Bring4th

Full Version: Saturn’s Swirling North Pole from Cassini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From http://www.universetoday.com/98667/incre...orth-pole/

[Image: N00198376.jpg]
Saturn’s north polar vortex
[Image: Saturn-North-Pole-RGB.jpg]
Color composite of Saturn’s north polar vortex
[Image: W00077190.jpg]
Saturn’s northern hexagon
[Image: Saturn-Hex-RGB.jpg]
Saturn’s northern hexagon – color composite
I'd like to hear 'modern science's BS excuse for why there is a vortex, let alone hexagonal... BigSmile

Meerie

That's the council of Saturn, holding a meeting at a round table
Smile
Most planets in the Sol system have polar vortexes. I believe the idea of the shape of Saturn's is some manner of a standing wave form.

Personally I find the double eyed hurricane pattern on the south pole of venus to be more interesting, but decidedly less visually stunning. Especially because the sides of the the hexagon are wider the Earth. Earth in those pictures would be about the size of that center swirl
(11-29-2012, 03:43 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to hear 'modern science's BS excuse for why there is a vortex, let alone hexagonal... BigSmile

Why do you like to hear BS excuses?
I find the wild stretching of accepted mainstream theories to match phenomenon to be humorous.
(11-29-2012, 04:13 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I find the wild stretching of accepted mainstream theories to match phenomenon to be humorous.
Why?
Some years back I recall a couple of European scientist stretch the limits of believability/gullibility by suggesting the hexagonal vortex on Saturn was a natural event and can be duplicated easily on earth.

They semi-froze water and swirled it in some fashion, did some other fancy maneuvers and sure enough there was a hexagonal vortex. There was reference made to the numerous naturally occurring hexagonal formations in nature, and that, really, a hexagonal vortex spinning at hundreds of thousands of miles per hour for several decades, could easily be explained. It was indeed humorous!
(11-30-2012, 01:49 AM)jacrob Wrote: [ -> ]Some years back I recall a couple of European scientist stretch the limits of believability/gullibility by suggesting the hexagonal vortex on Saturn was a natural event and can be duplicated easily on earth.

They semi-froze water and swirled it in some fashion, did some other fancy maneuvers and sure enough there was a hexagonal vortex. There was reference made to the numerous naturally occurring hexagonal formations in nature, and that, really, a hexagonal vortex spinning at hundreds of thousands of miles per hour for several decades, could easily be explained. It was indeed humorous!

Are you implying that the vortex is not natural?
Am I the only one that sees bodies spinning around in the first one? To me, it looks like a depiction of what hell would look like if its existed