Bring4th

Full Version: On Meditation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello dear all,

I take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am Mihai, from Bucharest, Romania, 33 y.o. I found out about Law of One/Ra Material for 16 years already from a book by Scott Mandelker on wanderers. I purchased the books when I was 16-17 y.o. and they had important influence in my life since then.

I very much enjoy the benefits of internet in the sense of socializing with people that have similar interests in Law of One which is quite a niche teaching, among entire spectre of spirituality (traditional - Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism -, New Age, Esoterism, etc.).

I have a question for you all, i am just curious.
Do you meditate? If so, how often, what exactly are your meditations about (vipassana/anapanasati, listening to sound of silence [as suggested in LOO], devotional, visualizations, simple body/mind awareness, etc.)?

Myself I usually do anapanasati, sound of silence and body awareness, somewhat on a daily basis for variable lengths of time (from 10 minutes up to an hour, depending on available time). I am strongly defined by past experience of spending time at a Buddhist Monastery in UK where I was even a formal novice (anagarika).

What is your experience with meditation?

Thanks and I really appreciate being here Smile
i don't know how to meditate! what exactly is the difference between meditation and just sitting in silence?
(12-04-2012, 06:33 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]i don't know how to meditate! what exactly is the difference between meditation and just sitting in silence?

Well, one of the meditation methods/techniques in the religious tradition or LOO is sitting in silence/listening to sound of silence. But this is just one of them.

Meerie

Welcome Mihai!
Smile
I sometimes do the Gaia meditation (I think Carla describes it somewhere on the LLresearch website)
but not regularly...
meditation is one of the "I guess I should, but most of the time I don't feel like doing it" topics in my life.
For me visualizations work well, or also rituals.
(12-04-2012, 08:03 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]meditation is one of the "I guess I should, but most of the time I don't feel like doing it" topics in my life.

Tongue yep, I can relate to that and learning to be okay with things as they are.
"Golden meditation", the goal of the meditation is as the title, to make your aura golden, perfectly balanced.

The meditation (More details in the video description)

I have been doing it for maybe 20min-1hr of active meditation a day for perhaps a month or so now(but I started around 5-6 months ago), and the growth happens quickly! A lot of people ignore the lower centers... there is nothing better than being properly grounded and energized from top to bottom.
Yes, I meditate daily.

Meditation in the most basic sense, for those that are wondering, is simply shamata (calm-abiding) meditation. Practicing even for 30 seconds at a time is beneficial. Work your way up to 5 mins, then 10, etc and progressively longer. There are many types of meditation, but the basis of meditation is calm-abiding, it should be practiced often.

(12-04-2012, 06:33 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]i don't know how to meditate! what exactly is the difference between meditation and just sitting in silence?

I believe there is none in a sense, it just makes it more impressionable for the ego to respond if something is done differently. Some may do just by sitting in silence others "need", elaborate garments, music, incense, suitable place.. and so on. We are all unique so our needs are different at different times. Choose a way, which you think/feel would work for you!

A quote from L/L Research Transcripts: September 26, 1977
Quote:Man of Earth, open your heart, open your mind and your spirit. Allow the truth of the universe that lies within you to radiate not only within this environment, but throughout the universe. Do not label anything or limit anything. Allow your life to flow freely as it is meant to be. Go within yourself periodically each day in what you would term meditation, and allow the God within you, that essence of the Creator within you, to calm you, to inspire you, and to fulfill your needs. Listen to the silence which you can so easily hear. And within that silence we promise to be all the knowledge of the universe if only you would reach out and accept it.

EDIT:
A quote from L/L Research Transcripts: October 27, 1977
Quote:Thus, the thing to do is to get comfortable and then to put your concentration on the one thing that is truly keeping you from being contacted consciously; and that is the stilling of the conscious mind. When you are sending you cannot receive. It very simple but it is very difficult.

I thought the underlined part profound as it was/is so simple but it surprised me. I thought I was aware of this, yet when I read it, felt like a fresh breeze.

Duh.. Welcome Mihai!

I paid only attention to the question, amazingly none perceptive I was.

Have a great time here! BigSmile

Love and light Heart
(12-05-2012, 05:57 PM)SomaticDreams Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I meditate daily.

Meditation in the most basic sense, for those that are wondering, is simply shamata (calm-abiding) meditation. Practicing even for 30 seconds at a time is beneficial. Work your way up to 5 mins, then 10, etc and progressively longer. There are many types of meditation, but the basis of meditation is calm-abiding, it should be practiced often.

Yep, I can relate to this practice. I do the same shamata, combined with sound of silence/just sitting in silence.

(12-07-2012, 09:03 AM)Lycen Wrote: [ -> ]I believe there is none in a sense, it just makes it more impressionable for the ego to respond if something is done differently. Some may do just by sitting in silence others "need", elaborate garments, music, incense, suitable place.. and so on. We are all unique so our needs are different at different times. Choose a way, which you think/feel would work for you!

A quote from L/L Research Transcripts: September 26, 1977

Quote:Man of Earth, open your heart, open your mind and your spirit. Allow the truth of the universe that lies within you to radiate not only within this environment, but throughout the universe. Do not label anything or limit anything. Allow your life to flow freely as it is meant to be. Go within yourself periodically each day in what you would term meditation, and allow the God within you, that essence of the Creator within you, to calm you, to inspire you, and to fulfill your needs. Listen to the silence which you can so easily hear. And within that silence we promise to be all the knowledge of the universe if only you would reach out and accept it.

EDIT:
A quote from L/L Research Transcripts: October 27, 1977
Quote:Thus, the thing to do is to get comfortable and then to put your concentration on the one thing that is truly keeping you from being contacted consciously; and that is the stilling of the conscious mind. When you are sending you cannot receive. It very simple but it is very difficult.

I thought the underlined part profound as it was/is so simple but it surprised me. I thought I was aware of this, yet when I read it, felt like a fresh breeze.

Duh.. Welcome Mihai!

I paid only attention to the question, amazingly none perceptive I was.

Have a great time here! BigSmile

Love and light Heart

Thanks, Lycen for the welcome.

Also, I agree with what you have said in 1st paragraph. There is no right way to meditate, it's just what people feel need and attraction to. However, there is to be said that some people might be attracted to a particular practice because of what their ego prefer (elaborated rituals, music, incense, visualizations, blessings, vs the other 'extreme' - simple mindfulness of breathing/body awareness/calm abiding, just sitting in silence type of meditation). Thus it is good to consider an approach of balance between apparent the two.

My two cents.
Hello Mihai, welcome to the forums!

I try to meditate every night, but I miss some nights. Usually I meditate for between 10 minutes and half an hour, though sometimes on the weekends I will but on a really long music playlist on my headphones and meditate to that sometimes for hours. I would say these meditations fall under the 'visualizations' or 'body/mind awareness' categories as provided in the OP. I try to do the sitting in silence type of meditation sometimes but having been diagnosed with ADHD as an adult I find I need to have something to focus on, so either an image, feeling the energy in my body, working through an issue in my mind or just listening to music and concentrating on each note.
I try, but I fall asleep. Every time.
(12-10-2012, 11:14 AM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]I try, but I fall asleep. Every time.

try sitting up Tongue

Meerie

(12-10-2012, 11:14 AM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]I try, but I fall asleep. Every time.

Maybe you are doing sleep meditation.
Tongue
Are your dreams after meditation different from the other dreams?

Meditate after you wakeup. After getting a lot of sleep.
I don't enjoy sitting up to meditate because of my lower back surgeries. However, meditating in morning is not such a bad idea.
I don't know that my dreams after meditation are different to my usual dreams. All my dreams are pretty crazy and vivid.
Have you tried doing a moving meditation or a mindfulness meditation?
I don't know what those are, but am interested to learn.
I have achieved a regularized pattern of meditation to the point in which non-meditation would be like starving myself from food or depriving myself from sleep. I absolutely understand why the importance of meditation can never be emphasized enough. Want harmony in life? Meditate. Want physical health? Meditate. Want clarity of mind? Meditate. Want answers to spiritual questions? Meditate. Want guidance and inspiration? Meditate. Want contact with oversoul/higher-self? Meditate. Want to understand the purpose of existence? Meditate. Want enlightenment? Meditate.

I meditate on a nightly basis before retiring to bed, but I also do it sporadically throughout the day whenever I need/feel like or I perceive a "window of opportunity." Generally, I am (and strive to be) in a semi-meditative/contemplative state throughout the duration of the day (though I do reserve some periods of time for "leisure" purposes and just "divert" my mind momentarily). What I'd most like to implement is a regular morning meditation (I used to do this before, but I used to live in a more calm and tranquil place at the time and morning meditation was most natural as I awoke with the rising sun—right now, for the time being, I live in the heart of metropolis and in the middle of urban activity).

My meditative practices consist of the following:

1. The 1st type of meditation I use is what I call a quick "break/pause meditation" to move from outer turmoil to a state of inner calmness and expanded awareness. This is the simplest and most basic one. I call upon it at any time during the day anywhere, especially amidst intense social/interpersonal disturbance, or when I am extremely mentally overwhelmed/vexed. It helps (tremendously) in seeing past the noise/confusion and return to a state of balance and clarity within the seemingly tumultuous situation.

2. The 2nd type of meditation is a pre-sleep meditation. I call it "Intra-personal Meditation". This is the meditation "proper" I'd say. I sit on the floor next to bed, legs crossed, spine upright, eyes closed (this pose came to me quite naturally, I might add—nothing to do with following anyone else's instructions). Sometimes I use audible stimulus (spacey ambient music) to enhance the experience, other times I prefer silence. Yet other times music is employed first to effectively set the "ambiance" and then move into deeper silence. The purpose of this meditation could be manifold, but I personally use it as a direct narrow channel/pathway to my inner/higher beingness ("oversoul") to obtain answers to spiritual queries regarding my own personal self-development (soul evolution) as well as to learn/teach, clarify and expand on cosmological principles.

The methodology is simple: I put forth a question (or series of questions) and then proceed to immerse myself into a meditative state. Five minutes, ten minutes, twenty minutes; however long it is deemed sufficient/satisfactory. Usually, I don't expect any answers while meditating because, from personal experience, I have learned than in the majority of the cases the answers come to me during the hypnagogic state of sleep: the "twilight zone" or threshold between physical/metaphysical awareness (this state being the most powerful and effective time for contemplation, inspiration and creativity to me since early childhood). This does not mean I never receive immediate answers during meditation (I have often had epiphanies this way)! What I mean to say, however, is that I mostly allow myself to enjoy the meditative experience in itself and receive the answers later (usually during hypnagoge).

Sometimes I get my answers the next day, or more commonly over the next series of days in some form of fashion. But the vast majority of my learn/teaching occurs "indoors," shall we say, during hypnagogic semi-trance meditation and intra-personal data channeling (if you do intend to channel, meditation is the most excellent means to "attune" your instrument).

3. The 3rd type of meditation I would call "Contact with Intelligent Infinity." I have achieved this at varying degrees of success/intensity. The practice is similar to the one mentioned above. The difference lies in that the single purpose of this meditation (as you may have guessed) is to become ONE with Intelligent Infinity, the Source of All That Is, for an infinitesimal moment in time to experience the beauty, the joy, the bliss, the peace, the love, the majesty, the perfection, and the infinitude of the One Infinite Creator. During this meditation I do not seek answers, guidance or inspiration as with my "Intra-personal Meditation": I merely seek to dissolve my self-identity into that timeless state of Oneness/Infinity and thus be-come One with All that Was, Is and Shall Ever Be.
(12-11-2012, 08:55 AM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what those are, but am interested to learn.

Walking Meditation
http://www.meditationoasis.com/how-to-me...editation/

Mindfulness Meditation
http://www.shambhalasun.com/index.php?op...ew&id=2125

Ludi

edited
I use a technique learned from Whitley Strieber: I focus my awareness on each part of the body in a particular sequence, ending up at the third eye. Usually I do only this; sometimes I follow it with manifesting white light inside myself, and/or in others; or occasionally I follow it with various chakra meditations.

I've been doing this for about 5 years. I now live in a semi-meditative state; I'm very placid and not bothered by much.

Shin'Ar

(12-04-2012, 06:20 AM)mihai Wrote: [ -> ]Hello dear all,

Do you meditate? If so, how often, what exactly are your meditations about (vipassana/anapanasati, listening to sound of silence [as suggested in LOO], devotional, visualizations, simple body/mind awareness, etc.)?

Myself I usually do anapanasati, sound of silence and body awareness, somewhat on a daily basis for variable lengths of time (from 10 minutes up to an hour, depending on available time). I am strongly defined by past experience of spending time at a Buddhist Monastery in UK where I was even a formal novice (anagarika).

What is your experience with meditation?

Welcome to this small community of seekers my friend.

If you spent time in a Buddhist Monastery you will know that discipline is a vital aspect toward achieving specific goals.

The underlined quote which Lycen had pointed out about transmission and reception speaks directly to that.

In a state of focused concentration of either transmitting or receiving, only one or the other can be accomplished.

It is for this reason that we must ask ourselves why we are meditating and what we hope to accomplish through the process.

There are a few very different reasons for meditating. Some do it to relax and heal. Others do it because they are searching their souls. Others seek connection and opportunity. And some meditate for the purpose of enchanting.

I know that some use timing devices to establish a alot a specific duration to the process. This may be necessary if one is attempting to meditate prior to leaving for an appointment that cannot be missed. But overall, I would state that such clutter does not enhance the process for in that state, if one is constantly awaiting the ringing of an alarm, the true state of being cannot be properly achieved. It is like trying to meditate while someone is standing behind you and tapping you on the shoulder with ten minute reminders.

I like to do mine at night, when all is quiet and I know I am not going to be interrupted or have any reason to leave at a specific time. I have often remained still into the early hours of morning and not missed the sleep at all.

I think Yossarrian would support me in this regard, that New Age meditation is very different from its origins. The opening of the chakras for self healing seems to have become the main goal of modern meditation.

However the true reason for self healing has been altered to become simply the healing of self, when in fact, its origins are the antithesis of that.

Healing one's self was never meant to be the healing of one's temporary delusional identity/vehicle, as the ancients were all too aware of the fleeting aspect of such.

Polishing off the rust of the old cart will make it shine, but at some point that cart will be replaced by another.

Healing one's self was always meant to be for the purpose of healing The All and The One; the enchanting of the whole by the enchantment of the fragment.

The first aspect of meditation should be to bring one into a true realization of exactly 'what' they are; not 'who' they are temporarily. And this often why meditation fails for many.

They seek in that process to find confirmation of their temporary identity, which does not even exist at all.

How can one find something that does not exist?

The first thing one discovers in true meditation is that what they find 'in there' is not the same as this temporary vehicle they are driving. They become suddenly aware that 'they' are driving this form, and not the form itself. From that point on their rituals become a matter of connecting to that 'difference' between their outer experience as the vehicle they thought they were, and the driving force behind the wheel that they actually are. They seek to connect to what the Ancients called 'The Inbetween', or 'The Otherworld'. That plane between the reflection and the source, which connects the two.

In the Inbetween we become both human and god, and yet still unable to attain either. Yes, we are trapped in the cycle of Divine Design, and will ultimately return until we reach a point of evolved status where reincarnation is no longer necessary.

Meditation becomes that lifeline connecting the divine with the fragment. That lifeline is a sacred fire that burns within every form. Realizing it, awakening that awareness of it, and connecting to it, is the goal of mediation.

This is what all of this reference to opening the chakras and the kundalini awakening is all about and always has been about.

It is expanding one's circle into the unknown Mystery to further fuel that fire which resides within you, altering the vibration of your circle in an effort to enchant the many other fields with which you are so deeply connected.

Enchantment is the harmonizing of frequency.

Meditation is a tool enabling that harmonization.

(12-23-2012, 08:44 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]I use a technique learned from Whitley Strieber: I focus my awareness on each part of the body in a particular sequence, ending up at the third eye. Usually I do only this; sometimes I follow it with manifesting white light inside myself, and/or in others; or occasionally I follow it with various chakra meditations.

I've been doing this for about 5 years. I now live in a semi-meditative state; I'm very placid and not bothered by much.

Once again a synchronization due to such harmonizing occurs before our eyes.

How wonderful that my next thoughts were written before I could put them down by someone bearing my true name.

This technique which Eddie speaks of was taught to me by my mother, a catholic Nun, and my first experience with true out of body sensation occurred one night while doing this which resulted in my first experience with levitation.

Of course such things were seen in the church as demonic and was not accepted as holy practice, but scorned on as pagan ritual. Just as many here mistakenly refer to Lucifer as satan or somehow associated with darkness and evil, when in fact Lucerifera is lightbringer.

The Light which dances in the form of every creation, is that which we should always seek in our meditative states, regardless of the religious misunderstandings and interpretations of otherselves.

I know that there are some here who think I am Lucifer. I know that many fear interaction with me. And I know the true identity which I find within, and it is filled to the brim with Light and love, connected to the Divine in ways that I wish you could all know immediately. But that is simply a matter of evolving naturally which cannot be interfered upon.

This could be described as the truest definition of meditation, '..stepping into a vehicle which will accelerate one's evolution process when done properly...', and in that process of evolving self we also evolve and enchant the whole. We effectively become a ground/connecting rod between fields. We become the Christ form at the axis of the cross.

Some have come to speak of this as the Merkaba, often misrepresenting it.
(12-23-2012, 05:49 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]This technique which Eddie speaks of was taught to me by my mother, a catholic Nun, and my first experience with true out of body sensation occurred one night while doing this which resulted in my first experience with levitation.

Of course such things were seen in the church as demonic and was not accepted as holy practice, but scorned on as pagan ritual. Just as many here mistakenly refer to Lucifer as satan or somehow associated with darkness and evil, when in fact Lucerifera is lightbringer.

The Light which dances in the form of every creation, is that which we should always seek in our meditative states, regardless of the religious misunderstandings and interpretations of otherselves.

I know that there are some here who think I am Lucifer. I know that many fear interaction with me. And I know the true identity which I find within, and it is filled to the brim with Light and love, connected to the Divine in ways that I wish you could all know immediately. But that is simply a matter of evolving naturally which cannot be interfered upon.

thanks for sharing Shin"Ar. I appreciate the insight into your background. And I think the Lucifer thing is a little overplayed. We all here recognise you as just another 'common man', with maybe just a little bit of Ancient Sawdust sprinkled into your hair BigSmile

but its great that your mother gave you a headstart on the rest of us.

thanks for sharing your Love and Light with us

plenum
So many terms for meditation lend an academic influence to a process meant to be intimate. My usual method is being silent, which allows me to hear the voice within. I recall that I am in the presence of God.

Other times I focus on my breathing. It brings to mind the hong sau mantra taught by Paramahansa Yogananda. Say "hong" on the inhale and "sau" on the exhale. It means "I offer my little egoic self into my higher divine self."

I meet weekly with a meditation group. We follow a short reading with meditation.

A friend pictures a rose during meditation. The rose can be any color. When trying this a peach colored rose brought me a wonderful sense of peace.

On December 22 (that was only yesterday) I asked that my pineal gland be purified. I envisioned white light streaming in. I felt something hard to explain. It was like energy pressing gently on my forehead. And I have felt stirring in my crown chakra. Once before I experienced that during an online meditation, but I have forgotten who the instructor was.
I meditate between 1-2 hours daily, and have done so for about a year. Once I started I became somewhat addicted. I often feel a yearning throughout the day to do so, and feel great relief in the evening when I can be one with the silence. I use a variety of techniques in my meditation sessions, but I always start out by clearing and energizing my chakras. Once the energy is moving smoothly throughout my body I relax my conscious mind, and allow it to settle down like a calm ocean in my skull, and allow the calm to wash over me. I then simply enjoy the silence and oneness with Creator.

Shin'Ar

(12-27-2012, 10:20 AM)Immortalis Vigil Wrote: [ -> ]I meditate between 1-2 hours daily, and have done so for about a year. Once I started I became somewhat addicted. I often feel a yearning throughout the day to do so, and feel great relief in the evening when I can be one with the silence. I use a variety of techniques in my meditation sessions, but I always start out by clearing and energizing my chakras. Once the energy is moving smoothly throughout my body I relax my conscious mind, and allow it to settle down like a calm ocean in my skull, and allow the clam to wash over me. I then simply enjoy the silence and oneness with Creator.

Gross man, I hope you manage to take a bath right away afterwards.

Meerie

Daily Qu'ote today speaks about meditation:

"Secondly, as always, we encourage any entity who attempts to live a spiritually oriented life to make time on a daily basis for silence. The distracting and seductive power of noise and activity is remarkable in your culture for its constancy. Even in the midst of seemingly rural circumstances there is busyness and noise, distraction and seduction.

Entering the silence, one at last closes the door on distraction and seduction. We always recommend meditation, which is a very straightforward thing in our minds, consisting of sitting, lying or walking while keeping inner silence. If thoughts arise, allow them to arise but do not following them. Let them fall away. When more thoughts arise, be just as tolerant of them but do not follow them. Let them all fall away.

It may be that your experience of meditation is nothing but watching your thoughts arise and then fall away. That is acceptable and will be helpful to you. It is not to the one who meditates perfectly that advancement and awareness are given. It is to the one who is persistent.

There is a tremendous cultural bias towards looking for some kind of result from any action that is undertaken. Sometimes in the life of the spirit meditation seems to produce moments of great realization and that feeds into the spiritual materialism of thinking that the meditation has produced a result and therefore is a good thing. In fact, it is the discipline of submitting the body and the mind to being shut down and to entering the sacred space within your own heart in a conscious manner that creates the environment in which what this instrument would call results are recorded or are seen.

Therefore, as you choose your manner of meditation, see what you can do to find for yourself a time of day and a place which is as much as possible stable for your time of silence. Like anything else, such times are a habit. When you have established a habit, it is much easier to continue a spiritual practice. Until you have established a routine, shall we say, your practice does not have a convenient nook or cubbyhole in which to park itself and so each day there is a moment of anxiety when you realize that you have not yet provided for yourself the opportunity either to enter the silence and to listen for that still small voice within the silence that is the Creator or to analyze and think about your thoughts of the day and of the previous day. Finding a place in your daily routine that works for you for these disciplines is, to our way of thinking, very helpful in that it allows you the daily opportunity to fulfill your basic goal of attempting to accelerate the pace of your spiritual evolution.

We do not insist upon any particular kind of meditation and believe that there are many different variations on meditation that are equally helpful. There are some who find working and walking in nature to be their most effective visit to their own heart of hearts.

There are others who find open-eyed meditation, gazing, for instance, at a white sheet or white wall, to be the most helpful form of meditation.

There are others who find visualization a very helpful focus for meditation and others who find chanting or mantra helpful.

We encourage you to follow any and all of these variations in entering the silence until you have found one that you really feel is your own. Then, my brother, make it your own. Create a rule of life for yourself that includes the daily observance of these disciplines. This basic reserving of time is a tremendously powerful resource and creates an environment for enhanced spiritual growth."

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._1014.aspx