Bring4th

Full Version: Psychiatric Drugs Causing Compulsive Violence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is well worth watching in its entirety, and spreading the word so people can become educated about this ongoing atrocity.

The TRUE SOURCE of RANDOM & MASS SHOOTINGS and VIOLENCE

This one is much more in-depth and focuses more on the increase in suicides among those taking these drugs.

How Psychiatric Drugs Can Kill Children - Documentary Video

Cyan

I cant go into depths of my opinion on these due to certain legal restrictions on what can be said by "non doctors" about "their medicines"

But the short of it is, if you are feeling the need to eat serotonine+dopamine or noradrenaline+serotonine boosters. Consult your local suicide hotline. Because chances are you'll have "an elevated risk of suicide as a side effect".
Have you considered that people who would be violent anyways are at higher risk of requiring psychiatric attention?
(12-16-2012, 05:05 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you considered that people who would be violent anyways are at higher risk of requiring psychiatric attention?

That may be true in some cases, but I don't think it's an explanation for most of these. There are many, many cases of very good people who were just depressed and had never shown any signs of violent tendencies before, suddenly become violent or commit suicide, after taking those drugs.

'Sudden, overwhelming compulsion to commit suicide or violence' is even listed on the drug insert, as possible side effects. Can you believe still take that garbage after reading that? And parents still give it to their kids?? Unbelievable but true!

And even if your theory is correct, those drugs still shouldn't be used at all, ever, period, because if even 1 person who is susceptible slips by the screening process and is given drugs they shouldn't have, innocent people suffer the consequences.

It's like the autism/vaccination debate. The vaccine-is-poison deniers say 'well not every child gets autism...only the ones who are susceptible' well, even so, the vaccines obviously cause autism in a certain segment of the population who is susceptible, and that's too high a price to pay.
i think the issues surrounding why a person would commit suicide or have the need to express rage whilst on a medication is more complex than simply assuming the drug caused it. I think parents and doctors making kids take a drug to fix their mood or behaviour is another issue entirely lol. Monica, it seems a little strange to me that you would absolutely deny anyone taking these drugs. Being on antidepressants, i know the help they can provide, but i also know their limitations and drawbacks. With respect to violence coming out of nowhere it might be worth noting that depression is sometimes referred to as anger turned inwards. When one door closes, another opens.
(12-16-2012, 09:01 PM)spero Wrote: [ -> ]i think the issues surrounding why a person would commit suicide or have the need to express rage whilst on a medication is more complex than simply assuming the drug caused it.

Even the manufacturers of the drugs admit that their drugs can trigger sudden, overwhelming urges to commit acts of violence. And the evidence is quite solid: If you look at a list of mass shooters, most or all were on some sort of psychiatric drug.

Yes, they were already disturbed and yes their situations were complex...but there is a big jump from being mentally disturbed to going on a killing rampage.

(12-16-2012, 09:01 PM)spero Wrote: [ -> ]Monica, it seems a little strange to me that you would absolutely deny anyone taking these drugs. Being on antidepressants, i know the help they can provide, but i also know their limitations and drawbacks. With respect to violence coming out of nowhere it might be worth noting that depression is sometimes referred to as anger turned inwards. When one door closes, another opens.

There are many people like you who feel the drugs help them. But so many others who've committed suicide or murdered someone, right after starting such drugs.

There are so many natural, harmless alternatives available, that I question whether it's worth a game of Russian Roulette.
It is interesting that most healers will not work on those taking medications.

I have found that a chakra tune/balance will return to its unbalanced state within seconds of work, with a medicated individual. An unmedicated individual will take an average of three days to return themself to unbalance, unless they catch on to the energies they have just became aware of.

Medications override the natural energy system of the individual, not allowing for "fullness" of experience. Similar to having organs and glands cut out, the physical manifestation of catalyst is the last "signpost" of the issue. How are things to be acknowledged and processed when these signposts are removed or disabled?
(12-16-2012, 11:42 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Medications override the natural energy system of the individual, not allowing for "fullness" of experience. Similar to having organs and glands cut out, the physical manifestation of catalyst is the last "signpost" of the issue. How are things to be acknowledged and processed when these signposts are removed or disabled?
unfortunately, being unable to acknowledge and to process signposts is what deemed the drugs necessary. Due to lack of understanding of the human condition in general, various types of medication continues to be the only practical tool preventing psychotic behavior and possible violence, for thousands of individuals.
I think a lot of practical tools were wiped from social memory by the roman catholics.Sad
(12-17-2012, 03:34 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I think a lot of practical tools were wiped from social memory by the roman catholics.Sad
It's not possible to wipe social memory.
Meaning "conscious" memory? No? A lot of useful knowledge has been forgotten or ostracized.
Sure, ideas are attracted to patterns of mind which most suitably resonate. Here, it's usually unconscious questions which attract. Ever adapting to changes in life circumstances which form this feedback loop.
Medication Madness: The Role of Psychiatric Drugs in Cases of Violence, Suicide, and Crime by Peter R. Breggin

Quote:In Medication Madness, psychiatrist Peter R. Breggin, M.D., describes how people taking psychiatric medication can experience abnormal behavioral reactions, including suicide, violence, emotional breakdowns, and criminal acts. Dr. Breggin explains his concept of “medication spellbinding”: individuals taking psychiatric drugs may have no idea whatsoever that their mental conditions are deteriorating and that their actions are no longer under control. He proves his argument by documenting dozens of cases from his practice and his consultations in legal cases.
Reading like a thriller, the book also examines how the FDA, the pharmaceutical industry, and the medical establishment continue to oversell the value of these drugs, and he provides information on how to safely stop taking psychiatric medications. Medication Madness is a compelling and frightening read as well as a cautionary tale about our reliance on medicine to fix what ails us.

from a review:

Quote:Psychotropics: Unsafe At Any Dose July 17, 2008
By Dr. Dathan Paterno
Format:Hardcover
For years, I have questioned how any mental health clinician could believe that psychotropic were safe or effective, with such a mountain of evidence showing that they are neither. In my practice, I have sat with many clients who were on psychiatric drugs; while none of them had really gotten better from them, so many of them seemed oblivious to this.

This book satisfies my question. They were "spellbound" by the drugs themselves: by the pharmacological properties of the drugs themselves and by the professionals who convinced them that the drugs were going to help.

It is easy to prove to an objective person that psychiatric drugs are unsafe and useless; the data are compelling, even overwhelming. But I now understand that the person taking these drugs is and cannot be objective about the drugs. This is quite helpful to me clinically.

I recommend ALL of Dr. Breggin's books; this is one of his most rigorously researched, persuasive, and conclusive yet.

and another:

Quote:Breggin wouldn't quarrel with the idea that intoxicants and stimulants damage or interfere with the brain - that's his thesis re all psych drugs (see, Brain Disabling Treatments in Psychiatry). But he would - rightly - object to the idea that the best way to help someone whose normal brain function has been disrupted by drugs of any kind, is to give him/her still more drugs. There is plenty of evidence (see The Open Dialogue Method of working with psychosis) that non-drug treatment works best with people who have serious mental/emotional problems, including those whose problems stem from substance abuse.
There was a psychiatrist on Coast to Coast a couple of nights ago, discussing this very issue.
personally i like flower essences and chinese herbs. they can do a lot to improve our state of mind. i have zero faith in the psychiatric drugs or chemo for that matter. how can a drug that treats depression cause suicidal thoughts. i guess the same way as chemotherapy can cause other forms of cancer. our forms of treatment seem to be insane but because enuf people with enuf degrees agree that they are ok they are given to society in general. our society is a buyer beware world and the responsibility is really ours to check if we are being told the truth. in many cases we are not. not knocking all of medicine but the drug field is fraught with danger to the consumer about which we are never told
If the method by which psychiatric drugs work is similiar to emotional repression, it would follow that since repression avoids dealing with the situation creating the disliked emotions, one could conceivable keep thinking/doing/being in a manner which conciously generates said disliked emotions, which would then be actively repressed or stored away by the drug. However, it makes sense that even drugs cannot make emotional catalyst "disappear", and if in fact the repression offered is similar to sober repression (where a person just represses a situation without drugs), it would continue to increase the strength of the emotion into the subconcious, at which point the psychiatric drug, despite increased dosage, may be completely ineffective in repressing the disliked emotion, or may be completely ineffective in repressing emotions often linked with any repression, emotions such as rage and violence, say even if the initial repressed emotion concerned depression.

At least, that makes sense in theory. I don't think we'll ever have a so-called God's eye view of what happens in the minds of shooters.

If indeed the ambient energy is making it harder for us to hide things from ourselves that is typical of 3rd density, we should probably see a lot more people snap. Hopefully I'm wrong.
(01-26-2013, 12:32 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]If the method by which psychiatric drugs work is similiar to emotional repression, it would follow that since repression avoids dealing with the situation creating the disliked emotions, one could conceivable keep thinking/doing/being in a manner which conciously generates said disliked emotions, which would then be actively repressed or stored away by the drug. However, it makes sense that even drugs cannot make emotional catalyst "disappear", and if in fact the repression offered is similar to sober repression (where a person just represses a situation without drugs), it would continue to increase the strength of the emotion into the subconcious, at which point the psychiatric drug, despite increased dosage, may be completely ineffective in repressing the disliked emotion, or may be completely ineffective in repressing emotions often linked with any repression, emotions such as rage and violence, say even if the initial repressed emotion concerned depression.

At least, that makes sense in theory. I don't think we'll ever have a so-called God's eye view of what happens in the minds of shooters.

That does make sense and may be part of how they work, but I think it's way more than that. Lots of people suppress their emotions for other reasons (like social conditioning) and never become violent; they just get themselves sick. So there has to be more to it than that.

Potent psychotropic drugs disrupt the neural pathways in the brain. Who knows, they might even invite in STS entities. (that part about STS entities is speculation)
There could easily be more to the equation. If Tobacco companies have purposely made cigarettes more addictive knowing that they would be more harmful in the process in search of the almighty profit, there's little to stop drug companies from a similar mentality (other than laughable oversight.).

It makes sense that if big pharm can actually prevent the patient from truly healing, that'd be in their best interests of profit. And I think we've all learned from Big Tobacco, don't document when you lie lol.
For me, the drugs are preventing violence. They keep the voices away that tell me to do bad things.
(01-26-2013, 02:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]For me, the drugs are preventing violence. They keep the voices away that tell me to do bad things.

The meds you're on might be different. Are they anti-depressants?

If they are helping you avoid violence, then that is what is important.
I'm not on an anti-depressant, as I don't really get depressed.
Though I have been a little down about what happened in my past
I wouldn't say I've been depressed about it.
The main med I'm on is risperdal, which is a psych med.
I found the voice before that was telling me to do bad things identified itself as Jehovah. I still send love rather than hate to this entity. Because here I can't possibly understand what was going on. I won't until my life review after I pass on.
(01-27-2013, 04:02 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not on an anti-depressant, as I don't really get depressed.
Though I have been a little down about what happened in my past
I wouldn't say I've been depressed about it.
The main med I'm on is risperdal, which is a psych med.

Apparently, drugs affect people in different ways. The reason I started this thread was to raise awareness of the fact that some antidepressant drugs increase the compulsion for violence in some people. And, it's difficult to know beforehand which people will be susceptible. So my purpose is to raise awareness about how these drugs are being prescribed so loosely.

I don't know anything about the drug you are taking, but it sounds like it might not be in the same classification as the antidepressant drugs that trigger violence in some people. At any rate, if it is clearly helping you, then I think you should definitely keep taking it.

(01-27-2013, 04:02 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I found the voice before that was telling me to do bad things identified itself as Jehovah. I still send love rather than hate to this entity. Because here I can't possibly understand what was going on. I won't until my life review after I pass on.

Any entity telling you to harm another being is clearly an STS entity.
(01-27-2013, 07:04 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Any entity telling you to harm another being is clearly an STS entity.

It's a good thing I got rid of my gun over a year ago.

Cyan

(01-27-2013, 07:54 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2013, 07:04 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Any entity telling you to harm another being is clearly an STS entity.

It's a good thing I got rid of my gun over a year ago.

Sometimes I wish I could be so sure.

Then I come to my senses. And I'm not sure if that's a good idea either.
Medications were designed to alleviate symptoms, not cure mental illness.

I think it's misleading to make blanket statements such as "psychiatric drugs causing compulsive violence." There are many factors that play out that was not discussed in the videos and articles. Using an antidepressant MAY lead to certain behaviors that MAY be violent. There are certain warning signs if a person is suicidal or homicidal, and the propensity for violence might have existed prior to taking medication.

Here are some ideas on how people may increase risks for adverse effects of psychotropic medications:

1) Misdiagnosis and prescription of the wrong drugs. E.g., Person with bipolar disorder takes certain types of antidepressant (that are meant for the treatment of depression and not meant for treatment of bipolar disorder) may increase the risk for adverse effects.

2) Mismanagement of medication. These powerful drugs were designed to be taken in a certain way. This means that people taking these drugs must go to see their psychiatrist regularly and report any side effects to docs.

Need to...
*Following directions: Medications must be taken as prescribed - if it says take once daily you take them once daily.

*Monitor & report changes: Any changes in mood, thoughts, or behaviors etc., MUST be reported to attending physician or mental health professionals. They rely on their clients to tell them about any changes to mood/behavior/thoughts so that they may adjust dosages and/or change medications as necessary.

*Discontinuing meds: If someone plans to stop taking their meds they MUST consult with a doctor or other healing practitioner. My friend started yoga when she went off her antidepressants and that worked for her (her condition had complex set of conditions and moderately severe mental health condition, but she is a tough lady. She had her alternative healing & support group in place when she stopped her meds).

3) Going to therapy: Studies have shown pretty consistently that people do better when they take medication while going to therapy (doesn't need to be psychotherapy necessarily).

4) Having adequate social support and social network system that will look out for person taking meds.

5) Making informed decisions about taking medication. Need to do research and get all the information. This also means knowing the risks and knowing what to do when person feels something is changing or condition is getting worse.
(01-28-2013, 07:25 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Medications were designed to alleviate symptoms, not cure mental illness.

Exactly! Which is why allopathic drugs, though necessary in some acute situations, usually have side effects, and those side effects can be quite severe. They just shift around the problem somewhere else.

But even when looking at their effectiveness at treating the symptoms, studies show they work only slightly better than placebo. (This is detailed in one of the videos linked below...I forgot which.)

(01-28-2013, 07:25 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's misleading to make blanket statements such as "psychiatric drugs causing compulsive violence." There are many factors that play out that was not discussed in the videos and articles. Using an antidepressant MAY lead to certain behaviors that MAY be violent.

If it happens in even a small percentage of the people taking them, then that's enough to incriminate these drugs.

First do no harm is supposed to be the medical industry's prime directive. But it has been thrown out the window long ago.

(01-28-2013, 07:25 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]There are certain warning signs if a person is suicidal or homicidal, and the propensity for violence might have existed prior to taking medication.

1. There have been many documented cases of people who were just depressed, but very sweet, peaceful people who, according to their families, would never have been violent, were it not for the drugs. The violence, whether to self or other-self, was completely out of character. So it just doesn't quite cut it to say that they may have had a predisposition to violence.

2. But even if they did, then that's all the more reason those drugs should be re-evaluated and possibly discontinued altogether. The argument "but some had a predisposition" is also used in the vaccine argument. "Vaccines don't cause autism...some children are already susceptible to autism and they are the only ones who become autistic right after being injected." Well, ok, if that is true, then don't inject any children because it's impossible to know who will become autistic and who won't! It is the same here. Even IF it's true that some people are at higher risk for the violent 'side effects' then that should negate ANY use of them at all! That is, if the drug industry had any interest in following the prime directive.

(01-28-2013, 07:25 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Here are some ideas on how people may increase risks for adverse effects of psychotropic medications:

1) Misdiagnosis and prescription of the wrong drugs. E.g., Person with bipolar disorder takes certain types of antidepressant (that are meant for the treatment of depression and not meant for treatment of bipolar disorder) may increase the risk for adverse effects.

I saw a longer documentary:

Ex-Pharmaceutical Rep. Speaks Out

...in which a former drug rep states that misdiagnosis is rampant. There is just no way a doctor can fully comprehend the patient's complex mental state in a 15-minute office visit.

More:

Antidepressants exposed

The Truth About Antidepressants #1

Why Antidepressants Do Not Work for Treating Depression

The Truth About Antidepressants #2

(01-28-2013, 07:25 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]2) Mismanagement of medication. These powerful drugs were designed to be taken in a certain way. This means that people taking these drugs must go to see their psychiatrist regularly and report any side effects to docs.

Need to...
*Following directions: Medications must be taken as prescribed - if it says take once daily you take them once daily.

*Monitor & report changes: Any changes in mood, thoughts, or behaviors etc., MUST be reported to attending physician or mental health professionals. They rely on their clients to tell them about any changes to mood/behavior/thoughts so that they may adjust dosages and/or change medications as necessary.

*Discontinuing meds: If someone plans to stop taking their meds they MUST consult with a doctor or other healing practitioner. My friend started yoga when she went off her antidepressants and that worked for her (her condition had complex set of conditions and moderately severe mental health condition, but she is a tough lady. She had her alternative healing & support group in place when she stopped her meds).

3) Going to therapy: Studies have shown pretty consistently that people do better when they take medication while going to therapy (doesn't need to be psychotherapy necessarily).

4) Having adequate social support and social network system that will look out for person taking meds.

5) Making informed decisions about taking medication. Need to do research and get all the information. This also means knowing the risks and knowing what to do when person feels something is changing or condition is getting worse.

All of these guidelines presuppose that the person is mentally and emotionally lucid enough to follow guidelines! Which is just absurd!

All of these guidelines fail to take into consideration that a depressed person tends to not follow guidelines.

Why? Because...they're depressed!

One could just as easily construct a list of natural guidelines for a depressed person, such as:

1. Exercise
2. Get sunlight
3. Take Omega 3's
4. Take vitamin D3
5. Get plenty of sleep
6. Drink ionized water
7. Talk to a friend or counselor
8. Take bluegreen algae, St. John's Wort, Kava Kava, etc.
9. Remove mercury amalgam fillings
10. Avoid junk foods
11. Monitor one's mental state and report any changes

All of these things have been proven to help with depression.If a depressed person did all those things, they probably would no longer be depressed and wouldn't need drugs in the first place!

So what's the problem then? The problem is that severely depressed people don't even feel good enough to do the very things that will help them! They might agree, "ok I'll get some sun...I'll exercise..." with good intentions, but then their depression kicks in and they lose their motivation. That's a hallmark symptom of depression! Depressed people lack the initiative to follow ANY list of guidelines!

Ask anyone who had a family member who was depressed, if the depressed person remembered to take their fish oil capsules that their family lovingly left in a cup on the kitchen counter for them. Ask them if the depressed person remembered to sunbathe on their own, or even was willing to do it when prompted...remembered to use the treadmill that's right there in the living room...

Here is the answer you'll get: "No, s/he wouldn't take the supplements I got for them...I had to actually hand the capsules to them, and nag them to swallow them. If I done do that, they don't get taken. If I don't insist s/he get some sun, it doesn't happen...s/he will say they don't feel like sunbathing or going for a walk...even though that's the very thing that will make them feel better! They don't even feel good enough to do anything at all...much less remember on their own to take their supplements at designated times."

So to expect them to take powerful drugs at designated times, and have the presence of mind to monitor their condition...ain't happening.

The sad part is that doctors know this. So for them to expect a depressed person to take their meds correctly, report any changes, etc. is simply unrealistic. It's like expecting someone with a broken leg to run a race!

So they prescribe these powerful, potentially dangerous drugs to the very people who, because of their condition, are unable to recognize the risk factors!

Cyan

I have 2 friends who are, to the best of my abilities, 2 of the smartest chemistry / biology / neuroscientists on the planet or at least damn close.

Both strongly recommend against SSRI's and SNRI's.

SSRI's are apparently similar to a long term cocaine use at high enough doses to never cause a "downer" (that is, they will constantly force you against all your wishes or desires onto a upward spiral at all times) SNRI's are apparently slightly worse in their speed of doing so. Their specific opinions I'll have to quote for if anyone is interested but thats the general gist.
Pages: 1 2