Bring4th

Full Version: My First Ayahuasca Trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was several years ago, but I was just called to share this information in another thread: Is the Law of One harmonious with the Abrahamic faiths?

I thought this information might also be useful or interesting to those not participating in that particular thread, and so am reposting it here for its own consideration.

Tenet Nosce Wrote:One time- on an ayahuasca trip- I was specifically given the image of islands floating in a vast sea. The sea represented our physical universe. Each of the islands had a long cylindrical growth (like a rod) on its underside, reaching deep down into the sea below, and providing a counterbalance against waves rippling through the sea. Also- some type of energy was being drawn up the rod from the sea to support the islands.

I was given the impression that, as those inhabiting the islands grew in awareness through incarnation into the physical, the balancing rod grew thicker and deeper down into the sea. I was further given the impression that the inhabitants of one of these islands decided to do an "experiment" and artificially extend their rod in order to draw more energy from the sea.

Something went "wrong" and it caused huge explosions in the sea. Huge tidal waves went rippling across the sea, causing the nearest islands to pitch and dive precariously... particularly the ones whose balancing rods were not highly developed.

A coalition was made to repair the damage, however in order to do this, the inhabitants of the affected islands needed to go underwater (i.e. physically incarnate) and make the adjustments from the inside.

Here on the flip-side of Creation, earth is the place where this explosions occurred. We experienced these as the detonation of nuclear weapons.

Thus, the "bridges" to be constructed are those between the inhabitants of the affected islands, now incarnated on earth, and those incarnated from the island where the experiment took place. The intent is to use those bridges for dissemination of information which can help to balance the errors in philosophy which provided the foundation for the development of the nuclear weapons.

These errors primarily revolve around a dualistic theology/cosmology wherein there are "good" and "evil" forces in the world. This is the philosophical foundation for the idea that "evil" could be eradicated through the use of nuclear weapons, or threats thereof.
thanks for sharing
well, that's the second time he's shared it, so you should thank him twice, Oceania.

@TN ty x 2

Cyan

Let me join in on the fun, heres my first from about 3 years ago or so:

Here is a trip involving Ayahuasca from Syrian Rue and Mimosa Hostilis. Both a train wreck of a trip and a glowing trip at a same time... Here goes

I've meditated and done healings for 15 years now. I get fairly common visuals when I meditate deeply and I get a lot of fairly clear spiritual messages and see the dream world as a side of the real world almost at all times. When i meditate and focus on a wall i can literally see the wall melt away slowly and reveal the underlying fabric of space which looks a fair bit like an ayahuasca trip. But this happens in my minds eye and not in clear visuals. The stuff that people write about that ayahuasca teaches them of the spiritual world, to me, seems self evident. It is the world that i live in, in my mind very often. This is my spiritual background. To put it in a spiritual context, the 7th and 6th centers are quite open and more or less stable, i think.

But going downwards. I was sexually abused as a child and have some level of PTSD and fear of existence as a whole. I have worked it out to a point where my everyday life is fulfilling and happy/content. But apparently i had not worked it out enough.

Now, at this point you have some background info.

I prepared 20 grams of Syrian and 30 of Mimosa with the intent to drink 1/3-1/4th of both at most and save rest for later, so precise dosage is hard to estimate but between 3-6 g of syrian and 5-10g of mimosa. This was also my first heavy psychedelic. SO, too much too early, i know.

I had 2 spiritual friends over as trip watchers.

At T 0 I took a sip from the Syrian, it tasted a bit bitter but otherwise quite good.

T: 15 I had consumed about half of the total Syrian I intended to consume. First sip of Hostilis, tasted like cranberry juice.

T: 30 Consumed all of the Syrian I intended to consume, drank more hostilis.

T: 45 Drank my intended dose of hostilis. At about 5 grams. First mild visuals.

T: 1 hour started vomiting, felt a panic creeping up. First good visuals of tracers following my hand, the spirit in the plant is "calm" and showing very gentle motions and very loving feelings, I'm unable to accept it.

T: 1:15 Panic keeps going strong and visuals getting stronger. I'm seated the whole time (which in hindsight was a f***-up on my part, I should have been lying down.

T: 1:30 Panic keeps going strong and visuals are quite nice. The spirit in the vine is showing very calm visuals like Tracers and shining objects. The "energy" the plant is giving me is intently nice and friendly. I am just panicing out of my mind at the thought of having to become healthy. (This is an issue for me)

T: 1:45 Deep sense of panic, absolute horror, as i know that i will be healed by this vine to such an extent that i am not ready to face. I realize that its going the wrong way around since I'm attempting to harm myself emotionally to stop the healing and that it will take a bad turn if i don't stop the panic cycle thats been going on for an hour now, I see a visual of 3 cartoon sheep eating a cartoon bush at the bottom of my vomit bin. I feel like the plant is talking to me very calmly that it will be alright, that she will not harm me in any way, that its going to be the kind of "see, this is a cartoon bush, see this is a mandala" kind of thing. But my mind is running away scared from the thought that this will HEAL me, not HARM me.

T: 2:00 I realize I'm not yet ready to let go of my traumas, I chew 3 Xanor to stop the trip.

T: 2:03-4 I vomit out the Xanor

T: 2:15 At this point im repeating to the plant in my voice that I understand now what I need to work at and that im not yet ready to face it that its taking a wrong turn and so on. At this point I've had a non stop panic for 1½ hours about getting well and my only intent is to prevent the trip itself since i knew that if i go into the vine world I will simply intentionally (subconciously) seek out the worst possible images and spirits to stop myself from being healed. Which is EXACTLY not the way to go into an Aya trip. I call an amb.

T: 2:16 As i put down the phone the trip comes to a quick calming down. Tracers start to vanish and i just feel wobbly.

T: 2:25 amb arrives and i calmly explain my situation and that i would prefer some simple sleeping pills or such since it will probably just go over soon enough, but im not opposed to being taken to the hospital, if they think its a good idea.

T: 3:00 visuals for the most part stop and I can sense the spirit saying that it will be ready when I am, I'm filled with a sense of deep calm about this and apologize to the spirit that I was not yet ready to come Face to Face with my own fears or being healthy. That my motivation was impure at the moment. I feel a deep sense of gratitude that the spirit in the short 1½ that i had with it showed me in my mind in clarity that my issue is my fear of life, where it stems from and what i need to do before I'll be ready to face it again.

At this point It's still going strongly in my system, I sense that if i focus on it, it would return. I close my eyes and focus on it for a moment and i immediately see a brown vortex in front of my eyes. The spirit gives me a sense of calm and leaves and says it will be there I'm ready.

Kept in for overnight observation and released early morning. No police report made.

Its now T:18 I feel calm but occasional very very mild panic attacks which are precisely what I need now, to keep me jolted from my normal sense which is the unhealthy self to the more aware and emotionally present self that i am during a mild panic. The spirit has since left my presence and i cant sense it at the moment, I gained a deep understanding of where my issues are and how they work. Whole trip was recorded on video up until the amb call. I plan to spend the next 4-6 months intently working on this fear of life, not of death, that i have. I wish to face Aya again but it showed me just what i needed to see. And just how unprepared i was, despite waiting 8 years from my first intuition that i should at some point take it. I do not expect the need to take it any time in the near future.

In short:

Spirit = calm, nice, well knowing and purely intent to heal people, just as i knew it would be.

Me = Woefully unprepared despite 15 years of meditation to face my own issues.

Trip = Wonderfully enlightening and terrifying at the same time. I was approaching it from as wrong a point of view once it started as is humanely possible.

---

T: 19: I just sat here for an hour talking with one of my trip watchers and we agreed that for me, the issue has always been that i am very eager to risk myself and potentially harm myself. Bungee jumps, backpacking alone and so forth. Things that in a way punish the body or the mind and work at it via that. I have never been that eager or even willing to accept HEALING myself. Since ayahuasca is the epitome of healing the whole idea of doing something to become healthy was so alien to me that it caused me to panic and escape, which was what the amb was about. The vine sensed this and pulled back and let me get accustomed to being healed first and then, when I'm ready, it will be there waiting for me. I've spent 15 years helping others, doing healings and such, to good effect as well. That is why the vine pushed me to the hospital, to teach me that i must first be healed by others, I meditated some months ago and realised i need to go deeper and thus ingested the aya, it didnt take me deeper to my mind, which would be "my" territory. It took me deep into my desire to heal others, why i would harm myself and that i need to let others heal me before I can ask the most potent healer spirit there is to come to my aid. It is a slow steady process that I start now, the vine set me on the right path, showed me I'm not ready yet, but that I will be, eventually. For now I must learn and accept that others will heal me first.

So in the end, even the worst possible train wreck that i can imagine, (for me, chickening out on ANYTHING is the worst possible thing) is the best possible trip that i can imagine. By doing the one thing that was only in its power, making me face my fear of chickening out, it did the one healing that it could. I'm not sure if most of the readers actually get what I'm saying but any trip, no matter how bizarre would not have been as terrifying as bolting out half way through. So, in closing, =D> To anyone who goes an Aya fully through, I'm not yet ready, but hopefully with kind healing and slowly reconnecting with my own softness and such, i will be.
thank you Plenum

thanks for sharing Cyan.

kdsii

Very interesting. I look forward to, and am anxious of, my first experience someday.

(12-01-2012, 03:03 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]Let me join in on the fun, heres my first from about 3 years ago or so:

Here is a trip involving Ayahuasca from Syrian Rue and Mimosa Hostilis. Both a train wreck of a trip and a glowing trip at a same time... Here goes

Cyan

My funniest learning moment about ayahuasca is that the effect is sometimes much stronger on the behavior of those who have not taken it, around those who have taken it.
you mean the first time?
I am really really curious about ayahuasca and I can get it where I live pretty easily (there's a 'shaman' shop in the city that sells it apparently) but I don't think I have IRL friends that are 'spiritual' enough to not freak out at whatevers happening. Maybe my wife, but she'd probably be more nervous than I. So I will wait for the signs to be there that the time is right Tongue

Thanks for the stories both of you! Always fun to read
(12-06-2012, 11:49 PM)hogey11 Wrote: [ -> ]I am really really curious about ayahuasca and I can get it where I live pretty easily (there's a 'shaman' shop in the city that sells it apparently) but I don't think I have IRL friends that are 'spiritual' enough to not freak out at whatevers happening. Maybe my wife, but she'd probably be more nervous than I. So I will wait for the signs to be there that the time is right Tongue

I would recommend to have a trained guide for your journey, i.e. a shaman.

Cyan

(12-07-2012, 02:59 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2012, 11:49 PM)hogey11 Wrote: [ -> ]I am really really curious about ayahuasca and I can get it where I live pretty easily (there's a 'shaman' shop in the city that sells it apparently) but I don't think I have IRL friends that are 'spiritual' enough to not freak out at whatevers happening. Maybe my wife, but she'd probably be more nervous than I. So I will wait for the signs to be there that the time is right Tongue

I would recommend to have a trained guide for your journey, i.e. a shaman.

I would insist on a quide and call you a risktaking *grumpy old man voice*hellraise*endgrumpyoldmanvoice* if you do it without a guide.

=D

No but seriously, from someone who has taken it before and been around people who take it, have a guide with you. For one you may suddenly pass out if you are spiritually inclined and not just complain that it hurts and if you pass out its not "hmm, i feel i faint coming on, i may need to find a comfortable position" its "hmm, i feeeeeeee *knock head hits the floor from sitting down over the toilet from 4 hours of non stop vomiting and diahrea and you end up with your head in the toilet*

Its stuff like that you really need to keep an eye on, that and the tendency to regress to an earlier, pre-non-dumbbutt level of intelligence that thinks its a good and liberating idea to run around buck nekkid through the streets. The quide isnt there to forcibly push you down (they most likely cant) but rather, to hand you stuff like shiny pieces of metal to look at so you can go "oooooh, thats sooo shiny" and forget alll about running around buck nekkid.

Anyway. For the most part it will most likely involve vomiting, feelings of dying or having alrady died, intense borderline insane fear, heart racing like a marathon runner, emptying from both ends of your corporal form with a intensity like a jet engine. Followed by 2-3 weeks aftewards of feeling clean as a whistle.

After the first 2-3 times you may get the hang of the cleaning process and manage to do or say something relevant during the process.

For the first times, thats unlikely...

Anyway, thats my take on it, always always always have a guide/sitter present, preferably 2 due to the interplay of the 2 components being much more interesting to behold than just 1 dude. But, the 1 watcher setting if carefully selected watcher will allow you to peer back into your own soul on a level tha tyou do not consider possible in a veiled state.

Good luck, good bless, and dont be running around buck nekkid now.

[Image: 2012-12-07.gif]

Sinfest is being funny. Rolling down green hills with the year 2012 with a Lil D and a renegade Devil chick that just want to run around doing fun things and not be stuck in the service! BigSmile
I miss Tenant and Cyan Heart

How ayahuasca can revolutionize psychotherapy
http://www.citypages.com/2013-11-20/news...hotherapy/
'A look at the psychoactive brew that brings users a spiritual payoff for their "work"'

Quote:Some of the same doctors and researchers who have, in recent years, gotten FDA approval for breakthrough studies involving MDMA and psilocybin mushrooms are now turning their attention to ayahuasca. Preliminary work suggests the brew could help treat depression, chronic addiction, and fears of mortality.

People with less-defined diagnoses, but a hunger for something missing, say ayahuasca offers something ineffable: compassion, connectedness, spirituality.
Yeah... It's too bad I can't partake in ayahuasca due to (ironically) an overdose of DMT/syrian rue, which is basically the sane thing as ayahuasca. I have a feeling it could help me with some of the issues I've been experiencing lately involving self worth/anxiety.
i've only ever tried mj & salvia d. i can't wait to try aya...actually, i can...currently waiting for the right time.

GRAHAM HANCOCK IS GOD!!!
(11-21-2013, 09:53 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah... It's too bad I can't partake in ayahuasca due to (ironically) an overdose of DMT/syrian rue, which is basically the sane thing as ayahuasca. I have a feeling it could help me with some of the issues I've been experiencing lately involving self worth/anxiety.

Is there a reason why the od prevents you from partaking in ayahuasca?

I, personally, would only do this as part of a purposeful & meaningful ritual/ceremony or therapy session with a 'guide' (shaman, therapist, etc.,) so there's structure and safety :p

(11-21-2013, 11:13 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]i've only ever tried mj & salvia d. i can't wait to try aya...actually, i can...currently waiting for the right time.

What's are the signals/conditions that will herald that the time is right?
(11-21-2013, 11:20 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2013, 09:53 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah... It's too bad I can't partake in ayahuasca due to (ironically) an overdose of DMT/syrian rue, which is basically the sane thing as ayahuasca. I have a feeling it could help me with some of the issues I've been experiencing lately involving self worth/anxiety.

I, personally, would only do this as part of a purposeful & meaningful ritual/ceremony or therapy session with a 'guide' (shaman, therapist, etc.,) so there's structure and safety :p

(11-21-2013, 11:13 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]i've only ever tried mj & salvia d. i can't wait to try aya...actually, i can...currently waiting for the right time.

What's are the signals/conditions that will herald that the time is right?

i'll kno the time is rite when i don't feel as scared of mother aya & i'm certain the day is coming. Smile
(11-21-2013, 11:20 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry, I should have specified why.

I took such a large enough dose that I went through the mental experience of death. I was at home by myself so I panicked and called 911. I kept loudly claiming I was dying, so they offered to call my wife (who was at work). She came down to the hospital and of course I was fine in the end.

As a result, my wife insisted I never take any kind of drug like that ever again. I even tried to negotiate with her suggesting I would do it again in a much safer environment (supervised by a shaman or therapist), but she wouldn't budge.

I'm hoping to change her mind about it eventually but she's pretty stubborn about that kind of thing. Maybe they will release case studies about therapeutic use of ayahuasca and she will change her mind (she's almost done with her masters in psychology/therapy).
There's a renewed interest in the field for sure, like LSD as part of PTSD treatment but I'm kinda questioning bc it could be a path for pharma to gobble up another native healing instrument for their profit.

I could imagine the emotional whirlwind that could happen during this kind of experience... fear, panic, worry, uncertainty, and that dreadful thought of potentially losing a loved one. That could be a big catalyst for lots of people. She must care for you dearly to keep you away from it. Maybe these catalysts may be worked thru using ayahusca. If you guys do go try I wanna go too lol.

Reading over quite a few trip reports, it seems that DMT+inhibitor is more intense that ayahuasca, though it depends on amount and both apparently act on the same receptor..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca#Chemistry Wrote:Harmala alkaloids are MAO-inhibiting beta-carbolines. The three most studied harmala alkaloids in the B. caapi vine are harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine. Harmine and harmaline are selective and reversible inhibitors of monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A), while tetrahydroharmine is a weak serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SRI).

This inhibition of MAO-A allows DMT to diffuse unmetabolized past the membranes in the stomach and small intestine, and eventually cross the blood–brain barrier (which, by itself, requires no MAO-A inhibition) to activate receptor sites in the brain. Without RIMAs or the MAOI of MAO-A, DMT would be oxidised (and thus rendered biologically inactive) by monoamine oxidase enzymes in the digestive tract.

In terms of the effect, its technically identical. DMT is the main ingredient in ayahuasca and syrian rue is an MAO inhibitor. But yes, it is more powerful because you don't ingest most of the extraneous toxic plant matter that makes you vomit up most of it before its absorbed into your stomach/small intestine.
I feel like Syrian Rue would be intense by itself, but with any other highly DMT-concentrated plant priest, woah~!

Fang

What may be of interest to you folks is that harmaline (MAO inhibitor used in ayahuasca) used to called telepathine.
The change in name comes from the botanical tradition of primal favour, it was found in separate parts of the world at different times thus the two names, it was named harmaline in the first discovery so as data got consolidated over the years the official name went back to being harmaline.

Many documented participants of ayahuasca trips profess telepathic communication under the influence, the more you know.
Drugs are bad m'kay.
(11-21-2013, 11:45 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I took such a large enough dose that I went through the mental experience of death. I was at home by myself so I panicked and called 911. I kept loudly claiming I was dying, so they offered to call my wife (who was at work). She came down to the hospital and of course I was fine in the end.

As a result, my wife insisted I never take any kind of drug like that ever again. I even tried to negotiate with her suggesting I would do it again in a much safer environment (supervised by a shaman or therapist), but she wouldn't budge.

I'm hoping to change her mind about it eventually but she's pretty stubborn about that kind of thing. Maybe they will release case studies about therapeutic use of ayahuasca and she will change her mind (she's almost done with her masters in psychology/therapy).

I strongly applaud your respecting the wishes of your significant other self on this matter! Perhaps instead of repeating your request for her permission, just ask her to research a substance or practice to help you and that she would approve.

If she won't do that, just let it go and protect the relationship as your highest priority.

Best wishes.