Bring4th

Full Version: Harry Potter, and looking for archetypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.pateo.nl/English/harrypotter.htm

this is an interesting page which attempts to map out the main characters of the Harry Potter series to astrological archetypes.

I was a big fan of the books (not the movies so much).

JK Rowling seemed inspired to convey this narrative to this current generation.

peace
I started to design a Tarot deck based on the characters, but never got it done. I'm surprised no one has done that yet. (or maybe they have?)
I love HP ! BigSmile
@Patrick/Valtor

and Harry Potter loves you, I'm sure! Smile

yeah, HP is the mythology for our times. I remember seeing the movies alternating with the Lord of the Rings ones ... year by year. Good times.

(11-23-2012, 04:49 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I started to design a Tarot deck based on the characters, but never got it done. I'm surprised no one has done that yet. (or maybe they have?)

I think there's a HP tarot deck on deviantart ... should come up in a search result. Not all that impressive though, at least to my eyes.

if you've got some sketches of your work or plan I'd love to see them!

- -

as for the original link above ... the archetypes tend to make a good basis for fiction as they have a way of reaching down into the unconscious mind ... and playing the notes of the Logos. One doesn't have to be aware of it to enjoy the effects ... it is just a deeply satisfying part of good storytelling (usually).

the kaballah is the archetypal system I know the least about. If anyone has any experience with it, a new thread would be just awesome. thanks!
(11-24-2012, 12:50 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]if you've got some sketches of your work or plan I'd love to see them!

No, I didn't get that far. I just planned out which characters fit which archetypes, and I don't even remember that anymore - was about 6-7 years ago, when my son was reading the books. I think I quit working on it when I realized there were still more books to come. I planned to resume once I read the rest of the books, but never picked up the project again after that. I'm not a Tarot expert - just a dabbler! - so I wasn't really qualified to take it on.

(11-24-2012, 12:50 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]as for the original link above ... the archetypes tend to make a good basis for fiction as they have a way of reaching down into the unconscious mind ... and playing the notes of the Logos. One doesn't have to be aware of it to enjoy the effects ... it is just a deeply satisfying part of good storytelling (usually).

Agreed. I think the archetypes are to be found in any good work of literature, as well as the so-called 'holy' books. That's why Christians think their bible is 'alive.' Is, to them. It becomes an oracle for them, just as we might use the Tarot.
Do you think the posters of this forum might fall into archetypal categories? I wonder Tongue
(11-24-2012, 02:39 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think the posters of this forum might fall into archetypal categories? I wonder Tongue

What an intriguing idea!