity, a manifestation of the collective unconscious, or the shadow from your personal unconscious. Basically it all has to do with how much of "you" has been made available to consciousness.
(10-02-2012, 12:19 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing to do with as far the vast difference in life, sensibilities, and therefore experience itself. Not like the difference between GMO corn and regular corn.

Multiple timelines aside, GMOs present a real risk to our genetic integrity due to the potential for genes from the food to be transferred back out into gut bacteria. I can see how, within a few generations, some humans could become sterile. Though we don't *know* for sure, it is a big enough question-mark to bring the whole GMO train to a screeching halt.

These scientists which have come forth "debunking" GMO concerns really need to check themselves and their motives IMO.
(10-03-2012, 01:36 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]These scientists which have come forth "debunking" GMO concerns really need to check themselves and their motives IMO.
Some of the GMO concerns probably can be debunked. And the scare mongering is ridiculous.

(10-03-2012, 11:04 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the GMO concerns probably can be debunked.

No doubt. But the piece about transfer of genetic material to gut bacteria is legit. Might not pan out, but IMO the potential risks far outweigh the benefits. Allowing GMOs to push forward before the concerns have been adequately addressed would be reckless.

Quote:And the scare mongering is ridiculous.

Scare mongering is always ridiculous. But it is also merely the flip side of all the poo-pooing of legitimate concerns which occurs. At this point, it is a struggle to even get proper labeling of GMOs, much less banning them.

With all the things that Monsanto has been wrong about before (DDT, Agent Orange, and PCBs are no-brainers. RBGH and aspartame are debatable at best.) why should anybody trust them with this?
(10-04-2012, 12:20 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]why should anybody trust them with this?
Why should anyone trust mob mentality or the afraid mother?

(10-04-2012, 09:01 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2012, 12:20 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]why should anybody trust them with this?
Why should anyone trust mob mentality or the afraid mother?

I'm not suggesting they should. Actually, I indicated that those phenomena are the flip side of the same coin.

Let me rephrase the question. Do you personally think Monsanto should be trusted on GMOs?

Meerie

Maybe this will be of interest to some of you:

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2012/10...ng-cancer/

Pending affirmation by its national health agency, France is expected to call for an official ban on Monsanto’s genetically-modified (GM) corn very soon “at a European level,” according to the French news source RFI. Following the recent release of a University of Caen study that found a link between the “Frankencorn” and the development of severe tumors in rats, French officials have been urging a Europe-wide ban on both the cultivation and import of the GM corn, which was never proven safe in the first place prior to its commercial release.

The study, which was published in the peer-reviewed journal Food and Chemical Toxicology, revealed for the first time that rats fed Monsanto’s NK603 GM corn treated with Roundup (glyphosate) herbicide for longer than 90 days developed deadly tumors at a much higher, and much quicker, rate than rats not exposed to these products. Similar health consequences were observed in rats fed NK603 GM corn without Roundup, as well as in rats exposed to just Roundup, revealing more about the true toxicity of these two highly-pervasive food technologies.

“‘Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GMO food,’ including infertility, immune problems, accelerated aging, faulty insulin regulation, and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system,” says the Institute for Responsible Technology (IRT). “The AAEM (American Academy of Emergency Medicine) asked physicians to advise patients to avoid GM foods.”

And this latest study out of France only affirms what groups like IRT have been warning about for years — that GMOs are not safe, that independent research clearly illustrates their potential health risks, and that no long-term safety studies have ever definitively proven that GMO consumption is safe or beneficial to human health.

“While previous studies have usually lasted only about three months, Seralini’s (French GMO study) lasted two years, the average rat’s lifespan, and the illnesses developed later in the period covered,” says RFI.
(10-04-2012, 10:50 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]...Do you personally think Monsanto should be trusted on GMOs?

That's a joke right? Smile
(10-04-2012, 10:50 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Do you personally think Monsanto should be trusted on GMOs?
I personally don't think they should be part of the food chain.

(10-01-2012, 11:11 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have opinions about the Institute for Responsible Technology? Did you find the movie worth it? Was there evidence in there worthy of presenting to a real skeptic?

Jeffrey Smith and the Institute For Responsible Technology have done more than any other person or organization to expose Monsanto and their diabolical scheme to control the food supply with their attempt to patent genetically altered life forms. Their gmo corn, soy and sugar beets have all been shown to be deleterious to humans and animals. The dangers they pose have yet to be fully realized. The corruption at the highest levels of the US gov't in their dealings with Big Food and Big Ag is proof that they are working together to poison the public and take over the food supply.

Here's just one more article exposing these criminals. And the recent march against Monsanto taking place in cities around the world has been very successful in raising awareness of this practice.

Hungary torches 500 hectares of GM corn to eradicate GMOs from food supply

(NaturalNews) When it comes to protecting the public from GMOs, Hungary knows how to get the job done: set fire to the fields growing GM corn!

Although environmentalists might at first argue about the ramifications of burning so much organic matter right out in the open, the deeper truth is that genetic pollution poses a vastly more serious threat to our world, and burning GM corn is the one sure way to destroy the poisonous genetic code contained in plant tissues. In fact, I hope to see the day when the U.S. courts order the destruction of all GM corn fields across America. And I suspect that if the courts won't rise to the occasion, the People will sooner or later find a way to get it done on their own. Think "Army of the 12 Monkeys" but with a GMO slant.
GMOs have been banned in 27 countries, and GMOs are required to be labeled in at least 50 countries. In America, where Monsanto has deployed an insidious degree of influence over the legislature and courts, GMOs are neither illegal nor required to be labeled. In fact, 71 U.S. Senators recently voted against a measure that would have allowed states to pass their own food labeling laws.

Those Senators are now known as the Monsanto 71. The list includes Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, both senators from agricultural states (Kentucky and Texas) where Monsanto continues to exercise heavy influence over farmers.
By disallowing GMO labeling and promoting the continued commercialization of genetically modified crops (thanks, USDA!), the U.S. government is playing Russian roulette with America's food future. One day, something the scientists didn't anticipate will kick in, and the crimes against nature that have been committed by Monsanto will explode into a genetic apocalypse that threatens the future of life on our planet.

Remember: GMOs aren't merely "pollution" in the classic sense. They are self-replicating pollution that may be impossible to stop. Hence the wisdom of burning GM corn fields to the ground. Fire destroys DNA and breaks down vegetable matter into its elemental constituents: carbon and mineral ash, essentially. Fields that were once dangerous are now harmless. Fire restores sanity by destroying the engineered DNA dreamed up by mad scientists working for arrogant, foolish corporations who think they're smarter than Mother Nature and God.

read more:
http://www.naturalnews.com/040525_Hungar...ields.html
Biotech companies are doing now exactly what tobacco companies did 50 years ago. It will take decades for the truth to come out, and by then it will be far too late.
(05-29-2013, 10:58 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]Biotech companies are doing now exactly what tobacco companies did 50 years ago. It will take decades for the truth to come out, and by then it will be far too late.

Oh, no, you don't. I won't let you pull that pessimistic line with me.... If we don't change the direction of this world within the next five years or so, we've lost everything, and it won't matter anymore if gmo's exist or not. Give up on us if you like, but we'll keep going as long as it takes. We're not giving up without a struggle. The satanists-in-charge are in trouble - they're behind schedule and they're getting desperate - the truth is coming out faster than they like and it's ruining their well-laid plans.

The internet has exposed millions of people to the truth - nothing like this was available 50 years ago. We will succeed - and we need you to join us.