Bring4th

Full Version: Do Grains Cause Genetic Mutation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vao...11690.html

Quote:Establishing the age of each mutation segregating in contemporary human populations is important to fully understand our evolutionary history1, 2 and will help to facilitate the development of new approaches for disease-gene discovery3. Large-scale surveys of human genetic variation have reported signatures of recent explosive population growth4, 5, 6, notable for an excess of rare genetic variants, suggesting that many mutations arose recently. To more quantitatively assess the distribution of mutation ages, we resequenced 15,336 genes in 6,515 individuals of European American and African American ancestry and inferred the age of 1,146,401 autosomal single nucleotide variants (SNVs). We estimate that approximately 73% of all protein-coding SNVs and approximately 86% of SNVs predicted to be deleterious arose in the past 5,000–10,000 years. The average age of deleterious SNVs varied significantly across molecular pathways, and disease genes contained a significantly higher proportion of recently arisen deleterious SNVs than other genes. Furthermore, European Americans had an excess of deleterious variants in essential and Mendelian disease genes compared to African Americans, consistent with weaker purifying selection due to the Out-of-Africa dispersal. Our results better delimit the historical details of human protein-coding variation, show the profound effect of recent human history on the burden of deleterious SNVs segregating in contemporary populations, and provide important practical information that can be used to prioritize variants in disease-gene discovery.

This says that the majority of the genetic mutations contributing to poor health occurred in the last 5,000-10,000 years, which corresponds to the advent of a grain-based diet for sedentary populations.

I also remember reading something about how it is known to archaeologists that chronic diseases became much more common when cultures switched to a grain-based diet.

I think it is interesting that those of European descent seem to have more mutations, as wheat is the primary grain of choice. Wheat seems to give people more trouble than corn or rice. Although there are of course exceptions. For example my body responds most poorly to corn.
I think everything out there will cause genetic mutation. So I find it useful to "mutate" in the most beneficial way. That is to utilize those things that have been proven to upgrade us or make us more efficient. Not "more of the same" or "humans have done this for thousands of years". That kind of thinking does not allow for advancement or evolution when it comes knocking on the door.

Grain is not all that good for us. You can get an idea of how beneficial each would be by the amount used in processed foods. The most commonly used will coincide with the least benefit for us.

I am currently trying to design a set of questions for my guidance group. I was recently told that I could make a snack that had all of the nutrients I needed for good health, for use on a daily schedule. This is odd as far as we are supposed to mix it up normally. So I am very curious, just haven't gone in depth on the idea yet.
(11-30-2012, 04:03 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I think everything out there will cause genetic mutation. So I find it useful to "mutate" in the most beneficial way. That is to utilize those things that have been proven to upgrade us or make us more efficient.

Yes, that is a good point. There is beneficial mutation too! But I think they were specifically looking at the ones which are associated with disease in this study.

Quote:Not "more of the same" or "humans have done this for thousands of years". That kind of thinking does not allow for advancement or evolution when it comes knocking on the door.

You are right. I think you may have been misunderstanding the "thousands of years" angle. I just mean that thousands of years of philosophical debates hasn't yielded any definitive answers. Not to mean that because "this is the way we have always done it, therefore that is the way it should be done." That kind of thinking is fallacious, as you have pointed out.

Quote:Grain is not all that good for us. You can get an idea of how beneficial each would be by the amount used in processed foods. The most commonly used will coincide with the least benefit for us.

Agreed.

Quote:I am currently trying to design a set of questions for my guidance group. I was recently told that I could make a snack that had all of the nutrients I needed for good health, for use on a daily schedule. This is odd as far as we are supposed to mix it up normally. So I am very curious, just haven't gone in depth on the idea yet.

That sounds interesting! What kind of guidance group is it? Do you mean coming up with a single recipe that fulfills all the body's nutritional needs? At one point I tried to devise a whole day's meal plan that met all the body's nutritional needs- and was unable to do it in less than 2200 calories of food.

Are you familiar with the nutrient search tool on nutritiondata.com? It allows you to reverse search for foods by nutrient. Could be helpful.
Cool! That reverse search just might come in handy.

As for my group, last night there were 14 observing spirits, six spirit guides, nine source guides, eight 4D humans that appear to be "family" that I have been unaware of, four ET guides, three angels, two greys, and my higher self. All in my "space". Much different than the couple of random guides that i first began to work with.

It is very useful to be aware of what is in our space, as if there is negative influence or energies, it means there is a direct influence on us in some way. This will also have an effect on how we deal with or assimilate "nutrition".
(11-30-2012, 07:19 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]As for my group, last night there were 14 observing spirits, six spirit guides, nine source guides, eight 4D humans that appear to be "family" that I have been unaware of, four ET guides, three angels, two greys, and my higher self. All in my "space". Much different than the couple of random guides that i first began to work with.

No partridge in a pear tree? BigSmile So... does each of your guides introduce the others, or do they just appear on their own? And what kind of guidance do they give?

Some years ago I was in with a crowd that was was constantly talking to, and about, their guides. One friend was a trance channel who held a weekly group session. I was always trying to ask the "angels" questions about themselves- What is it like in their own dimension? How do they interact with each other? And so on.

But most people came to ask questions about themselves... Should I take that job? Should I end my relationship? etc. I never understood why the "angels" should be telling us what to do, anyway, but their answer was always the same: Do what would bring you the most joy.

It was funny to watch week after week the same people coming with "different" questions, but they were always about what they should or shouldn't do. Hilarious!

After a while I decided I would just get in touch with my own spirit guides. But the funny thing was, the more I interacted with, the more conflicted they became in their guidance!

Plus- I wasn't sure that I was getting good guidance at all because I was "guided" into more than one relationship that was pretty disastrous. I dunno... maybe that is just what I needed to learn at the time.

Anyway, one day I had it up to my ears with all these guides in my space, so I cast a circle and told them all to get out. (I hardly ever try to do magic mind you.)

Quote:This will also have an effect on how we deal with or assimilate "nutrition".

That's a very interesting thought. How did you arrive at this conclusion?
Quote: No partridge in a pear tree?
My thought exactly! I almost added that!
Quote: That's a very interesting thought. How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Ra would call it energizing a preexisting option. But if you go through the transcripts you will also find that they also block energy if possible. This should give clue as to why the "perfect diet" does not "work for all". Remove the personality and all of its programmed defects and the natural body will function exactly like the next.
(11-30-2012, 08:01 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: No partridge in a pear tree?
My thought exactly! I almost added that!
Quote: That's a very interesting thought. How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Ra would call it energizing a preexisting option. But if you go through the transcripts you will also find that they also block energy if possible. This should give clue as to why the "perfect diet" does not "work for all". Remove the personality and all of its programmed defects and the natural body will function exactly like the next.

Where do you think gut microbes fit into this? For example, experiments have shown that there are actually three gut microbiomes that associate with the human body. In fact- since these microbes outnumber human cells by at least 100 to 1, some are even using the word "superorganism" to imply that the body is, itself, an ecosystem.

Turns out each gut "enterotype" utilizes distinct patterns of metabolism. One requires more thiamine, another more biotin, and the third group requires more iron.
Yeah the body is on borrow. Part of the idea of karma is connected to what we do with it and how much we do while borrowing it. The gut bacteria and ecosystem are a good way to look at it. I don't put a lot of thought into it since that bacteria will change with our habits. With only three, maybe you can find an analogy of the three paths and balance lol!
(11-30-2012, 04:03 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently trying to design a set of questions for my guidance group. I was recently told that I could make a snack that had all of the nutrients I needed for good health, for use on a daily schedule. This is odd as far as we are supposed to mix it up normally. So I am very curious, just haven't gone in depth on the idea yet.

You should call it Pickle Bread to confuse people.