Bring4th

Full Version: Evolving the self vs. Accepting the self
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends,

In my quest to consciously deal with my personal life goals and related catalyst I have begun to muse over the subject title of this thread quite often. That is, when one uncovers some seemingly dubious or undesirable personal quality, what is the appropriate action?

My initial thought is to "fix", that is change or evolve the self. But, there is also this concept of accepting what is and accepting / loving the self for what it is, that seems to run contrary to this idea. Certainly "fixing" is involved somewhere else we would see little improvement in ourselves during a time/space life review. Or, is the "fixing" really just the realignment of how what seemingly needs to be "fixed" is viewed (essentially the only change is how you feel about that personal trait)?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this usually personal topic.

Much light, much love,
Lavazza
Hi Lavassa,

My belief is that by balancing the chakras, undesirable traits will be removed, and the ability to love the unity of all, including thyself without doubt, will be created. Loving thyself is as loving the One Creator, and without balance and thus harmony, I do not see this as possible. I therefore strive for balance, and as I do so, I find myself slowly drawing closer to the One Creator each and every day.

Practically, I need meditation; need to ensure eating well, taking care of myself; provide service to others as I can; and find time to love the world around me each and every day.
i would tend to see accepting / loving as the first step towards initiating change

i suspect that as long as you're avoiding or battling against something the choices you make regarding that aspect of yourself may tend to be ineffective

accepting it and accepting the learning it offers would, i suspect, aid in the change you would eventually like to make
You are the only one you are really accountable to. I think it's entirely your choice as to whether you should our shouldn't be a certain way. With that said, you've pretty much stated that you've seen something that you feel is undesirable. Once seen, can you really unsee it, or believe in it again?

Accepting is about coming to terms with the fact that your were the way you were or about things that you cannot change. If you can see it now then it isn't you anymore and you can change it. Of course often times fixing doesn't really mean changing any "thing." It seems that you understand that things are different when viewed from different perspective.

Something is going to change. Either this thing, or your perspective of it. I think only then will you be able to accept it. You might want to try just asking for a different perspective of the same issue.
(11-18-2009, 08:36 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]i would tend to see accepting / loving as the first step towards initiating change

i suspect that as long as you're avoiding or battling against something the choices you make regarding that aspect of yourself may tend to be ineffective

accepting it and accepting the learning it offers would, i suspect, aid in the change you would eventually like to make

Well said Lorna,

perhaps i should try that approach rather than the approach I have been taking. I have been making progress though, so perhaps I will try both!
To accept the self, is to evolve the self.

"Know yourself,
Accept yourself,
Become the Creator"
I tend to think that most of what we are is for a reason and not easily changed. Balanced but not changed.

For instance, I have an addictive personality, or have had. This is, I think due to a mixture of sensitivity and energetic placements in the lower chakras. I can balance this by using my will power, but that essentially won't change and it is those features that give me HUGE advantages, from my perspective. Or simply fit into what I know I've had to experience. (According to past lives).

A worst one is that I have an utterly ruthless side to me, but am walking a path where that may be needed.

Perhaps more information on what you are having difficulty with?
Hey everyone, great responses, thank you!

Phoenix, you've sort of tapped in to my initial thrust for the thread, that being the (seeming) paradox between the evolution of the self vs. the acceptance of the self. Looking at it in terms of a balancing may be the correct approach, although I am still unsure. May be that striving for balance is equal to acceptance, because in that sense you are not actually "fixing" whatever it is you find needs repair in yourself. But at the same time, perhaps if balance is accomplished by doing something else in your life, then evolution of the self can take place even though the specific thing you had been examining is still there.

As far as what it is exactly, it falls roughly in to the same category that you seem be be balancing, that is lower chakra bogies / addictive tendencies. Would you, Phoenix, be interesting in comparing notes in more detail via PM? We may be able to lend each other some insight or advice.

Cheers!