Bring4th

Full Version: Cloud Atlas trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quite the interesting movie from the trailer. Maybe I'm reaching a little but some of the ideas are very familiar.

I wonder if that's talking about reincarnation.
(10-07-2012, 10:30 AM)Xradfl Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I'm reaching a little but some of the ideas are very familiar.
Which ideas are very familiar to you?
It's based on an excellent novel by David Mitchell, which I recommend readily. Smile

I can tell you that the central themes are reincarnation and the dynamic of predation between what we might consider service to self and service to others in humanity as it plays out across multiple lifetimes. One of my favourite novels.
(10-07-2012, 11:02 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2012, 10:30 AM)Xradfl Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I'm reaching a little but some of the ideas are very familiar.

In regards to everything being connected, past lives, making the same mistakes over and over, etc. all seems familiar to the LOO
(10-07-2012, 11:07 AM)Xradfl Wrote: [ -> ]

In regards to everything being connected, past lives, making the same mistakes over and over, etc. all seems familiar to the LOO
The LOO book? Ra Material? I don't see the specific connection?
How do we know if we're repeating a mistake from a past life?
That's a must see !
That was a really cool trailer, and looks like a really cool movie. I wonder if I'll be blessed with time to read the book before the movie comes out.

(10-07-2012, 11:37 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2012, 11:07 AM)Xradfl Wrote: [ -> ]

The LOO book? Ra Material? I don't see the specific connection?

I personally relate these topics to the Ra material because it was the first material I encountered which made me seriously consider those concepts. I find my self constantly relating spiritual topics back to the Ra material specifically.
(10-07-2012, 07:45 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I personally relate these topics to the Ra material because it was the first material I encountered which made me seriously consider those concepts. I find my self constantly relating spiritual topics back to the Ra material specifically.
OK, I see the Ra Material as not really attempting to express these concepts (allegorically or otherwise), but rather impart information on general principles of evolution. Actually I see none of those themes as being particularly related to any concepts newly introduced in the Ra Material or any contemporary channeling. They are more in line with rather generic Buddhist tradition, although there are other movies which address the same themes in story form (like The Fountain). The book, The Glass Bead Game comes to mind as well.
I think it's the fact that those themes were newly introduced to me (and not generally) that causes the connection. Perhaps it's so for some other people as well.
(10-07-2012, 08:31 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's the fact that those themes were newly introduced to me (and not generally) that causes the connection. Perhaps it's so for some other people as well.
I'm glad then that the messages in the Ra Material were delivered in a relatively balanced manner, because prior conceptualizations of certain themes had not yet been informed for many. But without the richness of centuries of information, from multiple sources, being experienced for consideration it would seem to be an unfortunate constraint, as far as being able to appreciate the concepts (and their genesis) from different angles. There are orders of magnitudes more 'awakened' individuals here now than when these concepts were initially appreciated, but there is certainly a legacy involved where the earlier pioneers basically had none of the tremendous collective social support they do today.
(10-07-2012, 02:03 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]How do we know if we're repeating a mistake from a past life?

Soul searching Brother! It's hard to explain but I believe that I do not have any karma to really play out here on Earth. Other than being the best possible husband and father I can be while spreading as much Love & Light to Mother Earth and all of her Beings.

A couple years ago I realized why I have been such a free spirit this incarnation is b/c I think that possibly the only karma I may be playing out on the grand scale is to make sure We don't blow up Mother Earth again. I really had a feeling nearly a year ago that We have made it! We are graduating and now I am a true Game Master here helping to raise the Planetary Vibration of Mother Earth.

The easiest way to explain it may be that I am simply here to help anyone I can in any way I can. And boy does it get frustrating some times when I try and help and people refuse my help. Most of it is trying to heal others and show them the Light.

One thing I am coming to the conclusion is not everyone is ready to wake up and not everyone is ready to be helped. Some still need to play out some drama in this life to learn whatever lesson they need to learn.

I think the hardest part of it all is knowing so much and being born to be a 'systems buster' and having people not trust you or doubt you. I have tried numerous times to help people understand something but they for whatever reason are not ready to know the truth.

And I cannot wait to see this movie! It has been years since I have been to the theater but this movie may make me have to go.

Just using my intuition here I feel as if anyone who has read the Law of One doesn't have a whole lot of karma to play out in this incarnation. Instead, to raise awareness and shed Light as much as possible.

You know to be a Lighthouse! So that others may seek out our help when needed.
(10-11-2012, 03:34 PM)Daydreamin Wrote: [ -> ]...
One thing I am coming to the conclusion is not everyone is ready to wake up and not everyone is ready to be helped. Some still need to play out some drama in this life to learn whatever lesson they need to learn.

I think the hardest part of it all is knowing so much and being born to be a 'systems buster' and having people not trust you or doubt you. I have tried numerous times to help people understand something but they for whatever reason are not ready to know the truth...

"Service is only possible to the extent it is requested." ~ Ra Wink

(10-11-2012, 03:34 PM)Daydreamin Wrote: [ -> ]And I cannot wait to see this movie! It has been years since I have been to the theater but this movie may make me have to go.

Same here and I just ordered the book. Smile
Good what you say Daydreamin about karma. I don't feel like I have any leftover karma from a previous life. I hadn't actually attributed mistakes with karma, but I guess there is a relation. I've been here to help simply with my vibration. I am happiest when I'm not really doing anything. Of course I'll offer my help when people ask for it. I'll probably see the movie, but I'll pass on the book.
Patrick.....the words "Service is only possible to the extent it is requested." ~ Ra

thanks! I certainly need to remind myself of this from time to time. And Patrick I have wondered all my life why people torture themselves by reading the book and then seeing the movie? Why? B/c it is literally impossible for the movie to meet your standards b/c every person who reads the book will have their own version of in their mind. "If" we could read the books in the same frame of mind as the director of the movie then possibly a movie would live up to the book but otherwise I believe you're just asking to be let down. Smile Just one man's opinion.

Gemini........you know what I'm saying? Throughout life I didn't really know exactly what karma was per say but looking back I did and was always looking it seemed for my purpose/mission while here is to merely 'Be' there for whoever/whatever may need my Love. It's funny b/c I have been told I look 'mean' or intimidating all my life and I have never in my life ever been picked on per say. Nor did I ever 'pick' on anyone myself. But I was certainly the one who would stand up for anyone/anything that needed help. And by helping with our own vibrations Gemini we help with others. It's funny b/c I have lived my whole life awake but half of it was I guess you could say without my 'glasses' on so things were blurred a bit my whole life and then a few years I literally 'feel' as if I died inside and was reborn. I could never explain that 'feeling' that night and how far away from everything and everybody I felt and it lasted for a few days maybe a week of just feeling WEIRD or LOST and realizing that I am a Game Master and it's time to step up my GameSmile I tell you it wasn't fun at all but my oh my how I am on another level these days literally.

And everyday I 'feel' stronger and stronger about the possibility that anyone who is a member here on bring4th is more than likely from a higher dimension and here to assist humanity, Mother Earth, and all her beings 'Graduate'/Ascend.

Listen to the musicians these days...........how many are talking about 'Home' and going 'Home' or that they're already 'Home?'

Listen to guys like B.o.B. and his song 5th Dimension, Just a Sign, and Bombs Away ft. Morgan Freeman yes the actor.

And the older I get the more I realize that there is no such thing as a musician who isn't 'awake.'

Namaste Brothers!

I have zero expectations from movies that are based on books. Obviously the book will always have the best story. Still I am able to appreciate the movie for what it can provide. Smile
(10-12-2012, 02:52 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]I have zero expectations from movies that are based on books. Obviously the book will always have the best story. Still I am able to appreciate the movie for what it can provide. Smile

Good for you! And with that point of view you will enjoy the movie as if looking through someone else's eyes.
(10-16-2012, 03:44 PM)Daydreamin Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2012, 02:52 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]I have zero expectations from movies that are based on books. Obviously the book will always have the best story. Still I am able to appreciate the movie for what it can provide. Smile

Good for you! And with that point of view you will enjoy the movie as if looking through someone else's eyes.

I received the book today. Smile
Started reading the book yesterday, I have not read much, but judging from the trailer it already seems that the movie will be going in little different direction in terms of the storyline. I'll be surprised if they'll be able to catch the vibe of the book.
Nevertheless I'm excited for the movie, for it covers many philosophical values and cinematography looks quite stunning.
Anybody going to watch this movie? It opens tomorrow!
Very good movie
(10-07-2012, 02:03 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]How do we know if we're repeating a mistake from a past life?
I stopped Suffering so much,started loving my life, started taking responsibility for my happiness and decisions.
I want to go see the movie, too bad I'm broke Tongue

I might just reread the book.
I'm going to read the book now!

Funny how the caucasian actors became asian-ish in Neo Soul lol kinda creepy :p

I loved the character Timothy Cavendish (Jim Broadbent was excellent).

Couldn't fully catch Sonmi's speech... she touched upon some profound ideas.