Bring4th

Full Version: Flu Vaccines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
STUDY: "Randomised controlled trials (RCTs) or quasi-RCTs comparing influenza vaccines with placebo or no intervention in naturally-occurring influenza in healthy individuals aged 16 to 65 years."

CONCLUSIONS: "Influenza vaccines have a modest effect in reducing influenza symptoms and working days lost. There is no evidence that they affect complications, such as pneumonia, or transmission."

BTW, for those who don't know, The Cochrane Collaboration is highly regarded even among "mainstream" medical professionals.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.10...4/abstract
Sterilizations lol.
One of the reasons I posted this was because I saw an article being promoted yesterday on certain "alternative health news" sites that said this study showed NO benefit, whatsoever.

It actually showed a MODEST benefit. Not enough for me to get or recommend flu shots, but that's not the point.

The point is: What is the truth?

Is it fair or right to "fight" disinformation with disinformation? Isn't the "champion" of natural health who misrepresents and lies in order to support their "cause" just as guilty as the "mainstream" medical profession they are railing against?

My coworker for 3 years in the past had the flu shot and ended up with the flu each year. He's since stopped with it, and hasn't had the flu since. I don't recall if I've ever had a flu shot, and I don't believe I've ever had the flu.
I haven't had any colds or flu for 4 winters, which coincided with... Wink

Tenet, I agree with your point that fighting disinfo with disinfo isn't good. There is enough negative out there without adding to it. It just loses credibility.

I see that a lot with politics too. Like recently, a pic floating around of the Obama and Romney with their wives. The pix chosen showed more affection between the Romneys, therefore they have more love therefore he will be a better president. Ugh.
(10-06-2012, 03:54 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I see that a lot with politics too. Like recently, a pic floating around of the Obama and Romney with their wives. The pix chosen showed more affection between the Romneys, therefore they have more love therefore he will be a better president. Ugh.

IMO- this is the only pic that matters!

[Image: ObamneyForPresident_KTAOSite.jpg]