Bring4th

Full Version: An appreciation of 'Outlier' Don Elkins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In Malcolm Gladwell's book 'Outliers,' he explores some people whose experiences are very different from what most people experience. In Gladwell's opinion, the average person can learn a lot by studying outliers.

Don Elkins's studies certainly revolved around 'outlying' experiences, at or beyond the fringes of most people's experiences and understandings of the universe they lived in.

Gladwell concludes that to be one of the most extraordinary experts in a field usually requires ten thousand hours or more of study. He gives a few examples.

Mozart began music studies very young, but did not create what is considered his first masterpiece until he'd probably had about ten thousand hours of study.

The Beatles had to play a relentless quantity of material at daily shows during their time in Hamburg. When they got their record deal, they had likely been on stage together more than ten thousand hours, and may well have had more work experience than any of their competitors at the time.

Bill Gates got to learn computer programming in high school, long before most kids got access to computers. By the time he dropped out of college to form Microsoft, he likely had ten thousand hours of programming experience, and far more than anyone else in his generation looking to start a company.

I haven't read the whole book yet, so I might miss something, but I think Gladwell doesn't discuss Steve Wozniak. But Woz probably also meets the criteria of ten thousand hours of electronic design experience before designing the Apple computer.

From reading Henry Ford's autobiography, I think that Ford also meets the ten thousand hour criterion with his own engine studies and management experience before his great success.

Now I turn to Secrets of the UFO by Don Elkins and Carla Reuckert. I had not read it until just recently, when I finally gave up my stubborn refusal to pay attention to Carla's suggestion that the Ra books will make more sense if one reads Secrets first. She's right and I wish I had taken them in that order, rather than the reverse.

Think a bit about would best qualify a person to research UFO's. Here is a reported phenomenon that involves aerial craft, esoteric thought, hypnosis, evidence that flees from skeptical debunkers, and discussion of advanced physics concepts.

Now comes the researcher, a pilot, engineering teacher, open-minded philosophical explorer, experienced hypnotist, utterly impartial collector of evidence steadfastly not evaluated yet, familiar with the relevant developments in theoretical physics, equipped to envision multi-dimension concepts and turn them over in his mind. No casting agent in Hollywood or Broadway could have created a more perfect match of player to role.

Think about a man with the self-discipline to collect almost thirty years worth of evidence BEFORE writing a book to explain what it all means. If I had been witness or student of these types of cases, starting at the age Elkins was when he started, I'd probably have tried to get on the Tonight Show with case # 1 and the front page of the New York Times with case # 2, writing my book about what it all meant after case # 3! What astounding long-term open-minded dedication to the collection of data before reaching any conclusions.

Yet Elkins's explanation of what this all means to him comes 15 years after dealing with his first of over 100 hypnotic regression experiments.

Only then, "Since I have observed over 100 people go through this process and have read millions of words of contactee literature, both published and unpublished, I believe that I am now in a position to select the highly correlative material from the masses of communications." And even then, the humility of "I believe that I am now in a position," rather than "pay attention, listen up, I'm the expert around here!"

At the start of the Ra contact, therefore, there may have been no other human being alive who was better equipped to represent humanity in the conversation. And he did so, not as Proclaimer or even Investigator, but merely as a humble Questioner: one who aspires to learn enough in order to be able to learn more, through asking a question that opens the door to a helpful answer.

My user name here is to honor and respect that attitude, and to aspire that some part of the graciousness of learning Don Elkins embodied will be present in my life as well. The user name is to remind me of those positive qualities and to inspire me to live up to that example as much as my life provides opportunities to do so.
Hi Q,
Whenever I see your user name I will remember Elkins, thank you.
In order for anyone to master anything, they must first create the neutral networks in the brain that will easily recognize the complex, so that a more complex understanding can be developed and then assimilated as well. Ten thousand hours makes sense.
In turn, in order for someone to start receiving data from Infinite Intelligence, they must also be prepared to understand this data before it arrives. This is also a very long process, unless one is a wanderer. The greater ones wisdom, the more they will receive, when they ask.
namaste

ayadew

What a nice thought, with your name.
Truly, Elkins was the right man for the job. Smile
Great post, Questioner. Thank you very much for drawing attention to this great seeker. All of us who have been moved by the Ra sessions owe him an immense debt of gratitude.
Wish I had something more to say other than thank you for this post, Questioner.

I am with βαθμιαίος in feeling that we owe this entity an immense debt of gratitude. He was in great pain all of his life but persisted single-mindedly upon his quest for truth. I am happy that the final three or four years of his life elapsed during the Ra Contact. Carla says that he was never so happy as he was when he had the opportunity to ask Ra questions.

Without the Law of One material that he, Carla, and Jim made possible, I would be scraping my knuckles somehwere.
Dear Questioner,

Thank you for this lovely post, for understanding so well what was true about my BC.

If only you could have known him in person! He was endlessly charming and would have many a listener wrapped around his every word - all without pretense, sophistry, or ego of any kind.

Don as you know was a pilot for Eastern airlines. Eastern had one test in particular which tested not the pilot's capacity to remember how to fly the plane but their response to the frustration of not being able to complete an impossibly complex task.

In this case, the test was to play a complicated game of "Simon Says". Each time a certain colored light lit up on the board, there were different buttons to depress in order to turn off the light. The variables and the pace quickened as the test progressed.

Not only was Don the only person in Eastern's history to actually complete this test, but even more telling was his absolute serenity during its taking. He later shared with me that he disengaged his brain and let the instructions move through him. In essence allowing his intuition to come forward in place of his intellect.

This is a great clue to that entity who we know as Don Elkins. Someone known for his outstandingly brilliant intellectual capacity knew when to lay that faculty aside and open up to deeper rivers of information and intelligence.

Thank you each who appreciates the life and the service of Don Elkins. Not a day goes by that he is not roaming through the secret corridors of my heart.

wol
I believe I have neglected giving Don thanks because he is not in this incarnate state. Because I now know he intently and with great joy reads the words in these forums, I wish to offer my humble and most sincere thanks to you Don. Your work has helped very many of this plane and the Mother in a significant way. Your work also helped and continues to help me. I look forward to meeting you on the other side Smile

Thank you.
I posted this in another thread, too, but the tape that L/L sells or used to sell of Don's lecture on the spiritual significance of UFOs is great fun to listen to. http://www.llresearch.org/publications/p...cance.aspx
I just registered to say that I knew Don and agree with the observations shared here. He was equally superior and humble and never assumed that what someone else knew was to be challenged or dismissed.

He said that to investigate the kinds of phenomena that he researched, "you have to be completely gullible; only afterward should you analyze what information you got and examine it for validity."

Don wasn't perfect. After all he was living as we all do, in the third density. He had dark moods that colored his ability to participate in life with others, though he never let it be part of his outward personality. He didn't gripe or act ugly, ever, in front of me. He would sometimes say things that revealed discouragement, and Carla might just say, "Don, ixnay." That was enough. He stayed quiet after that or left the room.

I lived away from town when the Ra material came through. When I was visiting relatives and stopped in he would, with enthusiasm, relate some of the newest material that they received. I really wanted to be there when the sessions went on, but they politely discouraged that. When they published Volume 1, I devoured it in a couple of days. I picked it up again a week or so later and read it again, getting new insights. Reading all of the Material was/is a lot of fun.

Don was complicated and frequently discouraged. The Ra Material touched his passion for the truth and kept him going. I always will be grateful for having been a very small part of his life.
I too would like to offer my gratitude. What a wonderful service he provided as Questioner with Ra.

Many thanks, Don.
The message was too short so I have to explain my response,
i only have one word for the message, the responses, the people involved with the message and the responses, and the vibe I feel from it all as a whole.
Wow!
Welcome to the forum kycahi Smile It is a great pleasure to have you here, and I welcome your input, experience, knowledge, and heart Smile

Also, thanks for the brief glimpse of your view of Don Smile
While reading the Ra Material, I often pause in gratitude for this great service performed by all involved. Time and again, I've exclaimed: "Well, I'm glad someone thought to ask THAT!" Smile Yes, I am full of respect and appreciation for the man who knew WHAT and HOW to ask the questions. The following comments from Ra seem appropriate:
Quote:We may say once again two notes: Firstly, we searched long to find an appropriate channel or instrument and an appropriate support group. If this opportunity is ended we shall be grateful for that which has been done, but the possibility/probability vortices indicating the location of this configuration again are slight. Secondly, we thank you for we know what you sacrifice in order to do that which you as a group wish to do.
A wonderful post Questioner, one that has given me the insight as to give thanks to Don for is years of efforts. In the excitement of discovering (and devouring the Ra Material), it's easy to lose sight of that.

Thank you Don. Namasté.
odd. i think i had a post in this thread, but i cant see it.
(05-28-2010, 09:04 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]odd. i think i had a post in this thread, but i cant see it.

Hi Unity! Welcome to Bring4th! Please check your private message box.
Hi, kyachi!

(04-25-2010, 06:18 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]I just registered to say that I knew Don and agree with the observations shared here. He was equally superior and humble and never assumed that what someone else knew was to be challenged or dismissed.

Thanks for joining the conversation, and for offering your unique perspective. I have also witnessed some negative fallout from channeling, as I discuss here in 1984.04.15 First Hatonn Contact After Ra. I would be interested in knowing what kind of angle your experiences may bear on the ideas offered there.

Quote:He would sometimes say things that revealed discouragement, and Carla might just say, "Don, ixnay." That was enough. He stayed quiet after that or left the room.

I wonder if it was this sort of resistance to negativity on Carla's part that may have acted as a catalyst toward Don's seemingly downward spiral. Some very great wisdom for us to discern there, and I thank Don for his contribution to my spiritual growth and understanding, as well as Carla.
(07-16-2011, 02:39 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, kyachi!

(04-25-2010, 06:18 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]I just registered to say that I knew Don and agree with the observations shared here. He was equally superior and humble and never assumed that what someone else knew was to be challenged or dismissed.

Thanks for joining the conversation, and for offering your unique perspective. I have also witnessed some negative fallout from channeling, as I discuss here in 1984.04.15 First Hatonn Contact After Ra. I would be interested in knowing what kind of angle your experiences may bear on the ideas offered there.

Quote:He would sometimes say things that revealed discouragement, and Carla might just say, "Don, ixnay." That was enough. He stayed quiet after that or left the room.

I wonder if it was this sort of resistance to negativity on Carla's part that may have acted as a catalyst toward Don's seemingly downward spiral. Some very great wisdom for us to discern there, and I thank Don for his contribution to my spiritual growth and understanding, as well as Carla.
Hi, TN. I read that thread but didn't contribute to it just because I didn't have anything that would contribute to it except more words. Wink

Back in my college days, I often attended weekly meditation meetings at friends, Hal and Jo. Hal was the one who first introduced Don to that particular kind of channeling. They had lived in Michigan until the car company where Hal worked opened a plant in Louisville. Anyway, at about one in eight or ten of those weekly meetings Don would show up. He sometimes channeled but often just sat in (as I did).

One week, Hal turned down the lights and we settled in to meditate and nobody gave a greeting from any entity. After long enough, Don said something like, "I don't take this very seriously, but I'm going to let it through." He then voiced an entity that called itself Lobsang Rampa. Several times, the entity said, "I assure the instrument that I really am Lobsang Rampa." The session lasted maybe five minutes, and nothing of much importance came through, near as I recall. After that, we waited for another entity, usually Hatonn in those days, and then Hal turned up the lights.

We discussed the Rampa message and, the ones who had read Rampa and who had been to lots of these sessions concluded that Don channeled some bogus source. Don thought so too. He had Rampa on his mind because recently he had read one of his books. They are fun reading, by the way.

I told this story to say that Carla and Don were always aware that sometimes the sessions were not of much value. An important reason for this was simply that the source never spoke over the head of any attendee, and often we had newbies there. My friend Bill, who had a co-op job where Hal worked and learned about the meetings from him, jokingly made up this session: "Greetings my friends, in the name of the One Infinite Creator, I am Hatonn. [pause] Two...four...six...eight, you must learn to meditate. [pause] We leave you now until next time. Adonai vasu baragus."

The sessions that anyone channeled, including Carla and Jim, were variable. Jim dutifully transcribed each one without comment, but they certainly knew that some were better than others.

While Carla truly and proudly identifies herself as Christian, I always have felt that she holds great value in and respect for the Ra and Hatonn and other information. Certainly she did not filter the Ra material because she wasn't even present and only learned what came through later. She also knows that there is "Christian" and there is "Christian." She loves the gospels and the quotes from JC, but knows that all other is subject to human distortion.

Don had depressive disorder long before the Ra contact. Sometimes it was bad and other times it wasn't visible. He had a terrific sense of humor and usually was good company. After moving to California, I would call them up on a Saturday to chat. Usually Carla answered and we exchanged anecdotes for awhile, but sometimes Don answered. I would say my name and he usually said that Carla would be back in awhile. Then I would say okay, what's been happening with you? Half the time, he would be curt so I would thank him and end the call, and the other half he might get excited to tell about meeting with Charlie Hixson or talk about some new close encounter he investigated.

The last time he answered, he said Carla would be back in awhile and I asked about him. He just said Carla would be back in awhile. I asked a second time what he's been up to and he repeated that Carla would be back in awhile. He absolutely said nothing about himself, and didn't show any personality at all. I felt a strong pull of empathy but couldn't think of anything to say except "Well, okay then, good-bye Don." I still wonder if I had called during the standoff when he was the only person in the house while Carla and Jim were outside with the police trying to talk him out of doing what he did.

I learned about his taking his life days after it happened. My parents knew his and Carla's names and sent a clipping from the newspaper. My next communication was a letter to Carla. Her letter back was more detail of what went on that fateful day.

So in conclusion, I dunno whether the STS entity is fully to blame. It may have caught Don when he already was in a deep dark mood. It took Carla years to recover, at least to the point she is now. Heart
kyachi Wrote:Hi, TN. I read that thread but didn't contribute to it just because I didn't have anything that would contribute to it except more words. Wink

This is all extremely interesting to me, as well as personally relevant.

I just found this on a Google search for don elkins suicide:

David Wilcock Wrote:Any researcher trying to draw comparisons between my life and those of the Law of One team, be advised... I was the first person to live in Don Elkins' room after he committed suicide, nearly 20 years later. I pick up ALL the energies off of the areas I sleep in whether I want to or not. I slept on the "Ra Bed" that the original Law of One readings were done off of for the first month I was there. All the frozen suicide thoughtforms in Don's room greeted me very strongly - the second or third night I slept in there I had a terrifying dream where gov. spooks shot my head off and I was in my astral body, trying to move my arms to feel if I still had a head. I didn't even take Don's original decorations off the wall and repaint to claim the room as my own until a month into the process.

I know it might be walking the line a bit to speculate on the details of DW's life... but the information in this link is public. Is there anything you feel moved to add or share on this? (The whole post not just the clip.)

This is really strange because I am just now becoming aware of this whole "STS entity causing one to step out in front of a car" to be a huge source of angst in my own life since my introduction to the Ra Material, through David Wilcock's old Ascension2000.com site circa 1994. This has really stuck with me over the years, and has had a rather depolarizing influence. Sometimes I feel like I need to be hypervigilant, especially for loved ones who might not be paying attention to, or even acknowledge the existence of, such an influence. In many ways, I wonder if this was the original crack that opened me up to certain negative experiences later on through the years....

..and now this! Wild! I have never come across this before!

Brain Stalin Wrote:David Wilcock believes he is the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce, but the Akashic Records tell a very different story.

We are told that Wilcock's own guides confirm his beliefs.

Why must we believe that invisible entities without physical bodies possess higher knowledge and wisdom than us?

Where is the logic or wisdom in that?

Can we admit that our egos might distort psychic information?

It is very easy to get psychic impressions and communicate with invisible entities. The error is taking anything on faith without THOROUGH investigation.

Rasputin

When we consult the Akashic Records directly without the hindrance and interference from guides, Ascended masters, angels or ETs, we see clearly that David Wilcock is actually the reincarnation of Grigori Rasputin.

:exclamation: Especially in consideration that I just previously shared that I once "fired" my spirit guides... talking about Hatonn passing off a return of the gods as ETs... warning about corrupting the channel... showing wise discernment in channeled contacts, specifically not trusting an entity simply because it doesn't have a physical body...harping on session one and when Ra was told not to elaborate on the Law of One, but instead to speak of the coming earth changes... repeated concerns about blindly trusting in the words of a spiritual guru... some "coincidence" eh?

Any truth to this next statement, according to your knowledge?

Brian Stalin Wrote:According to the fragments omitted from first four books, in the first session, Ra tried to communicate through other people, who claimed Ra was communicating through them. David Wilcock, who believes he is the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce, is the only known purported medium claiming to have channeled Ra entities. Contrary to Rueckert, he claims he does not need to go into any trance for channelling Ra.

kyachi Wrote:Back in my college days, I often attended weekly meditation meetings at friends, Hal and Jo. Hal was the one who first introduced Don to that particular kind of channeling. They had lived in Michigan until the car company where Hal worked opened a plant in Louisville. Anyway, at about one in eight or ten of those weekly meetings Don would show up. He sometimes channeled but often just sat in (as I did).

In what part of Michigan did Hal and Jo live, if you don't mind me asking. Any other information you can offer on these two individuals, and their relationship with Don?

Quote:One week, Hal turned down the lights and we settled in to meditate and nobody gave a greeting from any entity. After long enough, Don said something like, "I don't take this very seriously, but I'm going to let it through." He then voiced an entity that called itself Lobsang Rampa. Several times, the entity said, "I assure the instrument that I really am Lobsang Rampa." The session lasted maybe five minutes, and nothing of much importance came through, near as I recall. After that, we waited for another entity, usually Hatonn in those days, and then Hal turned up the lights.

Lobsang Rampa. That name seems to be reverberating in my mind. I will have to follow that one up. Thanks for the link.

Quote:I told this story to say that Carla and Don were always aware that sometimes the sessions were not of much value. An important reason for this was simply that the source never spoke over the head of any attendee, and often we had newbies there. My friend Bill, who had a co-op job where Hal worked and learned about the meetings from him, jokingly made up this session: "Greetings my friends, in the name of the One Infinite Creator, I am Hatonn. [pause] Two...four...six...eight, you must learn to meditate. [pause] We leave you now until next time. Adonai vasu baragus."

Yeah, that is too funny! A lot of times I feel the same way about channeled material.

Quote:While Carla truly and proudly identifies herself as Christian, I always have felt that she holds great value in and respect for the Ra and Hatonn and other information. Certainly she did not filter the Ra material because she wasn't even present and only learned what came through later. She also knows that there is "Christian" and there is "Christian." She loves the gospels and the quotes from JC, but knows that all other is subject to human distortion.

Wasn't the Prayer of St. Francis recited before the Ra contact, and wasn't the Bible also always present. I would consider both of those to be a very strong Christian-biased filter for the communication to pass through.

Quote:Don had depressive disorder long before the Ra contact. Sometimes it was bad and other times it wasn't visible. He had a terrific sense of humor and usually was good company. After moving to California, I would call them up on a Saturday to chat. Usually Carla answered and we exchanged anecdotes for awhile, but sometimes Don answered. I would say my name and he usually said that Carla would be back in awhile. Then I would say okay, what's been happening with you? Half the time, he would be curt so I would thank him and end the call, and the other half he might get excited to tell about meeting with Charlie Hixson or talk about some new close encounter he investigated.

Charlie Hixson. I will track him down as well. Yes, it kind of sounds like Don may have had some sort of bipolar disorder, and the Ra contact may have added some schizophrenic features on top of it. I believe that some cases of schizophrenia are a result of what happens when revelations are made to a mind that is not sufficiently prepared. I have observed LSD to have particularly negative aftereffects in others. Perhaps it has something to to with it being lab created? Would you feel moved to share if Don had any experiences with mind-altering substances?

Quote:The last time he answered, he said Carla would be back in awhile and I asked about him. He just said Carla would be back in awhile. I asked a second time what he's been up to and he repeated that Carla would be back in awhile. He absolutely said nothing about himself, and didn't show any personality at all. I felt a strong pull of empathy but couldn't think of anything to say except "Well, okay then, good-bye Don." I still wonder if I had called during the standoff when he was the only person in the house while Carla and Jim were outside with the police trying to talk him out of doing what he did.

Yes, I can identify with that feeling. When somebody is so close to that kind of traumatic event, it is inevitable that they will come to consider if things would have happened differently, had they taken action. Or not taken action, as the case may be. For me, all I can do is remind myself that the other person has orders of magnitude more influence in their own experience [particularly the death experience] than me. That kind of helps to keep me sane, and my ego in check.

Quote:I learned about his taking his life days after it happened. My parents knew his and Carla's names and sent a clipping from the newspaper. My next communication was a letter to Carla. Her letter back was more detail of what went on that fateful day.

Would you care to share any more of those details?

Quote:So in conclusion, I dunno whether the STS entity is fully to blame. It may have caught Don when he already was in a deep dark mood. It took Carla years to recover, at least to the point she is now. Heart

Yes, it is difficult to say. Years ago I had a very close friend who was somewhat psychologically unstable similar to how you described Don. I shared the Law of One with him when I was still fresh to the material, and had not yet investigated into more of the enigmatic subtleties of Session One. I had kind of hoped it would help him find some more spiritual direction in his life, but the move seems to have backfired. I suppose I was a little overzealous in my desire to share, and somewhat entered into a guru/disciple relationship, which I now somewhat regret.

And so I am sure I passed along a lot of the confusion with respect to earth changes, 2012, the characteristics of 4D experience, and the whole bit.

Some years later, my friend succumbed to a negative contact after a prolonged binge on crystal meth. I recall that I kept hoping he would snap out of it, but the episode just persisted.

He had fabricated in his mind this whole conspiracy theory about how I was spearheading an intervention with all of our mutual friends to have him committed to a mental institution. :exclamation:

I ended up having to evict him out of my home, and calling in his family to pick him up and take him back to Michigan. Over the years, he has tracked down my various emails and phone numbers and made contact. Yet he still seems under some sort of negative influence. To the point where he doesn't seem to remember all the previous times he contacted me, and a few times he would suddenly start speaking in a demonic voice.

Once he was telling me about how he was working at McDonald's, working the frier, and how one day he hoped he could "push the button" for all 8 billion people. Gave me the heebie-jeebies!

Significant periods of time go by and I don't hear anything at all. Last I heard from him was when I added his brother as a Facebook friend and he started sending me strange emails under a pseudonym. The best I could come up with was to offer concern for his health, and told him that if he persisted in the contact, I would get in touch with his family again, and let them know what was going on.

I also sent him a copy of a very good article called Dislodging Entity Attachments and something else that I seem to not be able to remember at the moment.

At any rate, I have not since heard from him. In my heart and mind, I wonder if any true kind of reconciliation would be possible. And frankly, I am afraid that reconnecting will open me up to a negative contact again. I forgot to mention after he left my condo, I had some severe problems going on with negative energies for a while.

I know that deep down he is in pain, and that he has contemplated suicide. Only I don't know what more service I could possibly render. I seem to have made the problem much worse due to my loving folly all those years ago...

The Saint Francis prayer is beautiful and elegant in its simplicity. I am a fan of it. The Bible I think is a symbol of holy scripture to Carla, rather than a book to follow literally as some goofballs do. I don't see either as a filter, but don't mind if you do.

Over the years, lots of sources of information, including Edgar Cayce, talked about coming earth changes. When Don asked Ra, he probably thought he would hear some updates on that information but, instead, Ra said "That's trivial and unimportant." As I remember reading it, that was the end of the topic with Don.

I haven't talked with David Wilcock nor read anything he wrote, so am not qualified to discuss his information. I didn't think of stepping into Don's room after he left; that might have been real interesting, though.

I have never felt the urge to fear something because of the Ra material. Maybe I'm just lucky that way. Fear, anger and resentment are emotions to avoid, IMHO. They lead to illness. In my youth, I had plenty of the last one.
NOTE: Major edit above.

(07-16-2011, 08:49 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]The Saint Francis prayer is beautiful and elegant in its simplicity. I am a fan of it. The Bible I think is a symbol of holy scripture to Carla, rather than a book to follow literally as some goofballs do. I don't see either as a filter, but don't mind if you do.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess I was looking at it from a more hyperdimensional perspective. The transmission originating from Ra in 6D, and passing to Carla's brain in 3D. The magical ritual conducted before making contact creates a 4D channel through which the transmission may pass. Of course, this is largely a protective mechanism. Yet the specific objects used can add a particular, shall we say, flavor, to how the information comes through.

So there is a level of distortion that occurs on the group mind level, already coloring the transmission before it reaches the channel, in this case Carla. That is quite the well-loved prayer, as you know. Personally, I would take the "Lord" out of it and instead offer it as a petition to my Higher Self. And the Bible... well we all know how magically charged THAT book is!

So IF the group mind exists AND objects OR prayers can really be charged with magical energy THEN I can see how the choice of using those two items in a ritualistic fashion MAY HAVE lent a certain element of distortion to the material.

Quote:Over the years, lots of sources of information, including Edgar Cayce, talked about coming earth changes. When Don asked Ra, he probably thought he would hear some updates on that information but, instead, Ra said "That's trivial and unimportant." As I remember reading it, that was the end of the topic with Don.

Yes, Ra commented as to the triviality of the information after the Questioner was able to regain a sufficient one-pointedness of mind. Yet the theme reemerges later as discussion of the upcoming "inconveniences". I keep using Questioner because I don't know if Don was always asking the questions. Was that the case?

Quote:I haven't talked with David Wilcock nor read anything he wrote, so am not qualified to discuss his information. I didn't think of stepping into Don's room after he left; that might have been real interesting, though.

Yes, I agree. I have heard many stories about the energy of place... apartments where the same argumentative themes emerge in successive tenants. General weirdness in places where events took place that were traumatizing to others.

I wonder how David came to end up sleeping in that bed. If happen to run into him one day, I will have that question on hand at the ready!

Quote:I have never felt the urge to fear something because of the Ra material. Maybe I'm just lucky that way. Fear, anger and resentment are emotions to avoid, IMHO. They lead to illness. In my youth, I had plenty of the last one.

I think that is a wise observation. Curiously, one of the only things I really have any fear about is sourced in the Ra material, namely the concept of 5D STS entities lurking about that have the potential to take a person's life at a moment's slip of the mind.

But mostly I neither fear them nor feel any particular need to invoke outside protection from them. I am too busy attending to my own personal sense of peace, love, and joy. I understand those to be the most effective and natural protections.

(05-28-2010, 09:24 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2010, 09:04 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]odd. i think i had a post in this thread, but i cant see it.

Hi Unity! Welcome to Bring4th! Please check your private message box.

Yes, welcome! Smile
Hi Questioner,

(11-07-2009, 09:48 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Now I turn to Secrets of the UFO by Don Elkins and Carla Reuckert. I had not read it until just recently, when I finally gave up my stubborn refusal to pay attention to Carla's suggestion that the Ra books will make more sense if one reads Secrets first. She's right and I wish I had taken them in that order, rather than the reverse.

I have never read that book, although it just got added to the short list along with Joscelyn Godwin's Atlantis and the Cycles of Time.

My own UFO research has led me to the somewhat unforeseen conclusion that UFO technology is a fundamentally Gaian / Terran technology developed by the gods of antiquity, who continue to exist in subterranean cities and off-world bases.

I suspect that the alien gods have been stuck here all along, but something has prevented them from interacting directly with the rest of humanity. The Quarantine perhaps? I have been hearing rumors that this Quarantine, if it ever existed, has recently been lifted. Makes me wonder if the gods are planning another repeat performance of the Golden Age of antiquity.

According to my understanding of some new discoveries in physics, space travel as we conceive it to be from TV/movies such as Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, etc., is not possible. There is no way to maneuver a ginormous metallic ship though interstellar space. It would be akin to setting a little stick raft afloat on the Atlantic Ocean and "crossing one's fingers" that they make it to the New World.

(07-16-2011, 09:39 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Ra commented as to the triviality of the information after the Questioner was able to regain a sufficient one-pointedness of mind. Yet the theme reemerges later as discussion of the upcoming "inconveniences". I keep using Questioner because I don't know if Don was always asking the questions. Was that the case?

It was the instrument that needed to regain one-pointedness after the cassette was flipped. Carla was not in trance during the first session.

Yes, Don was always the questioner.
Those symbols and the prayer were to put Carla at ease so that she could leave for awhile. Another instrument might want different ones. Not that they were mere tokens, but they were the right things for her comfort and protection.

(07-16-2011, 09:39 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Curiously, one of the only things I really have any fear about is sourced in the Ra material, namely the concept of 5D STS entities lurking about that have the potential to take a person's life at a moment's slip of the mind.

Merely a suggestion: Acknowledge plenty of power in your higher self and grant none to the concept of a 5D external entity lurking. You have a team that follows your leadership including your body, its layers, organs and chakras, your higher self, your unconscious and your subconscious (if they are different). With all of them on your side, no STS entity has a chance.

Every day, give thanks to those team members and, during meditation be open to their input. They may never give you a "message" but will work among themselves and give your conscious a nudge when needed. Your gratitude is the fuel on which they thrive.

3DMonkey

That, and 5D STS isn't such a bad deal. They just serve the way they can. They exist in a lonely place.
(07-17-2011, 01:11 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]Merely a suggestion: Acknowledge plenty of power in your higher self and grant none to the concept of a 5D external entity lurking. You have a team that follows your leadership including your body, its layers, organs and chakras, your higher self, your unconscious and your subconscious (if they are different). With all of them on your side, no STS entity has a chance.

Every day, give thanks to those team members and, during meditation be open to their input. They may never give you a "message" but will work among themselves and give your conscious a nudge when needed. Your gratitude is the fuel on which they thrive.

Awesome!! This is what I have only recently become aware of. Though I have been collaborating with the Lesser Soul, I have not found much info on the "lesser soul" at all, mostly texts about the oversoul or higher soul.
(07-17-2011, 01:11 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]Those symbols and the prayer were to put Carla at ease so that she could leave for awhile. Another instrument might want different ones. Not that they were mere tokens, but they were the right things for her comfort and protection.

Right. But those symbols are also very charged in the minds of others. For example, I just picked up a copy of today's edition of the Sun. On the cover it says "BIBLE PROPHECY COVER-UP: Shocking Truths The Church Doesn't Want You To Know!

Inside is the story of St. Francis of Assisi. It opens,

Quote:St. Francis, in one of his letters to St. Clare, wrote glowingly of a dream he had revealing the end of the world.

So as you can perhaps see, although the prayer did serve as protection for Carla, it also may have created a certain potential for distortion of the message in the mind of another who is drawn to the material. The specific distortion I am referring to being that Ra was predicting an apocalyptic end to 3D akin to Biblical prophecy.

Now, of course, you or I or Carla may not view the material that way at all. But to another who is new to the material, coming from a particular background, it may appear that way.

Other notable acts of St. Francis are recounted here:

Quote:St. Francis is remembered today for three things: He was the first person to receive the stigmata... He created the very first nativity scene for Christmas, 1223. And his love of the wildlife and natural beauty made him the patron saint of the animals.

These are all highly charged with Christian symbolism, as you well know. Do you see what I am getting at, or is this nonsensical to you?
(07-17-2011, 08:51 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]The specific distortion I am referring to being that Ra was predicting an apocalyptic end to 3D akin to Biblical prophecy.

Was there something apocalyptic in the transcripts? I don't really remember anything scary.
(07-17-2011, 09:00 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2011, 08:51 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]The specific distortion I am referring to being that Ra was predicting an apocalyptic end to 3D akin to Biblical prophecy.

Was there something apocalyptic in the transcripts? I don't really remember anything scary.

No, not really. At least in my read. I have observed others using the communication to support an apocalyptic worldview.
Ah. Yes the words "world as you know it will end" can be taken negative, where they only see "world_________will end".
One of those things where understanding has to be built up before getting into new sources of info. Without a base of understanding it makes you create a new picture out of thin air.
(07-17-2011, 09:12 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Ah. Yes the words "world as you know it will end" can be taken negative, where they only see "world_________will end".
One of those things where understanding has to be built up before getting into new sources of info. Without a base of understanding it makes you create a new picture out of thin air.
Exactly. Do you have any experience with magic? I have mostly knowledge to go on here. Does it make sense that the objects used in the protection ritual could attract a certain sort of _________ that wasn't actually there?

All of the three Abrahamic religions posit a historical eschatology based on the return of the World Savior, or Messiah. Time is linear, and building up to some sort of grand climax characterized by the physical appearance of a being with superhuman powers, or even God himself. This idea may also have been present in Zoroastrianism, and there are some Messianic flavors of Buddhism expecting the coming of Maitreya Buddha, etc. So it is not wholly a Christian thing.

But the Hindu tradition, which predates all of these other religions, is based in a mythical eschatology, based on a cyclical view, or return of the Golden Age. The Mayans, who are notorious for introducing the 2012 "end-date", were also in this second camp. And of course the Law of One link is that quote about the earth changes, or inconveniences, persisting for about 30 of our years. Which brings us to right about now in 2011.

Interestingly, in most documentaries about 2012 that I watch, this is the very argument that the skeptics use to dismiss the whole idea. Namely, that it invokes an apocalyptic worldview. People have been proclaiming the return of Jesus for the last 2000 years, and yet he has not come.

So I can see how in the mind of somebody who is very new to the Law of One, and who is steeped in a certain line of thought with little experience outside of their religious belief system would easily project the return of Christ into the Ra communication.

Their worldview requires them to attempt to reconcile the prophecy of the return of Christ with the foretold shift from 3D to 4D in the Law of One. Since they are Christian, and Christians believe in the Return of Christ [not all Christianity actually subscribes to that belief, by the way], then this whole density shift thing must have something to do with Christ's return.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on Christians.
As I have said elsewhere, I am down with the teachings of Jesus. It is just that Roman catholicism is the only religion I have much personal experience with, as in going to mass and being taught the belief system as a young child. I didn't come across anything else until much later, incidentally right around the time I originally found the Law of One Books.

Pages: 1 2