Bring4th

Full Version: anger, depression,compassion, wandering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it seems to me it is very common while living on this earth to suffer from anger or depression. and let me throw in addiction on top of that just couldnt fit it into the title here. and one thing we have to remember is that we are wanderers . we come from a much more positive enviorment than this . so we wind up here we look at this reality with all of the cruelty and harshness and to us it is insane. so the shock of being here is enough to throw anyone to one polarity of the other.
to me anger and depression and two sides of the same coin. i definitely sit on the anger side some sit on the depression side. for whatever reason lately my anger has gone down a lot. it really stemmed form the frustration of being enslaved on this planet. i have read a lot of stuff lately and it comes thru that this world is meant to be like this with all the suffering the self absorbtion etc. i can be angry but it will actually not serve any point other than to keep me frustrated. so what i am saying is that surrender and acceptance are antidotes for anyone suffering from an anger syndrome.
on the other pole we have depression. lots of wanderers have depression. it would seem that the antidote would be to swing more to passion and action to overcome the grayness of depression . the more active and involved we could be the more we would be pulled out of our depression. perhaps volunteering to help those less fortunate can be a positive thing.
and then there is compassion. we have to be compassionate with ourselves. wherever we are we are . it is who we are. beating ourselves up really doesnt serve much of a purpose other than to push us further in one direction or the other. self compassion aids greatly in this journey.
bottom line here we are in a very different reality than where we came from. and many times it seems alien to us. we are wanderers. we came here with a gift. we are not alone we are just on a mission right now and sometimes we think we are alone. we were sent here to share who we are, to uplift and inspire others, and to bring compassion and caring to this world, which can be very very cold at times. and we definitely have the tools and the allies in the invisible that we are absolutely capable of fulfilling our mission.

norral Heart
Did you mean sadness? The term 'depression' is more of a constellation of symptoms that make up conditions called 'depressive disorders'

Emotions:
[Image: emotions.jpg]
depression sadness to me its part of the same basic problem. u could actually call it homesickness i guess. there have been times when i have been on this planet that i so so dont want to be here. and its not that things are bad or anything like that . i just plain did not want to be here and i mean intensely not what to be on this orb. and many many other wanderers have felt the same way. its just that we are different this is not our home enviornment. many of us came from places where there was not suffering , we lived in kind of a group soul, we had amazing capabilities and we felt oh so connected . and then we come to this ha ha , so not connected to one another.
many times on this planet i have looked at how we treat each other and human beings and the cruelty the inability to feel the others suffering is stunning, absolutely stunning. in the vietnam war we killed about 2 million vietnamese. 2 million people and i never heard anyone worrying about the vietnamese. i was in the air force. we had a rah rah meeting one day to support the war , the colonel talking about how righteous the war was. i got up and said that perhaps we should look at the war from the point of view of the vietnamese ha ha. that went over like a lead balloon ha ha. i was seen as a traitor. no i just had empathy for the intense suffering of that country.
and thats one other thing i forgot to post is that many many of us are empaths. i am. we really really feel the pain of this planet and we walk around wondering why is everyone else so oblivious to it. so keeping in balance on this planet takes a lot of work and a lot of self love and self forgiveness.

norral Heart
I believe depression is anger directed towards the self.
What a beautiful story norrel, thank you for sharing that.

I remember feeling disconnected and alone in the world... and the world seemed contrary to my implicit understanding of 'how things ought to be' (compassionate, inclusive, sharing, kindness, caring, cooperative, warm, accepting, etc.). This led me to a dark place of pain and despair... anger, too, but I hid my anger by expressing it as sadness as I felt anger was terrifying and destructive. And when I focused on this disconnection and emotions, my inner guidance would remind me that it's OK... this is part of learning and growing. I really believe that I programmed my inner guidance to 'kick in' during these dark times... a sort of reminder from the 'future' (from our perspective in 3D).

When I was in 5th grade, I had an intense experience around rejection (and this was difficult as I was just starting to explore my extroverted side, being a very shy person). I thought there was no bigger pain than being alone and feeling rejected by family and friends bc I was not 'wired' the same way they were. I cried for about 2-3 days and suddenly I heard my inner guidance... it said something like, take what your friends say about you as feedback and take only those things that you honestly feel is true. They are your teachers, too. So I'm holding this letter that my friends wrote to me (full of painful things on it) and re-read it about 3 times. I felt a deep sense of gratitude for my 'teachers' for this lesson of understanding/acceptance.

I remember saying this in my mind to my friends - thank you for helping me improve myself. I forgive each of you. I can feel your pains, and understand that what you wrote about me is something you're struggling with too. I wish you all well... That was my first experience in forgiveness and the results were pretty stunning!

My sadness and anger did not cease completely, of course... it's a lifetime adventure of healing and growing. There is such importance in honoring and caring for emotions by holding it as if holding a wounded animal/person, and directing love/forgiveness to it. To just let it be, and let inner guidance flow. Why would we be here if we programmed our lives with what we think of as 'failure' or 'hopelessness'? The meaning of experiences may be reframed into something positive/growth-oriented at all times.
i agree 100 % karl. it implies that we should find positive ways of expressing our anger so it doesnt build up and turn inward.
what profound and wonderful thoughts rie. yes that absolute feeling of this world is not right , so much suffering and pain and none of it necessary. and even at that young age as a grade school student u were able to perceive things that most adults never really grasp in their lives. wandering isnt easy but i wouldnt trade it for all the riches in this world

god bless u sister

norral Heart