Bring4th

Full Version: An on-going awakening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first hint I had of the troubles of this world came to me in a dream when I was only a few years old. I was riding my tricycle down my street in the middle of the day. No one was around, and I was coming up to another street. I casually looked over to see down the other road, but what I saw was something completely different from what I had expected. A massive wall, that seemed to be made of dark looking, complex machines. It seemed to stretch on forever, and it scared the hell out of me. There was a large ominous clock on the wall, and as I stared at it, I had a distinct feeling that 'time had run out'. The feeling of dread and fear became so intense that I woke up screaming. Thankfully I never had that dream again. I was so young, I really had no idea what to make of it, so I pushed it in the back of my mind and soon forgotten about it.

Only now, much later on, do I realize the importance of that dream. Throughout my life I had been slacking, procrastinating. Giving into distractions of the world. It was when I heard of the looming disaster predictions of 2012 when I started to really question what was going on. I read 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl and found many alarming ideas and concepts that opened my eyes to spirituality and non-physical worlds. Before that, I was completely uninterested in religion, seeing corruption in almost every tradition I came across. I easily concluded something was seriously wrong with religion. After my first awakening through that book, I sought to know the spiritual side of life in an unfiltered way.

At that time, I was still heavily into video games, pop culture, and other material pursuits. I often felt that the world was a very painful place, and would keep to myself, playing games in what seemed to be far more interesting worlds. To be honest, I actually learned quite a lot from games! The Final Fantasy and Zelda series alone had a deep impact on my beliefs. I became obsessed with the concept of virtual reality, and often times at school, when I was in detention, I would visualize a virtual world where I had access to all kinds of programs. This later on transferred into dreams, when I came across the concept of lucid dreaming. It made me seriously consider how much time I had wasted sleeping, forgetting countless dreams, when I could have been harnessing the unlimited potential of my dreaming mind.

Some time went by before a friend of mine showed me a movie called What The Bleep! which completely made me rethink how reality was structured. Not long after that, I found The Secret, and then Abraham Hicks, which made me realize even more how I had my own personal connection to the universe at large. Struggling with apathy, I had a hard time figuring out how to create a better life for myself.

Soon after this I came across the Law of One through David Wilcock, in one of his video interviews. I didn't know what to make of it at first, but as I read deeper, and got to the actual Ra communication, I realized I had found a source of knowledge that was so pure, and so giving, that it trumped all other teachings and traditions I had found in the past. I deepened my perspective of the Law of Attraction, and helped synthesize my feelings of science and spirit through Ra's teachings of balancing and evolution of the mind.

From what I learned in the teachings of Abraham, I knew that every time I read sacred texts, I would always net an improved understanding. So I read it over and over. And I still am!

Would I consider myself a wanderer? I'm not sure. What I do know is that I play a role in this world, and I plan on making it about serving others through love and light.

Thank you for reading!
Welcome friend !

You probably heard this Zen saying: "Before Enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water; After Enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water"

I still play video games after having stopped for a short while. Wink
Welcome Willis - I'm so pleased you found us!
(11-10-2012, 07:56 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome friend !

You probably heard this Zen saying: "Before Enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water; After Enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water"

Thank you Patrick for that wonderful link! Very inspiring.

I do still play video games too, recently been a little addicted to Minecraft, but nothing serious Tongue
What a beautiful aim you have set, thank you Willis!

Welcome .)

(11-10-2012, 07:56 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]I still play video games after having stopped for a short while. Wink

I play em too, its a balanced thing for meh .P
But I have stopped as well and probably will again because of my perception of things.. Life is grand Smile

Cyan

(11-10-2012, 07:56 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome friend !

I hate to admit it but I'm afraid to get back to playin gbecause I know I was kind of a gigolo douchebag in my video games even though I was and tried to really really hard be a good guy, even though it sometimes failed spectacularly.

I'm afraid to go back on account of the fact that some of the women i'n the games i've yet to finish probably have several words to say to me that I may not like to hear at this... fragile... fragile.. time for this instrument.... BigSmile