Bring4th

Full Version: How and What to Teach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is the definite urge to share what I know, whether that be through a blog, book, or local discussion group meet-ups. However, there is also something within that feels it may not be appropriate.

Here are a collection of related quotes with my thoughts.

Quote:Firstly, you must understand that the distinction between yourself and others is not visible to us. We do not consider that a separation exists between the consciousness-raising efforts of the distortion which you project as a personality and the distortion which you project as an other personality. Thus, to learn is the same as to teach unless you are not teaching what you are learning; in which case you have done you/they little or no good.

I feel this may not be a reference towards espousing belief, but belief in action. In other words, adhering to the Law of Responsibility. Once something is learned, it must be taught through your very being/response to catalyst.

Quote:Each of those in this group is striving to use, digest, and diversify the information which we are sending this instrument into the channels of the mind/body/spirit complex without distortion. The few whom you will illuminate by sharing your light are far more than enough reason for the greatest possible effort. To serve one is to serve all. Therefore, we offer the question back to you to state that indeed it is the only activity worth doing: to learn/teach or teach/learn. There is nothing else which is of aid in demonstrating the original thought except your very being, and the distortions that come from the unexplained, inarticulate, or mystery-clad being are many. Thus, to attempt to discern and weave your way through as many group mind/body/spirit distortions as possible among your peoples in the course of your teaching is a very good effort to make.

What is a person's very being? The difficulty here is that the group was performing a magical working, which they intended to share. They didn't necessarily have a "teaching" to share, rather it was their experience that would be shared.

Quote:However, if it be your desire to share our communications with others we have the distortion towards a perception that this would be most helpful in regularizing and crystallizing your own patterns of vibration upon the levels of experience which you call the life. If one is illuminated, are not all illuminated? Therefore, we are oriented towards speaking for you in whatever supply of speakingness you may desire. To teach/learn is the Law of One in one of its most elementary distortions.

Nothing to elaborate on.

Quote:Contact with indigo ray need not necessarily show itself in any certain gift or guidepost, as you have said. There are some whose indigo energy is that of pure being and never is manifested, yet all are aware of such an entity’s progress. Others may teach or share in many ways contact with intelligent energy. Others continue in unmanifested form, seeking intelligent infinity.

Thus the manifestation is a lesser signpost than that which is sensed or intuited about a mind/body/spirit complex. This violet-ray beingness is far more indicative of true self.

Is pure being, being differentiated from one who actively teaches?

Quote:It is impossible to help another being directly. It is only possible to make catalyst available in whatever form, the most important being the radiation of realization of oneness with the Creator from the self, less important being information such as we share with you.

Here, Ra is certainly saying information is not important, and that beingness is primary.

Quote:The adept then begins to do less of the preliminary or outer work, having to do with function, and begins to effect the inner work which has to do with being.

Overt teaching is function, whereas inner work is attributed to being.

Quote:First one entity began its work. Quickly the second found the first. These entities had agreed to serve together and so they did, glorifying the One Creator, but not as they intended. About them were soon gathered those who found it easy to believe that a series of specific knowledges and wisdoms would advance one towards the Creator. The end of this was the graduation into fourth-density negative of the Wanderers, which had much power of personality, and some small deepening of the negatively polarized element of those not polarizing positively.

While it may not be useful to speculate on such details, it's interesting that specific knowledge and wisdom created a following. Perhaps it was along the lines of Masonry, where knowledge is controlled and given in a specific fashion. Or maybe they developed some sort of cult. I certainly would not want someone dependent on me for answers, nor would I want a following, even if it were innocent.

Quote:The third step is that step which, when accomplished, renders one the most humble servant of all, transparent in personality and completely able to know and accept other-selves. In relation to the pursuit of the magical working the continuing discipline of the personality involves the adept in knowing itself, accepting itself, and thus clearing the path towards the great indigo gateway to the Creator. To become the Creator is to become all that there is. There is then no personality in the sense with which the adept begins its learn/teaching. As the consciousness of the indigo ray becomes more crystalline, more work may be done; more may be expressed from intelligent infinity.

Then there is the above, which I've mentioned in several threads lately. I have found that when I focus on all thought and all interaction, there is plenty of subtle balance to be found. I wonder if continual refinement of balance (learning) is ultimately the point, and movement towards pure being. Because I sometimes feel that when there is an impulse to teach, an opportunity for learning and acceptance is actually presenting itself.

So those are some thoughts for now. I acknowledge that without the sharing of information, progress as a group isn't achieved, and that our learning is always built upon another's observations.
I don't see that you are asking any questions here, rather just sharing insight you have reached on your own. I appreciate your sharing!
(11-10-2012, 08:13 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]While it may not be useful to speculate on such details, it's interesting that specific knowledge and wisdom created a following. Perhaps it was along the lines of Masonry, where knowledge is controlled and given in a specific fashion. Or maybe they developed some sort of cult. I certainly would not want someone dependent on me for answers, nor would I want a following, even if it were innocent.
I look at it this way - it seems that the culture had created an imbalance - a gaping hole or a vacuum. The new information was intended to "correct" the imbalance, but it instead served to isolate the current system of thought in a non-accepting manner. So the current system was not appreciated enough to integrate with the new system. The rejection resulted in war.
How and what to "teach". It would be my opinion that we don't help by "teaching" as such, but by the action of guiding. Letting a person come upon a situation on their own initiative. Thereby causing a more full learned experience. Rather than having been told the "teaching" and only intellectually knowing it. I recently have had lessons in love that I "knew" intellectually, and yet when put through the experience myself I found that I really knew nothing about the deeper meaning of that lesson. I thank her and am happy to have been a participant in such a learning experience :-) What has happened since that lesson showed me that ,when going through something painful, often there is an experience full of joy after the painful one. In my case I learned ,through experience, the hard to truly intellectually understand lesson of unconditional love. This prepared me for the uncovery of a very powerful and incredible bond on the very deepest levels of being with someone else. Not love as is usually understood by most of society, but a love that is truly as love already is "Unconditional and always". This experience gives me personal veracity to my idea of teaching through none action. In other words presenting someone with the seeds and the fertile dirt to plant in, and then letting them cultivate the seeds in their thoughts and in their experience causing them to really "get" the lesson. :-)

I may have drifted from the point of this thread, or have misunderstood your use of the word "Teach". I hope this dictum of mine is the cause of gear turning in someones head :-)

Thanks,
Conifer17 Adonai Vasu Borragus
Namaste
<3 :-)
(11-11-2012, 12:20 AM)Conifer16 Wrote: [ -> ]This experience gives me personal veracity to my idea of teaching through none action. In other words presenting someone with the seeds and the fertile dirt to plant in, and then letting them cultivate the seeds in their thoughts and in their experience causing them to really "get" the lesson. :-)
It's what Socrates was trying to do. If you get people to believe that it's their own idea, it's a much more compelling (real) idea. (the idea was their own idea to begin with as innate knowledge).
Well said, Conifer! My teacher, 'Yoda' teaches in a subtle way... I ask her a technical question, she starts talking about fairies, chinese herbal medicine, her dog, stories from her past... maybe I forget what I had asked her... The answer suddenly hits me usually out of the blue. The meaning I take from her stories are the answers that had been within me all this time Smile. Literalist students who prefer pedagogy become frustrated with this but works for the more metaphorically inclined students.

Quote:No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.

The teacher who walks in the shadow of the temple, among his followers, gives not of his wisdom but rather of his faith and his lovingness.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind. (Kahlil Gibran)

Meerie

(11-11-2012, 12:20 AM)Conifer16 Wrote: [ -> ]How and what to "teach". It would be my opinion that we don't help by "teaching" as such, but by the action of guiding. Letting a person come upon a situation on their own initiative. Thereby causing a more full learned experience. Rather than having been told the "teaching" and only intellectually knowing it. I recently have had lessons in love that I "knew" intellectually, and yet when put through the experience myself I found that I really knew nothing about the deeper meaning of that lesson. I thank her and am happy to have been a participant in such a learning experience :-)

that is the difference between "knowing something intellectually" and "realizing it or how do you say... experiencing it fully and thus reaching a thorough understanding".
Smile
(11-10-2012, 08:13 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]There is the definite urge to share what I know, whether that be through a blog, book, or local discussion group meet-ups. However, there is also something within that feels it may not be appropriate.

the Teacher is usually called into being.

if there is a need or a request, you will find your opportunity.
My only problem with that is we wouldn't be where we are without coming across someone who is already talking. Yet, Ra's very being seems to be a signal that is broadcast, but it's something that you have to tune into.

However, it's interesting that Ra described either 4th or 5th density beings providing channels as requiring naivety to provide the channel.

So my question is, do we have a role to play in making our knowledge available, or do we wait in silence?

(11-10-2012, 11:57 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I look at it this way - it seems that the culture had created an imbalance - a gaping hole or a vacuum. The new information was intended to "correct" the imbalance, but it instead served to isolate the current system of thought in a non-accepting manner. So the current system was not appreciated enough to integrate with the new system. The rejection resulted in war.

That or wisdom led to feelings of superiority, which created a holy war, as has happened in our past.

(11-11-2012, 12:20 AM)Conifer16 Wrote: [ -> ]In other words presenting someone with the seeds and the fertile dirt to plant in, and then letting them cultivate the seeds in their thoughts and in their experience causing them to really "get" the lesson. :-)

I agree with your entire post..it seems to be the harmonious approach. I'm mostly stumped about the question I propose above.
(11-11-2012, 03:09 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]My only problem with that is we wouldn't be where we are without coming across someone who is already talking. Yet, Ra's very being seems to be a signal that is broadcast, but it's something that you have to tune into.

However, it's interesting that Ra described either 4th or 5th density beings providing channels as requiring naivety to provide the channel.

So my question is, do we have a role to play in making our knowledge available, or do we wait in silence?
There are different types of knowledge, just as there are different aspects to reality. Knowledge both creates and denies certain opportunities. But since service is only possible to the extent it is requested, there must be some predisposition to make room for the knowledge. Being in that searching state does happen often and that's when something may be offered. It actually can happen collectively as well, but mostly on an unconscious level where the knowledge is only capable of taking the form of allegory and symbolism. These can be powerful forces for some type of change however.

Shin'Ar

(11-11-2012, 07:56 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2012, 08:13 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]There is the definite urge to share what I know, whether that be through a blog, book, or local discussion group meet-ups. However, there is also something within that feels it may not be appropriate.

the Teacher is usually called into being.

if there is a need or a request, you will find your opportunity.

The Sacred Eye is created only in the connection between two fields of consciousness.

It is no less sacred a process of being just because one field may not be aware of the connection, which is actually the natural state of most human consciousness anyway, nor is it a process which requires the permission of one field to allow such connections with it.

Consider the connections that your field makes with every second of existence, in which you are constantly evolving because of those very sacred connections. connections such as the Eye between you and the earth itself, which is often taken for granted and gone unrealized.

The earth does not ask for your permission.

And neither do I.

I offer, we connect, and what we take from that divine process depends entirely on each one's state of being.

But if we only connected via permission, how much would that impede the efficiency and speed of the evolution of consciousness.

To seek only connections which appeal to your own understanding and experience, is to impede your evolution and deny the process of being.

What will be the need for intelligence, wisdom and discernment, if all that we acquire for information is that which we manipulate and control?

There is an old saying, ' hate the message, not the messenger.'

I would say it this way, 'Discern the offering, and the bearer, for what each may be worth.'
1.9 Wrote:Thus, to learn is the same as to teach unless you are not teaching what you are learning; in which case you have done you/they little or no good... To serve one is to serve all. Therefore, we offer the question back to you to state that indeed it is the only activity worth doing: to learn/teach or teach/learn.

2.1 Wrote:To teach/learn is the Law of One in one of its most elementary distortions.

2.2 Wrote:It was our naїve belief that we could teach/learn by direct contact and the free will distortions of individual feeling or personality were in no danger, we thought, of being disturbed as these cultures were already closely aligned with a all-embracing belief in the live-ness or consciousness of all.

9.2 Wrote:Again, to direct your judgment is an intrusion upon your space/time continuum distortion called future. To speak of past or present within our distortion/judgment limits is acceptable. To guide rather than teach/learn is not acceptable to our distortion in regards to teach/learning.

15.3 Wrote:It is important to allow each seeker to enlighten itself rather than for any messenger to attempt in language to teach/learn for the entity, thus being teach/learner and learn/teacher. This is not in balance with your third density. We learn from you. We teach to you. Thus, we teach/learn. If we learned for you, this would cause imbalance in the direction of the distortion of free will.

17.2 Wrote:Another self cannot teach/learn enlightenment, but only teach/learn information, inspiration, or a sharing of love, of mystery, of the unknown that makes the other-self reach out and begin the seeking process that ends in a moment, but who can know when an entity will open the gate to the present?
(11-11-2012, 06:59 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]There are different types of knowledge, just as there are different aspects to reality. Knowledge both creates and denies certain opportunities. But since service is only possible to the extent it is requested, there must be some predisposition to make room for the knowledge. Being in that searching state does happen often and that's when something may be offered. It actually can happen collectively as well, but mostly on an unconscious level where the knowledge is only capable of taking the form of allegory and symbolism. These can be powerful forces for some type of change however.

I agree with all that. My reservations involve taking everything I know, and putting it together in one spot. It's interesting that Ra's refinement of teaching involved working with a small group. I guess it's this quote which I forgot to include that has me confused.

"It is important to allow each seeker to enlighten itself rather than for any messenger to attempt in language to teach/learn for the entity, thus being teach/learner and learn/teacher."

I'm just wondering if the point of teaching is to interact on a more personal level, so that free will is preserved in the utmost way.

(11-12-2012, 10:54 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]To seek only connections which appeal to your own understanding and experience, is to impede your evolution and deny the process of being.

What will be the need for intelligence, wisdom and discernment, if all that we acquire for information is that which we manipulate and control?

Are you talking about learning rather than teaching? I do that all the time.

Tenet - Any personal comments?
(11-12-2012, 12:34 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Tenet - Any personal comments?

Personally, I feel that I have much to teach/learn. The question is: Who is asking for it?

Shared environments such as this forum provide a platform where teach/learning can occur without imposing on free will. In creating an account here, or simply deciding to browse through the forums, there is some level of agreement to engage in the teach/learning. Even still, my fallible attempts at teach/learning here are often met with profound resistance, especially when they challenge certain doctrines built up around the material.

As for the world at large, I have noticed a small uptick in the asking for the types of information/service I have to offer. Perhaps it is the trickle before the downpour, but time will tell.

In any case, I have made several attempts over the years to synthesize my understandings. In every instance thus for, in starting the exercise I identified a whole new level of understanding. And so, there hasn't been any true "completion" in that regard. Yet, it has been a catalyst for my own growth, and I think it is safe to assume it has assisted others, by proxy.

The challenge with a "blog, book, or local discussion group meet-ups" is that human beings- at our present level of development- have a strong bias toward dualizing and dogmatizing around concepts, rather than exploring and discussing them. There is also the propensity toward idolization and guru-fication of teachers.

Perhaps this is connected to your feeling of potential inappropriateness of the teach/learning.

How I have personally come to address this is to communicate internally to the universe that I am available for teach/learning for whomever makes a request. Thus far, the requests are few and far between. In the meantime, I am attempting to enjoy the ride.

All that being said, I think a prudent approach to teach/learning is to begin by asking the student to declare what they think they know, as well as what they think they don't know.

Also, this quote is, of course, relevant:

65.12 Wrote:Questioner: Then each of the Wanderers here acts as a function of the biases he has developed in any way he sees fit to communicate or simply be in his polarity to aid the total consciousness of the planet. Is there any physical way in which he aids, perhaps by his vibrations somehow just adding to the planet just as electrical polarity or charging a battery? Does that also aid the planet, just the physical presence of the Wanderers?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and the mechanism is precisely as you state. We intended this meaning in the second portion of our previous answer.

You may, at this time, note that as with any entities, each Wanderer has its unique abilities, biases, and specialties so that from each portion of each density represented among the Wanderers comes an array of pre-incarnative talents which then may be expressed upon this plane which you now experience so that each Wanderer, in offering itself before incarnation, has some special service to offer in addition to the doubling effect of planetary love and light and the basic function of serving as beacon or shepherd.

Thus there are those of fifth density whose abilities to express wisdom are great. There are fourth- and sixth-density Wanderers whose ability to serve as, shall we say, passive radiators or broadcasters of love and love/light are immense. There are many others whose talents brought into this density are quite varied.

Thus Wanderers have three basic functions once the forgetting is penetrated, the first two being basic, the tertiary one being unique to that particular mind/body/spirit complex.

We may note at this point while you ponder the possibility/probability vortices that although you have many, many items which cause distress and thus offer seeking and service opportunities, there is always one container in that store of peace, love, light, and joy. This vortex may be very small, but to turn one’s back upon it is to forget the infinite possibilities of the present moment. Could your planet polarize towards harmony in one fine, strong moment of inspiration? Yes, my friends. It is not probable; but it is ever possible.
(11-12-2012, 01:15 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]How I have personally come to address this is to communicate internally to the universe that I am available for teach/learning for whomever makes a request. Thus far, the requests are few and far between. In the meantime, I am attempting to enjoy the ride.

I think part of the issue is that spiritual progress is central to my life, but there are few people to share it with. So condensing my knowledge and offering it feels like a possible outlet to satisfy that need.
(11-12-2012, 02:07 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2012, 01:15 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]How I have personally come to address this is to communicate internally to the universe that I am available for teach/learning for whomever makes a request. Thus far, the requests are few and far between. In the meantime, I am attempting to enjoy the ride.

I think part of the issue is that spiritual progress is central to my life, but there are few people to share it with. So condensing my knowledge and offering it feels like a possible outlet to satisfy that need.

Yes, for sure. It can feel very constricting to be in an environment where higher expressions of self are not encouraged or easily accepted.

You could always go through the process of condensing the knowledge anyway. It would certainly benefit you, and if it is meant to be shared I am sure the student would appear! Smile
There are plenty of people who are interested in the "paranormal" stuff or spiritual stuff or that which is outside their usual, everyday life. These people do not know any words like densities or sometimes even don't believe in aliens or 'God', but they are interested in seeking, or starting to seek *something*. My opinion is that they most of the times just need to talk, to get their thoughts out of their system so to speak. Secondly, they are not ready or interested yet in any advanced or complicated theories, philosophies or explanations. What they are interested in is the mystery, the unknown, the magic... And they are usually far more interested in personal stories or heard ones where people encountered that mystery, the magic. After a while they might or might not be opened to hear deeper thoughts or philosophy.

I understand teaching/learning as a concept of service. Service to others is to see the need that the other self has from the intelligence and the awareness of that other self. Teaching is to share what is known to the self and learning is to understand the need of the service required on the level it is required by the other self.

Shin'Ar

One can learn by the experience alone.

This Is the Divine Design in a nutshell.

BUT, the learning and the teaching of what has already been experienced, is not manifest in a state of seclusion and isolation. In order to have both there must be both aspects of offering and receiving.

This also is the Divine Design and process.

That there is Two, the Other AND the One, manifests as teach/learning naturally.

If one of those two should decide when and how the sharing takes place, the process is corrupted by the sudden denial of duality and design.

Evolving via a process of discernment of experiences cannot be had if one half of the experience is unwilling to take part in the process by extending the offering of its own experiences for the other to then discern into their own experience.

This is the defining difference between the left hand path and the right hand.
(11-12-2012, 02:28 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]You could always go through the process of condensing the knowledge anyway. It would certainly benefit you, and if it is meant to be shared I am sure the student would appear! Smile

Yes, I've thought about it.

(11-12-2012, 06:57 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I understand teaching/learning as a concept of service. Service to others is to see the need that the other self has from the intelligence and the awareness of that other self. Teaching is to share what is known to the self and learning is to understand the need of the service required on the level it is required by the other self.

That's a good way of defining service.

(11-12-2012, 08:17 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Evolving via a process of discernment of experiences cannot be had if one half of the experience is unwilling to take part in the process by extending the offering of its own experiences for the other to then discern into their own experience.

Are you saying you disagree with the idea that everything has a time and a place?
(11-12-2012, 12:34 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2012, 06:59 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]There are different types of knowledge, just as there are different aspects to reality. Knowledge both creates and denies certain opportunities. But since service is only possible to the extent it is requested, there must be some predisposition to make room for the knowledge. Being in that searching state does happen often and that's when something may be offered. It actually can happen collectively as well, but mostly on an unconscious level where the knowledge is only capable of taking the form of allegory and symbolism. These can be powerful forces for some type of change however.

I agree with all that. My reservations involve taking everything I know, and putting it together in one spot. It's interesting that Ra's refinement of teaching involved working with a small group. I guess it's this quote which I forgot to include that has me confused.

"It is important to allow each seeker to enlighten itself rather than for any messenger to attempt in language to teach/learn for the entity, thus being teach/learner and learn/teacher."

I'm just wondering if the point of teaching is to interact on a more personal level, so that free will is preserved in the utmost way.
Everything you know is based on your own experience without consideration of each and every possible learner's experience. Those considerations are necessary in order to establish context which reduces the possibility for misunderstanding. Teaching is always going to be more effective if you are directly and dynamically interacting with another's worldview.

Shin'Ar

(11-12-2012, 08:21 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying you disagree with the idea that everything has a time and a place?

Absolutely, meaning without a doubt.

Nothing can be predestined by a Consciousness that evolves into Mystery.

Such is the oxymoron of predestination and evolution.

The One consciousness no more knows what will be than does the fragment, because it is they very design that it is the fragment which establishes the 'will be'. This is Its curse; to be forever sacrificed to the whims of The Other; the ultimate price for the release of self. Duality.

Duality; the price for not being ALONE. Made by The All just as it was originally by The One.

We are NOT The One;we are The All. We are BOTH, the One and the Other, together making the Sacred Eye; The All.

We cannot be The One, alone, for that would have made the sacrifice a waste.
(11-12-2012, 09:08 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]...Everything you know is based on your own experience without consideration of each and every possible learner's experience. Those considerations are necessary in order to establish context which reduces the possibility for misunderstanding. Teaching is always going to be more effective if you are directly and dynamically interacting with another's worldview.

Hence why I find that keeping myself grounded in the mainstream's world to be very helpful for teach/learning via example. You show alternate ways of acting/reacting to everyday catalysts that might not have seemed possible/probable to them from how they were programmed so far by our somewhat negative collective. At first, one is seemed to be just like any other, not a religious person, a weirdo, a new ager or anything. But then you act with such understanding, acceptance and forgiveness in difficult situations that it shows all that such ways are quite possible to manifest and very desirable. It shows that there is nothing special to it. All can act/react like this.
(11-12-2012, 09:30 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely, meaning without a doubt.

Nothing can be predestined by a Consciousness that evolves into Mystery.

So are you saying you don't believe in preserving free will? Or only answering what seems the other is asking?
(11-12-2012, 09:35 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]But then you act with such understanding, acceptance and forgiveness in difficult situations that it shows all that such ways are quite possible to manifest and very desirable. It shows that there is nothing special to it. All can act/react like this.
People seek balance and, at some level, recognize it.
(11-12-2012, 09:08 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Everything you know is based on your own experience without consideration of each and every possible learner's experience. Those considerations are necessary in order to establish context which reduces the possibility for misunderstanding. Teaching is always going to be more effective if you are directly and dynamically interacting with another's worldview.

That's why I feel a "book of answers" may be an infringement in a way. One would be doing all the learning.
(11-12-2012, 10:31 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2012, 09:08 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Everything you know is based on your own experience without consideration of each and every possible learner's experience. Those considerations are necessary in order to establish context which reduces the possibility for misunderstanding. Teaching is always going to be more effective if you are directly and dynamically interacting with another's worldview.

That's why I feel a "book of answers" may be an infringement in a way. One would be doing all the learning.
I don't think it has to be that way. Some people just describe "a way" (a philosophy) and provide a rather exhaustive characterizations using different examples/analogies. So at once it's more accessible, more compelling, and its restrictions become more apparent. There is really a lot you could do to layer it into an intriguing puzzle which would be very unlikely to infringe.
Possibly, we'll see. Thanks everyone for the replies.
(11-13-2012, 12:23 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly, we'll see. Thanks everyone for the replies.

I hope you haven't considered these replies too discouraging.

sometimes, when you feel an urge, it's best to just go out and do it, see how it flies.

I got interested in Q'uo a few months back, and didn't find the resources then available to be a good index. So I made my own. Didn't cost me a dime. Just hosted it on wordpress.com. Still very useful to me, and like Ra said, even if one other person finds it of use at any time, then service has been offered to a part of creation.

Tobey birthed his lawofone.info site from humble beginnings too. Look where it is now.

sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
(11-13-2012, 08:43 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Great point Smile

Shin'Ar

(11-13-2012, 08:43 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2012, 12:23 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly, we'll see. Thanks everyone for the replies.

I hope you haven't considered these replies too discouraging.

sometimes, when you feel an urge, it's best to just go out and do it, see how it flies.

I got interested in Q'uo a few months back, and didn't find the resources then available to be a good index. So I made my own. Didn't cost me a dime. Just hosted it on wordpress.com. Still very useful to me, and like Ra said, even if one other person finds it of use at any time, then service has been offered to a part of creation.

Tobey birthed his lawofone.info site from humble beginnings too. Look where it is now.

sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Yes, I like this!