Bring4th

Full Version: my relationship to the 2012 meme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I first caught the 2012 wave back when google video first came online. This was maybe 5-6 years ago. One of the early adopters you might say.

and even though the 2012 myth had first been planted by Jose Arguelles in his 1987 book The Mayan Factor, it really started taking off when these internet viral videos became available.

I can still remember the ones that planted the obsession:

* 2012, the Future of Mankind by Michael Tsarion
* the Mayan Calendar by Ian Lungold
* the 2012 Enigma by David Wilcock

this was back in 2006 or so, when youtube was first getting off the ground, and clips were limited to 10 minutes. Google video allowed documentary length uploads, and was unique at the time. With a very basic adsl connection at the time my head exploded with these ideas.

The Law of One soon followed, and the concept of Harvest seemed to tie everything together. Everything was headed to a glorious, final countdown.

I was totally in. Put all my chips in on this one hand.

The next two or three years were about self-confirming prophecy, or what is called in philosophical circles as confirmation bias. I looked for data and people's theories that supported my preconceived worldview. 2012 was it. 2012 was king.

- -

then something happened. Around 2010 or so I started getting deep deep prompts to go into meditation. To meditate longer, to meditate with greater clarity. There was no seeming technique to this. I just did it.

10 minute sessions turned into half hour ones, half hour ones turned into 85 minutes. Then the dreams started coming. They were all tied to the archetypes. Deep, fantastical dreams; but ones that could be decoded. How satisfying they were!

- -

the 2012 meme faded away. What was a distant, displaced longing, a promise for future bliss was replaced with an understanding and presence in the now. There was no longer a time in the future when everything would be ok and balanced, but rather there was the possibility of making concrete personal changes right now, on a daily basis.

I can see that during the peak of my 2012 fervour I was just playing out a saviour and rescue myth; that I would be rescued and my life fixed up by this interdimensional shift. It appealed to my disempowered self.

and so now, when once I had a countdown clock that ticked down the days to Dec 21, 2012, now I didn't even realise how close that date is. Each day brings new surprises, new reflections upon the infinite self.
I have known of the 2012 "thing" since somewhere around the 1997 or so. My dad used to read magazines about ufos and other weird things. In one of the issues was the mayan calender. How it stops at a specific date in 2012 and the speculations where many, as to why.

This is the only date that I have had with me for a "long" while. To me its the only one that matters as well. What will happen I do not know. Something happens every moment, will that date be "special"!?. *shrug*

Each day I follow my feelings for guidance and rarely is 2012 brought up. As I think Plenum said.. live in the moment and do what you feel is right. For only in the moment does one find their needs answered.

These are my thoughts and my relationship to this year Smile

Thank you Plenum for sharing yours!
Honestly, I have never been "into" the date themes. Had never heard so very much about them until I joined bring4th. I learned a long time ago that my "saviour/rescue" is unconditional love in each moment.

I'm making plans for the 23rd - 3rd of 2013.
Today my one of my coworkers was saying something about how the world was going to end "when 2012 comes" and I just kept thinking "isn't 2012 here?"

As an aside, my first exposure to the 2012 myth came from playing the 1980's cyberpunk pen and paper RPG Shadowrun, in which after the years 2011-12 people begin to 'awaken' and access magical abilities. Fun game, though I was a little disappointed when dragons didn't start showing up last year Tongue
What will the next big meme be? Will humanity will let memes fall away after 2012?? :p
hopefully the next meme will be making light of how foolish we were pre-2013 Tongue (i'm still rooting for global change getting its 'kick off' on Dec. 21)
It seems (I read somewhere today, on the internet, D Wilcock perhaps) that we're divided into those who see big changes happening on a date (21st Dec 2012 usually) and the gradualists. DW believes gradual between 2011 and 2013. Today I agree with that!
(11-16-2012, 05:10 PM)hogey11 Wrote: [ -> ]hopefully the next meme will be making light of how foolish we were pre-2013 Tongue (i'm still rooting for global change getting its 'kick off' on Dec. 21)

I believe global change gets it's kick off every moment, by moment, by moment.

Guess that makes me a gradualist. Cool
I'm more excited about watching The Hobbit on December 14th than 12/21/12!

Quote:hopefully the next meme will be making light of how foolish we were pre-2013
lol that's kind of what happened on 1/1/2000... :p
I more meant 'pre-2013' as the whole 75,000 years of 3D society...

I am not in any one camp; I am in all of them. I am a 'sudden' person in that I believe some of the 'rules' will change come December 21, 2012, but I don't believe it will instantly manifest into a completely different world. I believe it will take time for both 3D incarnates and 3D 'artifacts' (technologies, industries, ideals, etc.) to phase out.

I hope that we eventually look back to pre-2013 as a time where we didn't yet have the tools or intention to properly take care of our world in a truly loving manner (4D). I hope December 21, 2012 is a time where we start down that path.
and your baby will be born 2013! congratulations!

Think we have a way to resolve the gradual vs harvest debate once and for all:
(11-16-2012, 05:55 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more excited about watching The Hobbit on December 14th than 12/21/12!

Quote:hopefully the next meme will be making light of how foolish we were pre-2013
lol that's kind of what happened on 1/1/2000... :p

me too me too me too!!!!!
Ok so we are making fun of people that believe in an abrupt transition in this thread? Does this mean I should make fun of gradualists for their 'foolish' point of view? Should I look back on this moment from 4D (or beyond) and say you all were silly and foolish? I think not, my brothers/sisters. I wouldn't do that either before or after the transition.

That aside, I predicted months ago (but said nothing) that everyone with a gradual opinion would work themselves into a fervor and start expressing their gradualistic dogmatic opinion all over the forums and push out any talk of the impending contact with intelligent infinity at the striking of the hour as well as the transition from 3rd to 4th density (for those ready ONLY) as we approach the end of the year.

I may have to stop reading the harvest section of the forums due to it eroding my confidence needlessly when I am attempting to balance myself and activate my chakras to ensure I 'make the grade' in these final few days. I have made my decision and this section of the forum has turned into 'the gradual harvest', so I see little value in it for myself.

Cyan

I feel that my original observation of everyone will always and forever get exactly what they focus on, baring it being a logical paradox (being both the winner and the loser, the tall and the short, fat and the thin etc in absolute terms)

Gradualist, prepare for your gradual ascension, quickers, prepare for your immediate ascensions, atheists prepare for your atheism, and everyone else, prepare for your everyone elseness.
Parson... This is not about who is right or wrong, nor is about making fun or defending positions. It is interesting that you responded/reacted in such a way. What is there to worry about gradual or abrupt, when each of us here is living with love and light, in service to others? There is no position to defend or argue but that each moment in the present is the most precious.

Actually there is only this moment of being lol
Parsons I'm so sorry you feel offended by our observations and comments. I am not making fun of anyone, except perhaps myself for not being more informed. I thought this thread was simply about sharing our personal experiences in relating to the topic.
Much love to you, Parsons. When I say I think some 'rules will change' come Dec. 21, I do not claim to know which exact rules. You may very well end up being correct as those changes may affect my entire reality, but with another baby on the way and all, I feel my higher self is pushing me towards staying present post-2012. That does not mean that I am not expecting immediate changes; I am just allowing for some time for everyone to get on the same page. I have a feeling you will be one who adopts to the 'new lifestyle' very quickly. For someone like myself, I know I have too many attachments (and not enough wisdom) to leave my perceived 'family' behind (should I be given that choice), so I embrace the idea of a transitioned reality.

So don't feel discouraged; I am really on your side. I hope the sudden aspect of the harvest is far more apparent than I am expecting. My intention goes towards that conclusion; the quicker the changes, the better.
Thanks guys, sorry if I sounded grumpy about the matter. I guess I'm still capable of losing my temper.
(11-16-2012, 11:51 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys, sorry if I sounded grumpy about the matter. I guess I'm still capable of losing my temper.

<<<<HUGS>>>> It's ok. You are much loved, Parsons!

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
How about those of us curious about a sudden shift drop a 1/4 oz of shrooms on 12-21-12 and see what world we end up in???Smile

Cyan

(11-17-2012, 12:30 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]How about those of us curious about a sudden shift drop a 1/4 oz of shrooms on 12-21-12 and see what world we end up in???Smile

I'm starting to think most of us are unconciously gravitating towards something along these lines BigSmile
Unfortunately can't do any psychadelics anymore.

Cyan

(11-19-2012, 04:33 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately can't do any psychadelics anymore.

Was very close to that and felt enormous pressure to give in to that thought too but after persisting my tolerance is once again slowly on the rise.

nothing compared to being able to smoke 10g of excellent quality a day for 1-3 weeks straight though.

whooee that stuff was wacked.
Did you guys do psychedelics by yourselves, with friends?

In conjunction with ceremony/ritual/specific purpose?

How does this all work?

Cyan

Tl;dr:

always have friends that you can rely on, referred to as watchers present during a trip when beginning the practice. Always prefer countries where legal due to lessened psychological stress.

usually you leave with more questions than you entered with.

Cant say how it works but can share experiences:
For me, I have 10 or so major experiences.

Once doing 20g syrian rue and maybe 2-3g dmt (wrong mix ratio caused hospitalization and near death and some severe mocking by some negative entities for a while now, but the negatives have turned out to be one of the best groups of guides I have EVER met, especially because of their blatantly open negative nature and its possible use for positive, interesting story on its own. The kind of guys who advocate moving the whole human civilization underground and reforesting the planet surface that consider sex kind of distant and spend most of their time thinking about how thought works and programming themselves to be more efficient thinkers of abstract things)

I had 3 hours of 160bpm until i finally agreed to go to the hospital. While significant spiritually for the various chains it knocked lose in my thoughts by its liberating effect, the experience itself is still so disjointed i'd rather not analyze it in detail for years even though the visuals themselves were very mild for me, the emotional sensations were incredibly intense, due to the mix ratio mistake as stated.

Before that I ate pot brownies 2-3 times, each to strong or super redicilously strong effect. Once when I was in service and on my day off. Wandered around the hallways super stoned out of my gourd while there was a meeting or something going on about pacifists and their rights. Funny that i managed to walk out sober. REminded me of fear and loathing.

The other time I was in Dam and ate 2 abraxis pot brownies (supposedly best shop in D for brownies) and i spent 3 hours online confessing my life to a girl that i did love but never kind of could get a hold for in my sexuality, she felt non existant, (pun really intended).

during this whole time it felt like someone was pulling my muscle fibers up through my back by "cutting" them away at the very lower back and then sort of pulling them away one long strand at a time while i felt on fire. Super kundalini high. I could maintain it for 2-3 hours before I vomited all over the internet cafe and was thrown out after cleaning. They put me to sit in the front on a chair and i spent the next 3-6 hours vomiting and being astral. Every time someone talked to me I threw up uncontrolably. One time one of my countrymen, passed by and commented to his friend ("look at that poor guy, throwing up on the street" to which i responded in our language "sure is, when ever you see someone throwing up on the street, its one of ours!")

Both times the internal experiences were much more interesting, the internal experience during the vomity confessy one was of me being alternatively high on kundalini and being tortured by these little spirits in a kind of "test your strength" thing.

Both a long long time ago.

2 pot things before 1 ayahusca thing.

I did LSD once and during the experience my girlfriend and guide turned first into spirits talking of me in the 3rd person, then spirits talking straight to me (You see your mind shifting), then to angels (see these things are angels of perception), then to archangels (see using these you can look behind you and at the god that is actually internal in the face of the external) then to nothingness (void in which i felt i was in roughly 20 years learning why not to lie) and then back into this nothigness with bright colors where my guide asked me "if he now knows more than me" i being absolutely exhausted from the experience and indifferent at that point i said yes. The other reason being that I felt he was asking if it was okay for him to put a filter on my incoming data stream from the cosmos to make some modifications that i wanted to make to myself. I said yes.

After that I went outside and ran into a friend of mine who asked if i wanted to teleport out, i said no, stating that those who want to jump out at this state, are, in my view, quite silly as this admitted ability to talk to the entities makes this playing field quite good.

Later on i felt that this was not a good answer to give and I shoul dhave, in stead, opted to jump to a random planet if given the option of coming back. Poor me for not asking about the return option right.

Anyway, after that I was "fully telepathic" that is to say, fully aware of everything connected and its matter in everything around me to the point of having no percetible ego difference and having random people around me say what I was thinking. That lasted roughly 5 months until I took mushrooms for the first time and navigated back to my own timeline and focused on a old relationship issue with a girl i have / had a crush on that floated around in my brain. With the help of my 2 neg guides I was able to "solve" this issue satisfactorily. Afterwards I ate mushrooms 2 more times, i think, but its possible its only once and the 2nd time is a piggybacked memory onto the side of the first one.

Anyway, during these trips i discussed a variety of things with neg and pos spirits and slowly started to integrate my 3rd eye more fully into the rest of my psyche. Slow work it but slowly paying off now that I have a feet in both worlds, so to say.

anyway. The long of it is that when you do enough hallucinogens at a single time you are kind of telling the other side that that is a good time to contact you. And they will start to do weird stuff around you to try to grab your attention in a good way until you "hone in" on the signal and then sort of try to talk directly to you through time. Kind of like channeling but boosted. So recommend caution and screen your guides well and ask for protection before and treat it as the point where the spirit may interact and you'll see intresting things.

Dunno, its worked for me though.
I've tripped out before, because I couldn't tell if the friends I was with really were their own spirits or persons and not other entities that are really always there and in everyone, but you can't tell sober because of the veil. Scared the phuck out of me, like, deeply.

You talking about "honing in" reminded me of my first mushroom trip, which was a blllaaaast. But going 'full-telepathic' like that, for 5 months, what kind of timeline was it, or were you just kind of living without thought of how your experience was being created?

Cyan

Keep in mind my level of fear was quite abnormal compared to anything you might experience.

when i hit "the void" during my LSD and become accutely aware of the immediate nature of the echo in relation to my self, that is to say, i was liberated from all constraints of physical existence in all directions. I felt a sense of burning / pain that is indescribable because it kind of dulls after a few seconds to a searin gpain that you jus thave to be in because its all you got and you start to work twoards getting out of that "pain"

so, when i hit the LSD height for like the 3rd trip i ever took, or so. I was in this figurative "hell" like place learning about my lies for my pov 20 years from outside pov 20 minutes.

so you might understand that normal imagies of hell or death have little impact on me.

After the first 5 minutes of my pov time i stopped screaming and settled down to the work at hand.

Once i regained access to my old response field (soul) i reactivated my friends and then got back from there.

The 5 months was the accuteness of that knowledge and its freshness in my mind as my mind attempted to re-orient itself to the burning dailly awareness of "i'm god".

So, when i took my first good strong mushroom trip it felt like sliding home, even t hought it was, for the most part, horribly scary and dimmed my powers significantly, it was a joyride because my lenses were so bright that i could, from my pov, see the sun extending out from almost vertical horizon to the opposite vertical horizon when walking outside, controlloing both people, their numbers and lack of numbers, clouds, rain, and various other details for others to see.

That being a tad bit too much for a normal human to have as a day to day thing i was content to give it away for the time being when i took my myshrooms.

So now i've noticed that every time i "polish" myself clearer i lose a bit of "my distortions" and gain a bit more of "who i am" so i dont fear as much but i know its like taking a gun to your head.

When you do hallucinogens, you always ALWAYS die inside, because what YOU are is the problems you have. When you dont have problems, you only have gods love in varying degrees, and if you believe you are a person, get ready for a rough ride.

Anyway, now, some trips later, i actually find myself having trouble believing that "i'm communicating with spirits" even when i can telepathically talk to myself and find something new and interesting and feel a part of me slipping away an dmy friend randomly calls me in a fear and says he feel ssomething bad is happening to me and i'm "is cool, i'm just kind of dying in a very slow motion over centuries" BigSmile

Anyway, life is weird that way.

There was literally no speed between my thinking and immediate response or acknowledgement from the environment.

I thought "i want a banana" friend calls "hey i bought bananas and am coming over".

to the point of having people randomly txt me "oh you died did you" BigSmile

The idea that the truth is always there but some of us are heavy enough to drop into a veiled state is the way i see it.

so "us beneath the veil" see the earth as a sealed off place, those above it see it as a kind of perpetual paradise. There are some who travel between the two states back and forth while most only go up once. Travellers are usually call shamans angels and wanderers is a used term as well.
That just kind of puts me in a perspective of no one actually being real, and that people are figments of our imagination, as that would be the only way for thought and environment to respond without time.

though synchronicity is trying to say something too about reality.

but what is self if the other Is self without their own pov/experience/background, etc. As self.

It would literally be like Inception, where people are projections. Where nothing really matters.

This is a snippet from a good article I read.
"Soul consciousness is holographic. We are both individual aspects of the Source, and full holographic representations of it, all at the same time. However this does not mean that soul individuality is in itself an illusion. The principle of the hologram is that the part contains the whole, and yet is clearly distinguishable from it."

But this is very interesting, as I have felt this feeling as well, and I've felt that hell-feeling too, the weight of the soul kind of thing.

Perhaps I'm not understanding something. For instance, where did the thought 'i want a banana' come from. and why did the universe and people respond so quickly to it? was it a legitimate, fearless thought and it thus manifested as quickly as we imagine it does in 5D? what if you thought of world peace, would that have manifested as well, but only in your universe? where does 'us' come into unity of individuals in a collective consciousness?

Article
After deep meditations I feel similarly to "come-up" period on shrooms - the period where you just took them but where you haven't hit the peak (usually takes 2 hours).

In the come up period, you feel more peaceful, you chakras are energized, colors are more vivid, life just seems great. You see colors when you close your eyes. Sometimes the wall seem to breath ever so slightly.

Of course, depending on how much you take and the strength, the peak can be pretty insane. It definitely blows open the barriers in your own mind between your unconscious/suppressed fears and your conscious mind. It also feels like there is no longer a barrier between you and the spirit world. You feel spirit, and especially positive or negative energy depending on where you are and your mindset. You seem to be able to talk to a side of yourself, maybe your higher self, or an inner plane guide, at ease. You also feel like your thoughts will manifest your reality, which is great, except if you get negative then you can get stuck in a fear loop where you are thinking terrifying thoughts and the feeling of fear builds your fear even more. It tends to polarize your energy and your intention.

For me, the best way to do shrooms, especially for the first time, is to view it as a cleansing and don't except it necessarily to be all positive or all negative, just that it is, so that you won't worry about negativity/"bad trip" and that if you go negative, you won't be stuck thinking "oh god I'm having a bad trip" which intensifies the fear. Do it with a good positive friend and sitter (someone who has done it before). Do it during daytime. Do it around wildlife if possible. Do a small amount (preferably less than 1/8 oz, though my first time I took a weak 1/8, then 3 hours later when I should have peaked took another 1/8) - although if you're doing much less than 1/16, you probably will only feel the come-up effects without the peak.

The entire high tends to last 7 hours, but you feel much older and wiser and contemplative for at least 8-12 hours, and definitely have aftereffects for days on how you view life imho.

One time I was solo shrooming on 3/16 oz and during the peak, felt kundalini energy all over my back (before I was overtly spiritual) and asked to see the face of god. My pandora was playing through wireless, and maybe once every eight hours of constantly playing it would stop due to a net connection problem. I s*** you not, within seconds my pandora stopped playing. I went over, and this is what album cover it stopped on:

[Image: mzi.izweljng.170x170-75.jpg]

hell yeah. lol. shrooms are fucking awesome Smile
I've not done hallucinogens and don't know if I ever will but maybe if it had some structure and purpose to it I'd be open to trying... though I've had unusual experiences without them (naturally high?).

Recently been wondering what this next octave would look like (7D & 8D)... and thought, oh gosh, maybe we're like some video game characters in a video game, played by some highly intelligent honey badgers... Then I realized how funny that would be (and not so funny)... but the question for me was, would I be OK with that? The answer was, of course. lol. Weird moment.
Pages: 1 2