Bring4th

Full Version: The work of Michael Newton as viewed through The Law of One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone!

I've been thinking about starting this thread for a little while now. Michael Newton is a name some here may recognize. He is the author of two poignant books, 'Journey of Souls' and the more exhaustive 'Destiny of Souls'. Newton, a seasoned hypnotherapist, summarizes his research in to the death, in-between-life, and re-birth process within these titles. He literally accumulated many decades worth of material before starting to write 'Journey'. What you read there is a good representation of over 7000 individual regressions. So deep in knowledge had he become that he is was able to give us a very clear picture of the after life, or shall we say, time/space.

Don Elkins was, I hear, also into hypnotherapy before the Ra contact and I suspect discovered similar things that Newton was (it seems, at the same time) uncovering.

There are many fascinating things I would like to discuss, especially in comparison to the Law of One material. Having read Newton's books and now (almost all of) the Ra material, I can say that they are two of the best overviews of the 'bigger picture' that I have ever found. Their comparison is begged by the very fact that they exist and are available to us in our third density. Before we get on with it however, I would like to ask and see if there is anyone here who has also read the Newton books, and/or have heard of Newton, and/or are simply interested in going further?

Cheers to you all,
Lavazza (shaken, not stirred)
my parents' neighbours recommended journey of the souls to my dad after his mother died - he bought it but not sure whether he read it. after reading your description i think i'm going to have to borrow it for a nosey Smile
Hi Lavazza
Are you still interested in exploring Newton's books? I'm midway through the second one having read the first not long after you started this thread, but I'm getting a lot more out of the second. The first felt a little bit to me like it was trying to convince me of the eternal nature of the soul, which obviously I already had an inkling about Smile

What I am finding, particularly tonight which is what prompted me to seek out this thread, is that reading through the cases is triggering revelations or perhaps just contemplation of the rationale behind my current incarnation, and I'm finding that process very helpful.
Hey Lorna, Yes, I'd be happy to! I was just thinking the other day about how this thread never really picked up steam, although I think there are some really interesting things that we could discuss especially as regards the Law of One.

I think the books are tremendously helpful to people in understanding the reason(s) why they are here. This offers much food for thought and inner reflection... I know I have benefited from this sort of reflection myself.

Any particular place you'd like to start some sort of dialog?

L&L, ~L
I guess one of the things that has jumped out to me are the descriptions of soul colours. When I read his first book my initial response was that his categorisation was just 'wrong', because I expected energy colours to be much more tightly linked to chakras. having now read a bit on that in the second book he does reference the expectation that some people have of a close tie with chakra colours, and yet his categorisation still jars with me. did you have any thoughts on that?

also what did you find most helpful from the books? at the moment i'm finding the content within them perhaps less directly helpful than the fact that the book is encouraging me to think about my own experiences
I'm glad you mentioned that, because that's where I was going to suggest we start if you didn't Smile It's been over a year since I finished the second book so my memory is a bit fuzzy- but I do recall that there were some color discrepancies. If I'm remembering correctly, white was equated with very little soul evolution / experience. Then on to yellow, then blue, and finally purple or violet. Is that right?

I have some thoughts on this especially as they relate to the densities, but please confirm that I am accurate with the colors before I go on.

~L
just grabbed my book for the little table he included so i'm replying accurately

level 1: 1 white, 2 off white grey / greyish with tints of pink
level 2: 3 white and reddish pink, 4 light orange yellow with tints of white
level 3: 5 yellow, 6 deep gold, gold with tints of green
level 4: 6 (as above), 7 green or brownish green
level 5: 8 light blue / light blue with gold, green or brown tints, 9 deep blue
level 6: 9 (as above), 10 deep blue with tints of purple
higher levels: 11 purple
I found the colours interesting, I've a feeling he revised them a little in the 2nd book when he moved on to how souls would have a core colour overlaid with different colours and shaped of energy - spiky or messy Smile
I think he says in the first book that early levels were like a dirty snowball.

Prehaps it would follow that a new entity would be white as it's just been created so is just a bit of creator.
The colours do seem to tie to the spectrum & chakras in a sence, other than the white being at one end..... I'd assume a brighter more brillinat white at the other end too - if that makes sence.
I just found the book Memories of the Afterlife in the Library. It has case studies of life between lives as revealed through hypnosis sessions performed by his trainees and edited by Michael Newton, PhD. Here is a paragraph by Ursula Demarmels of Salzburg, Austria, that struck me (my emphasis):

Quote:In our minds, we know a lot. However, the quality of our existence is enhanced by connecting directly with our soul mind and learning that we are immortal beings of light and love. Experiencing the rapid, positive progress triggered by spiritual between-life regression, I always feel thankfulness and grace, and I am deeply touched. During each spiritual regression session, I accompany the client and, during that process, I also grow in awareness of our oneness. The deeper truth is that there is no separation. Everything--human beings, animals, nature, Earth and the whole universe--all material and non-material forms and the spirit world are part of "all that is:" the eternal divine source.

If that isn't compatible with the LOO, I'll eat somebody's hat. :-/

:idea: And thanks to plenum for showing how to search the forums and find this thread.
Dolores Cannon is sometimes compared to Michael Newton. She has a book Between Death and Life, though I haven't read that yet.
I stumbled upon these books a while ago, but didn't get them. I feel the time is right this time around :¬)
I'm about 2/3 through Memories of the Afterlife, and wish it were mine instead of the Library's so I could write notes in the margins. It has examples, IMO, of Wanderers, old souls, newish souls and one that dabbled in a previous life with STS.

It refers to life between lives as the Spirit World, which has flexibility of time and other features of our time/space. Also, the person's Spirit Guide corresponds to our Higher Self.

Perhaps Ra used terms that Don would accept comfortably.

The SJ library system has two other books by Newton, so I will continue reading him. I'm thinking seriously of seeking an LBL regression. His website shows someone near me who does it. I'll probably have sticker shock, though. Confused
these are great books, and truly to be recommended.

the level of recalled detail is ASTONISHING.

Google Books will let you read a couple of chapters online ...

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=NcGk...on&f=false
I've read the first 3 books from Michael Newton's series. They are wonderful. They line up with Law of One. I also read Dolores Cannon's book the three waves. She has a different group of clients since her clients had to do with Alien abduction.

I liked the books so much, I went ahead and hunted down a past life regression hypnosis that studied under Michael Newton and Dolores cannon in my area to do a session for myself. I wanted to experience this first hand. It worked.

I found out about 3 of my past lives and how they relate this one. I was also able to talk directly with my higher self in one session and ask questions that I have not been able to answer in my meditations.

We live in a wonderful school that is Earth and what we are going through is something amazing.
great story ZenGuy!

this is also possibly relevant:

70.5 Questioner: I have an extra little question that I want to throw in at this time. Is regressive hypnosis on an individual past birth in this incarnation to reveal memories to it of previous incarnations a service or a disservice to it?

Ra: I am Ra. We scan your query and find you shall apply the answer to your future. This causes us to be concerned with the first distortion. However, the query is also general and contains an opportunity for us to express a significant point. Therefore, we shall speak.

There is an infinite range of possibility of service/disservice in the situation of time regression hypnosis, as you term this means of aiding memory. It has nothing to do with the hypnotist. It has only to do with the use which the entity so hypnotized makes of the information so gleaned. If the hypnotist desires to serve and if such a service is performed only upon sincere request, the hypnotist is attempting to be of service.
Is anyone aware of a means for overcoming resistance to hypnosis?

I would love to gain some recall of a past life, not just for what it would do in terms of helping to remove the inborn, biological fear of death, but more so in terms of tracing back causes for present-day, inexplicable blockages that seem to have no root in this particular lifetime.

I've tried a couple of times but to no avail. My conscious mind does not seem interested in releasing its grip on ordinary operating levels.

: ) GLB
(01-18-2012, 06:55 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone aware of a means for overcoming resistance to hypnosis?

I would love to gain some recall of a past life, not just for what it would do in terms of helping to remove the inborn, biological fear of death, but more so in terms of tracing back causes for present-day, inexplicable blockages that seem to have no root in this particular lifetime.

I've tried a couple of times but to no avail. My conscious mind does not seem interested in releasing its grip on ordinary operating levels.

One of my pass life regressions was self induced with Dick Sutphen's method of hypnosis. I have the hour long mp3 that actually works.

I think that past life memory is important if you feel like you are missing a piece of the puzzle in your current life. I've always had thoughts about being a monk and going to the mountains of China to be apart of a monastery. I always thought I could serve more by being a Monk for some reason. One of the past life that I was shown was that in fact I have already done this in a past life and I was a monk in china for the Shoalin temple in the 1300s. Knowing that past life help me understand why I always thought about it. My higher self told me that to Serve One is to Serve all, that that be being with my direct family now and helping them out is the same as being a Monk and serving the general masses.

Knowing that past life and hearing those words from my higher self put at easy my choices I've made in this lifetime and I understand what needs to be done in this current lifetime.

Remember that your higher self has the memories and consciousnesses from all your past lives and personalities in one. I can't wait for the day I'm back together with all my other selves and be one again. When you are free from this body and this brain, you will truly know who you are.
(01-18-2012, 08:18 PM)ThatZenGuy Wrote: [ -> ]One of my pass life regressions was self induced with Dick Sutphen's method of hypnosis. I have the hour long mp3 that actually works.

Would you direct me to this CD please?

(01-18-2012, 08:18 PM)ThatZenGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I think that past life memory is important if you feel like you are missing a piece of the puzzle in your current life.

Definitely true in my case. Mental/emotional/spiritual blockages in this life that emanate from a mysterious, unidentifiable source within that seem to have no linkage to the biographical past of this incarnation.

(01-19-2012, 07:19 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2012, 08:18 PM)ThatZenGuy Wrote: [ -> ]One of my pass life regressions was self induced with Dick Sutphen's method of hypnosis. I have the hour long mp3 that actually works.

Would you direct me to this CD please?

(01-18-2012, 08:18 PM)ThatZenGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I think that past life memory is important if you feel like you are missing a piece of the puzzle in your current life.

Definitely true in my case. Mental/emotional/spiritual blockages in this life that emanate from a mysterious, unidentifiable source within that seem to have no linkage to the biographical past of this incarnation.

The mp3 can be bought and downloaded here. http://www.mp3prohypnosis.com/ipnmonitor...=14&page=1

If you don't want to pay for it, I have a copy also I can send.
Zen, I was thinking of trading you a good grounding mp3 that my hypnotist made for me, but realized I don't need to be traveling in my mind into other realms. I need more work to ground myself in this reality. I'm not sure what condition I have, but it makes it difficult to stay grounded. A continually expanding mind needs to be able to contract as well.
(01-19-2012, 11:18 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Zen, I was thinking of trading you a good grounding mp3 that my hypnotist made for me, but realized I don't need to be traveling in my mind into other realms. I need more work to ground myself in this reality. I'm not sure what condition I have, but it makes it difficult to stay grounded. A continually expanding mind needs to be able to contract as well.

Gemini Wolf,

This 1 hour session is pretty safe, he actually asks for protection from your higher self and only have the high self show you a past life that you will learn from spiritually. He also states that during the session, only your spirit guide, higher self or positive higher beings are allowed to communicate with you. I felt completely safe.

If you want the MP3 I can send it to you.
(01-18-2012, 06:01 PM)ThatZenGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I liked the books so much, I went ahead and hunted down a past life regression hypnosis that studied under Michael Newton and Dolores cannon in my area to do a session for myself. I wanted to experience this first hand. It worked.

I found out about 3 of my past lives and how they relate this one. I was also able to talk directly with my higher self in one session and ask questions that I have not been able to answer in my meditations.

I downloaded and read Memories of the Afterlife after seeing Newton's books recommended here. I'm curious:

1) Did you reach the "life between lives" state? Were you able to speak with your council? Did you discover your higher soul purpose?

2) Were you able to incorporate the info from your session and change things in this life?

Smile
(01-23-2012, 12:12 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2012, 06:01 PM)ThatZenGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I liked the books so much, I went ahead and hunted down a past life regression hypnosis that studied under Michael Newton and Dolores cannon in my area to do a session for myself. I wanted to experience this first hand. It worked.

I downloaded and read Memories of the Afterlife after seeing Newton's books recommended here. I'm curious:

1) Did you reach the "life between lives" state? Were you able to speak with your council? Did you discover your higher soul purpose?

2) Were you able to incorporate the info from your session and change things in this life?

Smile

Journey of the Souls and Destiny of the Souls are his first two books, I recommend those too.

As for the life between life, yes I did experience a place that I went to after my previous life. I didn't have a council that I met up with though. I work directly with my Guide and did not have a soul group of my own. I was shown that I didn't belong to any Soul Group, but worked with thousands of other souls in various groups as their guide. I also found out that my soulmate doesn't even incarnate anymore either.

I found out a lot about my Soul's mission and purpose here on earth. It seems like I've been working on Earth for many thousands of years in different lifetimes to teach love and the choice of 3D. That everyone here has a choice of doing things out of love and compassion or doing things out of selflessness and hate. I was shown many life times in conflicts and wars and I was the one that that gave light and hope in those times to others.

I was under the impression that this might be my life Earth human incarnation though and after this life time, my work on Earth is done. It's been a long assignment.

Yes, the session were very helpful. I always felt this loneliness and void that I could not explain. The sessions gave me an answer that that is built in to my nature so I would seek God every lifetime, I would always feel that loneliness and void if I didn't answer my calling. Once I found out what my mission was and why I'm suppose to be here, that loneliness was reduced greatly.

Now I just have to continue to practice and meditate diligently and raise my own consciousness.
Very cool ZenGuy. Thank you. Smile
Wow ZenGuy, thanks for sharing that.

I read both the books, and got strong signes (Neon flashing ones) in my dreams that I should call spiritual regression.
I just didn't have £400 to throw at it.
(11-04-2010, 08:22 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]just grabbed my book for the little table he included so i'm replying accurately

I think it's interesting it talks about the 3 worlds.. maybe past these levels are the other worlds. Or maybe I'm mixing it up with another book.

Either way I think this can be linked to auras? or maybe i'm completely off. what does that say about crystals ?
(01-23-2012, 07:30 PM)BlatzAdict Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2010, 08:22 PM)Lorna Wrote: [ -> ]just grabbed my book for the little table he included so i'm replying accurately

I think it's interesting it talks about the 3 worlds.. maybe past these levels are the other worlds. Or maybe I'm mixing it up with another book.

Either way I think this can be linked to auras? or maybe i'm completely off. what does that say about crystals ?

According to the books and lining it up with Law of One, I think that the colors of the aura do match up. A 4D soul would have a green core and above. In the books he says these souls are healer type souls that have study healing. Most of the guides in his book are also light blue to dark blue with the council members being purple. They don't incarnate on Earth anymore for lessons but can if they want to help. He also mentions inter-dimensional teachers that would visit the soul classrooms that have silver/gold metallic auras.

When I went into the life between life session, I couldn't believe my own soul aura when she told me. I found out that I was a deep purple core with metallic gold/silver/light lining and my guide was pure gold/silver metallic like the inter-dimensional beings he mentioned in the book.

He does not talk about the three worlds, that is a different topic though.
(11-29-2009, 10:21 PM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]Don Elkins was, I hear, also into hypnotherapy before the Ra contact and I suspect discovered similar things that Newton was (it seems, at the same time) uncovering.

There are many fascinating things I would like to discuss, especially in comparison to the Law of One material.

Hey Eric,

It's been 3 and a half years since you posted this, but I thought I'd post a reply none the less. If you were looking for similarities between Michael Newton's material and the Law of One, I'll forward you to this report which gives over 20 similarities between the two. Many of these correlations are are really quite amazing.

Here's the link:

http://divinecosmos.info/law_of_one_mich...ities.html
Thanks frankensign. I'm reading what you posted now. It's going to be an interesting read. I have a great desire to be a part of non-physical realms. After this life, I don't want to come back.

Edit: Just finished reading. It was engaging. I'm glad they wrote about suicide. I definitely don't want to repeat this density. But I probably have a lot of work to do in order to be able to handle the amount of love and light required for 4th density.

I especially like the writing about the Council of Elders. I just hope when I go before them that I don't have too many flaws. I don't want a messed up life because of karma coming back to get me.

Oh well, life is short they say. Can't wait to meet all of you on the other side in my old age.

Here's some more info on Newton I'm reading now:
http://near-death.com/newton.html
I ordered both his Souls books. They should give for interesting reading.
Pages: 1 2