Bring4th

Full Version: What is Love?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me.)

When Ra talks about love what is it exactly? Maybe its something completely different from mother-child love or romantic love. I have a feeling it could be some kind of metaphysical concept that's like a mixture of being content and in the moment and acting like your truest self would want to act.

Ra says the point of 3D is to find love in the moment, but how can you find something if you don't know what it is?
I feel it right now for someone, and it is very very hard to explain. i have been having so much trouble doing so to people.....suffice to say it is way more than friendship and romantic love. and it is pure contentment and joy. :-D <3

if you want to hear more I can try to explain... it will be really really hard though.. this, is so much beyond words that i have only been able to describe the shadow of its shadow.
Joyful acceptance. What we might refer to as "appreciation". Because unity contains all, it cannot abhor ANY. Smile
Ra talks about the "center of heart" (green ray).... universal love or compassion. Love heals and love protects us.

Qu'o talks about love:
Quote:Let us examine what occurs when one loves. When one loves, one is expressing the self, the nature of the self being love. The one great original Thought is a Thought of love. When this Thought of love decided to know Itself, each of you, as sparks of the divine, was created and then all of the worlds, densities and creations were created in order for the Creator in all of Its parts to have a place to play.

What it looks like at our level... love is unity:
Quote:The [classroom] level of this school of love which each of you enjoys at this time carefully hides the simple truth of this unified and loving nature. It is not apparent that all entities are one, for each seems to have an end at the skin and the hair and the appearance and all others seem to be separate from the self. It is the work of the student who seeks within to move beneath the veneer, the flesh and appearance, and especially the apparent firmness and stability of all things, for things are much more plastic and pliable than is usually thought within the illusion. For those who are able to move into the heart, and to open up into that self that is love that is the heart of each, the illusion begins to shimmer and waver and finally to drop away from time to time completely, showing the great ocean of unity and love and tremendous emotional support which the Unity of the entire creation offers to the one who is able to move beyond appearances. To the one who has become able to rest in her own skin, in the knowledge that she is a perfect and worthy spark of the infinite Creator, as well as a bozo, and a wretch, and a sinner, and all of the other appellations with which humans are wont to name themselves when they see that they have made what they would consider mistakes. It becomes clear at last, as the mists lift, that all is well, all is One; the being is the service, and the doing, a secondary and distant detail.

Heart of service is compassion, acceptance, respect, and honoring other-self as self:
Quote: Now this translates into rethinking the nature of service from a doing to a being. That which is done unto another is subject to the rules of free will. It is not well to infringe upon the free will of another. It is not well to criticize or judge another. It is not necessary in any case to do these things. Yet, there is the drive to serve that is or becomes a frustration for one who is having difficulty shifting back and forth between the world of appearances and actions, and the world of essences, energies and intentions. We would say then, focusing into service, that the heart of service is the full acceptance, respect and honoring of other-self as the self, and treating other-self as the self is treated. Within each entity’s progress in evolution in mind, body and spirit, there needs to be careful and continuing attention given to the working with the self alone. Wherever an entity sees damage elsewhere, no matter how clearly that energy is another entity’s, a key to working out this quandary of service and its appropriate nature is to do the work upon the self that the entity would wish to do upon the other-self.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0504.aspx
Ask those positive, loving, non-physical beings who are always close to you, or ask the Confederation with a simple thought, to show you this love, to send you love, and you will feel it. Smile It's a thought away.
(11-01-2012, 12:24 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ](Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me.)

When Ra talks about love what is it exactly? Maybe its something completely different from mother-child love or romantic love.

Indeed. The concept of "love" is grossly misunderstood upon this sphere. The pure, universal, transparent, all-encompassing original Love is not defined by the emotional attachment experienced by the 3rd density entities that populate this planetary environment at the present.

The entire Creation is a creation of Love. Within this Creation there are gradual degrees of realization, expression, understanding, experience and intensity of this one Love. The seven densities of consciousness merely represent gradients of this Original Love, or Original Thought. All entities are sub-Logi of the Logos, or sub-Loves of the Original Love. Therefore, all entities are creatures of Love, from 1st density to 7th. Naturally, the higher/inner the vibratory spectrum, the closer the entity is to the original purity of the Love/Thought/Sound that ideated/created/organized/arranged/energized all things.

This Love is the active creative principle knows as the Logos, or Thought of the One Infinite Creator—or the focus of Intelligent Infinity into kinetic energy. Therefore, all acts, words and thoughts are generated by Love/Thought/Sound, for Love is the CREATIVE (destructive/constructive) principle behind all creation.

There is no creature made from something "other" than Love. All entities are creatures, receptors, generators and prisms of Love. Those who deny/reject/ignore this—whether deliberately or not—, are still, paradoxically, creatures of Love; and all their acts, as deliberately distorted/deviated as they may be from the original vibration of Universal Love, are still nevertheless acts of Love, for Love is the great actuator and potentiator behinds all action. There is no action, no word, no thought without Love. All action, motion, kinetic, energy and vibration is Love.

There is no "separation" from Love.

Thus, there is Love in every moment.
(11-01-2012, 12:24 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ](Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me.)

This is, of course, what first went through my mind when I saw the title of your post. Telling, isn't it? BigSmile

Quote:Maybe its something completely different from mother-child love or romantic love.

I think the challenge with much of what we humans consider to be love, is that it has a shell of fear and insecurity built around the core. This is, ostensibly, in order to protect us and/or our loved one(s) (Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me.)

Also, much of our conception of love actually amplifies the illusory difference between "self" and "other". So whatever Ra's conception of love is, I would venture to say it is rooted in the Law of One- which states that there is no real distinction between self and other.

Now all of this doesn't make human love "bad"... merely distorted. Here is what Ra has to say about it:

Quote:15.21 Questioner: In yesterday’s material you mentioned that the first distortion was the distortion of free will. Is there a sequence, a first, second, and third distortion of the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra. Only up to a very short point. After this point, the many-ness of distortions are equal one to another. The first distortion, free will, finds focus. This is the second distortion known to you as Logos, the Creative Principle or Love. This intelligent energy thus creates a distortion known as Light. From these three distortions come many, many hierarchies of distortions, each having its own paradoxes to be synthesized, no one being more important than another.

15.22 Questioner: You also said that you offered the Law of One which is the balancing of love/light with light/love. Is there any difference between light/love and love/light?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the final question of this time/space. There is the same difference between love/light and light/love as there is between teach/learning and learn/teaching. Love/light is the enabler, the power, the energy giver. Light/love is the manifestation which occurs when light has been impressed with love.

Quote:I have a feeling it could be some kind of metaphysical concept that's like a mixture of being content and in the moment and acting like your truest self would want to act.

I'm somewhat grasping here, but in the context of the Ra material, I would consider "being content and in the moment and acting like your truest self would want to act" to be a fairly accurate definition of service, which would fall under the umbrella of the third distortion.

When we love somebody, it can inspire us to put our best foot forward. To become more of our authentic self. IMO- this is the value of 3D love.

Quote:Ra says the point of 3D is to find love in the moment, but how can you find something if you don't know what it is?

I might suggest to start with what you do know about love, no matter how distorted that conception may be, and then keep looking there. Observe the feeling, then notice what arises after it. Look deeper. See if you can identify where the distortion is, then ask for clarification from your Higher Self. Then repeat.
(11-01-2012, 12:24 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]When Ra talks about love what is it exactly? Maybe its something completely different from mother-child love or romantic love. I have a feeling it could be some kind of metaphysical concept that's like a mixture of being content and in the moment and acting like your truest self would want to act.

Ra talks about love in different senses or ways. One of these definitions is:

Ra, 13:7 Wrote:Awareness led to the focus of infinity into infinite energy. You have called this by various vibrational sound complexes, the most common to your ears being “Logos” or “Love.”

In this sense, that is Love being Logos or infinite energy, Love is:

Ra, 80:22 Wrote:...this energy is the energy of the Logos, and thus it is the energy which heals, builds, removes, destroys, and transforms all other-selves as well as the self.

Ra's definition of Love as the second distortion:

Ra, 27:12 Wrote:This must be defined against the background of intelligent infinity or unity or the One Creator with the primal distortion of free will. The term Love then may be seen as the focus, the choice of attack, the type of energy of an extremely, shall we say, high order which causes intelligent energy to be formed from the potential of intelligent infinity in just such and such a way. This then may be seen to be an object rather than an activity by some of your peoples, and the principle of this extremely strong energy focus being worshipped as the Creator instead of unity or oneness from which all Loves emanate.

Then Ra talks about Love as the density of Love, or fourth density:

Ra, 27:13 Wrote:The vibration or density of love or understanding is not a term used in the same sense as the second distortion, Love; the distortion Love being the great activator and primal co-Creator of various creations using intelligent infinity...

And then Ra says that those who have learned the activity called "loving" dwell in this vibration:

Ra, 27:13 Wrote:...the vibration love being that density in which those who have learned to do an activity called “loving” without significant distortion, then seek the ways of light or wisdom...

So our "job" so to speak, in this density, is to learn the activity called loving, which is:

49:6 Wrote:When this uncoiled energy approaches universal love and radiant being the entity is in a state whereby the harvestability of the entity comes nigh.

And here Ra says once again that the activation of the green ray energy center signals harvestability:

Ra, 50:8 Wrote:This is not a simple query, for the adept is one which will go beyond the green ray which signals entry into harvestability.

turtledude23 Wrote:Ra says the point of 3D is to find love in the moment, but how can you find something if you don't know what it is?

The above made me to think of this quote:

Ra, 15:9 Wrote:I am Ra. Picture, if you will, the One Infinite. You have no picture. Thus, the process begins. Love, creating light, becoming love/light, streams into the planetary sphere according to the electromagnetic web of points or nexi of entrance. These streamings are then available to the individual who, like the planet, is a web of electromagnetic energy fields with points or nexi of entrance.

In a balanced individual each energy center is balanced and functioning brightly and fully. The blockages of your planetary sphere cause some distortion of intelligent energy. The blockages of the mind/body/spirit complex further distort or unbalance this energy. There is one energy. It may be understood as love/light or light/love or intelligent energy.
Baby don't hurt me!

(I can't believe I'm the first one to post this!!!)
Love is, love powers all there is and more importantly there is love in every situations.
So, what is the difference between love and peace. I've felt true peace once in my life, and it is supposedly a higher vibration than love. My experience would certainly bear that out as I felt it literally peal out from me like a the sound of a bell, and I simply existed in perfect love and contentment for several seconds.
I see love as basically light. It is the basis for all that we can observe. Matter is love made physical. This all in a simple sense, it is more than likely to be complex in reality.
I think we all take journeys in our lives to learn about love:

Love as survival: we develop bonds/attachments with our caregivers (e.g., parents) to ensure that we survive... physical needs are met, we are soothed when distressed

Love as meeting emotional needs: our bonds with another validates who we are - we feel secure and needed.

Love as authority/power: our relationship with authority gives us direction and purpose that may not be aligned with our hearts. Relationships like love of god helps us to learn about ethics (follow rules)... or we could reject it.

Love as self-actualizing force: our relationship with ourselves allows us to determine our own course in life, our purpose. Self-knowledge.

Love as balance: our relationship with our own self and other self is congruent, balanced... Acceptance.

Love as compassion: we are able to understand how others feel and think, and be able to understand our own feelings and thoughts... there is acceptance. Forgiveness is possible.

Love as expression: we are able to take our learnings and serve others without needing something in return. Service to others, or maybe, to self if compassion is not accepted.

Love as universal/mystical: being in unity with the love of the one infinite creator
(11-01-2012, 12:52 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]So, what is the difference between love and peace. I've felt true peace once in my life, and it is supposedly a higher vibration than love. My experience would certainly bear that out as I felt it literally peal out from me like a the sound of a bell, and I simply existed in perfect love and contentment for several seconds.

Peace. Love. Joy. In my experience, joy emerges from love, and love emerges from peace. Like flowers blooming.
I think it's just a feeling you can apply to anything or nothing. A state of vibration that's largely beneficial to the being.
(11-01-2012, 07:01 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's just a feeling you can apply to anything or nothing.
That'd mean you'd have to feel love in order for there to be love.
(11-01-2012, 04:44 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Joyful acceptance. What we might refer to as "appreciation". Because unity contains all, it cannot abhor ANY. Smile

I think you nailed it. Joyous appreciation of anything or anyone would be what I would call "love."
(11-01-2012, 10:10 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2012, 04:44 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Joyful acceptance. What we might refer to as "appreciation". Because unity contains all, it cannot abhor ANY. Smile

I think you nailed it. Joyous appreciation of anything or anyone would be what I would call "love."

Ra: "We appreciate your vibration"
I think of it as the active and passive provision and support of (oneness)unity/completeness.
For some reason when I saw the title of this thread I thought of Deee-lite!

http://youtu.be/FAwwrUlvlsk

Probably because my view of love back in 1991 included Miss Lady Kier...
In 80.10 we have:

"It is also to be noted that an adept is
one which has freed itself more and
more from the constraints of the
thoughts, opinions, and bonds of other-
selves. Whether this is done for service
to others or service to self, it is a
necessary part of the awakening of the
adept. This freedom is seen by those
not free as what you would call evil or
black."

and then in 80.11:

"The
apparent happening is disassociation
whether the truth is service to self and
thus true disassociation from other-
selves or service to others and thus
true association with the heart of all
other-selves and disassociation only
from the illusory husks which prevent
the adept from correctly perceiving the
self and other-self as one."

What is "loving" (what does it mean to be "loving") at this point?

oguz

being one with the other
The use of Free Will yields Love it is the focus or point of desire. Love is that which destroys, creates, moves, nourishes - it is the very essence of the present moment.
(11-04-2012, 02:40 PM)TheInfinite1 Wrote: [ -> ]The use of Free Will yields Love it is the focus or point of desire. Love is that which destroys, creates, moves, nourishes - it is the very essence of the present moment.
Yes, ultimately it creates opportunity - or allows, which is why I believe Ra said love was logos. You can see an aspect of this in all of the chakras, but in the heart it is the first point where space is provided with understanding, acceptance and without a condition on being. We experience this "love" as freedom, acceptance, joy, harmony, etc. There are many, many different aspects of love - but it'd probably be the case that we tend to focus first on those which are antithetical to that which we perceive lacks love (due to duality). Further, we will tend to exaggerate the qualities we associate with love in order to more fully experience what is being offered and what may be offered.
"Picture, if you will, the One Infinite. You have no picture. Thus, the process begins."

Truly poetic!
(11-04-2012, 06:04 AM)Ens Entium Wrote: [ -> ]In 80.10 we have:

"It is also to be noted that an adept is
one which has freed itself more and
more from the constraints of the
thoughts, opinions, and bonds of other-
selves. Whether this is done for service
to others or service to self, it is a
necessary part of the awakening of the
adept. This freedom is seen by those
not free as what you would call evil or
black."

Thank you for this reference. I have not seen "adept" defined (as it is used by Ra). Are we all adepts? Is an adept anyone who has stepped onto a path of conscious spiritual growth? Or is an adept simply one who aspires to become powerful?

Also, does Ra give any advice about how to "free onself from the thoughts, opinions, and bonds of otherselves." I am especially wondering how to stay positive and hopeful in the face of negative feelings and vibrations which seem to be floating through mass consciousness.
(12-18-2012, 12:57 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]I have not seen "adept" defined (as it is used by Ra).

lawofone.info to the rescue! --

Quote:75.23 Questioner: I am sorry for my confusion. Sometimes, as you say, sound vibration complexes are not very adequate.

You made the statement in a previous session that the true adept lives more and more as it is. Will you explain and expand more upon that statement?

Ra: I am Ra. Each entity is the Creator. The entity, as it becomes more and more conscious of its self, gradually comes to the turning point at which it determines to seek either in service to others or in service to self. The seeker becomes the adept when it has balanced with minimal adequacy the energy centers red, orange, yellow, and blue with the addition of the green for the positive, thus moving into indigo work.

The adept then begins to do less of the preliminary or outer work, having to do with function, and begins to effect the inner work which has to do with being. As the adept becomes a more and more consciously crystallized entity it gradually manifests more and more of that which it always has been since before time; that is, the One Infinite Creator.
(12-18-2012, 12:57 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]Also, does Ra give any advice about how to "free onself from the thoughts, opinions, and bonds of otherselves." I am especially wondering how to stay positive and hopeful in the face of negative feelings and vibrations which seem to be floating through mass consciousness.
don't need Ra to give advice on such a matter, as it's basic psychology. The process of individuation (learning to accept and to remove distortions) naturally integrates the unclaimed aspects of self which were necessarily projected onto others instead. "Others" includes both individuals and the mass consciousness. So it also cultivates faith and will which renders hope obsolete.

When Ra talks about love what is it exactly? Maybe its something completely different from mother-child love or romantic love. I have a feeling it could be some kind of metaphysical concept that's like a mixture of being content and in the moment and acting like your truest self would want to act.

Ra says the point of 3D is to find love in the moment, but how can you find something if you don't know what it is?

Haha I saw the title and said exactly that before I entered.

I don't think unconditional love can truly be defined. It's something you feel or know or intuit. You can't really justify is sometimes with words but you see the connection deeper then the 5 senses can reveal for a moment. Those moments have been repeating growing in number as time has gone on for me since as long as I can remember.
When I imagine myself in pure love, there is nothing I can feel but love. This makes feel the reason I can feel love is because I am aware. I wonder if this ties in with love being the second distortion after free will, love is a creation of awareness.
Pages: 1 2