Bring4th

Full Version: What is Service?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is much talk around this word "service"... but what is service?

Is service akin to being a servant? Bending one's will to that of an other-self (another self)? Capitulating to the endless demands of the ego?

In the context of the Ra material, does "service" really have anything to do with the "service" we would expect to receive in a restaurant? In the spiritual sense, does service have anything really to do with "being waited upon"?

Does it really matter to whom the service is offered? If there is no real distinction between self and other, what does it matter who the recipient is, if indeed it is true service? Isn't there only one recipient to speak of, anyway?

Or does service have something more to do with what is being served? As in... what are you serving for dinner? Hot n' readies? Frozen fish sticks prepared in the microwave? Or are you serving a lovingly-prepared nutritious meal?

If the meal is prepared with love and light, does it matter who it is served to? Or even if it is eaten?
(11-01-2012, 11:25 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]There is much talk around this word "service"... but what is service?

The action of working for self/other-self.

The lesson of 3rd density is service, which is the entryway to 4th density where service is further explored and refined.

All entities ultimately serve the One Infinite Creator (whether knowingly or unknowingly) by assisting/serving themselves/Itself and offering their/Its service to other portions of the/Its Creation. Thus you see it is all a co-Creation, all entities serving themselves/each other—or in other words, the One Infinite Creator is serving Itself.

There is no other possible service. No instrument is useless, for all serve a purpose in their own way. There is no "non-service" or "servicelessness;" there is only ignorance and/or incertitude of service (i.e. lack of choice).
(11-01-2012, 11:38 AM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]serve the One Infinite Creator

In this sentence fragment, would you consider "the One Infinite Creator" as the subject or the object of service? Perhaps both?
(11-01-2012, 11:45 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2012, 11:38 AM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]serve the One Infinite Creator

In this sentence fragment, would you consider "the One Infinite Creator" as the subject or the object of service? Perhaps both?

Both and/or neither.

Dissolve this paradox into non-dichotomy and you have the clearest, simplest, purest answer.

All except Infinity/Oneness in its pure, undifferentiated, formless, unpotentiated, thoughtless, unfocused, colorless, undistorted state of infinite latent potential is, one way or another, an "illusion." The ultimate state of being lies in the absolute stillness/silence of that infinite Void. This is the true nature/beingness of all entities. And this is the mystery which transcends all truth/untruth.

The only means whereby the One Infinite Creator may experience the concept of "service"—and the keyword here is experience, for this is the only reason for a Creation—is by creating/imagining (by Thought, or focused activation directed by Will) an infinitely complex system of intricate holographic illusory matrices of experience (or energetically-imbued light-field environments) where an infinitude of sub-foci of consciousness may differentiate/individuate from their Source/Creator, thus allowing the novelty/experience of inter-personal relationships among its parts ("manyness"), or service.
(11-01-2012, 11:25 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]There is much talk around this word "service"... but what is service?...

Your existence as a spirit/mind/body complex is serving the Creator. You cannot not serve the Creator. Doing anything or not doing anything is serving the Creator in every single moment of your existence.
It seems to be giving what the other is requesting, or may benefit from.

"We can suggest an attempt to become aware of the other-self as self and thus do that action which is needed by other-self, understanding from the other-self’s intelligence and awareness. In many cases this does not involve the breaking of the distortion of free will into a distortion or fragmentation called infringement. However, it is a delicate matter to be of service, and compassion, sensitivity, and an ability to empathize are helpful in avoiding the distortions of man-made intelligence and awareness."

Perhaps ultimately though, there's this.."It is impossible to help another being directly. It is only possible to make catalyst available in whatever form, the most important being the radiation of realization of oneness with the Creator from the self, less important being information such as we share with you."

Radiation from the self. Even though we may consider ourselves balanced, there is still a certain amount of separation that may be felt..as in "they're different". I think that in all interaction, if you can see the unity, you provide a time/space potential to be accepted or denied (love/light). I've tried verbally expressing directions in which others may benefit and there was resistance. Yet when I focused on what could be learned rather than taught, I saw a mirror within, in which they took on new opinions or catalyst formed in their lives which led to realizations. Whether or not I was responsible for that is up in the air, so I've been focusing on this method for further examples.
Sometimes I wonder... what isn't service? lol
Pretty much. Perhaps the earth and sun are good examples..a non-intrusive offering. The earth simply provides and the sun radiates, yet there is information in that light should a person be listening. Perhaps we're to radiate that passive vibration, speaking when necessary, and on another level, others will tune into it if that's what they're looking for.
(11-01-2012, 11:25 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]There is much talk around this word "service"... but what is service?

From today's Q'uote:

Q'uo Wrote:The nature of service to others is such that you will find again and again that you have nothing to offer except your very being. And yet, my friends, if you will investigate the nature of the one original Thought, you will discover that your consciousness, your attention, your sympathy, your compassion, your attempt to understand, is the most precious service you can offer.
(11-01-2012, 11:25 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]If there is no real distinction between self and other, what does it matter who the recipient is, if indeed it is true service? Isn't there only one recipient to speak of, anyway?

I ran a search for 'service to self' at http://www.lawofone.info, and guess what, Don raises the very points you have laid out there:

Quote:30.1 Questioner: I am going to make a statement and then let you correct it if I have made any errors. This is the statement: Creation is a single entity or unity. If only a single entity exists, then the only concept of service is the concept of service to self. If this single entity subdivides, then the concept of service of one of its parts to one of its other parts is born. From this springs the equality of service to self or to others. It would seem that as the Logos subdivided, parts would select each orientation. As individualized entities emerge in space/time then I would assume that they have polarity. Is this statement correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This statement is quite perceptive and correct until the final phrase in which we note that the polarities begin to be explored only at the point when a third-density entity becomes aware of the possibility of choice between the concept or distortion of service to self or service to others. This marks the end of what you may call the unself-conscious or innocent phase of conscious awareness.

OK, and then from the following quote, I presume that service is the act of attempting to celebrate the bond of unifying presence underpinning everything that exists, through the emotion of what we call 'love'. What is love? Well, we only need to remember the moment when a parent looks into the eyes, the very first time, of its much awaited newly-born.

Quote:17.30 Questioner: If an entity wants to be of service to others rather than service to self while he is in this third density, are there “best ways” of being of service to others, or is any way just as good as any other way?

Ra: I am Ra. The best way to be of service to others has been explicitly covered in previous material. We will iterate briefly.

The best way of service to others is the constant attempt to seek to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self. This involves self knowledge and the ability to open the self to the other-self without hesitation. This involves, shall we say, radiating that which is the essence or the heart of the mind/body/spirit complex.

Speaking to the intention of your question, the best way for each seeker in third density to be of service to others is unique to that mind/body/spirit complex. This means that the mind/body/spirit complex must then seek within itself the intelligence of its own discernment as to the way it may best serve other-selves. This will be different for each. There is no best. There is no generalization. Nothing is known.
You're such a bright light/love Lana !

Heart
Everything is service. But after a certain point it becomes evident that you have to choose one or the other or else stagnate in a continual experience of the same catalyst. That is, your service to the Creator, which consists of bringing it experience, will begin to bring it less and less that is novel and more and more that is repetetive. The Spirit will tire of this and wish to move forward. It is at this point that the path of experience itself diverges. This divergence cannot be side-stepped. This is why service appears to take different shapes.
(11-02-2012, 09:35 AM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]You're such a bright light/love Lana !

Heart

Thank you, my brother. And so are you! Heart
service (on the positive path) is a response to a calling.

otherwise, service rendered (despite best intentions) has the possibility of infringing free will.

- -

Ra gives quite a few examples of positive service (past life readings, healing) where offering the service was the cause of positivity rather than the actual act itself (which may or may not have been helpful to the recipient who requested the service).

basically answering a call for help.

wisdom also informs when one should or shouldn't answer a call.

Shin'Ar

(11-01-2012, 11:25 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]If the meal is prepared with love and light, does it matter who it is served to? Or even if it is eaten?

It matters in the discernment of that which is being consumed, in that what may be a plate of darkness can be easily deceptively offered as a serving of light.

There is consequence involved in ingesting poison, as is often revealed here in our own community.

The wolf in sheep's clothing has a service to perform as well and in many cases is extremely skilled in such service.

What is service?

It is not as simple as STO or STS. this is why we see such confusion in trying to establish those definitions as Ra presents them.

What Ra has tried to express and impress is that service relates very individually to the state of being of each field, involving both its experience and memory, and the Divine process of being cannot be categorized into individual experience because it results in the All. So the very process itself evolves as a paradox, because it is a paradox by design.

This is why those who recognize that STS is effected in every time we offer STS, and attempt to use that dilemma as a stepping stone to authorize self gratification.

Service is not a matter of category. It is a matter of effort, and the consequences of each effort manifests as the All. This is why Ra states that each path leads toward the One.

It is not in our categorizing that we come to evolve in understanding. It is in those efforts of discerning and becoming aware of the consequences which shall manifest from those efforts.

And so, when you are able to understand such divine process, you offer both service to others, as the evolving All, and service to self, as the evolving fragment.
(11-11-2012, 09:01 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]service (on the positive path) is a response to a calling.

Is it not also a response to a call by those on the negative path? For example, when humanity began detonating nuclear weapons, didn't that constitute a call for control?

Quote:where offering the service was the cause of positivity rather than the actual act itself

That's interesting! So it is something behind the action which constitutes the service...

(11-12-2012, 10:40 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]It matters in the discernment of that which is being consumed, in that what may be a plate of darkness can be easily deceptively offered as a serving of light.

Yes, but the food is the "end product." Which is why I am prone to suggest that the service really has little to do with what is being offered. Rather- what is the identity behind the offering?

Quote:It is not as simple as STO or STS. this is why we see such confusion in trying to establish those definitions as Ra presents them.

But Ra didn't offer those definitions; L/L did. Ra just went along with it.

93.3 Wrote:It is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service to others and service to self due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity

111 Thread Redirect ---> Polarization and Polarity

Then, in an attempt to teach/learn beyond "ethics or activity" Ra offered to consider polarity in terms of a magnet.

As to the widespread confusion you refer to, remember:

2.1 Wrote:There are few who will grasp, without significant distortion, that which we communicate through this connection with this mind/body/spirit complex.

Quote:It is a matter of effort, and the consequences of each effort manifests as the All. This is why Ra states that each path leads toward the One.

Yes.

Quote:And so, when you are able to understand such divine process, you offer both service to others, as the evolving All, and service to self, as the evolving fragment.

Precisely. So what you are saying here is to include the small, fragmented self, as among the "others" to be served?

Shin'Ar

(11-12-2012, 12:10 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Precisely. So what you are saying here is to include the small, fragmented self, as among the "others" to be served?

What I am stating is that service is not a matter of 'identity', ( and I am not certain what you meant by that), but it is merely the manifestation of the Process of Being; a process which both incorporates the All and creates the All as a result.

the categorization of any individual fragment of the All does not impose upon nor deny the Divine process in any way.
When you realize our existence is all in the dream of the infinite creator, the answers become very clear.
(11-12-2012, 08:03 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]What I am stating is that service is not a matter of 'identity', ( and I am not certain what you meant by that), but it is merely the manifestation of the Process of Being; a process which both incorporates the All and creates the All as a result.

What I meant was, in offering the service, is an entity presenting an authentic representation of the Self/All? Or are they presenting a false identity?

Shin'Ar

(11-13-2012, 03:29 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2012, 08:03 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]What I am stating is that service is not a matter of 'identity', ( and I am not certain what you meant by that), but it is merely the manifestation of the Process of Being; a process which both incorporates the All and creates the All as a result.

What I meant was, in offering the service, is an entity presenting an authentic representation of the Self/All? Or are they presenting a false identity?

it seems like you are speaking of the difference between sincere intention or attempt to achieve deceitfully. Is this what you mean?

I am in agreement with most of what you have spoken here.

I think what you are saying is that regardless of what path any fragment follows, even if it is unconsciously, the result will be the furthering of evolution of The One.

But is the end result not how we determine the path or service to arriving there?

In other words, if the end result is a creation of hate and bitterness, is it not rational to define the path that brought it to that point a hateful and bitter path? And how would such rationale decide the defining of service of the All which brought it to that point?

The Process of Being is naturally determining the result of the state of being of The One to come.

Whether or not we, as components of that process, would endeavor to effect that process in such a way that the 'will be' results in a creation of love rather than hate, light rather than dark, harmony rather than selfishness, or self gratification, or ignorance of true identity, is the true aspect of service and the means to differentiating.
(11-13-2012, 03:29 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]What I meant was, in offering the service, is an entity presenting an authentic representation of the Self/All? Or are they presenting a false identity?

(11-13-2012, 06:14 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]it seems like you are speaking of the difference between sincere intention or attempt to achieve deceitfully. Is this what you mean?

<--- 111 Thread Redirect Identity! BigSmile

What I mean is... is the entity offering the service practicing "Know Thyself" and moving closer to their True Identity? This is why I would suggest that who is offering the service is more important than to whom it is offered.

Shin'Ar

(11-14-2012, 11:02 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2012, 03:29 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]What I meant was, in offering the service, is an entity presenting an authentic representation of the Self/All? Or are they presenting a false identity?

(11-13-2012, 06:14 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]it seems like you are speaking of the difference between sincere intention or attempt to achieve deceitfully. Is this what you mean?

<--- 111 Thread Redirect Identity! BigSmile

What I mean is... is the entity offering the service practicing "Know Thyself" and moving closer to their True Identity? This is why I would suggest that who is offering the service is more important than to whom it is offered.

And that is where I redirect you back to the Other thread in which I point out the very crucial aspect of The Other in sacrifice of self.

I agree with your thinking, I just think that you are not quite in full understanding of the true dynamics.