Bring4th

Full Version: Mea Culpa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a past-life regression the other night while meditating and I was shown an aspect of myself that I am very uncomfortable with. I know I have to find a way to reconcile myself with what I did in the life but I am finding it very difficult. I find it very painful both physically and psychologically to think about what I saw while I was meditating. For one thing I no longer wonder what it feels like to commit seppuku, as I feel a blade being plunged into and drawn across my abdomen every time I think about that life. I know that I was a feudal lord in Japan and that I was made to commit ritual suicide to rid my family of the shame I brought once the incredibly evil stuff I did came to light.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can learn to accept this part of myself?
Could you forgive someone else who did similar things?
Had similar experiences, too. Love heals. <3
Spaced - if it helps, I forgive you/myself.

Much love!

Cyan

(10-26-2012, 12:26 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Could you forgive someone else who did similar things?

For me, and my experience. No, thats why I'm going through the same thing. (notice the pun)
(10-26-2012, 12:26 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Could you forgive someone else who did similar things?

I'm not sure. I don't even want to say what I did because I find it too offensive to even discuss :-/
If you image this part of self as another person, could you sit with him in a room?

Meerie

Spaced, if I were you I would ask in my next meditation why this was shown to you, and what you can distill / learn from that experience and what aspect of your present life it touches, if at all...
don't beat yourself up over it.
It is past and long gone. And imo you have been forgiven and forgave yourself long before you entered this incarnation.
I bet we have all been killers, perverts and what have you at some point...
Thank you for the support everyone. I realize it's kind of goofy to be worrying so much about something that is either entirely in my head or else happened centuries ago, but it feels very immediate to me. I think that this is related to this dream that I had the other week.

I can see how a lot of fears and yellow-ray issues I deal with in this life come from that one, namely my fear of ever being in a position of power or having responsibility over others.
I believe Brittany Lynn has posted about similar experiences. Maybe reading those would be helpful.
Anytime you need support we're all here for you Smile
As I understand it, part of the initiatory process is learning to love the unloveable. It's difficult enough when it's an unloveable other; loving the unloveable self is quite a challenge.

Meerie

(10-26-2012, 01:31 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]As I understand it, part of the initiatory process is learning to love the unloveable. It's difficult enough when it's an unloveable other; loving the unloveable self is quite a challenge.

is that mentioned in the Ra material somewhere? I am curious...
(10-26-2012, 01:31 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]As I understand it, part of the initiatory process is learning to love the unloveable. It's difficult enough when it's an unloveable other; loving the unloveable self is quite a challenge.

I had a past-life regression a couple months ago that was more about learning to love the unlovable other and I found it much easier.
(10-26-2012, 01:34 PM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]is that mentioned in the Ra material somewhere? I am curious...

Q'uo talks about it some:

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0409.aspx

Quote:All the lessons that you are learning now have to do with how to love the unlovable, how to accept the unacceptable, how to remain radiant though all of the negative seeming experiences of the illusion, how to refrain from armoring the self.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0716.aspx

Quote:Now, what is the essence of freedom? Each of you certainly feels that it is “somewhere else” and certainly not in the present moment, or in the present life experience. And yet we say to you that full freedom is available to you within this experience, just as the Kingdom of Heaven is available to any who will do the work to transform themselves into a lighter being. Therefore, we ask you to have faith in your own self when you face repetitive problems. You have simply put yourselves into a situation which is a challenge to love the unlovable; to accept the unacceptable; to return the good for the negative; to be blithely oblivious of the negative, and see the good in all; to retain the hopefulness of close and deep association with nature, both second-density trees, grasses and blooms, and third-density entities.

Quote:We are building, shall we say, the skyscraper that is based upon the firm foundation you now are laying, the foundation of accepting the unacceptable, of loving the unlovable, of changing the insult into the light touch. You have the control to make these choices at will. Each of you has this within, but how difficult, my friends, it is to call upon it. As always, we move to the suggestion of persistent daily meditation, the listening within, the learning of who you really are, the centering of oneself within the creation, so that no thing is strange and no one a stranger. Nothing threatens, but only challenges.

Brittany

I was an ass in plenty of lives. We all play the villain at some point- it's part of the balancing process. Perhaps if you can embrace this former self as the same flawed human being we all are, his acts will seem less heinous. And in some way, he played his part in getting you to where you are now. Without that part of you, the you you know now would not exist, and who you are now is all you ever have.
(10-26-2012, 12:09 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any tips on how I can learn to accept this part of myself?

I understand what you are speaking of. I have myself had one past life regression where some "unacceptable" material was shown for the self. And I am not saying that I am passed through this lesson, as I am still struggling with it. And I have also seen other things within my mind which are "unacceptable" in regards to other life time experiences, so I certainly understand where you are coming from. What I can offer is what Ra said once:

Ra, 10:14 Wrote:Gaze within a mirror. See the Creator.

And:

Ra, 18:5 Wrote:All things are acceptable in the proper time for each entity, and in experiencing, in understanding, in accepting, in then sharing with other-selves, the appropriate description shall be moving away from distortions of one kind to distortions of another which may be more consonant with the Law of One.

(10-26-2012, 01:46 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0716.aspx

Quote:Now, what is the essence of freedom? Each of you certainly feels that it is “somewhere else” and certainly not in the present moment, or in the present life experience. And yet we say to you that full freedom is available to you within this experience, just as the Kingdom of Heaven is available to any who will do the work to transform themselves into a lighter being.

Thank you for your contribution which was beautiful. The above Quote reminded me of:

Ra, 17:2 Wrote:Enlightenment is *of the moment*, is an opening to intelligent infinity. It can only be accomplished by the self, for the self. Another self cannot teach/learn enlightenment, but only teach/learn information, inspiration, or a sharing of love, of mystery, of the unknown that makes the other-self reach out and begin the seeking process that ends *in a moment*, but who can know when an entity will open the gate to *the present*?
i've cherry picked a few quotes here and there that might help. if you want to look generally at the darker aspects of yourself and how they can be redeemed then this might help:

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._1229.aspx

Quote:...Because everyone has a dark side. And within your third density it is easy for you to put that dark side in the shadows of self and not acknowledge it. It is difficult for an entity who wishes to be truly of service to acknowledge that shadow side that is the murderer, the rapist, the liar, the coveter, and so forth. Yet, if all is one, are you not all things? Indeed, all of us contain the three hundred and sixty degrees of various kinds of energy that make up the awareness that is the whole of you. And one of those tremendously difficult jobs for anyone is to go into the shadows and bring out that shadow side to look at, to acknowledge, to come to understand, and to ask if it will join you, if it will cease being part of the dark side and become your grit and your determination and your perseverance. That is the true function of the so-called dark side. And you can realize all of yourself if you can acknowledge the dark side in the first place. The desire of many is simply to deny that there is anything in the consciousness except love and light and positivity. Yet, there is a whole other side of self to be collected, respected and honored and used. And this process is becoming more and more difficult because whereas before the end of the age was so prominently close it was quite easy to ignore the dark side of self, in these latter days of third density, when an entity desires to become a truly realized and focused spiritual seeker, he must go collect those shadow bits that he has not acknowledged. And this is difficult now, where it used to be easier, because of the constant barrage of vibrations of truth, so that all of those things at which you least wanted to look are now popping up quite prominently and saying, “Look at me. Acknowledge me. Let me tell my story and please learn to balance me in and make me part of who you are, for we truly belong, we shadow elements of the equation of one.” Therefore, we encourage each of you to take courage and look in that mirror as it comes to you, for all that are related to you by friendship or working relationship or family, all entities that are in your life, are mirroring you to yourself. When you see those things that you like, then you are happy to see those mirrors. Yet some will come to you and mirror those things you do not wish to see. My friends, embrace those things you do not wish to see, not in judgment but with a genuine and whole-hearted desire to integrate that into yourself. To find it in the first place is very difficult. When one has mirrored something that is distasteful to one, one wishes simply to put it to one side. And yet we encourage you to allow it to come close, to embrace it, and listen to the story it has to tell. Find that energy within yourself. Not that you would murder anyone, but say you gaze at murder; find the murderer within yourself. Go after that murderer and ask it to join you, or to rejoin you. It is as if you are trying to bring all the members of yourself together so that you may be completely integrated as a unit and have no internal divisions where you do not wish to look. In that way, when you enter your own open heart, you have no strife within yourself, saying, “I am a terrible wretch; I don’t deserve to be here.” Or saying, “No, I am very, very good, I am not wretched.” You can let all of that judgment go and bring your whole self into that open heart where the Creator is waiting for you with unconditional love....

if you discover your past lives have been less than STO then this might help.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0127.aspx

Quote:Jim: The third question is: “It’s my understanding that I’ve incarnated within many systems. It’s logical I’ve taken both positive and negative paths before. In fact, one of the most realistic past-life dreams I’ve ever had was one as a lizard person, and he was a pretty nasty fellow, at least from a human’s perspective. Is one’s shadow self composed of these negative incarnations? Can you effectively get a negative greeting from aspects of yourself?”

We are those of Q’uo, and are aware of your queries, my brother. Our response must be divided into no and yes. It is not so that the shadow side of an entity within an incarnation is made up of the previous negative incarnations, so called, of your soul stream. Rather, the shadow self is made up of those parts of the circle of beingness which you have been so far unwilling to examine closely [within this incarnation.]
This is understandable, my brother. A service-to-others polarized seeker has no wish to examine his rapist, his murderer, his abuser, or his manipulator. He would prefer to emphasize those parts of his 360 degrees of self of which he approves.
There is a significant point to be made here, that being that it is only sophistically possible to separate the dark side of self from the light side of self. The goal of the progress through an incarnation is to lessen distortion and increase balance. Consequently, it is hoped that in the course of a lifetime of catalyst and the observation of his responses, the seeker shall have the opportunity to examine many of the shadow portions of self, so that those portions of self may be respected, honored and redeemed to a useful and integrated portion of the self within the daylight. Flood a murderer with light and you discover tenaciousness, grit and patience. The shadow side of self will stand ready to be your ally if you can love it, accept it, and ask it for its help.
The incarnations which you have experienced besides this one certainly matter. Especially do they matter when you have carried adhering karma from one experience to another. And there are times when it is helpful to become aware of some detail of this karma that adheres.
However, my brother, in the main we would recommend that you focus upon this life, this experience, this incarnation. Our reason is that you carefully selected the gifts, limitations and relationships that make up the intricate welter of detail and pattern within this present life experience.
In no wise can you consider the self [you are] in incarnation as the self as it experiences itself outside of incarnation. It is as if you left a home with many rooms and many possessions and you packed a bag for a trip. You could carry just so much and no more. No matter how carefully you packed to come into this incarnational experience, you could in no way carry even ten percent of what you would wish to bring if you were moving house.
Thusly, be content with examining the contents of your suitcase, for they are plentiful enough to give you matter upon which to work for an entire incarnation, we assure you. You cannot help packing the mystery of your essential being. Therefore, there is always an infinity of considerations which you may choose to ponder as you observe yourself and get to know yourself ever better.
On the other hand, the “yes” has to do with the fact that you do indeed deal with the essential self as you experience the shadow and the light of self. Therefore, you are perfectly capable of being the source of psychic greeting within your own experience. In point of fact, it is very often the correct solution to the question of what source it is that has created a psychic greeting. When the shadow side of self is ignored and feels abandoned, it is perfectly capable of making itself known as if it were other than you and over against you.
The solution to such experiences, then, is to sit with that shadow side that has seemingly attacked you and offer it your unqualified and absolute love.
May we ask if there is a follow-up to this query? We are those of Q’uo.

Challenge accepted Heart
Those q'uotes are very helpful spero, thank you!

I was meditating on this issue last night and I have made some peace with that self. One thing that helped was transforming my mental image of him from a samurai psychopath to a stereotypical old perverted japanese man from countless animes. Now when dark thoughts pop into my head from that source I find them kind of funny and easier to dismiss.

I opened my heart to his energy and what I felt actually surprised me, I felt the soul of a solemn man with the touch of the poet in him. I felt that he was a top notch swordsman and that he followed his own code of honour, one which kind of baffles my mind to be honest.

Afterwards I visualized vivid red blood seeping out of the wound on my abdomen and into the bowl made by my hands. The blood swirled and swirled as a golden light transformed it into vibrant yellow energy which I then returned to my solar plexus. This seemed to help the pain somewhat and I'm going to keep at it.

Thank you everyone for helping me come to grips with this!
(10-26-2012, 12:09 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I know I have to find a way to reconcile myself with what I did in the life but I am finding it very difficult.

Dear Spaced, first, I would like to applaud you for the bravery you have brought to the table in terms of discussing something that is extremely personal, possibly frighteningly deep, and definitely painful for you. At first sight, it appears that what you call the attempts at reconciliation with the self over the deeds of evil that one has done in the past is something that is closely linked to what Ra called ‘karma alleviation’.

Quote: 10.1 Questioner: I think that it would clarify things for us if we went back to the time just before the transfer of souls from Maldek to see how the Law of One operated with respect to this transfer and why this transfer was necessary. What happened to the people of Maldek that caused them to lose their planet? How long ago did this event occur?

Ra: I am Ra. The peoples of Maldek had a civilization somewhat similar to that of the societal complex known to you as Atlantis in that it gained much technological information and used it without care for the preservation of their sphere following to a majority extent the complex of thought, ideas, and actions which you may associate with your so-called negative polarity or the service to self. This was, however, for the most part, couched in a sincere belief/thought structure which seemed to the perception of the mind/body complexes of this sphere to be positive and of service to others. The devastation that wracked their biosphere and caused its disintegration resulted from what you call war.

The escalation went to the furthest extent of the technology this social complex had at its disposal in the space/time present of the then time. This time was approximately 705,000 of your years ago. The cycles had begun much, much earlier upon this sphere due to its relative ability to support the first-dimensional life forms at an earlier point in the space/time continuum of your solar system. These entities were so traumatized by this occurrence that they were in what you may call a social complex knot or tangle of fear. Some of your time passed. No one could reach them. No beings could aid them.

Approximately 600,000 of your years ago the then-existing members of the Confederation were able to deploy a social memory complex and untie the knot of fear. The entities were then able to recall that they were conscious. This awareness brought them to the point upon what you would call the lower astral planes where they could be nurtured until each mind/body/spirit complex was able finally to be healed of this trauma to the extent that each entity was able to examine the distortions it had experienced in the previous life/illusion complex.

After this experience of learn/teaching, the group decision was to place upon itself a type of what you may call karma alleviation. For this purpose they came into incarnation within your planetary sphere in what were not acceptable human forms. This then they have been experiencing until the distortions of destruction are replaced by distortions towards the desire for a less distorted vision of service to others. Since this was the conscious decision of the great majority of those beings in the Maldek experience, the transition to this planet began approximately 500,000 of your years ago and the type of body complex available at that time was used.

In my opinion, before discussing karmic alleviation, I think it would be helpful to clearly understand what karma is. For this, we can again fruitfully turn to that wondrous literature, called the Ra material (or LOO).

Quote: 34.4 Questioner: Thank you. Would you define karma?

Ra: I am Ra. Our understanding of karma is that which may be called inertia. Those actions which are put into motion will continue using the ways of balancing until such time as the controlling or higher principle which you may liken unto your braking or stopping is invoked. This stoppage of the inertia of action may be called forgiveness. These two concepts are inseparable.

Now, again back to reconciliation with the self in terms of coming to terms with the grotesque deeds of evil that one has committed in the past –

Quote: 18.12 Questioner: You stated yesterday that forgiveness is the eradicator of karma. I am assuming that balanced forgiveness for the full eradication of karma would require forgiveness not only of other-selves but also the forgiveness of self. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct. We will briefly expand upon this understanding in order to clarify.

Forgiveness of other-self is forgiveness of self. An understanding of this insists upon full forgiveness upon the conscious level of self and other-self, for they are one. A full forgiveness is thus impossible without the inclusion of self.

And, my friend, consider this profound and beautiful quote, which is about that great personality who is an inspiration par excellence for those who wish to traverse the path of unconditional love and service to others –

Extracted from 17.20:
Quote:* The entity was absolved karmically of the destruction of an other-self when it was in its last portion of lifetime and spoke upon what you would call a cross saying, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” In forgiveness lies the stoppage of the wheel of action, or what you call karma.

*Note: In order to fully appreciate the complete context of the above quote as per the LOO, please refer to the quote numbered 17.19 from the material.

Also, the following quote may be useful for contemplation with respect to your thread –

Quote: 34.5 Questioner: If an entity develops what is called a karma in an incarnation, is there then programming that sometimes occurs so that he will experience catalyst that will enable him to get to a point of forgiveness thereby alleviating the karma?

Ra: I am Ra. This is, in general, correct. However, both self and any involved other-self may, at any time through the process of understanding, acceptance, and forgiveness, ameliorate these patterns. This is true at any point in an incarnative pattern. Thus one who has set in motion an action may forgive itself and never again make that error. This also brakes or stops what you call karma.

I think what you are currently psychologically experiencing, Spaced, are the deep pangs of your vigilant conscience, especially as you attempt to polarize in the direction of service to others. I personally think that Ra had an oblique terminology to refer to the inbuilt feature of conscience embedded into self-conscious entities as part of the ladder of evolution –

Quote: 90.21 Questioner: Then what you are saying is that once the path is recognized, either the positive or the negative polarized entity can find hints along his path as to the efficiency of that path. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. That which you say is correct upon its own merits, but is not a repetition of our statement. Our suggestion was that within the experiential nexus of each entity within its second-density environment and within the roots of mind there were placed biases indicating to the watchful eye the more efficient of the two paths. Let us say, for want of a more precise adjective, that this Logos has a bias towards kindness.

Spaced, for me, the greatest allure of the Ra material are not the grand esoteric concepts and the great mysteries of our Earth history that stand revealed; but the earthy focus that hones in like a laser onto our raw nerves of everyday human travails, fears and pains, as we dance our way through evolution, uncertain of our steps most of the way. The greatest and the most empowering theme of the Ra material for me is that of the forgiveness of the self, for there is inherent dynamic tension always in the plaited spiraling strands of freedom and uncertainty, the paradox of the experiment of the ONE knowing itself throughout infinity. Your forgiveness of your own self would be your statement of love for the ONE and its beautiful infinite creation, Spaced. Forgiving yourself will not change what has transpired in the past; but it can empower the present and make the future more beautiful for you and everyone connected with you. As we forgive our selves, it would be pertinent to remember the haloed spiritual wisdom of Ra, which I repeat once more for emphasis –

Extracted from 17.20:
Quote: Thus one who has set in motion an action may forgive itself and never again make that error. This also brakes or stops what you call karma.

I am sure you will grow into a powerful entity of unconditional love, wisdom and support for others, both in the spiritual and the physical planes, Spaced. Mistakes have happened, yes! But, let us consciously learn from them and resolve never to cause pain to any other living being in the wondrous creation of the ONE, either in the now or in the future. That is all we can do NOW, once an arrow of sorrow has been irrevocably released in the past. Peace and light to you, my dear friend. You are in my prayers.
I'm feeling way better now, it was definitely a good idea to share with you fine folks! Heart
in forgiveness lies the stoppage of karma

you did what you thought was right in that life

now you are here in this life.. would you do the same? I'll smack you in the back of the head if you say yes rofl

Meerie

Spaced, I am curious, did you have symptoms like pain in your abdomen, already prior to that past life regression?
(10-27-2012, 03:14 PM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Spaced, I am curious, did you have symptoms like pain in your abdomen, already prior to that past life regression?

The only thing I can really think of is pulling a muscle there when I was in high school.

I guess I should clarify that I felt a pain on the left of my abdomen after I had that dream I mentioned and it was when I focused on that pain during meditation that I experienced the regression.