Bring4th

Full Version: Cryogenics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking today about cryogenics and how strange it would be to be frozen in one era and thawed out 1000 years later a la Fry in Futurama. But then I started wondering about the spiritual implications.

We are all mind/body/spirit complexes, but what happens when you freeze the mind/body? What happens to the spirit? Is it also frozen, unable to experience anything until such time the mind/body is thawed out and revived? Stuck in a permanent, coma-like dream state?

Would it get fed up, leave the mind/body and start a new incarnation in a new mind/body? And what would happen if it did, and then the old mind/body was later thawed out? Would that mind/body then become a 2D, spiritless being?

I think I remember reading somewhere that there are about 100 people cryogenically frozen right now, how do you think they're experiencing the creator right now? It's interesting to think about..
i have thought about that too. i think since time doesn't exist outside movement, it might be possible to be as if no time had passed... or the spirit might leave in which case you would find a dead body popsicle. i would hope it wouldn't be like poor Stallone in Demolition Man.
(10-06-2012, 05:50 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]We are all mind/body/spirit complexes, but what happens when you freeze the mind/body? What happens to the spirit? Is it also frozen, unable to experience anything until such time the mind/body is thawed out and revived? Stuck in a permanent, coma-like dream state?
Good question. A few things come to mind. You're only freezing the local component of mind. Also, it shouldn't be quite coma-like because the brain would tend to be more active in a coma which already we know contributes to dream qualities.

Ra says 3D civilizations can use freezing to survive long-distance space travel:
"Firstly, there are a few third-density entities who have learned how to use craft to travel between star systems while experiencing the limitations you now understand. However, such entities have learned to use hydrogen in a way different from your understanding now. These entities still take quite long durations of time, as you measure it, to move about. However, these entities are able to use hypothermia to slow the physical and mental complex processes in order to withstand the duration of flight. Those such as are from Sirius are of this type."