Bring4th

Full Version: How do you work out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Avocado

I want to increase the function, strength and health of my body through working out but don't know where to begin.

I like to do sprints every week but I want to work all muscles in my body. I want to tune up my machine.

I plan on getting some cordeceps mushrooms which increases our capacity for oxygen. I like to consume mass quantities of produce to boost my health such as kale. What else can I do to aide my goal? I was thinking of getting some hemp protein to eat before working out in case I didn't have any protein that day.

I have a pretty good understanding of health and how it relates to diet but not so much in the area of working out. I seek general information. I hope someone who has already done the work could pass it on to me. What kinds of exercises should I do, how often, any surprising tips? What kinds of things can I do with no workout equipment? Any good links? Thanks.
I've been thinking about getting into kettlebell training (courtesy of our man Rogan there). I have a really basic magnetic rower machine and a treadmill as well. Pull up bar is something I never really got into but I probably should.

But yea, kettlebells work towards functional strength and are pretty much full body all the time. I was going to check out the workout that Joe Rogan is now selling on his site too... Hard to find the time to work out right now tho; gotta change that!
kettlebells are fun ... albeit dangerous.

the 5x5 program has its proponents, and seems quite simple and effective.

I got deeply into this stuff for about 6 months, then got a little bored of it.

there is a tendency (correction, I have a tendency) to get obsessive about these things, and try to perfect the routine. One always comes up short.

fun though, I wasted a lot of money and learnt a lot Tongue
Hit the gym my friend. Some squats, deadlifts and bench presses are great strength builders for the body.
What I do is 3 x 10 pushups (jumping with my hands as added difficulty), 3 x 15 umm dunno what its called, being on my back, knees pointing up and moving the upper body up and down (stomach muscles). 3 x 10 squats with you're own body weight (jumping for added difficulty). With 1 minute pauses between every rep and set.

Doing it everyday once (if I ain't lazy Tongue), usually at mornings. Takes about 15-20 min, been doing it for over 80 times now. I keep a diary to write the time, when I did the exercises and how much I did em.

Simple and fast, a routine that one can basically do anywhere. Its a long term plan, though there are palpable results already.

Too easy, too hard? Get creative BigSmile

Cyan

(11-25-2012, 02:15 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Hit the gym my friend. Some squats, deadlifts and bench presses are great strength builders for the body.

Rather do it well with guidance for 3-6 months than do it unwell without guidance constantly. PRefer to do it well with guidance at all times ofcourse but we all get what we can.
I did Kung Fu for a few years and found that an excellent way to get my body and mind into shape Smile
Exercise yields your solar plexus as well, win-win.
Bikram Yoga 8D
I lie down on my bed and imagine I'm running a marathon and lifting weights lol
I did not want to respond initially, although one comment had me wondering about this. But now I feel like if my advice is helpful to anyone, then it was worth it. Please throw it away if you feel discouraged by it.

I have tried many things in my life when I was young. Several sports, weight lifting for around half a year, and then when I got into computers, I stopped. Until last year.

I got in quite good shape thanks to doing very basic things like yoga, excessive stretching and doing some weight lifting at home. But then I have read a few materials that described the concept where one exercises without using external weights, and I find myself more and more attracted to them.

Basically, the idea of benching a lot of KG's might be fascinating to some, but it literally adds dead weight to your body. You will not use those muscles to defend yourself, you will not use those muscles to climb trees, you will not be having a healthier circulation (because it IS a dead weight), you will just be able to perform a specific task over and over and over, at the expense of your body's long term health.

If you want to be strong and healthy, do not use weights. Use natural methods like pushups, leg lifting, climbing, climbing the stairs, stretching and endurance training. Use and build your body as a whole, do not pick and favor specific muscles. Ask yourself: what do you want to do with this? You do not want to fight or intimidate others? Then do not let yourself feel bad if you do not follow the mainstream body builder road. One can be strong without those tools.

I will get back to all of you once I am in a more advanced stage in my training, cause I would want to back these ideas up with some more experience, but I can safely say that after 3 months of one specific weightless training, my chest/shoulder area is stronger than it ever was, and it does not necessary look like that is the case, if we only look at the muscle increase. Which is not non-existent, but still, not as much if I were simply increasing the weights on those parts of my training Tongue

Balance and movement is the key in this one, as always. And do not neglect your legs. Tongue
My best condition was a result of skateboarding. I could do one handed hand stands. I would do my push-ups while in a hand stand. One night I found that I was able to do a 5 mile sprint without losing breath.

Avocado

Actually Rogan was who inspired me to want to work out more. BigSmile I like my appearance but I want functional strength so that I can use it to do things that make life easier. Like lift heavy things. And I like the idea of sweating out toxins. Plus the winter is coming and I wont be sprinting outside as much... but I guess that means I can snowboard! forgot about that.

I wasn't aware of this dead weight thing Oldern. I'll look into it. Maybe I should just do yoga because I like streching but I wouldn't know where to start there either. google time. but I do like the idea of doing things naturally. That's why I started sprinting instead of jogging. So I can have the skill to take down a mammoth with my clan. Cool
Yoga.

Cyan

Rarely

Avocado

" his workouts consisted of single sets of high intensity reps which were super-setted, focusing on ‘negative’ muscle exercises to fatigue the muscles. "

http://www.kratosguide.com/the-colorado-...n-28-days/
I'm an early riser so I always jog early in the morning. Sometimes if I still have the energy I do 50 sit ups and 25 knee push ups. But jogging is my favorite exercise.
Join gym as you will not only suggested best workout plan from instructor but also you will be given meal plans also to meet your fitness goals.

Facial Hyperhidrosis Treatment
I can't really work out cause I had a mini-stroke years ago and can't afford a further increase in blood pressure. I already have high blood pressure.