Bring4th

Full Version: Talents and Skills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have become somewhat of a hermit in recent years but still enjoy many of my "god given" talents, such as being able to make music, especially together with my family, or to be able to play sport at a high level. I*m truly thankful for these gifts and for the doors that have been prised open due to the contact with these worlds.

If you were to list your talents or key abilities what would they be?

Come on, with all the overflowing intelligence at B4 we must have more to offer than mere philosophy.

Tell us what you love to do, what you excell at, or the hobby or pastime that you just love.

I know that you are all unique and wonderful, so show me some of your "hidden" facets.
Do not be ashamed.

Unbound

Music, writing, drawing, sword-play and martial arts, and I'm prettty good at video games.

Oh, and I bring the lulz.
I'm kind of a Jack of All Trades
Sorry but what is lulz?
master of none, natch Tongue

Unbound

(11-20-2012, 06:26 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but what is lulz?

LULZ man! LUUULLLLZZZZ
I'm a good computer programmer (been doing it since I was 8, more than 30 years ago). That's pretty much it! BigSmile

(11-20-2012, 06:26 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but what is lulz?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lulz
Quote:Beginning as a plural variant of lol, Lulz was originally an exclamation but is now often used as a noun meaning interesting or funny internet content.
Lol -> lul; lols -> luls; lolz -> lulz.
Re 'talent': I hypothesize that men will more likely talk about competence in skills and women will more likely talk about competence in relationships or characterological things lol.

E.g., men = work skills, mastery in certain activities
women = good with people, kind etc.

I have mastery in lulz too!
My talent is creating.

Cyan

My talent is kind of like being the faceless from Spirited away. I vomit gold and require a life time supply of little girls to chase.

Edit: Oi its a tough crowd here for us banker types BigSmile

Brittany

Empath extraordinaire, counselor, energy worker, artist, mischievous trickster, professional sidekick. I also make some pretty yummy chicken casserole.

Cyan

ME too lynn, but I thought it would be a bit too presumptious to write "Superhuman is my occupation/talent."
Rie - you're so right on!

Lynn - I feel certain you excel at whatever you put your mind to doing.

Cyan - you make me laugh! But I agree that you are probably Superhuman!

I'm pretty good at growing food, healing, and loving people whether they need it or not.

Play a little guitar, piano, trumpet, alto horn, and do some drumming (Native American style).

I am exceptionally good at spending time with children. We get along beautifully!

Cyan

(11-20-2012, 10:06 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]Rie - you're so right on!

Lynn - I feel certain you excel at whatever you put your mind to doing.

Cyan - you make me laugh! But I agree that you are probably Superhuman!

I'm pretty good at growing food, healing, and loving people whether they need it or not.

Play a little guitar, piano, trumpet, alto horn, and do some drumming (Native American style).

I am exceptionally good at spending time with children. We get along beautifully!

ME, a superhuman.

Hah, maybe some of my more ambitious sidepersonalities. But certainly not me. I simply wish to rule the universe like a benevolent gardener. Harvesting you all into my perfect utopian society of grandure where you'll all be perfectly taken care of by aliens from nearby planets.. Ahh. religions.

Moving right along.

you were saying something about superhumans and stoking my otherwise massive ego. Please. Continue.
a 'gift' does that mean it's a gift from creator (self) and it's a gift to give to other self?
Above average in anything physical weightlifting,tennis,rugby,kick boxing, running. Anything adventurous or physical and I'll do it with little thought. Can draw but haven't felt compelled to advance that skill. Just picked up the drums and am developing that. Back when I was in school creative writing was my strong point, hardly put any effort in and would usually do assessment without any preparation and still get good marks.

I'am going to uni next year after a 4 year long break from school which was very much needed. So I'am hoping to use my new found mindset to see what I can really do in the classroom instead of day dreaming/drawing through classes and winging every assessment piece.

Oh and I became pretty good at picking and identifying mushrooms last summer. Especially the magical kind Wink.
LOVE!!! <3 :-D and joy and laughter and happiness and hippyness and treehugging and unconditional love :-). oh and i just had way too much chocolate and my first sugary coffee drink ever ad i am just bouncing off the walls with hyper energy :-D. if you can't tell :-P

practically i can juggle. am really good with the bow and arrow and the gun. i can read very well. i love poetry and write it. and everyone likes me :-) i have never had an enemy in my 17 years of life. :-) don't really know if that is a skill or talent though :-P
(11-20-2012, 11:41 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]a 'gift' does that mean it's a gift from creator (self) and it's a gift to give to other self?

From higher to lower self.
this is one thing I had never really considered a talent or skill ... but I have an unerring barometer for 'purity'.

it's like an ability to scan someone or something (a book for eg) and get a read on its positivity or lack thereof.

it doesn't show up as a visual or anything, but its an automatic gut feeling on the quality of an individual.

not the most amazing superpower of all time, but I can see how this one 'psychic gift' has been invaluable on my journey in fully crystallising my blue ray; easier identifying areas of study or individuals that will lead to deeper truths.

Unbound

I have an ability similar to that, I can detect the distortion in a persons system, its harmonies nd disharmonies and am able to tell when things are hidden. I have a certain knack for discerning when the truth is being told or hidden, and also an ability to "find lost or hidden things". I am incredibly sensitive to the thoughts and intentions of others and can almost always tell when someone is "wearing a mask".

However, my most prized "special ability" is my ability to "copy" or adapt techniques and abilities from others I interact with, or whom use their abilities around me. Even a brief exposure can provide new abilities for me to work with. I don't really have any conscious control over this, it seems to just happen naturally, although with concentration I can make it more effective.

The way I understand it is that everyone's consciousness has equal capacities, and so I do not actually "take" the abilities of another, but rather awaken within myself a similar ability that is suitable to my own nature.
TheEternal, you remind me of Syler from Heroes.

And my talents are: conceptual understanding of most anything, music: guitar, writing, jazz, rock, and creating nice grooves, and teaching/learning.
"Numchuck skills... bowhunting skills... computer hacking skills"

Unbound

(05-03-2013, 11:31 AM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]TheEternal, you remind me of Syler from Heroes.

And my talents are: conceptual understanding of most anything, music: guitar, writing, jazz, rock, and creating nice grooves, and teaching/learning.
Aha with less of a desire to kill, perhaps! Aha
Creation of Digital Life at request.
The ability to "heal" most forms of disease.(though rarely the desire to)
Ability to smoke insane amounts of weed and still be funny with people and have great ideas.

Ability to reincarnate over and over again on account of not believing in myself.

Unbound

You don't use your healing abilities freely?
(05-04-2013, 01:30 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]You don't use your healing abilities freely?

I don't use them often, and I don't charge for them either.

Beyond that I'm unsure what you mean.

Do you mean to ask me if I don't use my healing skills randomly on the street to "cure" the "distortions" of people "I see"

If so then I'm certain you have an answer to why that shouldn't be done if you think about it.

Unbound

Aha I'm running healing energies through and around me like 24/7, I trust the communion between higher selves that it will only go where it is needed. Mostly as a passive "holistic harmony" radiator aha

What I mean is that you do not pursue a "path as a healer", as it seems you only use that ability "when necessary"?
(05-04-2013, 02:21 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Aha I'm running healing energies through and around me like 24/7, I trust the communion between higher selves that it will only go where it is needed. Mostly as a passive "holistic harmony" radiator aha

What I mean is that you do not pursue a "path as a healer", as it seems you only use that ability "when necessary"?

I completely agree with the "passive radiator" theory. I do the same thing, but respect that other selves will or will not use that energy as they need to, that they will take what they need and are willing to accept. Always radiate "for the highest good of all concerned."
I do not do the passive radiator at this time no. I have done it in the past for years on end.
this guy has the talent of never ever needing to walk:

BigSmile

<eyes boggling>
Pages: 1 2