Bring4th

Full Version: drug-like effects during meditation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
first up, I would like to say that I have no issue at all with chemical or plant-based substances in inducing an altered state of consciousness. Some of them (like DMT) can be used once, are non addictive, and forever life-changing. Positives all round.

however, my own life plan has led me neither to have the inclination nor the opportunity to pursue those experiences. So, for the most part, my 35 year old life has been relatively normal when it comes to the department of headstates.

however, meditation seems to have unlocked that door, at least a little.

others here have described how their own meditations have led them to seeing visions. My belief is that when one has balanced oneself internally, from chakras red to blue, then the indigo ray begins to open up, and that wonderful nectar of intelligent energy becomes available for conscious use.

now others have been born with an open indigo ray. They normally identify as psychics fairly early on, hear the voices of their guides quite clearly, and have lots of spiritual metaphysical stuff happen as par for the course. Life is naturally filled with strange wonders.

for the rest of us, this indigo ray is a prized possession that is all so elusive. I myself didn't quite realise how to go about attaining it. I sort of stumbled upon it just following the recommendations of Ra.

so what happened? I have started noticing more paranormal effects during my meditative state. Voices from my spirit guides, contact with my higher self, contact with external entities. The tableau of archetypes also became animated, and alive.

the other quality about pursuing this particular method is that one does not ever feel overwhelmed or overmatched by the experience. The reason, I believe, is that the indigo ray only opens to the degree that the rest of your energy body can handle; ie the more stable and balanced chakras 1-5 are, the more chakra 6 can open and release the indigo energy. It is like a self-regulating system. One is prepared and ready for the experience because one is prepared and ready for the experience, if you can follow the circular argument. You are not given more than you can grok.
I remember having a negative experience with indigo ray as a teenager, which was due to blockage in my lower rays. I might go 'back in time' to reassure my 'little girl' that all is well (figuratively speaking).

Reading your post has brought on a light-bulb experience. Thank you, Plenum!

Unbound

Having played around with psychedelics I can say two things - one, it is a profound experience and, like a dream, can be used to gain much wisdom and connection with yourself and two - it is absolutely unnecessary, and it takes extra balancing sometimes in order to accomodate with the "stretched" portions of consciousness.

That being said, in my personal experience, the states I experience through meditation are not of the same type as the dreamscapes of psychedelics. The primary difference being that in meditation it is obviously much more within the bounds of what is really accessible for me, whereas psychedelics can sometimes open doors that you are not ready to walk through.

However, on the other hand, my psychedelic experiences were a major source of ego death for me, and while I say they are unnecessary, I cannot deny the role they have played in my own awakening, even if it was just a matter of verification or expansion. That being said, I haven't used any psychedelics in awhile, and I am very conscientious of the act at this point as I have much respect for the capacities, and a lot of my time spent after psychedelics was based around grounding a lot of the expansions I experienced.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to the individual. Some people work incredibly well with psychedelics and it's more like coming home than shifting away from reality. It all comes down to how you use it and the intention you hold while engaging.
I've only done a small amount of psilocybin once in terms of hallucinogenic drugs. It gave things more spiritual significance in my eyes, I started seeing things as test between good and evil. I didn't have any hallucinations but my eyes were moving in a way that made it difficult to focus on any one thing. I wouldn't mind trying it again someday I suppose, but hopefully in a more natural setting. Smile

As for meditation, I've had some interesting experiences, past life regressions, visualizations of abstract concepts, one time my heart started talking to me, that sort of thing. I have a hard time getting to that state because I have somewhat of an overactive mind at times but when I do reach it I am rewarded for my efforts. I've found that I get the best results while listening to music, specifically this guy here's musicand meditating with a big clear quartz crystal. I had one really amazing vision while listening to the album Law of One, which I posted here.

Cyan

I rarely have meditation like effects when on drugs. Sometimes but rarely. MEditation is stronger for me in inducing "effects" than drugs. Drugs are for perceptual filter polishing / unpolishing / adapting and so on.