Bring4th

Full Version: A House of Mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A house of mirrors or hall of mirrors is a traditional attraction at funfairs (carnivals) and amusement parks. The basic concept behind a house of mirrors is to be a maze-like puzzle. In addition to the maze, participants are also given mirrors as obstacles, and glass panes to parts of the maze they cannot yet get to. Sometimes the mirrors may be distorted because of different curves, convex, or concave in the glass to give the participants unusual and confusing reflections of themselves, some humorous and others frightening.

(source Wikipedia)

I think i am finding my way through it but i don't think there is an end to it.As the reflections bend to my smile, i feel joy and elation, i feel as one.
thanks drifting. That's a nice analogy. Reminds me of a bit of Q'uo that I read a little while back.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0807.aspx

Quote:It is difficult to look straight into mirrors that are distorted. Mirrors that come across the earthly boundaries of that which you see as gender and age distort the image, as though you were in a fun house with its crazy mirrors and corridors. Other portions of reactions to people can be as shallow as a trick or quirk of the voice or the shallowness of the personality you are watching in certain areas.

and here is the part about the self seeing itself:

Quote:And deepest of all, my brother, you are gazing at yourself. Those things which irritate or upset you or cause you to have a bad chemical reaction to another are those things which characterize a part of your shadow self. As always, the work that you truly do is upon yourself. When you are aggravated or have this bad chemistry, when you have the time, whether close to the event or later in remembrance, sit with that feeling and ask it for the wisdom that lies in its folds.

as infinite beings (with infinite potential), all that we see is an actualised portion of a latent part of the self. Coming to accept all that we see is nothing more in fact than accepting another portion of the self that was previously unregistered/unacknowledged.