Bring4th

Full Version: A man goes up a mountain.............
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A man climbs a mountain and stays there alone for years meditating and praying. His desire is only to know the bliss of union with God. Is this STS or STO?

Another man climbs another mountain and stays there alone for years praying and meditating. His desire is to learn to levitate, to walk on water, and to transport objects through telekinesis. Is this STS or STO?

Another man climbs a third mountain and stays there alone for years meditating and praying. His desire is to change the world so that the air and oceans are clean, the people are all at peace, and there is plenty for all. Is this STS or STO?
For the first one, this quote seems relevant:

Quote:57.33 ...The purpose of clearing each energy center is to allow that meeting place to occur at the indigo-ray vibration, thus making contact with intelligent infinity and dissolving all illusions. Service-to-others is automatic at the released energy generated by this state of consciousness.

For the third, would that have to do with putting power into a correct configuration?
it's all STO.
(11-22-2012, 11:01 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]it's all STO.

How would dedicating your whole life to learning magic for yourself considered sto?
Sto and Sts are both not needed as concepts IMO :-) it is just another label. everyone is one. everyone and everything deserves our love. it is only on this level as humans that this stuff could seem "bad" or "good" this illusion is very much "black" and "white". I disagree with both terms and say that the person climbing the mountain in all cases is simply being. and that is enough for the creator :-)
It would seem innapropriate to label acts or deeds as STO or STS as they can be viewed as part of an ever changing landscape.
Never heard the saying "cruel to be kind"?
Polarity is a property of an entity - not the things it does.
When someone stole my property the intention of the thief was certainly to serve self but the results of his acts were later seen as excellent catalyst and for me 'life changing'. The outcome was positive in the long run - so that would be STO.
See what I'm getting at?
(11-22-2012, 11:25 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]

How would dedicating your whole life to learning magic for yourself considered sto?

it serves you and the creator, makes you a better person and thus able to contribute to the wellbeing of all.

and what Connie said.
I watched scenes from the Wishmaster, and kept obsessing about what I would wish for. I think wishing for anything if you had the power to make it come true would be sts. Many of my thoughts of wishes went to more power or fulfillment of my desires.
when i used to love horror movies i loved the Wishmaster. but it taught me something about making wishes. basically, it's best to be careful with them.

it's not bad to have desires Gemini. if you were a Logos would it be STS to create a world of your making, something to reflect your wishes and desires that are unique to you? or is it The All's expression in the form of you and your imagination and a service to that vast God. isn't our Logos doing that? we might not like it, maybe some Logoi are STS and some STO and some neutral. i dunno. but you are a good person and it's ok to want a furry universe of your own or something else you're into that brings joy to your heart. how is that bad? you're so psychically open i wonder about your grounding. how are your lower chakras doing? maybe if you were more grounded in the lower rays you wouldn't be so scared of your own wishes.
(11-22-2012, 11:25 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]

It is possible for what you term white magic to be worked for the purpose of altering only the self or the place of working. This is done in the knowledge that to aid the self in polarization towards love and light is to aid the planetary vibration.
A man climbs a mountain and stays there alone for years meditating and praying. One day he gazes out from the mountain into the world at the rivers, trees, and birds, and realizes: I AM THAT. He has polarized on the positive path.

A man climbs a mountain and stays there alone for years meditating and praying. One day he gazes out from the mountain into the world at the rivers, trees, and birds, and realizes: THAT I AM. He has polarized on the negative path.

A man climbs a mountain and stays there alone for years meditating and praying. One day he gazes out from the mountain into the world at the rivers, trees, and birds. He has not polarized on either path.
Did the man ever try Scientology?

Unbound

If you look careful, many spiritual masters actually went through all three of phases. Bliss with God for Unity, magic is understanding of the Natural Laws and how to use them with positive intention, and the last is the use of those two together.

Wishing for powers only for the sake of using those powers for self-gain would be the way of black magic, and is the only scenario here where I think the concept of "STS" could be applied, if that, because even then...

"There is the story of Milarépa and Marpa. Marpa nearly worked Milarépa to death as part of the teaching he gave him. Milarépa had to build and dismantle houses over and over again before Marpa would give him any formal meditation instruction. Every time Milarépa completed a new house, he’d ask Marpa to view it. Milarépa fervently hoped each of the eight times he built a house that it would prove acceptable to Marpa – and that he’d finally obtain the teachings he needed so badly.

Marpa however, would simply rage at him: "Imbecile! It’s the wrong shape, wrong size, in the wrong place, facing the wrong direction! Pull it down and replace every stone just exactly where you found it!" Milarépa had to build those houses with his bare hands, without even the help of a yak or donkey to carry the stones, and after a while he was covered with sores where the stones had rubbed his back.

Now this will sound terrible to Western ears – but Milarépa had something terribly important to learn. Milarépa had committed multiple murders by the aid of the sorcery he had learned from a master of evil mantras. Milarépa had been a vengeful man. He had reasons for his vengefulness which are understandable – but the means of redress were terrible.

He had become the reverse of everything that is compassionate. He’d cultivated the worst motivation. He had left a trail of destruction behind him that was appalling. Marpa’s teaching therefore was to show Milarépa—entirely practically—that to act is infinitely easier than to undo an act.

Think about it. Try breaking an egg. Then try to reassemble the egg. Think how easily you may have had your confidence knocked in the past and exactly what it may have taken to build it up again. Think about the one harsh word that ruined the day—for you—or for somebody else. Think of the expression of an opinion that destroyed a friendship – or the refusal that has led to depression."
i don't think wanting magical powers makes you STS. it's what you DO with those powers is STO or STS or just neutral. the path to learning those powers, decides your polarity though. as you have to either engage the heart, or leave it out. as i understand.
So making this wish isn't STS?: "I wish I could have anything I want, anytime, anywhere for any reason."

Unbound

Ah, but I believe Ra also stated that the more polarized and thus powerful one becomes, the easier it is for them to just switch between polarities. Of course, those on the STO path are, by choice, probably less likely to desire to want to switch, whereas there is certainly incentive for STS to switch their actions.

The story of Milarepa shows the mechanism of karma at work, in my opinion. In order to atone for the magic powers he had gained with malicious intent and thus become capable of receiving the vibration of the light magics of good intentions he had to go through the process of understanding his previous actions. The whole process changed him, and altered his very make-up.

If you look at the stories around the world, there is not a single one that exists where the apparent "saint" or holy individual hasn't been spurned to their path by the awareness of their own misdeeds and mal-intentions, or at the very least, the misdeeds all around them, which they use as a source of learning. This, of course, is probably preferable to actually doing the misdeeds yourself, and to me, is the whole point of such stories and ancient parables.

(11-24-2012, 09:16 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]So making this wish isn't STS?: "I wish I could have anything I want, anytime, anywhere for any reason."

Honestly, in the realms of magic, that wish is so vague that there's nothing for the energy to concentrate in to and as such to achieve such a wish would mean to undo the very order of the mind.
I'm glad I don't have my desires immediately fulfilled. My mind keeps trying to make wishes and I can't seem to stop it. Every time it does so I feel the energy shifting and sort of unbalancing me. It may be that I'm picking up thoughtforms and not my own wishes. They've at times been pretty perverted.
(11-24-2012, 09:16 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]So making this wish isn't STS?: "I wish I could have anything I want, anytime, anywhere for any reason."

you're the least STS person i know. you're just remembering another density where you can have what you want, i think, and you're having trouble holding onto the 3rd density. try to hold on, and ground. don't judge yourself.
Well, at least at the moment I don't have any burning desires. It's like I have my fill of fantasies (albeit perverted as they are), and then they dissipate. But I then come to despise what used to bring me joy. It's a good thing that my fantasies don't come true because they'd most likely drive me insane.
did your so called perverted fantasies cause you pain? or are you ashamed of them because of public opinion? why do you think you despise them now?
I despise them because I feel like each time I get off to them I'm not learning my lessons of incarnation. I feel these mistakes may cause me to require repeating 3D, with even harder lessons next time. It's my fantasies that I despise. Not furries. I'm not judgmental toward them.
(11-24-2012, 09:57 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I despise them because I feel like each time I get off to them I'm not learning my lessons of incarnation. I feel these mistakes may cause me to require repeating 3D, with even harder lessons next time. It's my fantasies that I despise. Not furries. I'm not judgmental toward them.
Quote:The yellow ray is a focal and very powerful ray and concerns the entity in relation to, shall we say, groups, societies, or large numbers of mind/body/spirit complexes. This orange — we correct ourselves — this yellow-ray vibration is at the heart of bellicose actions in which one group of entities feel the necessity and right of dominating other groups of entities and bending their wills to the wills of the masters. The negative path, as you would call it, uses a combination of the yellow ray and the orange ray in its polarization patterns. These rays, used in a dedicated fashion, will bring about a contact with intelligent infinity. The usual nature of sexual interaction, if one is yellow or orange in primary vibratory patterns, is one of blockage and then insatiable hunger due to the blockage. When there are two selves vibrating in this area the potential for polarization through the sexual interaction is begun, one entity experiencing the pleasure of humiliation and slavery or bondage, the other experiencing the pleasure of mastery and control over another entity. In this way a sexual energy transfer of a negative polarity is experienced.

Questioner: I was thinking more of the possibility of the Orion group having influenced, say, certain members of the Third Reich who I have read reports of having sexual gratification from the observation of the, in some cases, the gassing and killing of entities in the gas chambers.

Ra: I am Ra. We shall repeat these entities had the potential for sexual energy buildup. The choice of stimulus is certainly the choice of the entity. In the case of which you speak, these entities were strongly polarized orange ray, thus finding the energy blockage of power over others, the putting to death being the ultimate power over others; this then being expressed in a sexual manner, though solitary.

In this case the desire would continue unabated and be virtually unquenchable.

You will find, if you observe the entire spectrum of sexual practices among your peoples, that there are those who experience such gratification from domination over others either from rape or from other means of domination. In each case this is an example of energy blockage which is sexual in its nature.

Sometimes when I come to deeply believe that certain behaviors will make me feel unhappy, I become motivated to find a way to change them.
(11-24-2012, 09:57 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I despise them because I feel like each time I get off to them I'm not learning my lessons of incarnation. I feel these mistakes may cause me to require repeating 3D, with even harder lessons next time. It's my fantasies that I despise. Not furries. I'm not judgmental toward them.

NO you're not going to repeat your lessons in the next 3D, and they will not be harsher. you will get to plan that incarnation yourself if you have to repeat 3D, because those who go to 3D and are aware of reincarnation get to plan their incarnations consciously, i believe, and you will probably choose to plan an easier life to balance out this one that has been demanding. it won't be the same Gemini and i for one think you will not repeat. i think joy is praising god and there's nothing wrong with loving things. you're a loving good person, what lessons are you feeling you're not learning? i think you're being too hard on yourself.
Well I'd probably plan out the next life not to seek so hard. I've wanted to see through the veil but what I probably need is a denser veil. I've pretty much lost my belief in ascension. If it happens, I'm not sure if I'd be ready, and honestly not sure if I have the desire for it. I don't know if I want to go to a new Earth or not. It's paradoxical because I'm tired of being here.
you're tired and confused Gemini. i will believe for you that it'll work out and you'll be pleased with being here or there. you're in a place right now where you're unsure of the future, and i can tell you're worried but it'll be ok Gemini. if you're not ready to go 4D you will make a more veiled incarnation in 3D, in the best way for you. i really believe that. but i think if you come to 4D you will also be healed of this oversensitivity and you will feel better. it'll be ok either way.

Unbound

Making the choice of what reality to put one's energy in to is the fundamental catalyst within this density. If you can neither accept the realities you call to yourself (and yes, you are attracting every thought to yourself through the choices of identification), nor are willing to let go of them, they will simply bounce around inside your mind, repeating themselves over and over. Such is the definition of insanity, which is very much related to the stagnation of a choice in a mind, whereby it is never fully made but rather kept swinging back and forth like a pendulum.

Gemini, you need to make a choice for yourself about how you want to be. Your sensitivity is a powerful gift and can very much be used to your advantage if you are willing to do the work and make the changes to discover the true nature of your own mind and power. Of course, there is nothing wrong with the way you are, but you have within your power and capability to expand in to greater awareness of yourself.

Grounding, as suggested, is wonderful advice for anyone and everyone, it's so fundamental to a healthy energy system.
I just came across this quote and thought it relevant:

1.9 Wrote:Questioner: If an individual makes efforts to act as a catalyst in general to increase the awareness of planetary consciousness, is he of any aid in that direction, or is he doing nothing but acting upon himself?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall answer your question in two parts, both of which are important equally.

Firstly, you must understand that the distinction between yourself and others is not visible to us. We do not consider that a separation exists between the consciousness-raising efforts of the distortion which you project as a personality and the distortion which you project as an other personality. Thus, to learn is the same as to teach unless you are not teaching what you are learning; in which case you have done you/they little or no good. This understanding should be pondered by your mind/body/spirit complex as it is a distortion which plays a part in your experiences at this nexus.

To turn to the second part of our response may we state our understanding, limited though it is.

Group-individuated consciousness is that state of sharing understanding with the other distortions of mind/body/spirit complexes, which are within the evident reach of the mind/body/spirit complex individual or group. Thus, we are speaking to you and accepting both our distortions and your own in order to enunciate the laws of creation, more especially the Law of One. We are not available to many of your peoples, for this is not an easily understood way of communication or type of philosophy. However, our very being is hopefully a poignant example of both the necessity and the near-hopelessness of attempting to teach.

Each of those in this group is striving to use, digest, and diversify the information which we are sending this instrument into the channels of the mind/body/spirit complex without distortion. The few whom you will illuminate by sharing your light are far more than enough reason for the greatest possible effort. To serve one is to serve all. Therefore, we offer the question back to you to state that indeed it is the only activity worth doing: to learn/teach or teach/learn. There is nothing else which is of aid in demonstrating the original thought except your very being, and the distortions that come from the unexplained, inarticulate, or mystery-clad being are many. Thus, to attempt to discern and weave your way through as many group mind/body/spirit distortions as possible among your peoples in the course of your teaching is a very good effort to make. We can speak no more valiantly of your desire to serve.
(11-25-2012, 05:02 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Gemini, you need to make a choice for yourself about how you want to be. Your sensitivity is a powerful gift and can very much be used to your advantage if you are willing to do the work and make the changes to discover the true nature of your own mind and power. Of course, there is nothing wrong with the way you are, but you have within your power and capability to expand in to greater awareness of yourself.

Grounding, as suggested, is wonderful advice for anyone and everyone, it's so fundamental to a healthy energy system.

I'm learning not to post about my experiences while they are happening because the conclusions I draw in the moment tend to be mistaken when I look back later.

Right now I could say that energy is coming in through the top of my head pretty much on its own, and that I balance this by mentally pulling energy in through my root chakra. I do notice that when pressure on my chakras begins to increase somewhat, there are subtle changes in the quality of the light I am seeing. Physical light seems to become a bit more "pure" for a few moments. I just have to keep it balanced so that my upper chakras don't get too heavy.

The energy can feel a little dense. I don't know if it's kundalini or if it's 4th density light. Not sure.
This video really spoke to me. Some concepts like the Universe being in your heart, emotions and eternal being were presented.

(11-22-2012, 10:16 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]A man climbs a mountain and stays there alone for years meditating and praying. His desire is only to know the bliss of union with God. Is this STS or STO?

Another man climbs another mountain and stays there alone for years praying and meditating. His desire is to learn to levitate, to walk on water, and to transport objects through telekinesis. Is this STS or STO?

Another man climbs a third mountain and stays there alone for years meditating and praying. His desire is to change the world so that the air and oceans are clean, the people are all at peace, and there is plenty for all. Is this STS or STO?

80.11 Wrote:Questioner: Could I say, then, that implicit in the process of becoming adept is the seeming polarization towards service to self because the adept becomes disassociated with many of his kind?

Ra: I am Ra. This is likely to occur. The apparent happening is disassociation whether the truth is service to self and thus true disassociation from other-selves or service to others and thus true association with the heart of all other-selves and disassociation only from the illusory husks which prevent the adept from correctly perceiving the self and other-self as one.

80.12 Wrote:Questioner: Then you say that this effect of disassociation on the service-to-others adept is a stumbling block or slowing process in reaching that goal to which he aspires? Is this correct?

Ra:
I am Ra. This is incorrect. This disassociation from the miasma of illusion and misrepresentation of each and every distortion is a quite necessary portion of an adept’s path. It may be seen by others to be unfortunate.