Bring4th

Full Version: Polarization and Polarity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is much talk of "polarization" and "polarity", but what do these terms mean? In our world, there are many different kinds of polarization. The Wikipedia entry on polarization discusses 13 different kinds of polarization, just in the physical sciences alone.

Two of these kinds are the ones most commonly known as they are taught in high school level chemistry and physics. These are ionic polarization and magnetic polarization.

In the Ra material, they speak of polarization of consciousness in terms of magnetic polarization.

They also talk a lot about crystals. However, a crystal gains polarity by the process of ionic polarization.

These are two different processes. As this might be a source of confusion, I would offer some clarification:

Ionic polarization is a process which occurs by means of separation of charges in a crystal. The most common crystal being water. Crystals require energy input in order to maintain polarity, or "charge."

Magnetic polarization is a process which occurs by means of alignment of molecules in a ferromagnetic material. These are elements which can become permanent magnets that do not require additional energy input in order to maintain polarity, or "charge."

In the context of the Ra material, the type of polarization which precedes harvest is the kind which is analogous to magnetic polarization.

93.3 Wrote:Questioner: Thank you. You have stated previously that the foundation of our present illusion is the concept of polarity. I would like to ask, since we have defined the two polarities as service to others and service to self, is there a more complete or eloquent or enlightening definition of these polarities or any more information that we don’t have at this time that you could give on the two ends of the poles that would give us a better insight into the nature of polarity itself?

Ra: I am Ra. It is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service to others and service to self due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity. However, we might consider the polarities using slightly variant terms. In this way a possible enrichment of insight might be achieved for some.

One might consider the polarities with the literal nature enjoyed by the physical polarity of the magnet. The negative and positive, with their electrical characteristics, may be seen to be just as in the physical sense. It is to be noted in this context that it is quite impossible to judge the polarity of an act or an entity, just as it is impossible to judge the relative goodness of the negative and positive poles of the magnet.

Another method of viewing polarities might involve the concept of radiation/absorption. That which is positive is radiant; that which is negative is absorbent.
Without ionic there is no magnetic.

Follow the ion. Follow the thought. Form follows.
(11-07-2012, 10:09 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Without ionic there is no magnetic.

No, it is the opposite of that. It is because the electron is, itself, a magnet, that ionization can occur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferromagnetism

Quote:One of the fundamental properties of an electron (besides that it carries charge) is that it has a dipole moment, i.e., it behaves itself as a tiny magnet. This dipole moment comes from the more fundamental property of the electron that it has quantum mechanical spin. The quantum mechanical nature of this spin causes the electron to only be able to be in two states, with the magnetic field either pointing "up" or "down" (for any choice of up and down). The spin of the electrons in atoms is the main source of ferromagnetism, although there is also a contribution from the orbital angular momentum of the electron about the nucleus. When these tiny magnetic dipoles are aligned in the same direction, their individual magnetic fields add together to create a measurable macroscopic field.

Quote:Follow the ion. Follow the thought. Form follows.

"weave and spin, weave and spin, this is how the work begins
mend and heal, mend and heal, take the dream and make it real...."

Only problem is- magic doesn't make things real. It just makes illusions appear real.
I am glad wikipedia is used to further your spiritual understanding.
(11-07-2012, 10:21 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I am glad wikipedia is used to further your spiritual understanding.

That's pretty hilarious! BigSmile You are right. Here are some more reliable sources:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hba...ferro.html

Quote:Ferromagnetism manifests itself in the fact that a small externally imposed magnetic field, say from a solenoid, can cause the magnetic domains to line up with each other and the material is said to be magnetized.

Ferromagnets will tend to stay magnetized to some extent after being subjected to an external magnetic field. This tendency to "remember their magnetic history" is called hysteresis.

Here's a good 15-page textbook summary for the more serious student.

http://media.wiley.com/product_data/exce...310322.pdf
I greatly like the topic and the discussion material of this thread. Please continue posting on your explorations here, if possible. At the moment, I only vaguely understand; but I deeply know that this topic is of great spiritual importance for the seeker. Please continue along, if possible, with your explorations and post it here. Thank you.
There are 1st-density-phenomena analogs existing all densities.
The "time" of 1D time/space becomes the principle of "mind" at 2D, for example.
polarization
A special property of light; light has three properties, brightness, color and polarization. Polarization is a condition in which the planes of vibration of the various rays in a light beam are at least partially aligned.

Apart from that, ions can create light, and light can create magnetic fields. If we are trying to return to the "light" I imagine the magnetic fields that form matter are created by that light.

You can store energy in a magnetic field. Same as a human, we are like a capacitor while the only thing that holds us together is the magnetic field. If you think increasing magnetic polarity is the key to Ra's polarizing, it will also involve moving yourself closer to the core of the planet. Not exactly what most are aiming for.

(11-07-2012, 10:27 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Ferromagnetism manifests itself in the fact that a small externally imposed magnetic field, say from a solenoid, can cause the magnetic domains to line up with each other and the material is said to be magnetized.

Ferromagnets will tend to stay magnetized to some extent after being subjected to an external magnetic field. This tendency to "remember their magnetic history" is called hysteresis.

Here's a good 15-page textbook summary for the more serious student.

http://media.wiley.com/product_data/exce...310322.pdf
A solenoid? Isn't that a coil? Doesn't that need to be energized before it will create a magnetic field? Wait, that wouldn't be ions and electrons for electricity would it?
(11-07-2012, 11:41 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]There are 1st-density-phenomena analogs existing all densities.
The "time" of 1D time/space becomes the principle of "mind" at 2D, for example.

Yes, that's what I would assume. Unfortunately, they don't talk about too many other analogs in the material.

My point in posting this is that if the student has the wrong analog of polarization in mind, they are likely going to become confused and arrive at many incorrect conclusions.

(11-08-2012, 03:49 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]polarization
A special property of light; light has three properties, brightness, color and polarization. Polarization is a condition in which the planes of vibration of the various rays in a light beam are at least partially aligned.

Light polarization is yet another phenomenon from ionic polarization and magnetic polarization. But similar to magnetic polarization it results from alignment of photons.

Quote:Apart from that, ions can create light,

How do they do this?

Quote:and light can create magnetic fields.

How does it do this?

Quote:If we are trying to return to the "light" I imagine the magnetic fields that form matter are created by that light.

Matter isn't formed by magnetic fields. Magnetic fields are formed by the alignment of matter. Or light.

Quote:You can store energy in a magnetic field.

Yes. But what does that have to do with polarization?

Quote:Same as a human, we are like a capacitor while the only thing that holds us together is the magnetic field.

Also, electric fields.

Quote:If you think increasing magnetic polarity is the key to Ra's polarizing,

No. Magnetic polarization is the analog which Ra used to describe polarization of consciousness.

Quote:A solenoid? Isn't that a coil? Doesn't that need to be energized before it will create a magnetic field? Wait, that wouldn't be ions and electrons for electricity would it?

Yes, in this example they are talking about using an electrically-charged solenoid to generate a magnetic field. But it is not at all necessary to use a solenoid. Any strong enough magnetic field will do.

What is important is that the molecules in the polarized matter have become aligned. How they became aligned is irrelevant.

(11-07-2012, 11:03 PM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]I greatly like the topic and the discussion material of this thread. Please continue posting on your explorations here, if possible. At the moment, I only vaguely understand; but I deeply know that this topic is of great spiritual importance for the seeker. Please continue along, if possible, with your explorations and post it here. Thank you.

You're welcome. But I don't think there's that much more to it. The main points are:

1. Ionic polarization and magnetic polarization are two different things.
2. Magnetic polarization is the analog Ra used to describe the polarization of consciousness.

The main difference between these two kinds of polarization is that ionic polarization results from separation and magnetic polarization from alignment.

If, for example, the seeker were to confuse which of these two types of polarization were the correct analog for polarization of consciousness, they might mistakenly conclude that it has something to do with the "separation of positive and negative charges". This is incorrect.

Rather the polarization of consciousness has to to with the alignment of the mind with identity, or the Law of One.

The Law of One states that "self" and "other" are identical, but according to the alignment of consciousness there are two distortions which emerge from this. These are "other as self" and "self as other."

Those entities whose minds align with "other as self" are said to polarize on the "positive path" and those that align with "self as other" polarize along the "negative path."
(11-08-2012, 09:34 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If you think increasing magnetic polarity is the key to Ra's polarizing,

No. Magnetic polarization is the analog which Ra used to describe polarization of consciousness.
Meanwhile the Creator lies within. In the north pole the crown is already upon the head and the entity is potentially a god. This energy is brought into being by the humble and trusting acceptance of this energy through meditation and contemplation of the self and of the Creator.

Where these energies meet is where the serpent will have achieved its height. When this uncoiled energy approaches universal love and radiant being the entity is in a state whereby the harvestability of the entity comes nigh.

Quote:What is important is that the molecules in the polarized matter have become aligned. How they became aligned is irrelevant.
Cool, so we can build a machine that will polarize us and increase the harvest?
(11-08-2012, 01:41 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:What is important is that the molecules in the polarized matter have become aligned. How they became aligned is irrelevant.

Isn't that what Ra tried with the great pyramid?
You said it yourself. A crystal needs energy input to charge or polarize. Magnetic does not need a charge because it "already is". You are answering your own questions from the get go.BigSmile
(11-07-2012, 09:50 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Ionic polarization is a process which occurs by means of separation of charges in a crystal. The most common crystal being water. Crystals require energy input in order to maintain polarity, or "charge."

Magnetic polarization is a process which occurs by means of alignment of molecules in a ferromagnetic material. These are elements which can become permanent magnets that do not require additional energy input in order to maintain polarity, or "charge."

57.6 crystalline regularity of frozen light which is the crystal.

29.30 crystal serving as an analog of the violet ray of mind/body/spirit in relatively undistorted form.

Quote:51.7 Questioner: You spoke at an earlier time of rotational speeds of energy centers. Am I correct in assuming that this is a function of the blockage of the energy center so that when it is less blocked, the speed of rotation is higher and the energy instreaming is greater?

Ra: I am Ra. You are partially correct. In the first three energy centers a full unblocking of this energy will create speeds of rotation. As the entity develops the higher energy centers, however, these centers will then begin to express their nature by forming crystal structures. This is the higher or more balanced form of activation of energy centers as the space/time nature of this energy is transmuted to the time/space nature of regularization and balancing.

(11-08-2012, 01:45 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2012, 01:41 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]

Isn't that what Ra tried with the great pyramid?

Only in the physical analog sense.
Edit: in the magnetic sense.

Might also consider how ions radiate from the brain as well. Might connect that to the mystical halo.
(11-08-2012, 01:55 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]You said it yourself. A crystal needs energy input to charge or polarize. Magnetic does not need a charge because it "already is". You are answering your own questions from the get go.BigSmile

But I wasn't asking questions. I was making statements. BigSmile

Quote:57.6 crystalline regularity of frozen light which is the crystal.

29.30 crystal serving as an analog of the violet ray of mind/body/spirit in relatively undistorted form.

Quote:51.7 Questioner: You spoke at an earlier time of rotational speeds of energy centers. Am I correct in assuming that this is a function of the blockage of the energy center so that when it is less blocked, the speed of rotation is higher and the energy instreaming is greater?

Ra: I am Ra. You are partially correct. In the first three energy centers a full unblocking of this energy will create speeds of rotation. As the entity develops the higher energy centers, however, these centers will then begin to express their nature by forming crystal structures. This is the higher or more balanced form of activation of energy centers as the space/time nature of this energy is transmuted to the time/space nature of regularization and balancing.

Yes, this is all great, and has to do with healing and balancing of the mind/body/spirit complex. Polarization of consciousness is a different thing. An entity may be healed and balanced, even if it does not display polarized consciousness.
I find the posts in this thread to be mostly (as I understand it) about the physics of polarity.

I'm assuming it's not necessary for me to understand the physics of it, in order to understand how to use this material in a practical way.

Quote:36.11 Questioner: These channels would then be opened by meditation and I am assuming that the intense polarization would help in this. Is this correct?
I guess this means: It helps to be either very, very good or very, very bad. Ha, ha, just kidding. It helps to be very dedicated to service to self or service to others.

Quote:63.18 Questioner: I am assuming that the reason for this is, first, since the entities of harvestable third-density who very recently have been coming here are coming here late enough so that they will not affect the polarization through their teachings. They are not infringing upon the first distortion because they are children now and they won’t be old enough to really affect any of the polarization until the transition is well advanced. However, the Wanderers who have come here are older and have a greater ability to affect the polarization. They must do their affecting as a function of their ability to penetrate the forgetting process in order to be within the first distortion. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is quite correct.

What the heck does this mean? "They will not affect the polarization through their teachings."

"the Wanderers...in order to be within the first distortion." What does that part mean? I understand it means that wanderers who have been here a while (you and I?) can affect the polarization of ... what? Mass consciousness? Presidential elections? the state of the oceans and air? What is it we are affecting by penetrating the forgetting process?"

What does it mean to "increase polarization"? Does it mean to focus more intensely on love and less on self?

Is polarization a kind of energy we use to fuel the spiritual journey back to source?
(11-12-2012, 03:38 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming it's not necessary for me to understand the physics of it, in order to understand how to use this material in a practical way.

It is not in any case necessary to understand it to derive practical applications of the philosophy. However, it would most certainly enhance the ability to do so. I think if you looked into the analogy of magnetic polarization more deeply, you might find the answers to those other questions.

A ferromagnetic material acquires polarization by alignment of the molecules. Once polarized, a magnet does not (usually) lose its polarization.

That's why it can be confusing to say a magnet is "charged." The idea of charging implies holding electric energy in a capacitor, like a battery or crystal. This is accomplished by the separation of charges according the the process of ionic polarization.

A magnet is typically polarized by placing it into a larger, stronger field. By analogy, our consciousness becomes polarized by placing it into a larger, stronger identity.

Quote:
Quote:36.11 Questioner: These channels would then be opened by meditation and I am assuming that the intense polarization would help in this. Is this correct?
Quote:I guess this means: It helps to be either very, very good or very, very bad. Ha, ha, just kidding. It helps to be very dedicated to service to self or service to others.

Ra says: "This is partially correct. Intense polarization does not necessarily develop, in the mind/body/spirit complex, the will or need to contact the Oversoul. Each path of life experience is unique. However, given the polarization, the will is greatly enhanced and vice-versa."

Quote:What is it we are affecting by penetrating the forgetting process?"

I think it is the propensity for other-selves to begin the path of polarization.

Quote:What does it mean to "increase polarization"?

I think it means to increase the alignment of consciousness with identity.

For those on the positive path this identity is: I AM THAT.
For those on the negative path this identity is: THAT I AM.

)((I AM (THAT) I AM))(

In both scenarios, polarization of consciousness occurs by application of the Law of One.

Quote:Does it mean to focus more intensely on love and less on self?

Not necessarily. It could even serve as a distraction.

27:12 Wrote:The term Love then may be seen as the focus, the choice of attack, the type of energy of an extremely, shall we say, high order which causes intelligent energy to be formed from the potential of intelligent infinity in just such and such a way. This then may be seen to be an object rather than an activity by some of your peoples, and the principle of this extremely strong energy focus being worshipped as the Creator instead of unity or oneness from which all Loves emanate.

Quote:Is polarization a kind of energy we use to fuel the spiritual journey back to source?

The polarized consciousness, "channels" identity through the Law of Attraction. Identity is the unpolarized (remember magnets attract unpolarized metal filings) "light of harvestable quality (85.11)"

It is the "light of harvestable quality" that returns to the Source. The polarized mind/body/spirit complex eventually disintegrates back into the dust from whence it came.
(11-08-2012, 01:41 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, so we can build a machine that will polarize us and increase the harvest?

There is such a machine. It is called the human body.
lol @ Tenet

sorry, I don't have anything else to add to that BigSmile

"laughter is the nectar of the gods"
NOOOO....The machine is called EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!
(11-08-2012, 01:41 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Where these energies meet is where the serpent will have achieved its height. When this uncoiled energy approaches universal love and radiant being the entity is in a state whereby the harvestability of the entity comes nigh.

I never paid attention to the reference of uncoiled energy, rather than coiled. Not sure what that means, other than beingness having no need for labeling what is positive or negative.
WOW......and here I thought it was just theyre fancy way of saying RIGHT and WRONG!!!!

hahahahaha.......such a simple mind........hahahahaha Blush
(11-30-2012, 12:15 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2012, 01:41 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Where these energies meet is where the serpent will have achieved its height. When this uncoiled energy approaches universal love and radiant being the entity is in a state whereby the harvestability of the entity comes nigh.

I never paid attention to the reference of uncoiled energy, rather than coiled. Not sure what that means, other than beingness having no need for labeling what is positive or negative.

Coiled = in potentiation?

Uncoiled = activated?
Could be.
My "coiled energy" is up to the heart. The kundalini.

Although all chakras are now activated, my DNA changes have only gone as high as the heart. I even experimented with this by grabbing all of my sexual energy and moving it upwards. It stopped at the heart and actually caused a little pain. When asking my other self about the pain it was a result of more DNA changes taking place. It also made me giddy and high like a drank waaaay too much coffee.

The amount of energy experienced was cool, but the pain sensation was unnerving.
I've been asking to have the love of a 4th density being. I feel DNA changes in my body as a whole. I used to have a problem where when I stood up my leg hurt a bit and it took some moments to be able to walk straight. Now I just walk normally.

Yeah, I get giddy too. But I notice also that more songs now move me to tears. I've also been doing full energy exchanges on a telepathic level with beings that to me appear very handsome and cute, that really get the energy going.
hey, thanks for the explanation Pickle. That makes a lot of sense.

even though all chakras are activated, one has a 'home chakra', a place from which one operates.

that makes a ton of sense. Ties together some other stuff I read.

cheers.
Yeah, its like that is the meeting point of my high and low energies. As more of an activist type it is logical that I work in the heart chakra, the mystical work done also in the same general area, the rose chakra.

There has been some sort of influence on my upper chakras, while recently activated, not yet put to full use. Only a couple days ago I became aware of an implant to my pineal area. Seems that we can have many many inactive implants, which activate at preset intervals. I think in my case it is best to self scan periodically for newly awakened issues just so that I am not pushing against "invisible" walls.
19.18 Questioner: I assume that an entity on either path can decide to change paths at any time and possibly retrace steps, the path changing being more difficult the farther along the path the change is made. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The further an entity has, what you would call, polarized, the more easily this entity may change polarity, for the more power and awareness the entity will have.

Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern.

19.19 Questioner: I believe we have a very important point here. It then seems that there is an extreme potential in this polarization the same as there is in electricity. We have a positive and negative pole. The more you build the charge on either of these, the more the potential difference and the greater the ability to do work, as we call it in the physical.

This would seem to me to be the same analogy that we have in consciousness. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is precisely correct.
(11-07-2012, 09:50 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]In the Ra material, they speak of polarization of consciousness in terms of magnetic polarization.

In the context of the Ra material, the type of polarization which precedes harvest is the kind which is analogous to magnetic polarization.

It is one of the terms that Ra used in order to describe polarity but it is not the most eloquent one they said...

Look one more time at the below quote:

Quote:
93.3 Wrote:Questioner: Thank you. You have stated previously that the foundation of our present illusion is the concept of polarity. I would like to ask, since we have defined the two polarities as service to others and service to self, is there a more complete or eloquent or enlightening definition of these polarities or any more information that we don’t have at this time that you could give on the two ends of the poles that would give us a better insight into the nature of polarity itself?

Ra: I am Ra. It is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service to others and service to self due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity. However, we might consider the polarities using slightly variant terms. In this way a possible enrichment of insight might be achieved for some.

One might consider the polarities with the literal nature enjoyed by the physical polarity of the magnet. The negative and positive, with their electrical characteristics, may be seen to be just as in the physical sense. It is to be noted in this context that it is quite impossible to judge the polarity of an act or an entity, just as it is impossible to judge the relative goodness of the negative and positive poles of the magnet.

Another method of viewing polarities might involve the concept of radiation/absorption. That which is positive is radiant; that which is negative is absorbent.

My understanding of the above Ra quote is that it is unlikely that there is a more eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service to others and service to self. However, Ra continues, we might also consider polarities using variant terms in order to possibly gain richer insight (for some).

Therefore, in my understanding, Ra is saying that magnetic polarization is one of these variant terms that one can use (other terms are radiation/absorption, and the one mentioned in the Pickle's post above, where Ra and Don used electricity), but Ra thought that service to others and service to self is the most eloquent or pithy term to use.

I want to address your other points which you made in The Choice thread:

In post 87 you said: "Again, when asked what would be a better way to look at polarization of consciousness rather than in terms of STS/STO, Ra suggested we pursue this line of inquiry of magnetic polarization."

As I mentioned above in this post, my understanding is that Ra suggested that we might think of polarization in variant terms, like that of magnetic polarization, in order to enrich our understanding, as thinking of polarization in terms of magnetic polarization could add some seeker's in their pursue of understanding this concept, but that service to self/others is the most eloquent one.

In post 89 you said: "Ra gave us not one, but two, other lines of inquiry to understand the polarization of consciousness by analogy. And yet we vehemently refuse to take their advice. Why? Is it not worth a couple hours out of our entire lives to learn something about magnetism, if it will help us to reach our aim?"

Yes, I agree. It can be most helpful for some to expand their understanding of polarity to study other terms of this concept used in the material.
Ankh- All I can say is, first: go and educate yourself about magnetic polarization and apply what you have learned by analogy to the idea of polarization of consciousness. Then- and only then- let me know what you have found. If you indeed find that the whole exercise was a waste of time, or that you ended up just being confused even more, then let me know and I will kindly stop flapping my jaws at you. You can even bill me for the hours you wasted in your study, and I will send you the funds. BigSmile

It's not at all that I think you need to understand the theory in order to polarize. I'm sure your spiritual growth is coming along just fine. Smile

But it would help with discussions, and explaining things to others. For example- many people have questions about, "Am I STS? Or STO?" or "Am I polarized enough?"... these questions arise out of a confusion about what kind of polarization Ra is referring to. If we had a correct understanding of the analogy, then these question would more often answer themselves, and we would also have an easier time answering them when they do arise.

For example, if we speak of polarization in terms of alignment (as in a magnet) the conversation will tend to go a certain way, and lead toward greater understanding. On the other hand, if we speak of polarization in terms of separation (as in a crystal) the conversation will go another way, and lead toward greater confusion.

In the meantime, let us take one more close look at this sentence:

Quote:It is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service to others and service to self due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity.

A simple rearrangement of the sentence will give us the correct read:

Quote:Due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity, it is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service to others and service to self.

Do you see? All I did was change the order of the two sentence fragments, and suddenly it is clear. Due to the... distortions... of ethics and activity... it is unlikely that there is a more pity or eloquent description.

What that means is... if we are willing to momentarily set aside our distortions to think of everything in terms of "ethics and activity" we might arrive at a more enlightened understanding of polarity. It doesn't mean to abandon ethics completely. What is means is that there might be some value to looking at the concept of polarization of consciousness outside of "ethics and activity".

I have found this value, and am trying to share it with you, my sister. Will you not accept this service?
"More enlightened" is a judgment imposed by you upon the material. "Less distorted" cannot even be assumed based on context. "Alternate" would be more accurate. Concepts of ethics are not less enlightened than concepts of existence. They are simply differently oriented.

Magnetic polarization is an excellent metaphor for this concept. Let us explore it further.

Assume that the m/b/s complex is composed of a clustering of particles, each of which has a spin, each a polarity. When the m/b/s complex as a whole is unpolarized, these particles have an apparently random orientation, giving no particularly strong overall polarization. In terms of existence, this generates a weak magnetic field. In terms of ethics, this produces alternately motivated actions: Sometimes you are generous, sometimes stingy. Sometimes you are selfless, sometimes selfish. Sometimes you accept, sometimes you control.

A moment of discovery occurs in the overall being. A coherent pattern is discovered, whether its influence began outside or inside the self is irrelevant. What matters is that the self (the m/b/s complex) discovered within itself the possibility for something more coherent than the confused, wishy-washy, contradictory, ineffective experience of unpolarized existence and ethics. This inner discovery is a unique discovery. Nothing can predict what will cause a m/b/s complex to prefer a coherent experience, nor can anything predict which kind of experience the m/b/s complex will choose, when that complex does choose. This experience, this choice, clearly happens in time/space, where a change occurs in the metaphysical analogue of the self, reflecting down into the physical self, generating more coherent patterns.

In other words, the more powerful magnetic source which can cause further polarization is the inner choice which occurs on a metaphysical level. This is why Christians place such importance upon being "saved." They're talking about this inner change, which cannot be accurately judged by anyone except the m/b/s complex herself.

But, each particle within the self is unique. Hence, each particle within the self has free will. Thus, even though it is a matter of choice to place oneself in the stronger field of the committed (or "initiated," to use a more specific term) time/space self, there are still further choices to be made. Namely, a choice must be made for every single new particle which comes into alignment with the greater field. Even though you are "saved," you still have many, many lessons before you, each one involving a microcosmic experience of the original choice that "saved" you. Furthermore, if you repeatedly choose against the original choice (this becomes especially possible in the case of a person who has only just made the commitment to a path of coherence), you will begin to create a secondary polarity within you which can counteract the effect of the original choice.

So, for example, imagine a heroin addict who has chosen to enjoy life as it is, and not as the heroin makes it. This person now has the capacity to experience genuine acquisition of power (no longer being enslaved to the drug), as well as the capacity to experience genuine love (no longer placing the drug as a higher priority than all other-selves). If said person is on a 12-step program, she will probably choose positive. However, it will soon be discovered that there are an abundance of habits which accompanied the junkie lifestyle, all of which are contradictory in terms of polarity, but subtly so. The newly sober junkie will feel that she is freed from all bondage and will not recognize just how much work is yet to be done. Perhaps she will get a job in a kitchen somewhere. She will discover that many of her abrasive traits drive people away from her and cause her to be a repulsive co-worker. But she has been saved, so maybe it is the fault of the other. If she chooses not to take responsibility for the way in which she is repulsed from her workplace, she is being offered an opportunity to choice either acceptance or control (thus, taking responsibility for the experience), but has refused it. In this way, an individual particle within the self is given the opportunity to choose. In our current case, the choice is deferred. The situation exacerbates and the ex-junkie is fired.

Our ex-junkie swears she will never let that happen again. She remembers how she used to manipulate people into giving her money when she was a junkie constantly looking for a fix, so she decides she will just import that skill into the workplace. Now she is equipped to avoid the humiliation of being fired. She gets another job and quickly schemes to get dirt on everyone, throw her weight around, and use all her other manipulative tactics in an effort to secure her work life.

She could have chosen acceptance, but she did not. She may still believe that it was God who saved her from heroin, and the deep identification with the original choice for positive still remains, but the choice to move in the direction of negative in the workplace can potentially overcome this original choice. Either way, the cognitive dissonance in this approach will eventually cause a face-off between the positively polarized parts of the self and the negatively polarized parts of the self.

So, magnetic polarization, though an excellent model for polarity in the sense of STS/STO, is still far from a simple model.

Furthermore, the holographic nature of reality entails that there is also a metaphysical correlate to ionic polarization. I think Tenet Nosce is right to dissociate this kind of polarization from the evolutionary path of choosing to polarize. However, that does not mean it does not play a role.

Ionic polarization, or separation of the positive from the negative, also occurs within the self. I described two opposed aspects of the self in the example of the junkie earlier. This kind of example illustrates the dynamic movements of the positive and negative within the self. When there is a smooth mixture of positive and negative within the self, there is no coherence whatsoever, no consistency, and nothing indicating a direction to move. However, when therre are pockets of polarized particles within the self, some positive, some negative, this creates polarization of the ionic variety. The magnetically polarized groups of particles act as singular units, each with a charge, each attracting the other, yet kept at a distance through whatever mechanism it is that separates them (usually complex belief patterns). The separation of positive and negative is called potential, and it by the existence of this potential that kinetic is possible. In terms of the ex-junkie, the negative attitudes at the workplace in contradistinction to the positive attitudes toward the release of a potent addiction will inevitably attract each other. Their separation creates the potential for an enormous amount of work, visible in the actions that result from inner conflict, energy poured into rationalizations which are designed to maintain the contradiction, and the ultimate drama which will result when the contradiction is faced head-on. Once this contradiction is resolved, the ex-junkie will be extraordinarily empowered in whichever direction she ultimately chooses, for this experience will inevitably give her an abundance of direct experience in terms of polarizing further.

Two perfectly balanced individuals have very little to learn from each other because there is no potential difference between the two and therefore no opportunity for work to be done. This is why complimentary personalities "magnetically attract." My magnetic field is weak or more negative in areas that your magnetic field may be strong or more positive. The converse will be true of you. Thus, when we come together, the potential is released, and I benefit from your strengths, while you benefit from mine. This is the mechanism of ionic polarity at work.

This mechanism also explains the separation which occurs at the end of third density. When each m/b/s complex becomes significantly polarized internally, there is less and less potential for work if the positive and negative units are closely intermingled. Only when they are separated from each other and allowed to increase their collective polarity (again, just as in the microcosm of the self, the ex-junkie being our example), is there great potential for work. Hence, the battle between STO and STS cannot occur unless the two are separated from each other. The purpose of this separation is precisely to experience this battle and the opportunities for service that it offers.

As always, the Choice happens at every moment, through each individual aspect of your self, each having free will, choosing for itself. When the macrocosmic Choice is made (when you are "saved"), this Choice influences the moment-to-moment choices, but it does not determine them, for free will is always and everywhere preserved. This is why two 5-D positive wanderers can incarnate on Venus in an effort to increase the harvest and be surprised (and dismayed) to find out that they had polarized negative in that incarnation.
Pages: 1 2