Bring4th

Full Version: Do thoughts incur karma?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had somewhat dark thoughts as of late. And I've been driven more to watching horror films or clips. Something I never would have done before. I guess it helps ground me. I'm not sure.

I was wondering if my thoughts that I get are causing me some bad karma.
You should not worry about that. The worst thing that could happen is that you... get karma? Tongue In some videogames, that is a currency, you know! BigSmile

But joking aside: I have had a similar period a few weeks ago as well. There is nothing wrong with embracing everything the red chakra brings, including survival stories and offsprings of reality. I am always just wondering why there are never a zen buddhist in the movies to make fun of all the screaming and fear... Also, American Horror Story is actually intriguing right now with the alien abduction angle and the insight it provides (catalyst!) into the abusive nature of asylums, imho. There is a lesson in everything, so do not worry.
Thanks, it seems when I focus on love, I get too much light and it causes me disorientation, and eventually mental breakdown. I've been watching clips of the Saw films. I tried watching 1000 ways to die, but couldn't get past the 2nd episode.

Unbound

I think it's important to have a well-balanced view of all the extremes of reality. Thinking about or watching "dark things" is only negative if it becomes a fuel for destructive natures. Sorrow, despair, fear, these are all natural things to the heart and when we allow these things to resolve and become calm within us by experiencing them and integrating them then we make room for greater light.

If we do everything to avoid challenge or hard realities then we will retain blockages that will cast sharp shadows if we try to bring in a lot of light. We must be able to accept any kind of reality, but still have the capacity to choose which one we wish to harmonize with.

Brittany

I'm not sure about thoughts and karma, per se, but lately I have emphasized more and more the importance of taking responsibility of one's thoughts. You cannot control your thoughts entirely. It just isn't human nature. Therefore, everyone will have dark, depressive and perhaps even graphically violent thoughts at times. The importance lies in recognizing the patterns within your daily train of thoughts. What subjects find themselves appearing again and again in your head?

It is our thoughts that create our reality. Therefore, if we choose to continually dwell in a dark, murky mindset, we create a dark, murky reality full of pain and suffering. This does not mean that having dark thoughts will doom you to a crappy reality, but it does mean that if you're having negative thoughts enough to take notice of it, it is your responsibility to understand where they are coming from, and to decide what you want to do with them as they come. If they do not seem useful, it is within your power to align your thought process with something more attuned to your vibration.

At first changing the patterns of one's thoughts takes a great deal of effort. There have been times when I have literally had to create a door in my head and slam it closed when those old, self-destructive thought patterns came around, and for a while I was shutting the door hundreds of times a day. However, in time your system adjusts to your desire to reorient your mindset, and the new thought process becomes the natural one.

There is no guilt in thoughts themselves, but awareness of what you are thinking and why is, in my opinion, one of the primary foundation stones of true soul development. Being able to honestly and objectively understand one's own nature is absolutely imperative in the journey. Know thyself. Know what you desire. Know what it is you will to be done, and nothing can stop you from doing it. Your thoughts and your words are power.
Gemini, I can ask Carla your question on the radio show, if you like!

Cyan

Karma is like the exhale.

Its not what you live on, but it how others know you are alive.
Sure Monica.
Gemini, I play a lot of "Left 4 Dead 2" these days and I really need it for grounding. You may be getting the same kind of need right now.
Hi Gemini. I'm not sure about thoughts incurring Karma...that's a very good question. Ra suggests that karma is essentially responsibility we place on ourselves. "In forgiveness lies the stoppage of the wheel of action, or what you call karma." Ra is referring to both forgiveness of self and forgiveness of other-self, as they are the same thing. I would think that any karma incurred from thoughts is a result of placing responsibility on one-self because of dark thoughts.

Would you be willing to share what these thoughts are? Perhaps sharing with people who love you could help you understand where these thoughts are coming. We are here for you.

Cyan

See I may sound like a hedonist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfrGArmpBl0&feature=fvwp but this grounds me.

Miracles are always just a little walk away. These women are so alien its mindblowing. Just having them on the internet even though they appear to be enjoying what they are doing and clearly well taken care of garners almost 50% downvotes.
(11-19-2012, 07:32 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Gemini, I play a lot of "Left 4 Dead 2" these days and I really need it for grounding. You may be getting the same kind of need right now.

Is that a violent game?

It's probably best not to watch or play violently oriented games or movies.

It's possible to distract yourself by doing something that makes you think or ruminate about dark thoughts. Go take a walk, stretch, do something else, hug your dog.
Negative thoughts and emotions, anything that is fear at the core, will attract darkness to your physical and energetic bodies, and chakra system. This forms blockages.

Buildup of dark energy attracts dark entities. This creates challenges. You could look at it as instant karma in a way.

Cyan

(11-19-2012, 07:44 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2012, 07:32 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Gemini, I play a lot of "Left 4 Dead 2" these days and I really need it for grounding. You may be getting the same kind of need right now.

Is that a violent game?

It's possible to distract yourself by doing something that makes you think or ruminate about dark thoughts. Go take a walk, stretch, do something else, hug your dog.

I dont recommend violent games at times like these. However, there are times where violent games are strictly recommended. Leading up to and towards psychotic symptoms /Transitions/ it is especially recommended. Purgings, before and after if you feel the need to purge more then use violence, especially at great difficulty because it is akin to making the mind "jump through hoops" in practice.

When winding down, dont do that.

Winding down i recommend this:

http://www.nowykurier.com/toys/gravity/gravity.html Trying to make difficult repeating geometric gravity patterns is one of the funniest applications, and can you think of any use for a subconcious automatic ability to sense the balance of objects and their future flightpats in a zero-g 3 dimensional flight space... I'm sure you can. Wink

In combination with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1L8uRApYeQ or something similar. for several hours a day in the dark with incense and meditation and perhaps calm of the soul?
(11-19-2012, 07:44 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]

Is that a violent game?

It's a game about killing tons of zombies. So yeah pretty violent. Smile

What if this is a way to release negativity that is currently finding its way up from the root of minds? This is what it feels like to me anyway. After a short game, I feel lighter and paradoxically more grounded. I'm not in a dark mindset at all. Really, all is well except for the intense energetic pressure we are currently getting that are giving me a bit of pain on the forehead.

Thank you my friend. Advice is always welcome. Smile
(11-19-2012, 07:58 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]It's a game about killing tons of zombies. So yeah pretty violent. Smile

What if this is a way to release negativity that is currently finding its way up from the root of minds? This is what it feels like to me anyway. After a short game, I feel lighter and paradoxically more grounded. I'm not in a dark mindset at all. Really, all is well except for the intense energetic pressure we are currently getting that are giving me a bit of pain on the forehead.

Thank you my friend. Advice is always welcome. Smile

Sorry Patrick, I meant it more for people in general going through red issues!

It could I guess but then why do you choose to release negativity with violence instead of love ?

When I feel an 'onslaught' of negative thought I clean. It's a nice metaphor of cleansing... or weeding is nice, if I know the difference between the planet and the weed :p .
Yes, but not in the way you think. Thinking negative thoughts creates negative energy within you. That is the natural karmic balance.
We incarnate with specific challenges set before us. With our free will we are allowed to create what we call needless challenges.

I will look for the quote.
Quote: . This type of guardian includes the mind/body/spirit complextotality or higher self of an entity and those inner plane entities which have been attracted to this entity through its inner seeking.

Quote: there are many upon your so-called inner planes which are negatively oriented and thus available as inner teachers or guides and so-called possessors of certain souls who seek this distortion of service to self.

Thoughts attract, and what you attract goes with you. This can easily be viewed as a form of karma.
GW- Have you considered the possibility that what you have been interacting with are thought-forms, and not entities?
we think

if we invest enough emotional energy into a thought, it can create a thought form

thought forms dwell within our energetic body, and are usually located at one of the chakras (depending on what type of thought form was created)

thought forms await an opportunity for expression

- -

the easiest way to see this in action is to observe advertising. Most advertising is based on sex, and once sexual desire is stimulated it attaches to the nearest object, in this case, the product or item being advertised.

- -

my own personal story? I followed tech and gaming religiously maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I watched the PS3 launch with fascination. It was too pricy at the time, and I didn't have hdtv or anything. I followed all the game releases for maybe the next two years, watching and reading reviews, but never actually played the games themselves.

Fast forward to last year, and there was a cheap deal on ps3's. Like dirt cheap. I jumped in, even though I was really quite disinterested in consoles (pc gaming is so much more interesting). I didn't know why, I just felt compelled to, such a good deal I justified.

I ordered 3 or 4 used games on ebay. This stuff all arrived one week. I played maybe 20-30 minutes each game, was bored sh*tless, and a few weeks later, dismantled the whole setup and threw it into my wardrobe, where it still sits.

I asked myself why the hell I went through this experience, and I can trace it back to the thoughtforms of desire from all those years ago. One can call it self-incurred karma, or self-generating reflective action.

- -

if we think on something enough, deeply enough, we will eventually experience it. Maybe it will be delayed by years, but thoughtforms don't decay on their own. They can be dismantled though. (rebalanced by thought alone).

Cyan

(11-22-2012, 07:56 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]we think

if we invest enough emotional energy into a thought, it can create a thought form

thought forms dwell within our energetic body, and are usually located at one of the chakras (depending on what type of thought form was created)

thought forms await an opportunity for expression

- -

the easiest way to see this in action is to observe advertising. Most advertising is based on sex, and once sexual desire is stimulated it attaches to the nearest object, in this case, the product or item being advertised.

- -

my own personal story? I followed tech and gaming religiously maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I watched the PS3 launch with fascination. It was too pricy at the time, and I didn't have hdtv or anything. I followed all the game releases for maybe the next two years, watching and reading reviews, but never actually played the games themselves.

Fast forward to last year, and there was a cheap deal on ps3's. Like dirt cheap. I jumped in, even though I was really quite disinterested in consoles (pc gaming is so much more interesting). I didn't know why, I just felt compelled to, such a good deal I justified.

I ordered 3 or 4 used games on ebay. This stuff all arrived one week. I played maybe 20-30 minutes each game, was bored sh*tless, and a few weeks later, dismantled the whole setup and threw it into my wardrobe, where it still sits.

I asked myself why the hell I went through this experience, and I can trace it back to the thoughtforms of desire from all those years ago. One can call it self-incurred karma, or self-generating reflective action.

- -

if we think on something enough, deeply enough, we will eventually experience it. Maybe it will be delayed by years, but thoughtforms don't decay on their own. They can be dismantled though. (rebalanced by thought alone).

My view is a bit different

I view that you were time travelling joy. You promised yourself that you would get the machine later and thus "allowed" yourself to enjoy it now. So, when you got it, you had "tapped out" the time you wished to spend on it, but by spending the money. That is, transferring the energy symbolically allowed the time loop to happen which is why you were bored but still previously enjoyed it so much.

I view wha tyou did as a form of time-travelling magic and one of the best forms of self love possible. Becuase you are attached to the joy and once the joy is completed you do the neccesary maintanance tasks. You had the joy of playinf without the machine so when the machine came it had given you what you needed already, THROUGH the other players and their experiences.

You were experiencing a positive social memory complex and your higher self used you to grow that memory complex.

I consider it pretty and its awesome when it happens Smile Heart
Geminiwolf, have you been or have you ever worked with a healer?