Bring4th

Full Version: Affirmations/Subconscious-Programming Questions/Theories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've had a little obsession with subconscious thought and belief systems and how they positively or negatively affect the individual.

Firstly I'll list the "rules" I've learned while reading when it comes to the subconscious:

1. Time is now. Past and future aren't understood.
2. Negatives are not understood (not, un-,won't, etc)
3. Emotion/will/desire is the driving power behind the thought/belief
4. Belief is a modifier of #3
5. Intent determines what you get (vague intent/vague success)

I may be forgetting something but that's the jist of it from what I understand.

Now here are some structured affirmations:

1. I deserve whatever I desire

2. I want something because I all-ready deserve it

3-
I have (blank) because I deserve.
I deserve because I want.
I want because I have.
(This would create an infinity loop I think, affect is unknown)

4-
I have (whatever) because I deserve.
I deserve because I want.
I want because I deserve.
(This is a statement that leads into an infinity loop that should empower the first statement)

Any ideas? Suggestions? This is mostly theory of mine. I've pulled some stuff off but my mind has so many unchecked negating beliefs I can't at the moment consciously experiment with it.

If you know how to do any of this stuff referenced reading, past experiences and etc would be appreciated.
I'm bumping this because I still want an answer.
Quote: I have (whatever) because I deserve. I deserve because I want. I want because I deserve. (This is a statement that leads into an infinity loop that should empower the first statement)
Quote: I'm bumping this because I still want an answer.
Rest assured you will get the answer you expect.BigSmile
I have an answer all-ready?

Brittany

Affirm that you deserve the answer, and therefore have it! BigSmile
(10-18-2012, 02:08 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas? Suggestions?
My honest advice is to simply remove the notion of "deserve" and see what remains. In general, remove the vehicles, the agencies, the affirmations. These are barriers.
(10-27-2012, 02:43 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2012, 02:08 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas? Suggestions?
My honest advice is to simply remove the notion of "deserve" and see what remains. In general, remove the vehicles, the agencies, the affirmations. These are barriers.

I would expound upon this and suggest the following example:

"I want because I deserve."

would be changed to

"I want because I am."
(10-18-2012, 02:08 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas? Suggestions? This is mostly theory of mine. I've pulled some stuff off but my mind has so many unchecked negating beliefs I can't at the moment consciously experiment with it.

Interesting topic, Karl. Smile

One thing I would like you to consider is that the subconscious mind is not an alter ego that is separate from you, or necessarily at odds with your conscious thoughts. People often conceptualize it as such, and this is not so, in my opinion. Rather, from my perspective, it is more akin to an amalgamation of processes in consciousness that you have practiced so much and for so long that they stopped requiring the main focus of your conscious attention. They have become automated in a certain sense. You've become very efficient at these processes and, over the course of time, have disassociated your conscious attention from them. This is a natural part of the learning process.

Now, a lot of these automated patterns were not deliberately created. In fact, for most people, very few of them are deliberately created. This is why they often seem at odds with what you consciously want. It often seems as if our thoughts spring out of nowhere, and in some sense, they sort of do. At least to the extent that you don't know where they come from. Your thoughts have a kind of "mental momentum" to them, and the more your consciousness travels a given "highway" of thought (lets call them "thought-ways"), the more efficient, and easier, and natural, it becomes to travel down these thought-ways. And also, the less you travel down a given thought-way, the more difficult it is to think those thoughts. For example, maybe you aren't very good at calculus, because you never practiced it. It would be natural for somebody to have some resistance to learning something they have never done before.

Consciousness creates reality.

Where you place your attention equals where and what manifestation you are "feeding". A thought is simply a focus of consciousness. You might even think of it as a statement about reality. An affirmation is also a statement about reality. A belief is also a statement about reality. A belief is just a thought you keep thinking. Or, in other words, it is a focus you have returned to so many times that you have become very very good at offering it. So much so, that you sort of offer it by default whenever the given subject is broached. You might even say its "unconscious", though there is consciousness involved, just not the variety we commonly accept as our consciousness.

So, in a sense, you are making "affirmations" all the time. You are always thinking thoughts. These thoughts equal your vibrational attraction, or manifestation. Many people are experiencing things they don't want to experience. They are creating their own realities. However, they don't realize it though, so we can't really blame them for it. Very, very, very, few people have complete conscious control of their thoughts. It takes a LOT of practice. And that's even after you understand that thought creates reality.

Have you ever gotten so used to something in your environment that you effectively stopped seeing it? You sort of just filtered it out? Occasionally, you are even looking for this very thing, and it's right in front of your face, but for some reason, you have filtered it out (for many people, its their car keys BigSmile). Well, this is a lot like creating your reality unconsciously by default. You are thinking a lot of thoughts, a lot of affirmations, without even realizing it. You are doing it on auto-pilot. Now, this doesn't mean you can't stop, it just means that you have a certain amount of mental momentum built up. You may experience some "resistance" to thinking the new statements about reality. It's only natural, after all. You have to flow your consciousness in new directions, so to speak.

Also, another thing about affirmations is that the words really don't matter that much. I know, surprising right? If you are saying something like "I am extremely wealthy" but you are thinking "man I'm so broke" then your affirmation is doing you little good. It's all about where your attention, where your thoughts, are directed. That equals your point of attraction. It's all about the vibration -- the reverberating pattern in consciousness that you create by your consistent pattern of focus.

Anything you place your attention on is an activation of vibration, which sets in motion the manifestation process. However, there is a certain "threshold" of focus, or continuity, before the signal becomes strong enough to actually coalesce the desired manifestation. This is a factor of the purity of the signal, which is a factor of the absence or presence of resistance. Resistance is created by a contradictory focus to your desire. For example, you want to be skinny, but you believe you have a slow metabolism. This is an example of resistance, that would slow or even completely negate the desired manifestation. You have to train your vibration towards a focus that supports your desire, rather than negates it.

The fact that any attention equals an activation of a vibration is the reason why people came to the conclusion the subconscious doesn't "like" negative statements. Its not that it doesn't like negative statements, it just that if you say, or think an affirmation/thought that goes like, "I am not poor" you are activating the subject of "poor". That's what your focus is, so you begin to resonate with that vibration. You are emitting a vibration of lack, rather than one of abundance.

To deactivate a vibration, you have to activate a different vibration. Withdraw your attention from it, in other words. Easier said than done. It's like trying not to think of a pink elephant.

Did you think of a pink elephant?

Well stop it Wink.
@Pickle: So expectancy is the most important aspect... makes sense. Is belief/emotion and intent simply components of expectancy? Makes sense

@Zen: Removing the concept of deserving is something I've wanted to do (it's a bullshit fear based concept). So how do I go about doing that? Put another belief on-top of it that states it's bullshit and then redirects my thoughts to a beneficial belief? Or perhaps to a state of thoughtlessness?

@Gentle Reckoning: So instead of placing the "requirement" for my affirmation as a variable I instead justify it with a constant (my own existence being quite well established to my own mind). So I could say something like this:

Have what I want because I am. OR I have (thing/cars/puppies/breakfast) because I am.

Could I also reinforce this with: "I think, therefore I am"? I think then every time I thought I would reaffirm my own existence and therefore empower my having-ness... hmmm.

@Anagogy: Very good reply. So I should restate rule #2 to: Focusing on lack does not manifest abundance. Would it be more useful to use an affirmation to locate the desired vibration, identify it, remember it and then feed it to achieve the outcome? Effectively removing language in the later stages?

Very very compelling description of the sub/un-conscious thought. I'll have to reread it later after I've slept on it.

Heheh I only lasted about a second without visualizing the pink elephant. Then switched to a white elephant... Now I'll be seeing white and pink elephants BigSmile
(10-27-2012, 04:04 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]@Anagogy: Very good reply. So I should restate rule #2 to: Focusing on lack does not manifest abundance.

If you like, i suppose Smile. It would be an accurate statement, from my perspective.

(10-27-2012, 04:04 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be more useful to use an affirmation to locate the desired vibration, identify it, remember it and then feed it to achieve the outcome? Effectively removing language in the later stages?

In my opinion, this is over intellectualizing the process. I find it FAR easier to simply "feel" for the right vibration. Everything you experience is a indicator of what you have going on in your vibrational offering. You are always manifesting, 24/7. Your emotions are also vibrational indicators, or manifestations, as it were. To the degree that your vibration or focus contradicts your desire, you will feel negative emotion. To the degree that your focus supports your desire, you will feel positive emotion. Just follow your bliss, as Joseph Campbell would say. Wink

So, rather than sorting through a ridiculous amount of thoughts (a daunting task indeed), just FEEL for it. Focus, and see it how it feels. Always do this "gut check". Your emotions are one of the most valuable tools you have. They are like your spiritual GPS (galactic positioning system), giving you extremely valuable feedback at all times.

(10-27-2012, 04:04 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Very very compelling description of the sub/un-conscious thought. I'll have to reread it later after I've slept on it.

Heheh I only lasted about a second without visualizing the pink elephant. Then switched to a white elephant... Now I'll be seeing white and pink elephants BigSmile

Nice. Smile
(10-27-2012, 04:04 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]@Zen: Removing the concept of deserving is something I've wanted to do (it's a bullshit fear based concept). So how do I go about doing that?
Have you noticed that you can sort of see two perspectives when considering thought? There is the engaged thinking self and the one, seemingly outside of time, that perceives the thought. Make friends with the one that perceives.
@Anogogy: Hmmm, so I can use the affirmations to guide the intent, then feel for it as well, then I gut check it to see if it resonates positively or negatively, and then isolate it and feel it. Yeah I like to over conceptualize things. I try to use both sides of my brain to do stuff.

@Zen: So their is perception after the filters (belief/habit/conditioning), and perception before. And I should learn to see the perceiving before filters? How do you do this?
(10-27-2012, 04:55 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]I try to use both sides of my brain to do stuff.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, balancing logic and intuition is a very valuable use of your time.
I'll definitely have to try your method in conjunction with my own
(10-27-2012, 04:55 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]@Zen: So their is perception after the filters (belief/habit/conditioning), and perception before. And I should learn to see the perceiving before filters? How do you do this?
There is no technique and there is no "should". The general principle is that you're getting constant feedback wrt what may be balanced - for example ideas and emotional content related to dissatisfaction, discomfort, attachments, fears, hopes, etc. So you may decide to not ignore this feedback and actually see and acknowledge what is there. Once acknowledged you can accept. That is integration of self, because what was accepted was an aspect of yourself.
I'd state my affermations like this:

I have

and I am grateful
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough... doggone it, people like me lol (snl, not mine)
(10-27-2012, 09:22 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]I'd state my affermations like this:

I have

and I am grateful

There is a method of increasing your vibration, that simply entails remembering the feeling of gratitude, then filling your body with it. Finally you increase the intensity.

I used it for a couple months, and it is very, very powerful.
Affirmations are sort of foreign to me... I'd be more interested in checking into myself to understand whether there is congruence in what I am affirming and what I believe about myself, others, and the world.

Saying something doesn't necessarily make it true if there is incongruence deep within.
(10-28-2012, 01:24 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Affirmations are sort of foreign to me..
I think it's some sort of self-hypnotic thing. The idea is to introduce a new pattern which hopefully will allow attention to be brought to the desired concept. Problem is, that those patterns are not primary. Actual acceptance is primary. Since what is not yet accepted is already constantly suggesting itself through our emotional and spiritual content, perhaps the affirmation programming somehow provides more opportunity to eventually take a look at ourselves?
like a feedback system... i could see that
Perhaps that is the simplest, easiest way to look at ourselves, as a feedback system. What we hold within us in terms of beliefs and definitions being the critical layers of self to understand and accept, in order to move forward in progress in the easiest most joyful ways.
I always go for the humble approach:

"Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our tresspasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us"

Tried and true Tongue
the first post made heavy use of the word "deserve"
i know we kinda dismissed it later in the conversation but i was curious whether there can be such a thing as deserve....like in a cause and effect or karma in a positive sense. if i do x and y will i deserve z. nothing you can say or do about it.

Heres some Ra quotes to get the ball rolling.

Quote:...beings are harvested because they can see and enjoy the light/love of the appropriate density. Those who have found this light/love, love/light without benefit of a desire for service nevertheless, by the Law of Free Will, have the right to the use of that light/love for whatever purpose.

Quote:The stair upon which an entity stopped would be either third-density light or fourth-density light. Between the two stairs lies the threshold. To cross that threshold is difficult. There is resistance at the edge, shall we say, of each density. The faculty of faith or will needs to be understood, nourished, and developed in order to have an entity which seeks past the boundary of third density. Those entities which do not do their homework, be they ever so amiable, shall not cross.

Quote:...the entity who penetrates intelligent infinity is basically capable of walking the universe with unfettered tread.

the whole negative path to me is one big old deserve trip. i put in the effort, i opened the gateways to intelligent infinity, i can access the same or higher light than you. i can do as i like.

its kinda like a positive affimation gone wrong and given too much sway to the lower ego. i suppose that would be the danger in affirmations that dont connect with or activate the heart.
@Zen: So the opposite of repression? I'll have to think/feel that out some.
@Rie: I don't use them very often, it's mostly a way I'm attempting to over-ride negative beliefs/habits/programming.
@GentleReckoning: I heard of using love in that way. So you've done it?
@Turtle: That's how I like to view it.
@Spero: I really ought to actually read the LOO. Also in keeping with your statement: That makes sense. I've always viewed our 3D world as stuck between 3 negative beliefs: 1. scarcity, 2. loss/take-away, 3. deserving. To escape the 'cycle' you could so by eliminating 1/2 but retain the 3rd by turning it into a "super deserving" state. Just my theory. Haven't put too much thought into it yet.

Also new idea: In a post by pickle about werniche commands it said it was more effective to use 'You' instead of 'I' so it comes as a command from a seeming outside force. Perhaps visualization could be used as well? If you visualized some well established authority figure (like Batman/Barney/the president/a higher self/a super alien/God) telling you the oppsite of the negating statement perhaps it would be effective in neutralizing it? Or it would just cause one to deactive and the other to "stack on top" leaving more of a mess than before.

Link: (I'll add when I find it)
There is a connection between all this discussion.

The part of self that merely 'perceives' has no sense of measurement or judgment or beliefs like the aspect of self that would believe it deserves something.

That aspect of self which believes it deserves something is the part of self that has built its personality and belief systems, which tries hard to maintain a consistency of personality by attuning to confirming feedback about the self and trying hard to disconfirm feedback that is contrary to belief about self. This part of self is dualistic because it could believe it 'deserves' something, and at the same time, it could believe it does 'not deserve' something. That could create ambivalence and anxiety.

Affirmations might work if you have high self-esteem and more congruency in understanding self.

Self-honesty is important, right? If you have negative beliefs about self, it'll be easier to use tools like EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) to use paradoxes to unhook the mind from these beliefs. Negative beliefs can't be over-rided (lol is that a word?) easily, unless we are attuned to it in our conscious minds.
(10-28-2012, 12:13 PM)spero Wrote: [ -> ]the first post made heavy use of the word "deserve"
i know we kinda dismissed it later in the conversation but i was curious whether there can be such a thing as deserve....
It's like saying the apple deserves to fall from the tree because of the nature of mass and gravity. It's an unnecessary element added to frame a something inherently neutral with some merit-based ideal. The more complexity added the more we provide to wade through, which is yet another distancing from self.
(10-28-2012, 01:32 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2012, 12:13 PM)spero Wrote: [ -> ]the first post made heavy use of the word "deserve"
i know we kinda dismissed it later in the conversation but i was curious whether there can be such a thing as deserve....
It's like saying the apple deserves to fall from the tree because of the nature of mass and gravity. It's an unnecessary element added to frame a something inherently neutral with some merit-based ideal. The more complexity added the more we provide to wade through, which is yet another distancing from self.

I agree, and highly recommend that approach...to let it all be as simple as possible for our minds. I've found that the simpler I allow the truths of my existence to be within my own mind, the easier and more joyful my "coincidences" become...progress/evolution of self can be handled in such an elegantly simple and easy approach, especially when one stops defining further growth of self to be toilsome, and instead be a fun challenge.
(10-28-2012, 01:09 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Self-honesty is important, right? If you have negative beliefs about self, it'll be easier to use tools like EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) to use paradoxes to unhook the mind from these beliefs. Negative beliefs can't be over-rided (lol is that a word?) easily, unless we are attuned to it in our conscious minds.
Have you used EFT succesfully?
(10-28-2012, 03:37 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Have you used EFT succesfully?

Pretty neat tool to use. I have used it with people who have had trauma experiences and they generally found it to be helpful in getting insight about themselves and soothing themselves.

I forgot to add: I've used it myself and it was great.
Pages: 1 2