Bring4th

Full Version: The 100th monkey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can see the 100th monkey effect occuring on a grand scale at this time. More and more people are diving into the truth/light that has been increasing. This should lead to some very interesting changes.

Anybody else notice something similar?

Here's a video that tells the story of the 100th monkey + a bit of inspiration and good music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1igUcfw-g
Change yourself and the Universe will change around you.
I've seen this happening.
There's a controversy over whether the 100th monkey effect actually took place in the wild. The people who wrote about it quoted a Japanese scientist but that source was not verified. Regardless, it's possible this could happen, although change would require social contact to instigate change. That would be no problem for us, as we have something called the Internet. Perhaps we do not know that people are engaging in certain types of behavior until we know what to look at?
Rie's right: the 100th monkey story is a myth, but it is also an effective metaphor for a real evolutionary phenomenon, and not without truth. To give an example: apparently, when a group of lab rats somewhere learns to perform a certain task/develop a certain habit/fight off a certain disease when they didn't know how to do so previously, afterwards the knowledge of the task spreads with near impossible rapidity to the species throughout the world, so that the same experiment performed in another country would take much less time. In other words, it appears that there is, in reality, some sort of subtle connecting energetic link throughout a given species--not just to the intuition of people like us on this forum, but to materialistic science.

Obviously, we're all aware here that mainstream science is simply slowly--though less and less slowly these days--catching up to what the soul knows already. Still, it's nice to see it happening.

So there IS a 100th monkey syndrome--it's just not necessarily 100, and not the story that is used to illustrate it. The story resonates and the term sticks anyway because, like any good myth, it illustrates the truth.
(11-29-2012, 12:43 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]There's a controversy over whether the 100th monkey effect actually took place in the wild. The people who wrote about it quoted a Japanese scientist but that source was not verified. Regardless, it's possible this could happen, although change would require social contact to instigate change. That would be no problem for us, as we have something called the Internet. Perhaps we do not know that people are engaging in certain types of behavior until we know what to look at?

The 100th monkey effect is real, (IE collective consciousness) whether or not the 100th monkey experiment was verified doesn't really matter.
The idea of the 100th monkey is what I wanted to focus on.

When I first posted this, it was under the "Harvest" forum, because I believe that the percentages referred to and the idea of "squares" and squaring, is closely related.

Why do some open up to you when they have trouble opening up to most others? Why can you feel a strong connection when you share energies through understanding and even vicinity? If the world reflects your Created reality back unto you, doesn't it make sense that something like the hundredth monkey would occur? When you reach a certain point of awareness, you can then encounter/recognize that same awarenes all around you.