Bring4th

Full Version: French beekeepers in Ribeauville abuzz over blue honey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19840555

"Beekeepers in northeastern France have been alarmed to find their bees producing honey in unnatural shades of green and blue."
Oh how awful! I'm glad they figured out the cause and took measures to stop it.

Cyan

(10-06-2012, 03:24 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19840555

"Beekeepers in northeastern France have been alarmed to find their bees producing honey in unnatural shades of green and blue."

Awww. I would have liked rainbow colored honey straight from the bee's. It would be a rad selling item for *cough*Amsterdam/Netherlands*cough*, short drive from N-France. Oh, the farmers and their jumpiness. Instead of immediately labeling it this or that, why not wait until you can test the honey and see if its actually safe to consume and what the extra thing is. If its something that isnt poisonous to humans or bees, why bother. You just got yourself a regional delicacy. "blue and green honey" BigSmile
oh and you weren't jumpy? why don't you watch the video and see that the extra thing was M&Ms

anyway it's lame. i was hoping it'd be blue flowers.
From yellow to blue/green interesting ey.
ha Ra humor

Cyan

Awww, i thought it was cute and funny that the bees were eating mans produce and because of that their produce was inedible to man.
(10-06-2012, 04:49 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2012, 03:24 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19840555

Awww. I would have liked rainbow colored honey straight from the bee's. It would be a rad selling item for *cough*Amsterdam/Netherlands*cough*, short drive from N-France. Oh, the farmers and their jumpiness. Instead of immediately labeling it this or that, why not wait until you can test the honey and see if its actually safe to consume and what the extra thing is. If its something that isnt poisonous to humans or bees, why bother. You just got yourself a regional delicacy. "blue and green honey" BigSmile
But the beekeepers did already consume it. They just knew they couldn't sell it. I, for one, wouldn't eat artificially colored honey if given a choice.

M&Ms are unhealthy for humans so honey made from them would be too. i just found them on a list of GMO products.
That is incredibly sad to me. I'm planning to start keeping bees in the spring. My biggest concern is that I live in the middle of corn and soybean farming country, and fear that the honey will be filled with GMO pollens. Sigh.

The green one looks tasty. Green is my favorite color though. Smile
I want the black/gray paint looking one

Cyan

(10-15-2012, 03:14 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]I want the black/gray paint looking one

Would look awesome if its "okay" health wise as a multicolored rainbow honey paint like thing that you can use to make multicolored peanutbutter and J sandwich... BigSmile