Bring4th

Full Version: Friends friend could use some love/light.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend has a friend of hers that is talking about killing herself... My friend seemed pretty worried that this was imminent. I have already sent my own love and light to this friend asking angels to help carry it to her as I don't know her name or place of residence. I can assume that she lives near my friend who is in Mcminville, Oregon. If you think you can help please do so :-)

Thanks,
Conifer17
Adonai Vasu Borragus
Namaste <3 :-)
If it is imminent, here are some options:

1) Have your friend talk to her friend's parents or close relatives. Explain the concern and have them look out for the friend. This is very important. If she's reluctant to do so, she could try the suicide hotlines.

2) Call a national suicide hotline:
http://www.suicidehotlines.com/oregon.html (here are some numbers)
Youth hotline http://www.youthline.us/
National Hope Network 1-800-Suicide

Your friend could call and talk to somebody on these suicide hotlines to get more information about what she could do to help her friend.

3) Call a county social worker or mental health agency
http://www.suicidehotlines.com/oregon.html
let me just second what rie said. please get professionals involved in this . that is what they are there for and they most definitely want to help.
I don't know how. My friend has not been online since last night. So I have been unable to suggest to her giving her friend this stuff. :-/

Cyan

You may rememeber from my question to Carla some weeks ago about suicide of close friends that I have faced a similar situation, it has, however, seemed to resolve itself better.

The person in my "story" is now seeing other people and not just stuck at home and has in fact start to slowly socialize so in my case the risk of immediate suicide is far less.

I just hope that you can be there for the 1-3 weeks that are usually most critical if this is a sudden drop in her mental state. IF a long term then this may sound cruel as hell.

But.

I hope you have the good sense to run, and to run like hell. IF a person is depressed for years on end and has a on and off flirtation with suicide. Give her a list of all the good psychiatric, health and alt health contacts in your area, and run like you've never ran before, into the opposite direction.

Mostly because long term depression is one of those few things where, in my experience, solitude for the person in question in combination with knowledge that there is a way out that is not death is usually the only way forward.

If they are not yet able to face the fact that they are flirting with death. Then trying to get them to talk about it WILL almost certainly drive them deeper. In my experience. And the best thing to do is to let them know that just as eager as you are to help, you are eager to provide her with calm and seclusion to think about it, if that is what she wants.

Either way. If you really want to help someone with depression, you need a support team, and you need a large support team. Thats why, in general, i've started to refuse treating depressed people in general. While it is possible to get them to "think about it straight" at least for a day or two. It is usually near impossible to get tha tto maintain, if they are not in a morning till nightfall support enviroment for several months where they are taught from scratch how to control and how NOT TO control their thoughts and actions.

I Dont know, tough situation, love to you and her my friend.