Bring4th

Full Version: why do we need channeling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How are you all doing? I want to share a thought:
I've now started my 2nd yea in university studying Philosophy and Psychology, and what i have to say has something to do with both.

The more i study philosophy and different philosophers the more i see that different ideas i heard from channels have all been thought about before. Even from the time of ancient Greece many ideas have already existed. Also the ideas about free will, choice and the nature of existence have all been heavily discussed since the 17th century.

Why am i telling you this? because it makes me wonder. First about the authenticity of many channels, and second about why do we even need them?
Is it only because its easier for us humans to take knowledge coming from a "higher being" as true, or maybe also because its easier for us to doubt a fellow human being. Is it all about the idea of higher authority?

Im not making a stand here, just wanted to let my thoughts out Smile
I do not think we "need" channeling. But it is important to realize that there are many things that motivate people, and we are all different in our preferences, fears and catalysts as well. There are people who have a preference towards religions that take their power away. There are people who have a preference towards self-empowering belief systems. Some might entertain the idea that they are coming up with someting "alone", some might want to hear it from others first, then refine. Hence "channeling".

Also, I cant emphasize this enough, at one point, the very idea of channeling needs to be understood. Everything we do is channeling. Every act, every thought, everything. That is the nature of our existence, as far as I understand.
Quote:The more i study philosophy and different philosophers the more i see that different ideas i heard from channels have all been thought about before. Even from the time of ancient Greece many ideas have already existed. Also the ideas about free will, choice and the nature of existence have all been heavily discussed since the 17th century.

Remember that each individuals attract exactly the kind of information it "needs". "Each entity will receive the opportunity that each needs". Those philosophers might have been impressed by some 'higher dimentional being', or even be wanderers themselves of those very 'higher dimentional being group'. Anyone with higher energy centers active can tap into the collective or cosmic sea of consciousness to bring informations.

Quote:Why am i telling you this? because it makes me wonder. First about the authenticity of many channels, and second about why do we even need them?
Is it only because its easier for us humans to take knowledge coming from a "higher being" as true, or maybe also because its easier for us to doubt a fellow human being. Is it all about the idea of higher authority?

For some people channeling are trusthworthy, for others a "fellow human being" is trusthworthy. The authority matter is a personal one. This is just a matter of giving opportunity for each individual to get their 'guidance'. Some will get information via channeling, other with dreams, others with old philosophers, lyrics, anything. The message is important, the messenger is not. The delivery method used is just the one most appropriate to your own distortion.

Some channellings (like the Law of One) are just here because the 'seeking' is simply here. For advanced seeker, advanced informations.

Everything has a place, and everything has a purpose.
Thank you both.

i understand the idea that "Everything we do is channeling" but i meant specifically the kind of channeling offered by Darryl Anka (Bashar) and others.

My point being that most of the information was already here, and some has been for a very long time. I was looking for thought on the matter not based on the Law of One. You can answer anything with LOO philosophy, that doesn't necessarily make it true.

This actually brings me to another thing that I've been thinking about. LOO leaves you with the impression that any great achievement mankind has made (science or philosophy) was either thanks to a 'higher dimensional being' having something to do with it, or the person being a wanderer...this kind of leads to infinite regression. It also discredits humans in the way that they couldn't have reached the thought independently.
I'm pretty sure the LOO can answer that, that's exactly the problem.

(11-07-2012, 09:22 AM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I cant emphasize this enough, at one point, the very idea of channeling needs to be understood. Everything we do is channeling. Every act, every thought, everything. That is the nature of our existence, as far as I understand.

Ditto to this by Oldern.

Everything in the Bible was channeled, also. There seems to be tendency in religious groups to rigidify and attempt to codify their beliefs and teachings, and one way they have done this is by saying:

"Everything that comes after this is false. God will no longer speak to anyone else in the future, so don't believe anything anyone else tells you."

We are paradigm breakers because we believe that God is Now, and cannot be put into any kind of container or box.

Of course all the great masters and teachers of the past were paradigm breakers also. Their followers, however (or at least some of them) couldn't handle or perhaps couldn't grasp the concepts.

One last thing - channeled material varies in value and accuracy - the monkey mind can monkey with it.

What you read here is my opinion only.
you can be a paradigm breaker, you are still inside another paradigm...
I appreciate your opinion, and i don't mean to be rude, but i think it has little to do with this thread.

Unbound

Such channeling I have always viewed as being the way it is because in the western societal thought paradigm there was no recognition of "inner wisdom", or the capacity to retrieve information from the unconscious.

What is significant is not the "newness" of the information, but the newness of the sources and a show that this information is contained within anyone. We do not "need" channels, but neither are they useless.

If I am thinking correctly, then really, all the ancient wisdom we have seen was likely "channeled" by the individuals who made connections in those fields and vistas of consciousness.

That being said, I think the whole idea of the channeling phenomenon first appeared to create a mainstream, accessible image of the Higher Self, and to embed a concept in western society of the levels of consciousness.

To me, the reiteration of the same information through many "channels" is an amazing example of the way that information or knowledge is actually transcendental, it goes beyond the temporal form. Thus, the channeling phenomenon has become a new exploration in to the realities of metaphysics, and consciousness.

That all being said, so far, I haven't found any reason to discount certain sources as being genuine impressional communications between fields of consciousness, between human forms and perhaps "higher beings".

Also, I don't think there needs to be "competitive" thought in terms of "higher beings" and "wanderers". I don't think the LOO suggests that every major human advancement came with these, nor that humans are helpless on their own, but rather that there is a dynamic which exists between different types and levels of consciousness and they are all involved with eachother.

So I guess rather than saying that "these things are because of this", we can say that these are parallel arising phenomenon, there is no better or worse, simply that in terms of evolution and development these are the mechanisms by which consciousness informs itself. Everyone is connected to higher beings, and many wanderers make no significant societal impact.
Why do we need intuition?
We are paradigm breakers who are able to live in many different paradigms simultaneously. Philosophical and psychological theories are, in some sense, disconnected from human experience and wisdom when learned in academia... though, as we live out in the world (experience the world), this knowledge becomes more of a living wisdom.

Philosophies themselves are rooted in human experience and wisdom, though many are laden with assumptions and biases of the philosophers/theorists. Thus, the purpose of channeling/communication by high density being as Ra (and I only talk about Ra material) is perhaps to carefully examine/better understanding of cosmic laws, while being mindful of the distortions and errors that we 3D beings are prone to make.

Not everybody is into philosophy or psychology, or have interests in this area, though spiritually adept/oriented people are natural philosophers and psychologists... Then, quality channeling may be an alternate form of learning and understanding. Why not get help from higher density beings? They have the knowledge, compassion, and wisdom to share things with us, so it's great to accept what they offer with gratitude. When a younger person is eager to learn, we love to teach them... and when we meet wise people, we love to learn from them. It is a natural part of us.

Unbound

I would also mention that cooperation is the basic mode of the cosmos, that is how anything is able to evolve is through the cooperation of systems.
Thinking is channeling. We take thoughts. Smile
(11-07-2012, 10:30 AM)LetGo Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you both.

i understand the idea that "Everything we do is channeling" but i meant specifically the kind of channeling offered by Darryl Anka (Bashar) and others.

My point being that most of the information was already here, and some has been for a very long time. I was looking for thought on the matter not based on the Law of One. You can answer anything with LOO philosophy, that doesn't necessarily make it true.

LoO is true if it resonates with you. If it does not resonate with you, you should leave it at the wayside.

That being said, for me, the secret to resonating with the LOO material for me was vibrating at my "green ray energy center". I had embraced compassion for non-spiritual reasons not as a mental thing, but as a vibration heart thing, 110% a few weeks before I found the material. So ultimately it was my heart, not my mind, that the philosophy resonated with.

I think many times, we can know something (ie, all are one), but we do not "vibrate" with that knowledge, or to put it another way, that knowledge is not in the core of our being. I've had many a friend tell me that they acknowledge I mentioned a spiritual truth, but they had to "understand it" in their own way. I know that's also personally been true with the following statements:

"My heart warms to hear you say that"
"Don't let it get to your head"
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

I thought I understood them at a mental level, but that never made them resonate with me till I really just had personal experiences that struck home that knowledge.

Quote:This actually brings me to another thing that I've been thinking about. LOO leaves you with the impression that any great achievement mankind has made (science or philosophy) was either thanks to a 'higher dimensional being' having something to do with it, or the person being a wanderer...this kind of leads to infinite regression. It also discredits humans in the way that they couldn't have reached the thought independently.
I'm pretty sure the LOO can answer that, that's exactly the problem.

I'm not sure I have the same impression. There is talk of wanderers, but there is also talk of humans who achieved many things (not necessarily good things) including Saint Augustine, Saint Teresa, and Saint Francis of Assisi, George Patton, Dwight Eisenhower, The Roosevelts, Adolf Hitler, Genghis Khan just to name a few.

If knowing truth mentally was enough to spiritually evolve, we'd all be basically one with source.

It's knowing truth at a deeper level than mentally - it's knowing it vibrationally, that brings us closer to the source.

Develop that latter form of knowing, and I think you find out what we mean when we talk of resonance. Good luck in your journey!
I think ultimately we don't need most things. It's more a matter of what you need to achieve certain desires be it suffering, joy, or drama or whatever. The human desire is what creates the need. It doesn't exist in and of itself.

Channeling is just a tool used to accomplish said desires. Just like everything else around us.
(11-07-2012, 09:05 AM)LetGo Wrote: [ -> ]How are you all doing? I want to share a thought:
I've now started my 2nd yea in university studying Philosophy and Psychology, and what i have to say has something to do with both.

The more i study philosophy and different philosophers the more i see that different ideas i heard from channels have all been thought about before. Even from the time of ancient Greece many ideas have already existed. Also the ideas about free will, choice and the nature of existence have all been heavily discussed since the 17th century.

Why am i telling you this? because it makes me wonder. First about the authenticity of many channels, and second about why do we even need them?
Not only that, some of the ancient philosophy is much more sophisticated, "pure", and relevant than what the relatively uncommitted channel's bias is ever capable of providing. What some channels do is provide yet another approach, or explanation for the exact same info. This is a necessary thing here because in order to appreciate something new, a bridge must be constructed from old info to new info. Different explanations provide different bridges.
(11-08-2012, 12:22 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Not only that, some of the ancient philosophy is much more sophisticated, "pure", and relevant than what the relatively uncommitted channel's bias is ever capable of providing. What some channels do is provide yet another approach, or explanation for the exact same info. This is a necessary thing here because in order to appreciate something new, a bridge must be constructed from old info to new info. Different explanations provide different bridges.

Quote:1.0 ...We hope to offer you a somewhat different slant upon the information which is always and ever the same.

BigSmile
(11-07-2012, 09:37 AM)Vasistha Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that each individuals attract exactly the kind of information it "needs". "Each entity will receive the opportunity that each needs". Those philosophers might have been impressed by some 'higher dimentional being', or even be wanderers themselves of those very 'higher dimentional being group'. Anyone with higher energy centers active can tap into the collective or cosmic sea of consciousness to bring informations.

Everything has a place, and everything has a purpose.

this is extremely true. The law of attraction applies to information as well.

- -

also note that while there are public sources of channeling (a la the Law of One, Q'uo, Seth), the more important guidance and influence lies in one's dreams and higher self. This can be directly invoked for an accelerated path.

Shin'Ar

(11-07-2012, 09:05 AM)LetGo Wrote: [ -> ]How are you all doing? I want to share a thought:

Im not making a stand here, just wanted to let my thoughts out Smile

And HERE is the exact connection and process of which I speak.

After posting a reply in THIS thread

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...#pid104343

The very next post I read was yours which speaks directly to what I posted there.

My ability to follow guidance is keen and evolved to a high degree, depending of course on what is used by comparison. And in following such guidance this morning this has resulted.

Next is the effort of discerning the meaning and direction intended. and THAT is where it becomes a personal venture in which only The One and The other can share.

(11-08-2012, 12:22 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

Not only that, some of the ancient philosophy is much more sophisticated, "pure", and relevant than what the relatively uncommitted channel's bias is ever capable of providing. What some channels do is provide yet another approach, or explanation for the exact same info. This is a necessary thing here because in order to appreciate something new, a bridge must be constructed from old info to new info. Different explanations provide different bridges.

I am stunned by your understanding Zen. There are few in this world who understand this. Well spoken.
By "ancient philosophy" are you referring to ancient Greece?
We don't. But it's nice to have guidance.
(11-12-2012, 04:24 PM)LetGo Wrote: [ -> ]By "ancient philosophy" are you referring to ancient Greece?
Sure, I'd include Greek philosophers in there. Also Eastern: Tao, Diamond Sutra and my friend Hui-Neng.