Bring4th

Full Version: The Significator of the Spirit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Significator of the Spirit – The Sun

[Image: JcROn.jpg]

Each Significator Archetype is a blueprint of the “very nature” of the mind, body or spirit complex: the Significator is a picture of the complex as a whole, viewed, not in its various modes, but as a single unit, complex though it is. It is the Significator which, through evolution, both acts and is acted upon. Hearkening back to the traditional understanding of the word significator in, for example, Tarot readings, we will find that a significator card is that card which represents the querrent as a living being within the reading. The significator is the avatar for the self within the context of the Tarot reading. Extending this meaning, we can observe that the Significator can be nothing other than the Archetype which represents the self itself, rather than merely an aspect of the self. The easiest way to explain this concept is in terms of set theory. Some sets contain themselves. This is an apparent paradox, but it is nevertheless the case. Just so, the Spirit Cycle, which is a representation of the spirit complex in all its movements, contains within itself an Archetype for the spirit complex itself (the Significator, of course), even though the entire Cycle falls within the bounds of the spirit complex.

Enough about Significators in general. The Significator of the Spirit is an Archetype of harmony. To describe the experience of this Archetype is to rely upon mystical terminology, for the spirit, when experienced as the self, is in constant communion with the Infinite. Tonight, I prepared myself a mug of hot chocolate and took a walk around my neighborhood, enjoying the cool December night, observing the high energy of the college kids heading out to their parties on a Saturday night, and appreciating the trees that greeted me along the way. I walked slowly, without any particular destination, knowing that there was no hurry to get anywhere. The purpose of my walk was the experience of walking. Each scene that I observed, whether it was the static placidity of the trees or the dynamic movement of the college kids, seemed to be in its proper place. I did not wish any of them to be any different than they were.

As I walked, it seemed that the dark places of my spirit, those places not yet discovered, were not in conflict with the aspects of my spirit which have found expression in my life already. Do I have much yet to learn? Most certainly. Yet this simply was not the point tonight. The point was that I belong exactly where I am, that this small piece of the Universe is holy, sacred, perfect. Anywhere I might turn, I would still find myself walking upon holy ground, and at every moment the spiritual self which is known finds itself facing the spiritual self which is not yet known. Each tree, each student, offered me not only a piece of myself, but a microcosmic reflection of my very being, an infinity coiled up into a beautiful little gift for me on this one particular Autumn evening. Whereas the mind sees in the other-self that which can be known, the spirit sees that which is mysterious because it is infinite.

The complexity of the Significator of the Spirit lies in the relationship between the waking and sleeping spiritual selves. I, the waking spiritual self, set about my life observing, appreciating, enjoying that which ever finds itself before me: my own self which is yet mysterious. Hence, the waking self, the male aspect of the spirit, is as the eagle in flight. It soars freely through the Creation in its long journey through the many aspects of its potential experience on the way back to the Logos. As it soars, it is met at every turn by a consort most beautiful, for she is the other side of the spirit. She is that which is not yet known, that which is not yet explored, the beauty ready at hand to enjoy, the bliss which occupies the space before you and never leaves, though it may change shape. Her domain is vast, extending all the way from the Unmanifest to the manifest as you currently experience it (thus the crux ansata). And as you gaze into her eyes with love and joy at each and every moment (if you are capable), you will find that she is always reciprocating, her every offering a manifestation of her love for you.

This scene between two mates gazing at each other with love, standing within the a sacred circle which is also natural, is an expanded image of the lingam-yoni in the Sun itself. The Sun is, of course, the spirit complex, for each of us is a Logos unto ourselves, each with the free will of the Creator. This Logos, being the least distorted part of the mind/body/spirit complex, is always in harmony with itself. It is always in the process of making love, so the joy and bliss that accompany this act are always available. Those who are practiced in mystical experiences will attest that this is true.

The entire Spirit Cycle is, in my opinion, very compatible with Taoist philosophy. This particular Archetype represents an entity which lives in the Tao. Living in the Tao is an experience of not-doing. This does not mean that nothing happens; rather, it means that everything that happens is a smooth and unbroken flow from Intelligent Infinity, through the spirit, into manifestation in the mind and body. There is nothing to do because everything that must happen is currently happening, and all you must do is allow the happening to flow naturally, for the Tao knows what must be. In this sense, “doing” means forcing something that is not natural, something that it is not within the depths of the Logos to bring forth at this time. We experience this daily. If I want a friendship with a particular person, but am impatient to allow time to deepen this relationship, I will find myself attempting to force depth. Similarly, we find ourselves forcing honesty, dishonesty, pleasantness, unpleasantness, and all manner of different experiences because we think that this is what is appropriate or that this is what will make us feel better, but we do not attend to the inner harmony which will dictate that which is appropriate if we only cultivate inner Yin (a silent mind and a personal will which submits itself to the Higher will) so that Yang may flow through.

On the Right-Hand Path, the Sun represents the Highest Self, the self far beyond incarnation which gazes upon the face of the Creator with a will only to serve the Creator in its entirety. Thus, the love-making of the male and female aspects of the spirit is the appreciation of all Creation exactly as it is without willing it to be any different. The entire Taoist analysis above describes the Right-Hand Path side of this Archetype.

On the Left-Hand Path, the Sun represents the incarnate Self, which is equally the Creator and whose free will is no less important than the free will of any other aspect of Creation. On this path, the love-making of the male and female aspects of the spirit is no less blissful, but it is a bliss of a different nature. On this path, all of Creation is recognized as Created by the incarnate self, and the self beyond incarnation is seen as a resource which is subservient to this personal will. What the Right-Hand Path calls “forced,” the Left-Hand Path enjoys as a vigorous expression of self. Thus, the love-making is more like the love-making between artist (male) and canvas (female). In this perspective, everything that the spirit meets along its way is another portion of the canvas which is present and ready to receive paint.
[quote='JustLikeYou' pid='108501' dateline='1355097385']
The Significator of the Spirit – The Sun

Smile Great post.   Do you feel the same about Signficators 10 years on? After all, your instincts and conceptions will have sharpened with further experience.

I found what you have written to be completely resonant but somehow still operating empirically, even as you appear to recognise more analytic and necessary correspondences. Perhaps things have cemented more like concrete now?
can we say that this picture means we are one
(04-20-2021, 10:33 AM)GoldenRTriangle Wrote: [ -> ]can we say that this picture means we are one

I think the image refers to the unification of the conscious and the unconscious—that they are known and in alignment. 

As a simple example, you might consciously consider yourself a kind person. But if you have catalyst such as trauma buried from childhood, or wounds from relationships that haven't been processed, then those subconscious, unprocessed feelings will continue to affect your life as triggers. Those triggers will surface and you may find yourself lashing out and being unkind without even understanding why. So when these buried catalysts have been processed, and the shadow self has been accessed and integrated, then the unconscious and conscious self can be united in truth and acceptance, and one becomes whole and free of these debilitating blockages. In this way, one has a free path down through the roots of the mind to intelligent infinity and the ability to utilize intelligent energy.

In freeing one's self of these blockages, all the Archetypes have usefulness in different aspects of how to navigate this reality. 
The Sun shines down upon all equally, male or female, good or evil, life or death, light or darkness.
The perfected human being or one who has been Christened.
Greetings to all who catch this question.
I'm feeling a pull to study the tarot cards. I am between sessions 90-100. Sorry to be off topic, but I'd like some suggestions as to what deck would be a good starting point? I didn't realize how many different decks there are. With suggestions in hand I can make a freewill choice as to which one has the greatest pull. Thank all in advance for any and all suggestions made. Love and light to all who may read this comment. My apologies for just plopping this in.
(04-21-2021, 04:10 PM)Renmik Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings to all who catch this question.
I'm feeling a pull to study the tarot cards. I am between sessions 90-100. Sorry to be off topic, but I'd like some suggestions as to what deck would be a good starting point? I didn't realize how many different decks there are. With suggestions in hand I can make a freewill choice as to which one has the greatest pull. Thank all in advance for any and all suggestions made. Love and light to all who may read this comment. My apologies for just plopping this in.

Hello Renmik. 

You can view the images on the cards used by L/L Research during the Ra contact here: https://www.lawofone.info/images/

If you want to buy a deck that has similar imagery you could look into the Brotherhood of Light Egyptian Tarot deck. It has a little bit of extra stuff added that, in my opinion, is unnecessary or possibly incorrect (the astrological and occult correspondences around the borders of the cards) but otherwise uses the same imagery as the ones linked above.

The most popular deck for divination is the Rider Waite Smith deck, lots of modern decks use the same imagery as this deck. I see a lot of people recommend this one for beginners, but not everyone connects with the imagery.

The Thoth tarot deck has a lot of potent occult imagery specifically related to the Thelema occult philosophy. This deck also has the 8th and 11th Major Arcana switched compared to other decks similar to how Ra orders them.

Those are the decks I work with.
https://www.patchtarot.com/card-library Is my favorite, the app is about 7 USD.

https://www.shadowscapes.com/Tarot/cardsmain.php?suit=3

There is also an app for the shadowscape for like 3-4 USD. A good way to preview the graphics to see if you like using them, although the app coding is rather hard to overtake and read, so I need to try the physical decks.

Patch physical deck and app is about the same in terms of divination use and consistency. Shadowscape can vary widely.

I ordered the Czech versions from De.Amazon. Those are the crisper images and clearer focus.

The Thoth Deck by Aleister Crowley is also worth mentioning, although the art work is kind of strange and weird (or even negative).
(04-21-2021, 04:10 PM)Renmik Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings to all who catch this question.

The deck you will use is going to depend on you and how you want to study. I’ve used many decks throughout the years.

I started with Crowley’s Thoth deck. I don’t care for this deck anymore. The symbolism is convoluted and the polarity is mixed. That was something I discerned for myself as I continued to study and walk my spiritual path.

Then I moved onto the Church of Light deck, the deck used in the Ra Material. I studied the Keys as taught in the Ra Material, however I was having a problem penetrating the culturally relevant symbolism of the deck.

I have always looked at the traditional Rider-Waite deck. It’s a good deck, however, I personally have since found a better deck.

As of now, I used the Builders of the Adytum Tarot deck. It’s very similar to RW but with major key differences. The cards are all redrawn and the appropriate symbolism is enhanced rather than obscured. (For example, look at the Fool’s wallet. It’s hard to see what’s on it, and what’s on it reveals an importance aspect of this Key. The eagle which is symbolic of Scorpio.)

Both Dr. Waite and Paul Foster Case came from the Western Initiatory Mystery Tradition. They were taught by the best of their time and had true links to the Inner schools.

So, I would recommend the B.O.T.A. Deck if you’re interested in the Western Mystery Tradition which is centered around the Hebrew Qabalah.

If you’d like to stick with the Ra Material for now, then use the Church of Light deck. You can make a good start with the method which Ra briefly touched upon. Elucidation of the Keys and their symbolism is important. You can do all of this yourself with no instruction. Meditation will reveal the true importance of symbols to you.
Thank you all for replying and giving suggestions. Two of the decks mentioned had caught my "eye" before asking. So I'll start there and see what stands out for me.
(04-22-2021, 08:47 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]As of now, I used the Builders of the Adytum Tarot deck. It’s very similar to RW but with major key differences. The cards are all redrawn and the appropriate symbolism is enhanced rather than obscured. (For example, look at the Fool’s wallet. It’s hard to see what’s on it, and what’s on it reveals an importance aspect of this Key. The eagle which is symbolic of Scorpio.)

I forgot about the BOTA deck, that one is good.