Bring4th

Full Version: Google Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Meerie

Hey,
does anyone of you know how to download a programme on how to convert youtube videos into mp3 files on google chrome?
I am having a problem with it.. I also installed addblocker - I cannot enter the menu, I do not have that little screwdriver icon next to the bookmarks that should be there.
Pausing addblock does not seem to work either.
Suggestions?

Update...
I found Lanas converter that she mentioned on the homecoming thread and it does not work on google chrome
Apparently google chrome does not let it.
???
I am getting more and more pissed at google chrome now...
google which owns youtube and developed the chrome browser does not allow you to download youtube videos. its against their terms of service Section 5b

Quote:Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, make available online or electronically transmit, publish, adapt, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.

im sure they prohibit the development of any plugin that would allow you to do this with their browser

Meerie

Thank you Smile
Weird though they seem to have a converter in their webstore...
it doesn't work though, duh Tongue

btw do you think they dont want any browser next to google chrome either?
o.O
I tried to download firefox again, but it wouldn't let me...
can that be? Can they be that "fascist"???
(11-04-2012, 05:12 PM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]By the way do you think they dont want any browser next to google chrome either?
o.O
I tried to download firefox again, but it wouldn't let me...
can that be? Can they be that "fascist"???

i've got both running and i just tried downloading firefox from chrome and it worked so i dont think that's the case. maybe your having some other comp trouble im not familiar with. sorry i cant be much help with that one.
you could also try
http://www.snipmp3.com/
Meerie - overthrow that totalitarian browser lol no one needs to 'deny permission' to download stuff :p
don't you threaten to leave the almighty prophet "GOOGLE" :-P we have ninja birds trained to track down deserters.....
Erase extensions, check for updates for newer versions, reboot, then try again. If not, overthrow lol.

Meerie

Liet and Jacrob, your links didn't work either, as already mentioned above, google chrome does not allow me to use these converters.
Lol at Coni and Rie Tongue

I am kinda scared now (don't mess with chrome!!! Confused )
will wait till I get IT assistance here at my home till I proceed any further
"sighs"

This link however does seem to work,
thanks to Mr Conifer, loyal knight and humble servant to her majesty the Queen...
http://www.listentoyoutube.com/index.php
maybe someone else has the problem too and can benefit from it
Smile