Bring4th

Full Version: 1987.07.26 Depression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0726.aspx

Quote:... in depression, that which ties the cord too tightly around the vine, that which holds back the supply of love, is a desire to hold in the mind circumstances which seem unacceptable. This desire, whether quite conscious or relatively unconscious in nature, has a very adverse affect upon the supply of the life-giving energy of love which is falling constantly into each of the portions of the Creator’s consciousness.

Thus, large portions of the subconscious mind begin to be distracted from processing the catalyst of the present in terms of the present, and begin to process catalyst in terms of an unacceptable portion in the memory of the one who is depressed. It is as if there were a drag upon an engine, so that the engine had to work harder and harder to produce the same amount of work. Or perhaps even better as an analogy, it is as if in a depressed person the unacceptable thing creates a blockage in the fuel line so that the engine of the mind is ultimately unable to function.

Since the entity who is depressed can blame only itself, a disassociation almost inevitably begins within the mind of the depressed person, which then adds to the inertia that is dragging down or to the block in the fuel line that is keeping fuel from the engine of consciousness. ...

I found this very helpful, I'm glad they asked this question to Q'uo and made it available to everyone.

By unacceptable things I assume they mainly mean trauma, though I think it could also mean an idea or fact about the world we consider unacceptable, but we probably only cling to certain ideas because of prior experiences so that goes back to some form of trauma.

It's a shame the tape got cut off before it finished.
(12-11-2012, 03:25 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]By unacceptable things I assume they mainly mean trauma, though I think it could also mean an idea or fact about the world we consider unacceptable, but we probably only cling to certain ideas because of prior experiences so that goes back to some form of trauma.

Not all depressed people have experienced trauma, and if they did, depression is usually secondary to trauma.