Bring4th

Full Version: We live in a computer simulation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmmm... or does it looks like a computer simulation perhaps by the limited perception we have?

http://io9.com/5950543/physicists-say-th...simulation
There is some evidence to the idea that we live in a holographic universe
FERMI labs is working on an experiment that may lend some more credence to it, google holometer

Computer simulation? Not per se.
(10-16-2012, 04:02 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm... or does it looks like a computer simulation perhaps by the limited perception we have?

http://io9.com/5950543/physicists-say-th...simulation
Here's what they are actually saying, which is quite different than what the media is trying to impress. http://arxiv.org/abs/1210.1847
The media article is trying to say it is technical jargon designed to make the layman not understand what message they are trying to convey?
It's like reading a foreign language! What does this mean?

Actually similar things happen in other fields. The information is watered down for public to understand.
Basically what they are trying to do is build a model of the universe, and do some testing with it using light.
Kind of like using a scale model to see how something works.
Much of it seems to me to try to dazzle the reader with jargon instead of breaking it down to what they actually want to do, and what they hope to achieve.

There are huge holes with their premise and methodologies from what little this article explained. Not having read any of their preliminary work, let alone anything like a white paper, I cant really say.
As far as I can tell, it would be a useful experiment if only to refine our understanding of the characteristics CMB. So this is practical, empirical research. In the Reciprocal System, cosmic rays originate from (1D) time/space by crossing the unit boundary (i.e. from time/space, non-local, "cosmic-sector" stars exploding faster than the speed of light.) which is then locally distributed in a random manner.
The problem with this experiment being of any use is that the nature of generated hologram may have little to do with the nature of our potential hologram.
Additionally stacking holograms could have interference waves, which could skew the data, with little or no way of being able to ferret out the issue.
Seems to me to a good thought experiment. FERMI labs has a better approach IMO.
(10-21-2012, 11:20 PM)Goldenratio Wrote: [ -> ]FERMI labs has a better approach IMO.
Larson didn't think so.
What was their hypothesis in that study? Or hypotheses?
(10-22-2012, 05:24 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]What was their hypothesis in that study? Or hypotheses?
They're using gauge theory applied to the distribution of observed cosmic rays to attempt to detect an underlying structure (of cosmic-ray energy manifestation) and to see if that structure is in any way non-random. If it was say "grid-like", then that is a sign of artificiality (for all manifestation).
Who is Larson?
FERMIs experiment is based on finding the "pixel" level of universe, it assumes that a hologram is based on a digital system, in lieu of an analog system. I think that at out current level of technology and understanding of how things work, we could only really understand what we were finding if we find the pixels, vs some "ray tracing" hologram.
(10-23-2012, 02:58 PM)Goldenratio Wrote: [ -> ]Who is Larson?
Dewey Larson.

(10-23-2012, 02:58 PM)Goldenratio Wrote: [ -> ]FERMIs experiment is based on finding the "pixel" level of universe, it assumes that a hologram is based on a digital system, in lieu of an analog system. I think that at out current level of technology and understanding of how things work, we could only really understand what we were finding if we find the pixels, vs some "ray tracing" hologram.
For some reason I thought you meant the particle accelerator and the work to refine the standard model.
Ahh the tevatron, they do more than that there, like CERN is more than the LHC.
This morning I wanted to travel and started to drift my thoughts. Focusing with eyes closed all I could see in front of me was a greyish wall of repeating pixels. At one point I used will to push "myself" through this wall of pixels and I came out inside of a dirt tunnel moving up a slight grade. There was an intense blast of joyous emotion right then that made my consciousness shoot back into my body. This wasn't astral travel or remote viewing, just a willed movement of my point of reference.
(11-12-2012, 02:22 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]There was an intense blast of joyous emotion right then that made my consciousness shoot back into my body. This wasn't astral travel or remote viewing, just a willed movement of my point of reference.
Why did you leave your body?
Curiousity. I guess that can be confused with seeking. I gained more insight into specifics of my experience. Will post a new thread and see if it brings even more insights.
(11-13-2012, 12:34 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Curiousity. I guess that can be confused with seeking. I gained more insight into specifics of my experience. Will post a new thread and see if it brings even more insights.
I guess the question is why did you need to leave you body to get that information?
You mean why don't I just read about it somewhere? Or do you mean why not just ask higher enitites? Not sure what you are asking.
(11-13-2012, 12:48 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]You mean why don't I just read about it somewhere? Or do you mean why not just ask higher enitites? Not sure what you are asking.
I am asking because my "point of reference" does not change if I were to travel in thought. There is no bodily separation. The concept to address just appears. I'm wondering why the difference.
(11-14-2012, 11:05 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I am asking because my "point of reference" does not change if I were to travel in thought. There is no bodily separation. The concept to address just appears. I'm wondering why the difference.

do you think it is possible to travel anywhere by thought?

if one is able to tap the unconscious, and the unconscious contains all the various strata of deep mind (the planetary, the logoic, the all mind), then one could move by thought to any experience desired.

this would be different to moving by thought and then materialising a body (a 4d, 5d, or 6d) vehicle, which is more the domain of OBE's etc etc.
(11-15-2012, 03:00 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]this would be different to moving by thought and then materialising a body (a 4d, 5d, or 6d) vehicle, which is more the domain of OBE's etc etc.

So far I have not done this. I end up in another body either believing I am dreaming, or confused as to how I got where I am.

Popping up in the tunnel caused a small amount of confusion as to why I had the perspective I did, until I understood that I was looking through another set of eyes yet again.
(11-15-2012, 03:00 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2012, 11:05 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I am asking because my "point of reference" does not change if I were to travel in thought. There is no bodily separation. The concept to address just appears. I'm wondering why the difference.

do you think it is possible to travel anywhere by thought?
Yes.

(11-15-2012, 03:00 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]if one is able to tap the unconscious, and the unconscious contains all the various strata of deep mind (the planetary, the logoic, the all mind), then one could move by thought to any experience desired.
But if it is tapping the unconscious, then that experience would not be very conscious (but rather dreamlike).
(11-15-2012, 03:00 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]do you think it is possible to travel anywhere by thought?

Hi, plenum, the following couple of quotes may be of interest, though it does not pertain to 3D entities in the space/time milieu.

Quote:10.9 Questioner: When graduation occurs at the end of a cycle, and entities are moved from one planet to another, by what means do they go to a new planet?

Ra: I am Ra. In the scheme of the Creator, the first step of the mind/body/spirit/totality/beingness is to place its mind/body/spirit complex distortion in the proper place of love/light. This is done to ensure proper healing of the complex and eventual attunement with the totality/beingness complex. This takes a very variable length of your time/space. After this is accomplished the experience of the cycle is dissolved and filtered until only the distillation of distortions in its pure form remains. At this time, the harvested mind/body/spirit/totality/beingness evaluates the density needs of its beingness and chooses the more appropriate new environment for either a repetition of the cycle or a moving forward into the next cycle. This is the manner of the harvesting, guarded and watched over by many.

10.10 Questioner: When the entity is moved from one planet to the next, is he moved in thought or by a vehicle?

Ra: I am Ra. The mind/body/spirit/totality/beingness is one with the Creator. There is no time/space distortion. Therefore, it is a matter of thinking the proper locus in the infinite array of time/spaces.

Avocado

A simulation is one thing to call it but this idea isnt new. It's called maya in Hinduism, meaning illusion.
Before I knew about reality being an illusion, I always thought of the world as some sort of holodeck.

Cyan

(11-19-2012, 07:31 PM)Avocado Wrote: [ -> ]A simulation is one thing to call it but this idea isnt new. It's called maya in Hinduism, meaning illusion.

I love how science favors hinduism, buddhism, taoism and the likes when you remove the concept of an observer.
(11-19-2012, 07:31 PM)Avocado Wrote: [ -> ]A simulation is one thing to call it but this idea isnt new. It's called maya in Hinduism, meaning illusion.
But that is not the context of the paper.