Bring4th

Full Version: on becoming childlike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
on this planet i enjoy hanging with children animals and nature. this morning as i lay in bed thinking i thought of what christ said so many centuries ago, unless u become as a little child u aint going to heaven ha ha. modified it a little ha ha.
but one thing about children they like to play. our 3 year old grandson was playing with a little pamphlet from baskin robbins the other day for over an hour. he was reading it commenting on it , refusing to give it to me when i asked for it. he had a real good time with that piece of paper.
i personally dont take this life as seriously as many. i mean we are all playing roles here and i like to joke around. not everything is serious with me. i do believe the ability to play and to take a lighter view of things helps me to get thru this life. lord knows the politicos could use a little of that. instead of being so deadly serious all the time. maybe if they all played some kind of team sport together they would bond better. and mix the sides please please please.
bottom line children have a lot of qualities that society can learn from. i asked our six year old grandson what part of school he liked best . he said recess ha ha . i think that about sums it up.
and in all our exchanges on the board i believe it helps to remember remember remember, this is my brother, this is my sister i am talking to here. this is not someone i want to defeat this is someone i want to feel

norral Heart

om namo bhagavate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8vOp_czyOE
I poke around with a sense of wonder and curiosity. I am always amazed. Could that be our purpose? Could that be living?
Well I guess there would be plenty of time for that when senility sinks in.
(12-10-2012, 09:10 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Well I guess there would be plenty of time for that when senility sinks in.

Begin life in diapers, leave in diapers?
(12-10-2012, 09:48 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2012, 09:10 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Well I guess there would be plenty of time for that when senility sinks in.

Begin life in diapers, leave in diapers?
Depends (rimshot)
I have thought much about those words from Jesus.

I think one aspect it touches on is how children don't get caught up in the confusion of morality. Often, children see things as right or wrong/black and white. Things are still very simple to them.

Adults, on the other hand, are the masters of justification. Adults will find every reason, excuse, justification, or otherwise to enable anything that might be inconvenient to not. This dichotomy also mirrors the 'hot and cold' statements that Jesus made - "if you are lukewarm, I will spit you out of my mouth" or something along those lines. I think on some level tho Jesus was telling us to simplify things; boil it down to black and white. In other words, he was urging us to make the choice of 3rd density. Sometimes in our rush to understand the higher densities, we forget what our goal here in the 3rd density is. Our goal for right here and now is not to transcend to 6th density learnings and amalgamate all; rather, we are here to choose one side or the other. Smile
When I worked in remote pacific islands doing community development work, I would learn about the island's social structures, temperament of the people, and rules/etiquette through play time with the children of these islands. Of course, the adults of these communities would educate me on their way of living, but thru playing with children I learned a lot about the people living on these islands. They would follow me everywhere during my stay.
I think the idea is simply to become less distorted.
(12-10-2012, 10:55 PM)hogey11 Wrote: [ -> ]I have thought much about those words from Jesus.

I think one aspect it touches on is how children don't get caught up in the confusion of morality. Often, children see things as right or wrong/black and white. Things are still very simple to them.

I agree with you, except I think for the most part children DON'T see things as right or wrong. They just take that which is as it comes, and evaluate it in a moment against how it makes them feel. In this way, they don't get caught up in the confusion of morality.
(12-10-2012, 11:46 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I think the idea is simply to become less distorted.
What do you mean by that?
yes and children dont really have a memory. they can be fighting one second and playing with each other the next. they dont remember i am supposed to be mad at this person because they did something to me 30 seconds ago. 30 seconds ago is the past and kids live in the present. they enjoy the moment or they dont enjoy the moment but they move right into the next moment. what was it they asked the angel in barbarella about the witch that blinded him
how come u dont hate her
and he said
angels dont have any memory.
and kids dont have any memory for the most part stuff just flows right thru them. at some time in the growing process they lose that and then they start to remember, hmm i should hold a grudge over this, i have to get even for this . letting go and forgetting is childlike but definitely not childish. and not easy either.

Meerie

Children can be quite selfish and resort to all kinds of shenanigans, even at such an early age...
my nephew was 2 when he took one of my mum's ceramic hens that someone had given her as a gift and let it fall to the floor where it broke into pieces.
Then he claimed it was me who had dropped it! Lol
He was barely able to formulate a whole sentence and already capable of lying...
I was a bit shocked especially since I read about some scientific psychological study which claimed children age 2 are incapable of lying yet.
Precocious little brat Tongue
He must have inherited that of my sister-in-laws side, no way he could have that from ours Tongue

oh and since you mention children's memory, he would reiterate that lie!
only much much later, he finally admitted that it was him who had dropped it, and asked whether grandma had another hen, which he wanted to break as well and then he roared with laughter....
Confused
(12-11-2012, 04:41 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2012, 11:46 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I think the idea is simply to become less distorted.
What do you mean by that?
The child's disposition is one of innocence, relative lack of attachments to distinctions, openness, and learning. The more distorted (as in Ra's developmental term), the less these the qualities will exist.
Quote:A core belief is invisible only when you think of it as a fact of life, and not as a belief about life; only when you identify with it so completely that you automatically focus your perceptions along that specific line.

For example, here is a seemingly very innocent core belief: "I am a responsible parent."

Now on the surface there is nothing wrong with that belief. If you hold to it and do not examine it, however, you may find that the word "responsible" is quite loaded, and collects other ideas that are equally unexamined by you. What is your idea of being responsible?According to your answer you can discover whether the core belief works to your advantage or not.

If responsible means, "I must be a parent twenty-four hours a day to the exclusion of everything else," then you may be in difficulty, for that core belief might prevent you from using other abilities that exist quite apart from your parenthood.

You may begin to perceive all physical data through the eyes of that core belief alone. You will not look out upon physical reality with the wonder of a child any more, or with the unstructured curiosity of an individual, but always through parental eyes. Thus you will close yourself off from much of physical experience.

Now telepathically you will also attract unconscious data that fits into this rigid pattern, according to the strength and stubbornness of this idea and whether or not you are willing to deal with it. You may narrow your life still further, all information of any kind finally becoming relatively invisible to you unless it touches upon your parental reality.
~Seth
exactly . we tend to receive what we expect to receive. hmm i am expecting selma hayek here soon BigSmile. just kidding but actually really hoping BigSmile .
Pickle, I think you bring up a huge piece to the puzzle - Novelty.

Becoming jaded is definitely a curse associated with being 'adult'. I see it a lot with communities like our own, to be honest. I see it very strongly in those who feel the need to restrict change and evolution only to their personal experience and not so much in the world around them. I feel that the reality is that it's very easy to change our thoughts and our perceptions from within ourselves as we experience it, but to actually have that manifest around us is not always so easy. Now, both aspects are required. One will not make any impact in the world around them without strengthening their own resolve and understanding first; however, when one fails to take that personal strength and intend positive ends with it, I think they are equally at folly.

I see this most applicably in the dichotomy between the Pharisees and Jesus. The Pharisees were very pious and disciplined; they followed all the 'rules'. They focused and gave value to their own faith and not to others; others were instead seen as competition in the arena of political influence. I think this is a very 'adult' trait. As we get older, we tend to throw others out of our boat as we start careers and grow families; we can become very focused on ourselves compared to our youths, where money doesn't really play into things the same way as it does with adults. Even that small distinction is huge - adults handle money, children generally don't. I think that's a big one as well.

On the other hand, you have Jesus, who more or less acted like an adult child. He bluntly told everyone they were full of s*** regardless of social consequence, he taught through simple short stories instead of lecturing people endlessly, and he didn't judge people into different castes or generalized groups to feel superior. I find all of those very childish traits or things that children generally do (haha i'm such an adult Tongue). He maintained his innocence, in a certain way (as he is portrayed). Again, I think this is a big piece of the puzzle; how naive are you willing to be when it comes to changing the world and doing amazingly positive things? If you are never willing to shoot for the moon, how do you ever get there?
good words brother Heart