Bring4th

Full Version: The Perennial Philosophy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just came across this restatement of the "Perennial Philosophy" in Steve Beckow's site, and thought it might be interesting to discuss.

http://the2012scenario.com/2012/11/an-ex...ore-152393

Spiritual Evolution: The Divine Plan for Life

Quote:1. Every man, woman, and child on this planet is God. Every man, woman, and child lives forever, through countless physical lives.

Everything known and unknown, everything that is and is not is God. There is nothing that we can see or not see that is not Him (Her, It – God has no gender. I’ll follow the conventional use of sages here and refer to God as a “He”). That being the case you are God and I am God and everyone else is as well. Being God, we’re not capable of being destroyed or ceasing to exist. We’re therefore eternal, though our physical bodies are not.

The “immortality” that such teachers as Jesus spoke of is not immortality of the soul, which is already immortal, but the cessation of the need to be born into a physical body again. As it happens we reincarnate endless times until we reach the point of needing no more to be reborn physically. But that is not the end of spiritual evolution, which continues until we return to God, whence we came, through a virtually endless process of successive enlightenments.

Spiritual evolution means that, not simply the physical body evolves as Darwin said it does, but the spiritual bodies that we also inhabit do as well. We journey through lifetime after lifetime, learning , discriminating, improving our ability to discern the Real from the unreal, until finally we realize the One fully. We have then progressed from unconscious awareness to conscious awareness of our nature as God.

Quote:2. The purpose of life is enlightenment. The purpose of life is that God should meet God and, in that meeting, taste His own bliss. For that purpose was all of life made.

God is One without a second. In His highest expression, God is formless and thus encounters no forms and can draw on no tools or technologies. God is alone in the universe of form and beyond. There being no other, there is no one to know God and no means for God to know God. In light of this, to satisfy a desire to know Himself and taste His own bliss, God created life forms and assigned them the task of knowing their true nature, their original identity.

He implanted in them a longing that can only be satisfied by the realization of their identity as God. He created universal laws that aid the individual being in the journey from God into the world and from the world back to God again. Each time a life form realizes its true identity as God, God meets God, and for this meeting was all of life created.

Quote:3. All of us have journeyed out from God, by His command, and will be liberated from the cycle of physical birth and death the moment we know that everything in this world, including us, is God. Hindu sages call this level of enlightenment vijnana (perfect wisdom) and sahaja (or natural, permanent) nirvikalpa samadhi.

When all movement in the mind stops, when the spiritual heart (or hridayam) opens and never shuts again, the individual being realizes God in sahaja nirvikalpa samadhi, the stage of liberation from the need to be physically reborn (or mukti). This level has been called vijnana (or perfect wisdom) by some and nirvana (or cessation of movement). But spiritual evolution does not cease here. Only the need to be reborn in this Third Dimension stops. Orders of existence stretch on in an endless vista, through dimension after dimension, universe after universe.

Quote:4. The Father created the domain of the Mother (mater, matter) as the setting for our spiritual journey and education. We wander in this material realm lifetime after lifetime, constantly learning.

The first creations in life were what Christians call the Holy Spirit and the Christ or Son and what Hindus call the Divine Mother or Shakti and the Atman. The first is a primal universal creative vibration known as Aum/Amen, the Logos or Word. Known to Solomon as “Wisdom” or Sophia, to Lao-Tzu as the Mother, this level of reality is the Phenomenal world whereas the Father or Brahman is the Formless Transcendental, beyond the Phenomenal world.

The Christ or Atman is “the Father in me” or “Brahman-within-the-individual,” a “fragment” or “spark,” metaphorically speaking, lodged within the body (or bodies), which are created by the Mother. One cannot know the Father without first knowing the Son in a moment of enlightenment. This first sight of the Light grows, with meditation, till one day it becomes the sight of the Father’s Light. The Son is the Father but the Father is greater than the Son. The Father is in me (in the heart of the individual) and I am in the Father (as are all things).

Neither is the Father male nor the Mother female. These designations were conventional teaching devices used by sages of old. There is no cosmic male, strictly speaking, and no cosmic female. The difference being pointed at is the same as the difference between movement (Mother) and rest (Father), sound and silence. Only the Father is not physical or material; everything else, no matter at how sublime or refined a level it exists, can be said to be physical or material when compared to the Father.

Quote:5. The Father made the material domain lawful. The most important law for us to know is the Law of Karma, which requires that what we do unto others shall be done unto us.

The material domain is the only domain in which law applies. Law does not apply to the Maker of the law, although He may submit to be governed by the law as in the case of an Avatar. The Mother is the “Voice crying in the Wilderness,” the sound of Aum/Amen echoing throughout the Phenomenal domain as the music of the spheres, which creates, preserves, and transforms all things. The Father is the Wilderness in that no law can bind Him.

The most important law for us to attend to as Third-Dimensional beings is the Law of Karma. The Law of Karma is like guardrails which prevent a vehicle from leaving the road. It keeps the individual soul from going too far to the left or right and ensures that the individual keeps moving forward towards the destined return of the Prodigal Child to God, once it tires of all experiences in the material world.

Quote:6. The form of our total journey is a sacred arc, like Jacob’s Ladder, away from and back to God. But, day by day, we also follow a spiritual spiral, returning to the same karmic lessons repeatedly until we learn them.

As Jesus said, we come out from the Father into the world, remain for a while, and then return to the Father in what can be conceived of as an arc. When I had my vision of the purpose of life, in 1987, the form of the individual’s journey out from God and back to God again formed a wide arc or circle.

Nonetheless, the Law of Karma ensures that we return to the same lessons again and again until at last we learn them and this return through successive lifetimes can be seen as a spiral. Thus the shape of life, if you will, can be visualized as a spiraling arc or circular coil. This virtually endless journey is depicted in many religions as a ladder of consciousness or a stairway of existence which we travel down and then up.

Quote:7. From one day to the next, we may expand or contract, but all the while we are cosmically drawn back to Him by a sub-sensible, eternal longing, planted there by Him, for Him: a longing for liberation (for more on this, see “The Longing for Liberation”).

The longing for liberation is just one of the design elements built or hardwired into life forms. Most people, experiencing this subsensible tidal yearning, try to fill it with possessions, experiences, relationships, and so on. But God so designed life that nothing will satisfy it except the return to God. We go through life endlessly acquiring, enjoying and casting aside, ever unsatisfied, in an endless cycle of desire. This develops discrimination in us. Gradually we are made aware that nothing but God will satisfy our ineffable thirst and hunger. Then we develop detachment. At that point we cease to be prodigal children and begin our return to the Father, who welcomes us with open arms.

This longing then acts as a homing beacon or magnet on all life forms, no matter how exalted, drawing them ever onwards until they merge again with God. Hence the love in the eyes of saints towards God and the deep devotion of exalted beings, in whom the longing for liberation acts more strongly than in us.

Quote:8. In the cosmic Drama, there are three Actors we must realize: God the Father, God the Mother, and God the Child. These are the Transcendental, the Phenomenal, and the Transcendental in the Phenomenal. Christians call them (note the change in order) the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Hindus call them Brahman, Atman, and Shakti. The Formless became two Forms. The One made trillions of forms through the agency of the Two and then mysteriously entered into them. We are required to know that Trinity.

The “Holy Persons” are not persons, but levels of reality. They can be described as the Transcendental, the Phenomenal, and the Transcendental in the Phenomenal. We are the Transcendental in the Phenomenal, sparks of divinity who reside in the womb of the Mother until our divine birth. The Mother educates her children in the school of life until they are ready to be brought to meet the Father.

All religions have a conception of this Holy Trinity, though it may take some digging to correlate terms. We “know” the three levels in successively-higher experiences of enlightenment. We know the Son, Christ, or Atman in the experience of “stream entering” or “spiritual awakening” when the kundalini reaches the fourth or heart chakra.

We know the Mother in an experience of savikalpa samadhi or cosmic consciousness when the kundalini reaches the sixth or brow chakra (and the Third eye opens).

We know the Father first in an experience of kevalya nirvikalpa samadhi when the kundalini reaches the seventh or crown chakra and permanently in an experience of sahaja nirvikalpa samadhi when the energy reaches the spiritual heart or hridayam.

The Christ or Atman is often called the “Self,” which leads us to say that we cannot know God until we become knowers of the Self. Translated that means we cannot have the experience of seventh-chakra enlightenment until we have the experience of fourth-chakra enlightenment. Therefore know Thyself. Meditate on the Self that is known and it will become the knowledge of God. All of Jesus’s parables about the treasure buried in a field, the pearl of great price, the mustard seed, and the measure of meal concern this journey of enlightenment.

Knowledge of these three levels of Reality is required of all beings before they graduate from humannness.. Their knowledge represents a progressive accomplishment. There is not simply one enlightenment or one level of enlightenment, but many. And beyond humannness there are also many further gradations of life.

Quote:9. Everyone will reach Him – some in the morning; some in the afternoon; and some in the evening. Experiences will vary, but all will eventually know God.

No one will fail to return to God. Even the very small number who choose such evil that they are liquidated can be said to return to God. For all the rest, they journey at varying speeds to enlightenment. I’m led to believe that God does not worry about the time it takes us to return. There is no dishonor at taking more time than our neighbor. Moreover, different beings are created at different times. Those who are reaching enlightenment when we do not may have been created earlier than we. Those people who reach enlightenment without rigorous discipline probably practiced rigorous discipline in other lives. Others are already enlightened and return in an unenlightened condition to serve by demonstrating what spiritual practice looks like.

Quote:10. Every genuine path will work. God plays all roles and observes all actions. He has become many; next to Him, there is none.

There is no religion or spiritual practice that is invalid, if genuine and sincerely followed. Some cults and orders may have dark purposes but the spiritual experiences of all genuine masters, translated into religious teachings (if rendered and maintained purely) are all acceptable in God’s eyes. There is only one God. The God of the Christians is the God of the Muslims and God of the Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Taoists, Sufis, etc. God is One but His names are many. Hear, O Israel, the Lord thy God. The Lord is One, without a second. There is none else besides God.

Some will see Light; others will see a “form” of God; still others may have an intuitive sense of knowing. All genuine paths sincerely followed lead to God. God, through the Mother, designed the many paths to suit the various tastes of seekers, but all are efficacious. There is no ground to say that one religion or path is superior to another. There is nothing that supports the belief that the earnest followers of one religion will reach God and the earnest followers of another will not. God is on no side and on all sides.

Quote:11. In His love, He is universal, impartial, and supreme. What He wills must happen. He decreed this Drama for His own Pleasure. Each time someone knows its Self — “Oh Thou I!” — God meets God!

God loves all life forms – human, non-human, subhuman, superhuman. He makes no distinction among life forms. His Will must prevail. All is happening within His Being. He created the drama or lila for His own pleasure, a game of blind man’s bluff (or buff), in which God plays all roles and is the object of the search as well as the searcher and the search. Only God can realize God. Whenever anyone realizes God, that one simply realizes itself and the Self that it realizes is God.

Unbound

Excellent!
ok so i disagree with something here. the law of karma. something is amiss with that. why do i say that. take mass murderers like bush and cheney. where is the karma for them. why are they multimillionaires whose actions have impacted horribly the lives of millions. and yet someone like king or kennedy is killed , murdered. and why is it that power is basically in the hands of evil people. look at this world and the suffering. look at how rigged the system is. the financial system is totally rigged for the benefit of a few. so where is the karma for the riggers ha ha. why do they prosper and so many others suffer because of their evil and greed. essentially i am saying there is no justice on this planet at least not as i see it.
also in the bible it says. there was a war in heaven and satan and 1/3 of the angels were cast out and sent down to earth. so god , the just god , sent supernatural beings to this planet, knowing that they would enslave mankind. where is the justice in that. and mankind has paid the price ever since.
essentially what i am saying is something more is going on here than just karma. there is too much evil on this planet that has the upper hand to say that there is justice. this planet was purposely created as a place where injustice would hold the upper hand. hmm . why i guess is my question. i am just interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this . it is kind of an unanswerable mystery imho.

norral Heart

Unbound

Personally, I think the planet is what it is, not "just" or "unjust", simply in a state of evolution, nor do I see it as an efficient exercise to try and place blame.

Also, if you look at the concept of karma, it doesn't mean "those who do bad will be punished", and this is a very misguided way of looking at it. Karma is more along the lines of cause and effect, which means that these individuals by their actions have spent their time here seeking material gain rather than spiritual evolution and thus they will have to suffer more lives, simply due to the nature that they will not have penetrated the layers of consciousness to do otherwise.

I think the "prosperity of the rich" is also partially an illusion in the mind of many, assuming that they are all just fat, happy and smug in their mansions. A lot of people with large amounts of money are some of the most frightened, hateful, pain-ridden individuals and it is for that reason that they abuse the wealth they have.
thanks eternal interesting thoughts . appreciate the input. i personally have a big problem being enslaved by beings who are essentially compassionless , at least in my eyes. but that is the game we are in for better or worse. i believe my viewpoint has had one great effect on me. i find it almost impossible to feel bad about myself. when i see so much evil perpetrated and i see that the evil ones are blessed it would be stupid for me to feel bad about my own shortcomings ha ha. they pale in comparison to the things that are done on this planet on an everyday basis. anyway thanks for your thoughts.

Unbound

At this point in time I don't really view myself as enslaved, however, there are still many who feel as such, and there are many who are physically oppressed and abused. It is difficult, but I think everyone knows for themselves that we all want to be free.
norral- RE: Karma- I think there is definitely more to karma than rewarding "good" behavior and punishing "bad" behavior.

I don't think I have all the answers to these questions, however when it comes to virtual enslavement by other-selves in U.S. Corp, I think the process there is fairly straightforward. In the eyes of the controllers, they are simply giving the masses what they asked for.

And to a large extent, I think they are right: We DID ask for it. We're the only nation in the history of the planet that fought tooth-and-nail to get out of the cage, only to end up clamoring over ourselves to get back inside of it. Every time we lament, "Why doesn't somebody DO something about this?" we are asking permission to be controlled.

Or, another example, how about the wife that shops exclusively at Wal-Mart, then laments when her husband's job gets shipped overseas? There's karma involved there, too. They might be very nice people, but that isn't what karma is about.
Imagine if the "Evil Ones" were truly beings of love and light who, due to the complex workings of karma and free will and the creator's infinite humour, became locked into a position of ultimate power and authority on this planet under the condition that they had to use this position to preform negatively polarized activities to generate the catalyst we need to polarize ourselves. What if all the evil deeds they perform are out of love for us, in an effort to show us what we are not so that we can choose what we want to be? Would they still be Evil Ones or martyrs willing to darken their souls to provide us with the catalyst we need?

Just a thought.
thanks for the thoughts tenet and spaced. i appreciate getting others point of view on these things. i realize i have to resolve the inner conflict myself and i have gotten better . not completely better ha ha but better ha ha. i guess u could call me the guy who wont bother u but if u cause me pain eventually i will make sure the pain returns to u in some way ha ha. and strangely enuf it seems to have worked people may bother me once but i havent seen anyone come back and bother me twice ha ha . ultimately i believe in fairness and equality and those desires are what motivate me . and i am sure i will learn compassion for those who are evil at some life in the future but it will be very far into the future ha ha. dont pay attention to me just having some fun here but the question of how can a just and loving god permit evil to exist is one that has been around for a long long time and i appreciate the input from everyone.

norral Heart

oh and i refuse to shop at walmart. i dont like the way they treat their employees .

Shin'Ar

I don't know if you want to bother with this TN, but it might be beneficial to see the actual authors of those quotes if they are not all the same person.

If not for any other reason than to search each one's actual affiliations.

I personally am especially interested in knowing the source of quote 2 which speaks to 'The Other' which has been a topic of my own quite often recently.
one other thought here. it is not up to me to try and figure out what role someone is playing on this planet. if u commit evil u are evil. its really very simple. and i view evil people as evil not lightworkers ha ha. bush cheny rumsfeld wolfowitz - all evil. not lightworkers ha ha. people who molest children - evil. wall street monsters - evil . it is quite simple actually . i evaluate people by what they do not some possible role they might be playing in the grand scheme of things. and in norrals world i am not one with these people dont want to have anything to do with them and sincerely wish that they would dissapear and go be bloodsucking parasites somewhere else in this universe. to me man has been thrown under the bus by god. this reality is set up so that evil has the upper hand and to say that i am tired of it would be the understatement of the century. other than that i am having a good day ha ha and i actually like my life, i have had a good life on this planet, what i want to see is a good life for all, i want to see the exploitation the lies the deceit and the b.s end here i want to see all peoples valued and the realization occur that all of us are valuable and have something to contribute. i dont shop at walmart because i dont like their policies. i live by my principals and i believe i am as good as any man and any man is as good as me. hopefully hopefully we will wake up, look at one another and actually value each other and care about each others welfare. when i see someone suffer i suffer and i am well past the stage of rationalizing it. suffering in my world is not good . suffering is bad , evil is bad not good ha ha and evil people are evil ha ha. and if i had one word to describe myself it would be this - passionate - i actually care about others and want to see others lead a good life and i do not - repeat - do not like the rich thieves and archons who run this planet . they are my blood enemies . this might not be the Law of One but it is the law of norral ha ha for better or worse. not afraid to fight for what i believe in and refuse to be something i am not

norral Heart

p.s. - i am not really good at turning the other cheek ha ha but i think that should be obvious by now. i wont ever bother u or harass u but if u think u can harass me and not feel double the pain back u are living in a fantasy world. and that attitude has gained me respect , not love , from the people i work with.
and this link talks about the enslavement of the human race which does lead to my pissed off-ed-ness ha ha. me dont like slave masters ha ha

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~noelh/EnslaveBook.htm
(11-16-2012, 10:40 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I think the planet is what it is, not "just" or "unjust", simply in a state of evolution, nor do I see it as an efficient exercise to try and place blame.

Also, if you look at the concept of karma, it doesn't mean "those who do bad will be punished", and this is a very misguided way of looking at it. Karma is more along the lines of cause and effect, which means that these individuals by their actions have spent their time here seeking material gain rather than spiritual evolution and thus they will have to suffer more lives, simply due to the nature that they will not have penetrated the layers of consciousness to do otherwise.

I think the "prosperity of the rich" is also partially an illusion in the mind of many, assuming that they are all just fat, happy and smug in their mansions. A lot of people with large amounts of money are some of the most frightened, hateful, pain-ridden individuals and it is for that reason that they abuse the wealth they have.

And there lays the karma!!!

I have always been under the impression that karma isnt instantaneous either....hence reincarnation.....correct?

(11-16-2012, 12:43 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]I just came across this restatement of the "Perennial Philosophy" in Steve Beckow's site, and thought it might be interesting to discuss.

http://the2012scenario.com/2012/11/an-ex...ore-152393

Spiritual Evolution: The Divine Plan for Life

Quote:1. Every man, woman, and child on this planet is God. Every man, woman, and child lives forever, through countless physical lives.

Everything known and unknown, everything that is and is not is God. There is nothing that we can see or not see that is not Him (Her, It – God has no gender. I’ll follow the conventional use of sages here and refer to God as a “He”). That being the case you are God and I am God and everyone else is as well. Being God, we’re not capable of being destroyed or ceasing to exist. We’re therefore eternal, though our physical bodies are not.

The “immortality” that such teachers as Jesus spoke of is not immortality of the soul, which is already immortal, but the cessation of the need to be born into a physical body again. As it happens we reincarnate endless times until we reach the point of needing no more to be reborn physically. But that is not the end of spiritual evolution, which continues until we return to God, whence we came, through a virtually endless process of successive enlightenments.

Spiritual evolution means that, not simply the physical body evolves as Darwin said it does, but the spiritual bodies that we also inhabit do as well. We journey through lifetime after lifetime, learning , discriminating, improving our ability to discern the Real from the unreal, until finally we realize the One fully. We have then progressed from unconscious awareness to conscious awareness of our nature as God.

Quote:2. The purpose of life is enlightenment. The purpose of life is that God should meet God and, in that meeting, taste His own bliss. For that purpose was all of life made.

God is One without a second. In His highest expression, God is formless and thus encounters no forms and can draw on no tools or technologies. God is alone in the universe of form and beyond. There being no other, there is no one to know God and no means for God to know God. In light of this, to satisfy a desire to know Himself and taste His own bliss, God created life forms and assigned them the task of knowing their true nature, their original identity.

He implanted in them a longing that can only be satisfied by the realization of their identity as God. He created universal laws that aid the individual being in the journey from God into the world and from the world back to God again. Each time a life form realizes its true identity as God, God meets God, and for this meeting was all of life created.

Quote:3. All of us have journeyed out from God, by His command, and will be liberated from the cycle of physical birth and death the moment we know that everything in this world, including us, is God. Hindu sages call this level of enlightenment vijnana (perfect wisdom) and sahaja (or natural, permanent) nirvikalpa samadhi.

When all movement in the mind stops, when the spiritual heart (or hridayam) opens and never shuts again, the individual being realizes God in sahaja nirvikalpa samadhi, the stage of liberation from the need to be physically reborn (or mukti). This level has been called vijnana (or perfect wisdom) by some and nirvana (or cessation of movement). But spiritual evolution does not cease here. Only the need to be reborn in this Third Dimension stops. Orders of existence stretch on in an endless vista, through dimension after dimension, universe after universe.

Quote:4. The Father created the domain of the Mother (mater, matter) as the setting for our spiritual journey and education. We wander in this material realm lifetime after lifetime, constantly learning.

The first creations in life were what Christians call the Holy Spirit and the Christ or Son and what Hindus call the Divine Mother or Shakti and the Atman. The first is a primal universal creative vibration known as Aum/Amen, the Logos or Word. Known to Solomon as “Wisdom” or Sophia, to Lao-Tzu as the Mother, this level of reality is the Phenomenal world whereas the Father or Brahman is the Formless Transcendental, beyond the Phenomenal world.

The Christ or Atman is “the Father in me” or “Brahman-within-the-individual,” a “fragment” or “spark,” metaphorically speaking, lodged within the body (or bodies), which are created by the Mother. One cannot know the Father without first knowing the Son in a moment of enlightenment. This first sight of the Light grows, with meditation, till one day it becomes the sight of the Father’s Light. The Son is the Father but the Father is greater than the Son. The Father is in me (in the heart of the individual) and I am in the Father (as are all things).

Neither is the Father male nor the Mother female. These designations were conventional teaching devices used by sages of old. There is no cosmic male, strictly speaking, and no cosmic female. The difference being pointed at is the same as the difference between movement (Mother) and rest (Father), sound and silence. Only the Father is not physical or material; everything else, no matter at how sublime or refined a level it exists, can be said to be physical or material when compared to the Father.

Quote:5. The Father made the material domain lawful. The most important law for us to know is the Law of Karma, which requires that what we do unto others shall be done unto us.

The material domain is the only domain in which law applies. Law does not apply to the Maker of the law, although He may submit to be governed by the law as in the case of an Avatar. The Mother is the “Voice crying in the Wilderness,” the sound of Aum/Amen echoing throughout the Phenomenal domain as the music of the spheres, which creates, preserves, and transforms all things. The Father is the Wilderness in that no law can bind Him.

The most important law for us to attend to as Third-Dimensional beings is the Law of Karma. The Law of Karma is like guardrails which prevent a vehicle from leaving the road. It keeps the individual soul from going too far to the left or right and ensures that the individual keeps moving forward towards the destined return of the Prodigal Child to God, once it tires of all experiences in the material world.

Quote:6. The form of our total journey is a sacred arc, like Jacob’s Ladder, away from and back to God. But, day by day, we also follow a spiritual spiral, returning to the same karmic lessons repeatedly until we learn them.

As Jesus said, we come out from the Father into the world, remain for a while, and then return to the Father in what can be conceived of as an arc. When I had my vision of the purpose of life, in 1987, the form of the individual’s journey out from God and back to God again formed a wide arc or circle.

Nonetheless, the Law of Karma ensures that we return to the same lessons again and again until at last we learn them and this return through successive lifetimes can be seen as a spiral. Thus the shape of life, if you will, can be visualized as a spiraling arc or circular coil. This virtually endless journey is depicted in many religions as a ladder of consciousness or a stairway of existence which we travel down and then up.

Quote:7. From one day to the next, we may expand or contract, but all the while we are cosmically drawn back to Him by a sub-sensible, eternal longing, planted there by Him, for Him: a longing for liberation (for more on this, see “The Longing for Liberation”).

The longing for liberation is just one of the design elements built or hardwired into life forms. Most people, experiencing this subsensible tidal yearning, try to fill it with possessions, experiences, relationships, and so on. But God so designed life that nothing will satisfy it except the return to God. We go through life endlessly acquiring, enjoying and casting aside, ever unsatisfied, in an endless cycle of desire. This develops discrimination in us. Gradually we are made aware that nothing but God will satisfy our ineffable thirst and hunger. Then we develop detachment. At that point we cease to be prodigal children and begin our return to the Father, who welcomes us with open arms.

This longing then acts as a homing beacon or magnet on all life forms, no matter how exalted, drawing them ever onwards until they merge again with God. Hence the love in the eyes of saints towards God and the deep devotion of exalted beings, in whom the longing for liberation acts more strongly than in us.

Quote:8. In the cosmic Drama, there are three Actors we must realize: God the Father, God the Mother, and God the Child. These are the Transcendental, the Phenomenal, and the Transcendental in the Phenomenal. Christians call them (note the change in order) the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Hindus call them Brahman, Atman, and Shakti. The Formless became two Forms. The One made trillions of forms through the agency of the Two and then mysteriously entered into them. We are required to know that Trinity.

The “Holy Persons” are not persons, but levels of reality. They can be described as the Transcendental, the Phenomenal, and the Transcendental in the Phenomenal. We are the Transcendental in the Phenomenal, sparks of divinity who reside in the womb of the Mother until our divine birth. The Mother educates her children in the school of life until they are ready to be brought to meet the Father.

All religions have a conception of this Holy Trinity, though it may take some digging to correlate terms. We “know” the three levels in successively-higher experiences of enlightenment. We know the Son, Christ, or Atman in the experience of “stream entering” or “spiritual awakening” when the kundalini reaches the fourth or heart chakra.

We know the Mother in an experience of savikalpa samadhi or cosmic consciousness when the kundalini reaches the sixth or brow chakra (and the Third eye opens).

We know the Father first in an experience of kevalya nirvikalpa samadhi when the kundalini reaches the seventh or crown chakra and permanently in an experience of sahaja nirvikalpa samadhi when the energy reaches the spiritual heart or hridayam.

The Christ or Atman is often called the “Self,” which leads us to say that we cannot know God until we become knowers of the Self. Translated that means we cannot have the experience of seventh-chakra enlightenment until we have the experience of fourth-chakra enlightenment. Therefore know Thyself. Meditate on the Self that is known and it will become the knowledge of God. All of Jesus’s parables about the treasure buried in a field, the pearl of great price, the mustard seed, and the measure of meal concern this journey of enlightenment.

Knowledge of these three levels of Reality is required of all beings before they graduate from humannness.. Their knowledge represents a progressive accomplishment. There is not simply one enlightenment or one level of enlightenment, but many. And beyond humannness there are also many further gradations of life.

Quote:9. Everyone will reach Him – some in the morning; some in the afternoon; and some in the evening. Experiences will vary, but all will eventually know God.

No one will fail to return to God. Even the very small number who choose such evil that they are liquidated can be said to return to God. For all the rest, they journey at varying speeds to enlightenment. I’m led to believe that God does not worry about the time it takes us to return. There is no dishonor at taking more time than our neighbor. Moreover, different beings are created at different times. Those who are reaching enlightenment when we do not may have been created earlier than we. Those people who reach enlightenment without rigorous discipline probably practiced rigorous discipline in other lives. Others are already enlightened and return in an unenlightened condition to serve by demonstrating what spiritual practice looks like.

Quote:10. Every genuine path will work. God plays all roles and observes all actions. He has become many; next to Him, there is none.

There is no religion or spiritual practice that is invalid, if genuine and sincerely followed. Some cults and orders may have dark purposes but the spiritual experiences of all genuine masters, translated into religious teachings (if rendered and maintained purely) are all acceptable in God’s eyes. There is only one God. The God of the Christians is the God of the Muslims and God of the Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Taoists, Sufis, etc. God is One but His names are many. Hear, O Israel, the Lord thy God. The Lord is One, without a second. There is none else besides God.

Some will see Light; others will see a “form” of God; still others may have an intuitive sense of knowing. All genuine paths sincerely followed lead to God. God, through the Mother, designed the many paths to suit the various tastes of seekers, but all are efficacious. There is no ground to say that one religion or path is superior to another. There is nothing that supports the belief that the earnest followers of one religion will reach God and the earnest followers of another will not. God is on no side and on all sides.

Quote:11. In His love, He is universal, impartial, and supreme. What He wills must happen. He decreed this Drama for His own Pleasure. Each time someone knows its Self — “Oh Thou I!” — God meets God!

God loves all life forms – human, non-human, subhuman, superhuman. He makes no distinction among life forms. His Will must prevail. All is happening within His Being. He created the drama or lila for His own pleasure, a game of blind man’s bluff (or buff), in which God plays all roles and is the object of the search as well as the searcher and the search. Only God can realize God. Whenever anyone realizes God, that one simply realizes itself and the Self that it realizes is God.

I dig this cat....hehehehe....thats about the clearest explanation of EVERYTHING that I have ever read.....WOW......I COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD IT ALL!!!!

Holy cow Im a dork....hehehehe Blush

P.s you post the best chit!!
Thanks Heart
(11-17-2012, 10:40 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if you want to bother with this TN, but it might be beneficial to see the actual authors of those quotes if they are not all the same person.

If not for any other reason than to search each one's actual affiliations.

I personally am especially interested in knowing the source of quote 2 which speaks to 'The Other' which has been a topic of my own quite often recently.

I dunno who was the original author of all these... I had sort of assumed they were all Steve's words, but they might not be.

The discussion about "The Other" is interesting, though I think it has become clear it is helpful when discussing this to distinguish between "The Other" as the entire external world, or "The Other" as other human beings.
(11-16-2012, 12:43 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]I just came across this restatement of the "Perennial Philosophy" in Steve Beckow's site, and thought it might be interesting to discuss.

Thanks very much for the link - the web page is great. I just sent it to my niece.

In college we were required to take an introduction to religion class, and the Aldous Huxley book was on the required reading list.

I'm pretty sure it changed the subsequent arc of my life. (See how I got the word "arc" in there?)