Bring4th

Full Version: Anxiety Relieving Plant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Avocado

Let it pass or come with me.

The plant is called Kratom. I discovered it online several years ago and did not investigate further because at the time I was not ready for this herb, unbeknownst to me. I love what cannabis has done for me but is simply not something I use often. Nor can I use it for relieving anxiety as it caused paranoia. That's where Kratom comes into play. It gives me everything I wanted out of cannabis.

So many moons later I had found Kratom at the perfect time in my life. Like cannabis, this plant has tremendous healing properties, however, it can be missused, overused, abused etc. but that is why I found it at the right time. I have no desire to abuse anything I put in my body. I no longer abuse cannabis, I no longer abuse coca-cola or calories or even putting large quantities of intensive stimuli into my CNS such as videogaming or tv. The responsible STO "adult" being has polarized but the psychedelic love child still thrives.

The healthiness it makes me feel in the mind is reflected in the body (the main alkaloids are even antioxidants). It relaxes my body fully. It rips open my heart. It calms my mind. It does not cause psychedelic or mind-altered thoughts in the way cannabis does. The last time I had cannabis, I felt like I was hugging god but that was paired with equally strong paranoid feelings.

The most peculiar thing I have noticed is that with its help I have reduced my chronic anxiety by %90, if I were to put it into analytical speak that is. It just feels dramatically reduced! I took it a handful of times per week for months. I probably averaged three times per week. Then I stopped using it abruptly because I wanted to feel out the lesson that this plant is teaching me. After three weeks of not eating any my anxiety was still fairly reduced. Now I like to take it even less frequently because it's effects are more full, the main thing being the heart opening. I get to feel what it's like to love all things on some level now more often than if I was not eating this plant.

I'm truly grateful to have been blessed with this plant ally from the creator. It has been like a friend helping me through a complex phase of living. I have seen and so I now can practice the virtues of the plants teachings. When ever I'm not one with kratom I am practicing loving you all, smiling, meditating, contemplating, being kind and patient. I don't lie, I won't make a statement if I don't feel it inside me at the present moment. That being said I freely say I love you all. I love all things.
How'd you take it? Did you smoke the Kratom?

Brittany

I've discovered that ingesting the herb Ashwaganda has a similar effect for me. You can find it at just about any health food store. Where do you get Kratom, Avo? Online?
Do you grow it yourself ?
I tried it once but didn't notice any effect. I've also tried Kava with no effect that I noticed.

Avocado

I just eat it. I mix it with water and down goes the hatch. Yeah I just get it online. I don't grow it, I think it needs a more tropical environment. I've tried kava too Gem. anything I've ever felt from it was quite light. Kratom is supposed to be stronger but its possible to get weak low quality foliage. A lot of vendors care about customers though so it is also possible to get active foliage. It's also more effective on an empty or light stomach.

I was taking shankhapushpi which is supposed to be complementary to ashwaganda. It worked on reducing my cortisol levels.

Gotu Kola has been useful to me as well in my arsenal of plant allies. It reduced the adrenaline levels of rats being surprised. I don't feel any less anxiety after eating eat but I believe its subtle.
If you want Kava to affect you a lot get the instant variety. You can also mix it with Coffee to amplify its effects. And you can drink alcohol with it but that's not recommended medically, however it does make the effects more pronounced.
Can't stand the taste of awa (kava) but nice effect when made right!
You guys are into stuff I have never heard of. Just give me some mushrooms, drop me off in the jungle and I will activate the great white ape DNA.Tongue
well, i will try kratom if i can find it... or those other things.

Avocado

(10-31-2012, 01:46 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are into stuff I have never heard of. Just give me some mushrooms, drop me off in the jungle and I will activate the great white ape DNA.Tongue

LOL!

I want to try those other things too, well specifically Kava. I had an extract before but I want to try the awa made with love, the traditional way. I would probably mix it with Yerba Mate myself. Mate is a xanthine cocktail (caffeine, theobromine and one other) so perhaps it would syngergize even greater than coffee.
You should post the results to that experiment
So Yerba Mate could be an alternative to coffee?

Avocado

(11-01-2012, 02:57 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]So Yerba Mate could be an alternative to coffee?

Most definitely. I find brewing it strong enough feels similar to strong coffee. I feel energized but also a subtle feeling of well being. I'm not much of a caffeine drinker but I would go for mate if I had to choose. Both for health benefits and effects. It energizes without the jitters/anxiety coffee sometimes has. Plus it's delicious when you aquire the taste.
I may have to try yerba mate here soon.
I'm curious if any of this stuff helps with social anxiety also? I don't suffer from generalized anxiety anymore but I have always yearned to be more sociable. In my mind, I've always lacked the ability to just start a conversation with people and I'm not talking about just strangers either. I'm talking about people I work with also.

When my one of my coworkers and I will go do a portable X-ray on someone, he just naturally greets all our coworkers with a "hey how's it going" type mentality whereas I'm more reserved or guarded for some reason. When I do say something, it feels forced because honestly, I always wonder what's the point in talking unless I need to speak to them and these are people I have worked with for years. I have just never seen the point in small talk which makes it difficult when trying to find new friends.

I even thought about having a beer after work last night by myself but all I ever do is just sit there and look on my phone because I'm so socially inept at just starting conversations with people and it bugs the hell out of me.

Avocado

Well whether or not Kava or Kratom helps with social anxiety is dependent upon the person. I personally have never tried it for that reason but I can see potential, despite the fact that I don't like to be around people after eating kratom. It makes me feel more connected to people but when I have eaten it around my friends I have had mixed results. Sometimes it made me feel nervous but sometimes it made me more comfortable.

Skylord Amaranthine Darkcape

social anxiety is something that can be worked on also just by working on it. if you have general anxiety that's one thing but if it's social anxiety there might be a reason that you can remove. like for example an overblown fear of what others think. maybe you feel they will judge you. maybe in a past life you were judged or made fun of. maybe you're more introverted and don't genuinely enjoy that much social stuff, unless it's with people you can be totally at ease with.

beer also relieves social problems BigSmile
Quote: beer also relieves social problems
And causes them.BigSmile
(11-03-2012, 07:17 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: beer also relieves social problems
And causes them.BigSmile

Alcohol is bad, m'kay.
[Image: 0204_1_DI.jpg]

I literally only drink socially(which isn't very often and only 1 drink).

As for this supplement... The version of me from about a year ago on back could have used it although it is currently unnecessary. Smile

I take gotu kola twice daily for mental clarity/intuition boost and detoxification of the pineal of fluoride. I take small dosages of morning glory seeds for boosts in intuition and thining the veil and as a sort of sacrament to increase the desired effects.

Avocado

I would like to further represent this plant I have not done an adequate enough job. I compared it to cannabis because I was seeking medicinal herbs that match this plant's sterotypical anxiolytic and relaxation effects that make people feel lazy, specifically cannabis indica as sativa could be energizing and good for exercise. I was not making the comparison to focus on the getting "high" aspect of the experience.

I just don't want to deter anyone who could benefit from kratom by comparing it to something many use to get high. The comparison was in the strictly medicinal sense. In fact I think kratom would be a great alternative to cannabis patients who suffer from physical pain if they didn't care for the additional effect of the cannabanoid buzz.

(11-03-2012, 09:29 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I take gotu kola twice daily for mental clarity/intuition boost and detoxification of the pineal of fluoride. I take small dosages of morning glory seeds for boosts in intuition and thining the veil and as a sort of sacrament to increase the desired effects.

Hey me too.

...and as far as social anxiety goes I wouldn't choose to describe my situation using that phrase. I have had general anxiety but it has gone away for the most part. I still have trouble talking and problems around being shy but that is something that resolves from working with catalyst so I would agree with you Skylord. I don't think an herb could help other than aiding a healthy body, diet and brain, which holistically has an impact on the mind and spirit.

I have been thinking of using some of the more energetic strains to help me work out because I've had success with maca. It's been said historically that Parents of young women in Thailand would want their daughters to marry the workers who chew kratom leafs instead of the ones who do not because the leaf chewers got more work done because they have a greater pain acceptance. I thought that was neat. I do know that a lot of people, including myself, like to clean their house or do chores after eating kratom, even the relaxing varieties. I didn't mention that there are different strains of kratom in my first post but that is important as they have different uses. Red veined varieties are better for anxiety and white veined are good for energy.
Withania somnifera / Ashwagandha
Parsons, Avocado: I'm glad to hear that both of you have heeded my Gotu Kola and Morning Glory suggestions and found benefit from their daily ingestion. Smile As for another excellent anxiety relieving plant, I personally recommend the encapsulated whole herb of Valerian Root which, while traditionally is renowned as a sleep aid, does wonders for inducing a long-lasting mental calm and it seems to actually inhibit the formation of any anxious trains of thought. Hope this helps. Smile

Avocado

(11-15-2012, 11:40 AM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]Parsons, Avocado: I'm glad to hear that both of you have heeded my Gotu Kola and Morning Glory suggestions and found benefit from their daily ingestion. Smile As for another excellent anxiety relieving plant, I personally recommend the encapsulated whole herb of Valerian Root which, while traditionally is renowned as a sleep aid, does wonders for inducing a long-lasting mental calm and it seems to actually inhibit the formation of any anxious trains of thought. Hope this helps. Smile

Yes that is another herb I enjoy for sleeping. I am starting to rotate herbs to help me sleep and this is one of them. I have not used it to relax my mind but now I'm going to try that.

Avocado

(11-01-2012, 02:42 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]You should post the results to that experiment

Hey I actually did the experiment last week (yerba mate + kava) and I forgot you even suggested it. BigSmile

The native drinkers of yerba mate say that it activates the medicinal properties of other plants. I didn't notice anything with this combo. Next time I would probably drink mate on the side because I love the taste so much. It is supposed to increase the quality of bile so it could have had some effect. Mate probably goes well with any other medicinal foods/herbs just because it's so healthy and I'd be willing to bet the native mate drinkers were correct. I don't feel any effects from yerba mate by itself in the amounts I drink fyi.

But I have been using soy lecithin to enhance the kava, it does so by allowing the nonpolar kavalactones to dissolve more readily because of the fat in the lecithin, and it does so well! So for me yerba mate didn't enhance it but soy lecithin did... greatly.

I stopped taking the kratom a while ago because the tolerance killed some of the healing effects I was looking for so I will probably wait several months before trying again.

Lucky for me kava requires a reverse tolerance before you even feel the euphoria. It helps my anxiety in a much different way than kratom as well. I drink it before bed and the next day I feel a subtle but obvious sense of peace so it actually helps during the day.

I sure do enjoy experimenting with all these herbs/foods. Plants are fascinating.

Avocado

(10-30-2012, 11:16 AM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]I've discovered that ingesting the herb Ashwaganda has a similar effect for me. You can find it at just about any health food store. Where do you get Kratom, Avo? Online?

Oh ya, I've been taking this now too C: thanks for sharing.