Bring4th

Full Version: The Hurricane in North America
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the first time in a while a major hurricane has affected the north eastern US and central Canada. People living in New York and nearby cities have a unique catalyst available to them: the fear of a natural disaster which the rest of the world experiences more often. I also think its symbolic to see the world's main financial district get flooded and its power shut down.

Meerie

Wasn't there something about NY being flooded in Edgar Cayces predictions?
Some people here in Montreal are getting so worked up and frightened even though we are really far from the epicenter. I don't get it, I guess it's just cause the news told them to be scared.

Meerie

Spaced did you feel the repercussions of the earthquake that was supposed to go tsunami and didn't?
it originated in Canada last weekend...
I'm in the wrong part of Canada, over near the East Coast Smile

We did have an earthquake here a few weeks ago, which is rare since this part of the world has seen little seismic activity since the last ice age, but I slept through it Tongue
So much for your symbolism. Seems the financial district was spared any damage.
Hurricanes catalyst? Catalyst of that type blows...big time. Been through several hurricane evacs and the last big one (Ike) cost us over $15,000 in damage.

All catalyst means is good people having a bad time. And doing the best they can with the crap the universe throws at them.

In some ways, you can really see how it brings everyone together. To help neighbors out in the clean up, share a few warm beers , lol, after hard days work (plenty of those in an aftermath). You just make the best of a bad situation.

That said though....would much rather avoid that type of catalyst all together.
My dad had to pay over $20,000 for my emotional distresses in my last 2 years of experience I wouldn't exchange for the world. Consider me an emotional hurricane for 2-3 years. You don't seem like your moving away from the hurricanes, so use them for what they are, to you, however you can. Apply what you can. This ain't the time to be stingy. Don't we come here for the catalyst we encounter, especially as obvious as a hurricane?

The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers. ~ Brian Greene
I hope everything with godwide_void is ok, he lives in Queens NYC...
And norral, too!
(10-30-2012, 10:35 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]So much for your symbolism. Seems the financial district was spared any damage.

During the storm someone posted on their facebook, "Wall Street is under the water"(literally)... which I thought was symbolic, but I guess it was spared.
Kauilapele said that it's all to clean spiritually powerful places. like Maui and the abuse of money in that place, and same with Wall Street.
I live down lower Brooklyn and our neighborhood was hit pretty hard, had to spend 6 nights in total darkness, the basement was flooded and water pipes have cracked. Nevertheless I maintained a very positive mood and meditated on those who are still in distress. Absence of electricity gave me tons of time to ponder on many concepts and ideas therefore in a way I was grateful for broken the power lines, Plus I got to get a week off from college Smile

Sending positive vibrations to all who were affected, same goes to godwide_void (who is still probably without power).
(11-01-2012, 02:00 AM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]My dad had to pay over $20,000 for my emotional distresses in my last 2 years of experience I wouldn't exchange for the world. Consider me an emotional hurricane for 2-3 years. You don't seem like your moving away from the hurricanes, so use them for what they are, to you, however you can. Apply what you can. This ain't the time to be stingy. Don't we come here for the catalyst we encounter, especially as obvious as a hurricane?

The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers. ~ Brian Greene

Just cause I accept the catalyst of life doesn't mean I have to love the experience. Anyone who says they "love" hard times is bs'ing you.

I might be able to appreciate the lessons learned during that time...eventually. But not at the time.

Richard