Bring4th

Full Version: Positive Things Happening NOW!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(02-25-2014, 12:20 PM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thankful you are so understanding.
By the way it took me a while to figure out but with quotes on this site you put [ quote] to start a quote and [ /quote] to end the quote but don't use spaces in the brackets BigSmile

Also, I play games because I'm the best at them Wink

WELL SEE ABOUT THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (angry face)
http://www.democracynow.org/2014/3/5/the..._is_a_hate

the video is beautiful - it shows the victim's father forgiving the killer face to face.
Nice gift, but the need to lie about it?
I am standing in line at a Tool concert in San Francisco (right now). A young man was sitting with his guitar playing several Tool songs. He had a sign stating something to the effect of he had traveled 2,000 miles hitch hiking so he could see Tool in concert for the first time, and needed to raise enough money for a scalped ticket or someone to give him one. I was skeptical at first, but after listening to him talk to several people in the crowd for more than an hour, I quickly realized his story was legitimate. My heart started crying out to him as he wasn't getting hardly any donations and it seemed hopeless. I wished I had purchased an extra ticket or magically had an extra one in my wallet.

I was nearly overwhelmed with emotion when the man behind me pulled out an extra ticket and handed it to him. It was a beautiful, magical moment.
(03-11-2014, 07:09 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Nice gift, but the need to lie about it?

Yeh, seems to have been done for entertainment purposes.
Just tell the guy that there had been a collection for him and give him the money.
Just maybe, because of the 'lie' there will be more 'likes', the video will become more popular and as a result more individuals will feel inclined or motivated to engage in similar acts of charity.

(03-11-2014, 09:01 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I am standing in line at a Tool concert in San Francisco (right now). A young man was sitting with his guitar playing several Tool songs. He had a sign stating something to the effect of he had traveled 2,000 miles hitch hiking so he could see Tool in concert for the first time, and needed to raise enough money for a scalped ticket or someone to give him one. I was skeptical at first, but after listening to him talk to several people in the crowd for more than an hour, I quickly realized his story was legitimate. My heart started crying out to him as he wasn't getting hardly any donations and it seemed hopeless. I wished I had purchased an extra ticket or magically had an extra one in my wallet.

I was nearly overwhelmed with emotion when the man behind me pulled out an extra ticket and handed it to him. It was a beautiful, magical moment.

Happened to me and my family at the scottish open a few years ago at Loch Lomond. I was broke and was depending on my mother to pay for the 3 quite expensive tickets ( over 40 pound each), when a stranger caught my eye and handed me complementary tickets that he no longer required.
Really made our day!
$40.000 found in old sofa.
Roommates return money to owner.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/ma...turn-owner
Pensioner gets mugged, folks donate online.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/...lan-barnes
well, not happening *right now*, but it did happen in recent times.

dunno how to find out more about this supposed story though.  Nevertheless, it's emotionally powerful regardless.

[Image: ddTcYZF.jpg]
(03-12-2014, 03:03 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2014, 07:09 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Nice gift, but the need to lie about it?

Yeh, seems to have been done for entertainment purposes.
Just tell the guy that there had been a collection for him and give him the money.
Just maybe, because of the 'lie' there will be more 'likes', the video will become more popular and as a result more individuals will feel inclined or motivated to engage in similar acts of charity.

(03-11-2014, 09:01 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I am standing in line at a Tool concert in San Francisco (right now). A young man was sitting with his guitar playing several Tool songs. He had a sign stating something to the effect of he had traveled 2,000 miles hitch hiking so he could see Tool in concert for the first time, and needed to raise enough money for a scalped ticket or someone to give him one. I was skeptical at first, but after listening to him talk to several people in the crowd for more than an hour, I quickly realized his story was legitimate. My heart started crying out to him as he wasn't getting hardly any donations and it seemed hopeless. I wished I had purchased an extra ticket or magically had an extra one in my wallet.

Happened to me and my family at the scottish open a few years ago at Loch Lomond. I was broke and was depending on my mother to pay for the 3 quite expensive tickets ( over 40 pound each), when a stranger caught my eye and handed me complementary tickets that he no longer required.
Really made our day!
This is just a small thing, but twice I have been going into a local store and strangers have stopped me and given me $10 and $12 off coupons for that store. (I used the coupons and felt great about it.)
Right before I moved, I had an exchange at my favorite restaurant. I went to pick up food one day and had a nice short chat with the cashier/owner, and as I was walking out I realized I underpaid. I got to the car to make sure I had all three items I ordered (and not just two that I paid for) and indeed, he had forgotten to charge me for an item ($8.50). I went back in and paid and then went home.

The next time we went to order take out (no more than a week later), as they were taking our order they were unsure about the availability of an item, but after a few moments they said they were sure they could do it. When we got to the restaurant to pick up the order, they apologized profusely and said they were out - and the place was busy as all get out and it was towards the end of lunch, no big deal, the husband already had a backup order ready. When we got home, at the bottom of the bag was a $10 gift certificate as an apology for their goof. The funny thing is that it was the other owner who was uninvolved in the previous transaction. Pretty quick and direct turn around on that one!
Pages: 1 2 3 4