Bring4th

Full Version: Relationship between one's greatest fear and spiritual progression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question: Is there any particular relationship required between an (incarnated) entity and it's greatest (incarnative) fear before a certain level of spiritual progress?

The narrowing of the answers as I see it:

Re: Harvest: Reading over the general Ra material, it seems that all that is required is 51% STO, and no particular relationship is required between an entity and its greatest fear.

Re: Hitting 8D: I figure you'll have to fully integrate and melt your fear with the unconditional love of your green ray center.

-------------

I'm asking because, as others have noted, the speed of catalyst is increasing. I feel I came to this incarnation to explore my greatest fear (issues of self-love/unlovability...which make no rational sense I know!! But I also know I will process this catalyst completely one day). And while I still feel like I am getting better relating to my greatest fear, I feel like it's been the slowest issue to work on for myself. I still feel I relate to my greatest fear through my yellow ray center; that is when I am struggling the most I just force myself through each hour through sheer willpower. I'm making progress on relating to it with an open green ray center, but when push comes to shove and I have a really "bad" day, I have a tendency to try to "conquer" the fear through willpower because the fear hits me hard enough to seemingly shut down my open heart because I'm afraid...I just do what it takes to go to work, put 110% into my work, and come home completely obliterated.

I'm asking this question because (1) I'm curious and (2) I'm trying to decide if (A) I devote all free time to resolving this stubborn problem which has diminished since my spiritual path started, but remains fairly stubborn or if (B) just focus on evolving spiritually generally and live my life with faith, hope, and just day to day, letting to good days and bad days pass over me as I have been. I desire (A) because I feel like if I was able to melt my greatest fear with love asap, I would be able to spread the love much more easily and with greater energy at work and in my personal life, but sometimes I feel (B) is a better way to handle things.

I sometimes feel like this dark night of the soul reoccurs, and I know there are no problems, only situations which require one's loving attention as Q'uo states...ah well. All is well Smile

Brittany

I'm not even going to pretend to know what the "passing grade" for harvest exactly entails. I tend to not see the harvest as having a standard measure which everyone is held up to- an arbitrary equation of behaviors that must be added just so to produce the "correct" result. It seems obvious that graduating into 4th involves careful consideration of the heart chakra- the decision to either commit to opening it as much as possible or the decision to work toward shutting it off completely. This is the core decision, but as to what particular degrees of development are required for acceptable progress to be registered...I personally think that decision is made on an individual basis. It is the entity themselves who decides if the learning has been sufficient enough to enter the next grade. All my personal opinion, of course.

I do, however, think that facing your greatest fear head on is a very important part of progressing as a soul as a whole, regardless of harvests and densities and all that. To face one's fear is to gain freedom from that fear, and when one is truly free the potential for true, unlimited joy becomes active. This is your soul's joy, and attempting to rush it and do a "patch fix" just because of a feeling of an inevitable cutoff date fast approaching...this, in my opinion, is selling yourself short. It's like running through a landmine to get to the grocery store. Sure, you hit that sale they were having on cake mix, but now you're missing a leg. Was the exchange worth it?

I've gone through this a LOT myself...the "ohgodohgodohgod...I don't have enough time! Harvest is right here and I'm not nearly good enough yet! I could be so much better if I just had more time...now I'm not going to make it!" These thoughts have literally kept me up at night, and driven me into many a depression. Then I realized that all that time I spent moping about over my own inadequacies could have been used to serve others and take part in the reason I came here to begin with: sending much-needed love to this planet. I don't have to be perfectly balanced to radiate love- I can do that as I am, even with all my flaws. Sure, I work to better myself, balance myself and increase my understanding a little each day. Progressing to the next level of existence is very high on my wish list. But, even on my bad days, when it feels like no progress was made or I'm even sliding backwards, I can still offer that gift of love to those who need all they can get.

These thoughts helped to relieve some of the pressure I was feeling, and since releasing a lot of those fears my development has actually skyrocketed, because I have freed myself from a circular thought pattern. As long as you're continually worrying about passing or failing, you're missing the true potential of each moment of your existence- the power you have right now.

So I suppose, in the end, my answer would be a little of both. If it feels like there is an issue that needs to be worked on, work on it without attaching that progress to deadlines and future outcomes. Let your progress come with each moment, savoring each step upward instead of gazing longingly at the top of the stairs. Enjoy who you are NOW and use the potential you find within this moment, for that is all you truly have. Then you can be truly satisfied when you notice positive change in your life. At the same time, know what your core values are- what is most important to you in your life, and seek to meet those values unrelentingly in the face of all challenge and opposition. If your highest ideal is Love, then ever seek to give Love and to be Love, regardless of what specific lessons you are working on. If you realize you have gone a moment without love, let that realization double the output of the next moment. When you know what truly matters most to you, then all other desires will be in congruency with the primary desire and you will be able to pursue these desires simultaneously. You really can have your cake and eat it, too.

Again, all my opinion. You're a great guy, Xise, and I can't imagine you not having graduated already. I think a great many seekers will be surprised at how much progress they've made- how worthy they actually are- once the curtain is lifted.
Xise, it sounds like there's one specific fear that you're thinking of. If that's the case, you might try, if you think it safe, imagining the fear happening and yourself living through it. You could try forgiving and accepting your self and any others involved as you're envisioning the fearful situation.

I have found that if I can move mentally into a fear and inhabit it without resistance, then, like Brittany Lynn said, eventually it is released and joy replaces it.
I don't know if it's a fear, but I worry sometimes that anthros may never exist.

Cyan

(10-02-2012, 05:54 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it's a fear, but I worry sometimes that anthros may never exist.

nonsense dear furry.

wait till the spage-age, anthros are the least of your worries, think, umgah or ur-quan if you want to imagine odd. or antrhocthulhu or hive mind umgah wolfpeople.

Nevermind me, i'm just passing through.
PS xise: you ask really interesting questions.

Brittany

If anthros weren't real to begin with (and with millions of inhabited planets I can't imagine them not being real somewhere), they are now. Look at the massive thought form they hold in our species' mind. Invest enough thought into anything and it will manifest.

Avocado

I thought of your post after doing this meditation and realized it might be of use to you. It's adapted for your specific catalyst. You may change the words if necessary.

Say to yourself:

Quote:May I be filled with loving-kindness.

May I be well in body/mind/spirit complex.

May I be free from fear and worry.

May I be peaceful and at ease.

It's a simple practice of self-love. Where ever you want to take it is up to you. You may use your imagination, feel your energy, concentrate or employ any technique or non-technique you'd like. If it doesn't feel like it's "working" that's quite all right. Sometimes I don't feel much, other times it calms me down. The end is the means.

When you recite this, through your intentions, you immediately polarize positive.
(10-01-2012, 10:04 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to decide if (A) I devote all free time to resolving this stubborn problem which has diminished since my spiritual path started, but remains fairly stubborn.
Devote all your free time to resolving the stubborn problem, with honesty.

Xise, without really going in too deep, you seem to have a lot of... emotion around feeling not being 'worthy' of being loved.

First off, devoting all your free time to it, probably not worth it. Diminish returns and whatnot, let alone letting other things fall apart. Going forward from there, obviously working on your own self image is highly important. Perhaps the first thing to work on is loving yourself. Personally after a few years of meaning too and good intentions I started working out. Going to the gym isnt really my thing, though I do go intermittently. But run the mile or two home from work most days im working now, and do like 300 pushups almost everyday at work. Getting results feels good, I forgot how I love being able to get sleep relatively quickly when my body has something to heal.

When I go out with friends, I get dressed up. Like I stand out a lot dressed up (three piece linen suit, everyone else is jeans and tshirt). Little vanities can go a long way. I would go so far as to say that working solely on ones spirituality will hamstring you spiritually. Do things to have fun, do things to help other people, do things to make you a better person. All of these things will make you a more spiritual, and better yet a happier person.

And while I dont know if this reference will register with you, reading some courage wolf memes always is motivating to me.

Chin up, chest out!
(10-01-2012, 10:04 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Is there any particular relationship required between an (incarnated) entity and it's greatest (incarnative) fear before a certain level of spiritual progress?....

-------------

I'm asking because, as others have noted, the speed of catalyst is increasing. I feel I came to this incarnation to explore my greatest fear (issues of self-love/unlovability...which make no rational sense I know!! But I also know I will process this catalyst completely one day).....

Xise, as one who has struggled with a very similar fear for many many years, (probably my whole life, but it only really started to show outside the comfy realm of childhood) I send you my love duder. I KNOW how difficult it is. At this very space/time nexus Wink actually, I am fully immersed in having my ultimate fear cling to my every waking (and sleeping) moment in all it's blinding darkness, silencing roar, and paralyzing 3D manifest glory.... and much to my own surprise, I am still breathing.

Becoming aware of this fear many years ago, was my first experience with the Tower archetype and is was started my spiritual seeking. Since that first lightning strike, I have done much, much work (seemingly constant, honestly) to unknot and move past this fear, but while having made great progress, it persisted until it manifested. I admire your sureity that you will fully process this catalyst one day as I have no doubt that you will. You have a very strong spirit (you must to maintain course on your spiritual path in such a tumultous line of work. Wink ) and your strength won't let you down.

I found some helpful bits in this Q'uo session:
http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0501.aspx Wrote:... We speak always about love. Our message continues to be simple, to the point of confounding the wise. We ask you to open to the love of the infinite Creator; we ask you to become aware of the presence of this love as the center of the life; we ask you that you work towards creating within the self a channel for that infinite love so that this highest truth may be attested to by the solid witness of your being.
Now, could you accomplish this, you would be dwelling within the fourth density at this time. It is expected and appreciated that the nature of learning is the attempt and often the failure to manifest the infinite love of the infinite Creator.

...One cannot maintain a mentality of a spiritual homework beyond a certain point, for the homework is for a test that will not be held within your lifetime. You see, the self seldom has any very accurate notion of its own essential issues, needs and excellences. Rather, the self tends to perceive the self in a fairly distorted pattern because the self is so hidden from the conscious mind, and because the self within the flesh cannot truly see the self within, there is that veil drawn.

...Each self carries a great and terrible burden, that is, the self-perceived difficulties and errors and mischief which the self has seen the self think, speak and do. No other entity who dwells with you will ever be able to share this burden with you, for even if you were able to talk, confessing every sin you could think of, every error you could remember, yet still would the self feel that such was not truly enough to wash clean human frailty. This is an accurate perception. You did not come into this incarnation to get everything right but to be a witness to love and light. You are not going to become right or better or finished but will remain one who seems to sow seeds in the wind.

(10-01-2012, 10:43 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]IIt's like running through a landmine to get to the grocery store. Sure, you hit that sale they were having on cake mix, but now you're missing a leg. Was the exchange worth it?

ROFL!! I adore your sense of humor Lynn!!

(10-02-2012, 05:52 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]... you might try, if you think it safe, imagining the fear happening and yourself living through it. You could try forgiving and accepting your self and any others involved as you're envisioning the fearful situation.

I have found that if I can move mentally into a fear and inhabit it without resistance, then, like Brittany Lynn said, eventually it is released and joy replaces it.

I would note that with a technique such as this that there is a danger of side-stepping one's true intention of dissolving the fear by creating thoughtforms surrounding a situation that has yet to manifest. While I think it is a good practice in general, it seems that if one is unaware of the root cause of the fear, that there is a potential for disillusionment if the fear persists.

I agree with Lynn that while facing one's greatest fear is of the utmost value to your spiritual growth, I do not think that any relationship in particular (i.e. feeling a sense of completion/victory) is required in terms of graduation.
You guys really are all angels in earth-suits. Thank you for all the replies Smile
xise- I've been going through a similar thing myself. There is one particular nagging fear that keeps popping up. I work on it almost every day, and have made significant progress, but it just won't go away.

I think there is an underlying issue here, and it is the notion that the "time lag" between thought and manifestation is collapsing to zero, and there soon come a point when our innermost fears will just sort of manifest themselves outwardly against our desires. I'm not convinced it works quite like this.

There are numerous channeled sources which say we are to eliminate our fears. That it is our fears themselves that keep us "chained" to this reality.

Others, including my read of Ra and Q'uo, say it is not our fear that is holding us back, but our reluctance to acknowledge and accept fear as part and parcel of the human condition.

I tend to go with the latter view, for two reasons. The first is more theoretical in that trying to excise one's fears or somehow remove oneself from their presence is an exclusive approach, while acknowledging and accepting them is inclusive. The second reason is more empirical in that I would have expected some of these fears of mine to have manifested by now, and they have not.

Regarding graduation, I feel even more confident that it is not necessary to overcome one's fears. I think it is necessary only to raise one's "vibration" past a certain threshold. I imagine once the veil is removed, the remaining fears would dissipate fairly effortlessly on their own. After all, fears are fundamentally based on the illusion of separation.
(10-04-2012, 12:51 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]That it is our fears themselves that keep us "chained" to this reality.
Hopes keep us chained here as well. Actually anything that draws us away from the present due to lack of acceptance.

(10-04-2012, 12:51 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding graduation, I feel even more confident that it is not necessary to overcome one's fears. I think it is necessary only to raise one's "vibration" past a certain threshold.
I would agree with this accept fear is also an indicator of the unexplored aspects of self. If these aspects of self can not be explored, they can not be accepted. Blockages and imbalances due to lack of acceptance of self is what prevents vibration from rising.

(10-04-2012, 12:51 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]The second reason is more empirical in that I would have expected some of these fears of mine to have manifested by now, and they have not.

Same with me. But also my intense desires haven't manifested either. They say thoughts become things, but in many cases I haven't seen evidence of this even after years of focusing on things. Perhaps opening up more spiritually will make the impossible possible. Or something along the lines of what Zen said. Perhaps letting go of certain hopes/attachments can allow them to happen.