Bring4th

Full Version: water with lemon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i do take a poland spring sparkling seltzer and 1/2 lemon a day as part of my diet. lemon lowers blood sugar as does grapefruit. also i found out from a friend at work that lemon with water helps to prevent kidney stones which i didnt know . he is in his 30's and has had two attacks and says it is extremely painful so as a good preventative i would think.

norral Heart
It's good to do this first thing in the morning, because it will alkalize the body.

Yes, it's very good for kidney stones! But it takes a lot more lemon than that for an acute attack. Just recently, a friend - male, early 50s - was diagnosed with kidney stones and was in extreeeeeeeme pain. He was told to come back the next day if it didn't pass, for some sort of laser treatment of some sort.

He asked if I knew of any alternative remedies. This wasn't something I had encountered, so I didn't. But just a few minutes of searching yielded several remedies, all claiming to work. Of those, the lemon remedy seemed the simplest, cheapest, and most effective.

So I told him about it, and explained that I didn't know from experience, just read about it on the internet, but if I were him, I'd surely try it! What did he have to lose?

So he did. He went straight to the grocery store and bought a LOT of lemons. He squeezed enough lemons to make a PINT of STRAIGHT lemon juice, NOT diluted! and drank it down!

He did this twice that day.

By the next morning, all pain was gone. It's been a few months now, and no more problems.

I thought that was pretty damn impressive! So impressive, that I did it myself the next day, just in case. (The straight lemon wasn't nearly as intense as I thought it would be. Intense, but doable.)

Shortly after that, another friend - female, mid-50s - with the same problem. Except, she had only 1 kidney! So of course I told her my other friend's story.

Get this - she declined to try it because she already had surgery scheduled. RollEyes Apparently she thought lemon juice was more dangerous to her only kidney than surgery!

It always blows my mind when I hear of people having expensive, invasive, dangerous procedures when there are numerous simple, harmless, cheap, alternative remedies readily available. That's how locked in they are to the medical monopoly's brainwashing! Some would rather die than try a natural alternative!

Ah, but I digress. Norral, you have a good habit there. If you want to make it even better, add a pinch of cayenne pepper and a tsp of Grade B maple syrup. That's called the Master Cleanser. Good to do in the morning!
yes sadly many are locked into whatever a doctor tells them and will not venture out on their own. thanks for that info i have to try that with a heavier dose of lemon juice. its so simple and yet effective. i have found that the simplest things do tend to be the most effective.
(12-08-2012, 08:13 AM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]yes sadly many are locked into whatever a doctor tells them and will not venture out on their own. thanks for that info i have to try that with a heavier dose of lemon juice. its so simple and yet effective. i have found that the simplest things do tend to be the most effective.

What you're doing is fine for daily maintenance. The stronger lemon juice is for kidney stones. I wouldn't do that on a daily basis. Just 1 lemon in the morning is fine for daily use.

Here's another thing about lemon: It's a great liver cleanser. Those wishing to detox their livers can follow this protocol:

Drink about 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice in 1 cup of water (Preferably ionized but use the best water you have available. Ionized is the most cleansing. Distilled is very cleansing but it also leaches minerals, so it's fine to used distilled during the cleanse ONLY, but no more than 2 weeks! Distilled water can be VERY dangerous when drunk for longer than that.)

20-30 minutes later, follow that with an equal amount of water to wash away the toxins that the lemon stirred up

Do this several times throughout the day, in between meals. This is specifically for liver detox. (There are many other things that can be done for liver detox too, but I'm just showing another benefit of fresh lemon.)

Avocado

I too drink lemon juice frequently. I do so to alkalize my pH and because it refreshes the taste of my palate. That pint of lemon juice sounds interesting, I have friends who would be open to that. I just wish more people would join me. I'm grateful at least that this will be a lifetime in which I don't suffer from diet related ailments.